• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
lots of stuff
That is why you have to carry them. If you are better, you carry. If you are the same, then you don't really affect the outcome. If you think you get stuck with a bunch of sucky players all the time, don't pick Janna and support a carry you have no confidence in. Play pub stompers and get yourself farmed and capitalize on the other team being as stupid as your team.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
herp derp blind champion selection

Player 4 picks Graves, says "me and janna bot"
Player 3 picks Janna
Player 1 picks MF, locks in
Player 2 picks Trynd
I point out 3 AD carries
Player 4 switches from Graves to Renekton

Of course I then pick Vayne

Vyke

Smash Champion
You're really thinking about this too seriously. It's really not that hard. Go on Solomid.net, find a champion you know dominates solo queue, practice him/her for a bit, play ranked... gain elo.

People have the same problem with Smash when they look at themselves mechanically. Improvement comes with more play that involves less rage and more critical thinking. I know Smash doesn't have four other people you can blame, but we're talking about improving yourself ya?

Asking someone not to rage during a game is impossible though. Just record your games and watch them, see what you did wrong.

Or show them to jpak.

jpak

Smash Lord
really play 10 normals with sivir follow the build/guide i posted and then go play ranked
if your elo doesnt increase then i will personally do it for you ok? good deal!

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
^ seriously this works lol.

But who would you say does the job better. Sivr vs Zombie Karth?
I have more fun with kathus but I'm not sure cuz sivr just ***** lol

:phone:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight Well I won my last 3 ranked games I started venturing into other lanes a little more after I secured a kill in mine. Kinda helped I guess.

I'm starting to play pretty good AD bot tho. might start doing that instead of top lane kennen for a bit and see where that gets me.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Why do I see nobody playing Siver other than Chaox?
She is so strong now. That passive is insane, and her ult is bonkers especially if you have another auto attacker to take full advantage of it.

jpak

Smash Lord
ya chaox is the only one that streams and plays sivir
at IEM Kiev(the next big LoL tournamnet) in a few weeks sivir will be banned or first picked every game vs any team that plays it (TSM for example) guranteed

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Damn, aphromoo ***** lol.

Now that sivir is gonna have to be banned out against TSM its gonna leave more of Regis champions open. I see them winning this at kiev.

But I don't really follow foriegn teams between tourneys.. is world elite or fnatic going?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Fun games everyone. Playing with and against people that are better than me was a good experience.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
ya chaox is the only one that streams and plays sivir
at IEM Kiev(the next big LoL tournamnet) in a few weeks sivir will be banned or first picked every game vs any team that plays it (TSM for example) guranteed
I feel like there will be one team dumb enough to let the other team get something like Siver + Taric and it will be perma banned for the rest of the tourney.

It's my favorite bot lane combo atm. Your lategame with their double ult is just gross... Give your team another auto attacker like GP, Noct, Skarner etc. and you just poop on anything in teamfights.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@HondaFoo - fairly big mistake that I saw you do a few times as Graves that you could fix is to not use his ultimate as an execution move. You give up a LOT of damage by using it to finish low health people who are possibly all alone than by just targeting it onto a group.

That wasn't what lost the game of course, but something to fix/take note of.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
@HondaFoo - fairly big mistake that I saw you do a few times as Graves that you could fix is to not use his ultimate as an execution move. You give up a LOT of damage by using it to finish low health people who are possibly all alone than by just targeting it onto a group.

That wasn't what lost the game of course, but something to fix/take note of.
Thanks Px, yeah I tend to get into Lux mode sometimes and save it for last when I really should be taking advantage of all that damage to turn a fight in our favor early. My Graves and basically my AD carry play in general needs a lottt of work. I tend to get tunnel vision when I'm in the middle of things trying to auto attack, since I'm more used to being on the outside looking over my teammates shoulders.

Sorry for the bad games guys, I feel like my horrible play contributed a lot to us losing those two. Just keep giving me advice in-game and I'll get better soon enough though, I'm a quick learner

Leacero

Smash Lord
Thanks Px, yeah I tend to get into Lux mode sometimes and save it for last when I really should be taking advantage of all that damage to turn a fight in our favor early. My Graves and basically my AD carry play in general needs a lottt of work. I tend to get tunnel vision when I'm in the middle of things trying to auto attack, since I'm more used to being on the outside looking over my teammates shoulders.

Sorry for the bad games guys, I feel like my horrible play contributed a lot to us losing those two. Just keep giving me advice in-game and I'll get better soon enough though, I'm a quick learner
yeah don't worry about it honda, fear boners never get soft.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I couldn't think of anything important to post on page 2000. So I figured I'd mention that there's another team with the name Fear Boner.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I was thinking about one thing Dastrn said. Do you guys think the number of games where you gain or lose more elo at the beginning of the season is big enough to get a good distribution?

Also, if you think you don't belong where you are, you should really abuse a character or strategy that is really strong at your elo. Before the jungle changes, I would just jungle WW and go on winning streaks until I hit 1400s.

Malphite is a sort of sleeper right now. His jungle is stupid fast and his game against brawlers top is fantastic.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
IMO, the most important part of a character to carry 4 bads vs. 5 bads is the ability to punish positioning mistakes. For me this means you need to be an initiator that won't get blown up if it takes your team a couple seconds to follow you or a long range ranged AD like Trist, Ashe or Kog. With assassiny characters like vayne, ahri, kass, akali, it just seems like you need to get uber-fed in order to kill them fast enough that you can start fights without dying and costing your team the game.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I wasn't aware Caseynelson still played. Chu8 seems nice from his stream, but I don't play /w him so Idk.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I also think the key of carrying in low elo is exploiting the worst character on the opposite team.

Find the worst character; kill them constantly.

Edit: That stream skips so much. I'm not sure if it's me or you. o_O

Edit 2: And it's dead.

Edit: 3: 30,000th post. Oh snap.

Top Bottom