• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Bad at CS bad at carry bad at positioning bad at using skill shots bad at LIFE

Jpak is god I hope you all accept it one day. Riven top heal all day

jpak

Smash Lord
Did you see me beat Goose :)? But lost to the other team but that was just a scrim and I know what I did wrong.

Will be playing again tomorrow, things will be very different, just getting back into 5s. You will probably see more advanced calls tomorrow. There was a lot I wanted to do but thought it would be too confusing.

Plus my mid lane is a real player ^^, DanGR you will see your personal recommendation for mid lane tmrw :D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Did you see me beat Goose :)? But lost to the other team but that was just a scrim and I know what I did wrong.

Will be playing again tomorrow, things will be very different, just getting back into 5s. You will probably see more advanced calls tomorrow. There was a lot I wanted to do but thought it would be too confusing.

Plus my mid lane is a real player ^^, DanGR you will see your personal recommendation for mid lane tmrw :D
Awesome. :o

MacD

Banned via Administration
after my week long ranked break, i feel like i'm just doing so much better

and even when we lose cause of bad teammates i can deal with it and don't get the solo queue rage. though bad supports still make me really mad cause they make me lose my lane :/

this game is so fun but so frustrating :(

also jpak teach me k thanks

jpak

Smash Lord
umm in solo queue i would say 9/10 games the ADs I have bot lane are bad.

UTD has a few good LoL players, I think they even have a competitive team. You should check them out zac. Ya they do have look up Univ of Texas at Dallas under ranked teams

john!

Smash Hero
you know those players that dominate their lane, but can't team fight correctly and constantly get caught, and lose the game because of their stupid mistakes?

i had 3 of those on my team just now. :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No Iggy. It would be statistically impossible to be 3 people at once

Vyke

Smash Champion
He used to troll a buttload back in Season 1 as Azriam. Like, almost bad as Chongshen. He raged hardcore.

Now he's trying (lol) to be polite and nobody believes him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
you know those players that dominate their lane, but can't team fight correctly and constantly get caught, and lose the game because of their stupid mistakes?

i had 3 of those on my team just now. :(
That really sucks man. :/

How can we help you deal with this loss?

Hax

Smash Champion
teleport or ignite on twisted fate? ignite secures more kills, teleport makes for cool combos like destiny -> kill -> recall -> buy items with newly acquired gold/heal -> tp right back to lane. good escape tool too (3 second recall is a huge difference from 7 second recall as tf)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm going to need tissues. and a lot of sweets. maybe some therapy.
**** man. we can't help with any of that. I guess it's no use posting your issues here then. You should get some outside help. :/

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
are you even good at this game? do you want to see the replay? no? then shut the **** up.
No, but I'm better than you. No, and I just want you to stop john!ng all over the thread. Everyone has games where they don't have the best teammates, deal with it.

No Iggy. It would be statistically impossible to be 3 people at once
Triplle boxing would explain constantly overextending, just saying.

jpak

Smash Lord
He used to troll a buttload back in Season 1 as Azriam. Like, almost bad as Chongshen. He raged hardcore.

Now he's trying (lol) to be polite and nobody believes him.
I thought chongshen is teddyro's smurf?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
teleport or ignite on twisted fate? ignite secures more kills, teleport makes for cool combos like destiny -> kill -> recall -> buy items with newly acquired gold/heal -> tp right back to lane. good escape tool too (3 second recall is a huge difference from 7 second recall as tf)
It's up to you to make that call.

You know the benefits of both:

ignite secures kills/stops heals, also prevents you from being dominated in lane due to other AP having ignite (since if they are smart/even skilled with you they would force this trade, I think tele CD longer than ignite CD).

tele allows more mobility (split pushing/turret defense) on top of TF ult.

Just try to reason it out. Their isn't really a clear cut winner here, especially because TF has great split pushing ability and can use tele better than most AP mids.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's up to you to make that call.

You know the benefits of both:

ignite secures kills/stops heals, also prevents you from being dominated in lane due to other AP having ignite (since if they are smart/even skilled with you they would force this trade, I think tele CD longer than ignite CD).

tele allows more mobility (split pushing/turret defense) on top of TF ult.

Just try to reason it out. Their isn't really a clear cut winner here, especially because TF has great split pushing ability and can use tele better than most AP mids.
This, except there is no reason to always use one over the other! If you're doing draft mode you'll be able to see your lane opponent/the opposing team, and if you use your different Summoners and learn when they're useful and when they're not then you'll be more versatile/better.

-DD

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Any suggestions on how to properly build Irelia? There seem to be a lot of different ways to build her although I see almost every one grab Tri Force. Is atmogs good on her or like wit's end or something? Do I skip wriggle's altogether and rush tri force?
My build as almost consistently been wriggles, merc treads, wit's end, phage, guardian angel.
Then either tri-force or more armor/mr.

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
My build as almost consistently been wriggles, merc treads, wit's end, phage, guardian angel.
Then either tri-force or more armor/mr.

:phone:
Irelia's pretty malleable when it comes to builds. get what you need for early games in terms of gold/10s, merc/tabi, wriggle's, and then try to shoot for wit's + trinity + GA as your midgame core. I honestly am not that crazy about irelia atm, I think the new masteries kinda screwed her over.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
what the **** is going on with solo q, is the new meta for 2012 just troll your team as much as you can?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
as far as I can tell the 2012 meta is the exact same as the 2011 meta. jungler camp mogwai top for first 10 minutes -_-.
Every time I've watched your stream you've pushed past river being aggressive with no ward in top lol and you always get ganked. I've been wondering why you don't ward more often.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Every time I've watched your stream you've pushed past river being aggressive with no ward in top lol and you always get ganked. I've been wondering why you don't ward more often.
mmm, I tend to ward less when I'm on tilt, you might've caught me at bad times. I typically buy a bunch of wards these days, but then there are those games where I ward my brush in lane, tribrush, and river at the same time, then I go for a kill and for some ****ing reason Noct's been camping their brush in lane for the past 2 minutes, just waiting for me to go after their Kennen to ult on my *** -_-. Last night pissed me off so much, this game sucks.

EDIT: also, I frequently get jumped when trying to place my initial wards. let's just say I miss the days when you could ask for a cv....

voorhese

Smash Master
My 2nd favorite christmas present this year is a brazilian soccer jersey with the last name "mordekaiser" and the number 1

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Irelia's pretty malleable when it comes to builds. get what you need for early games in terms of gold/10s, merc/tabi, wriggle's, and then try to shoot for wit's + trinity + GA as your midgame core. I honestly am not that crazy about irelia atm, I think the new masteries kinda screwed her over.
I've been told never to get wriggle's on Irelia lol never really followed that advice

what the **** is going on with solo q, is the new meta for 2012 just troll your team as much as you can?
pretty much

as far as I can tell the 2012 meta is the exact same as the 2011 meta. jungler camp mogwai top for first 10 minutes -_-.
That happens to me quite a bit when I solo top Nasus. The junglers think they're so good just waiting for 5 min before I overextend in the slightest. So now I ward up all day. I warded before but now I make sure I've always got a few spare ones. I ****ing hate getting ganked top

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I never really mind getting ganked top >_> lol. Then again I play cho/nid mostly top and they are hard to gank.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've been told never to get wriggle's on Irelia lol never really followed that advice
wriggle's is the answer to hard AD matchups as Irelia. you ever see a Garen trying to do damage to an Irelia with Wriggle's? it's heartrendingly adorable.

I never really mind getting ganked top >_> lol. Then again I play cho/nid mostly top and they are hard to gank.
Well yea. I don't mind getting ganked top when I'm playing someone who can just sit back and farm and be ok with that, but I tend to play aggressive characters, so yea, w/e, guess it's my own fault. I just get so bored playing Galio.

Top Bottom