• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
you can push your lane any time you want. how would this be more frequent this next patch? o.o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey guys any tips for jungling? I would assume anything besides spawn times etc since they will be different. : D

I'm practicing jungling as Skarner but I just want to make sure I am consistent and know what I should do so that I don't let my team down, like should I stop junglin at some point and be more present at team fights, etc

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If the jungle becomes another lane, sustainable in gold/xp, then it will be likely to see junglers which prefer to farm instead of ganking.
Compared to current junglers who would gank a pushed lane in between jungle creeps. It would now be a sacrifice rather than just 'standard'

I wasn't meaning that pushing a lane to trap a jungler was anything new :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Those little packs are pretty insignificant, especially as the game progresses (according to them) and you have to walk over them like in dominion from what I understand. I think it's hard to understand how these changes will affect the jungle if you don't jungle frequently.

Like Shaya said, now you have to sacrifice something to pressure other lanes, instead of just kind of going when lanes are down. Counterjungling will actually be time-inefficient for the one doing the counterjungling unless he's taking a buff or something, b/c of time wasted walking from his jungle to the enemy's and then if he wants it to be effective, he can only take half the camp or they'll respawn by the time the guy wants them. Either that or if they spot you, they just go to your jungle since your camps will respawn.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I end up jungling roughly 90% of the time I play.
I'm kinda nervous about all of these jungle changes and what they mean for me. :applejack:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Who would you say, out of all the champs in the game, is the worst at Jungling?

voorhese

Smash Master
i tried jungle yorick 2 games in a row now with my sister and faithkeeper, they did fine in lane and i got ganks and pushes out of lane when we needed them or when ever i wanted to, but the randoms lost their lanes hard.

jpak

Smash Lord
Those little packs are pretty insignificant, especially as the game progresses (according to them) and you have to walk over them like in dominion from what I understand. I think it's hard to understand how these changes will affect the jungle if you don't jungle frequently.
It's even harder to understand the changes if you don't click the link I provide you that says

"Rewards have been pushed such that the bigger monsters in a camp grant a higher % of the gold and exp, plus heal the killer. Feedback from Test Realm has been consistent that counterjungling is very strong, stronger than on live.

Feedback from about 2 weeks ago was that counterjungling was still much too strong in the new jungle, though it's been tuned down since and I think it's in about the right spot now." - Guinsoo

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's even harder to understand the changes if you don't click the link I provide you that says

"Rewards have been pushed such that the bigger monsters in a camp grant a higher % of the gold and exp, plus heal the killer. Feedback from Test Realm has been consistent that counterjungling is very strong, stronger than on live.

Feedback from about 2 weeks ago was that counterjungling was still much too strong in the new jungle, though it's been tuned down since and I think it's in about the right spot now." - Guinsoo
I'd already read a post by Guinsoo... but in that one he said the health stuff was from smaller camps. Also when he's referring to counterjungling he's talking about buff stealing, not small camp taking (which is actually impactful to gameplay currently b/c of how it sets a jungler back). Buff stealing is always strong, and now since it is worth more relatively, that aspect will be stronger, but that's also the easiest one to prepare for since you can time it and have your team ready to support you.

The counterjungling that was fun and unpredictable was stealing the smaller camps when enemies went to gank or pressure if you weren't in any good position to help out. He says the only real way to counterjungle now is to take part of a camp and leave the rest, which hampers you pretty hard income and time-wise.

This is all theorycrafting of course and we'll see when the patch comes out. But I'm more inclined to believe Stonewall's opinion than Guinsoo's on jungling (even if he isn't an incredible player he still knows his jungle quite well).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Weaker camps means a lot of junglers wont ever be low on HP either. No more running in to kill that guy while he fights red!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I loved the guy who said he watched pro play and it involved being super sonic every game.

I couldn't even resist chiming in b/c jesus christ.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I loved the guy who said he watched pro play and it involved being super sonic every game.

I couldn't even resist chiming in b/c jesus christ.
idk bro

if I could super sonic every game I'd probably win tournies

just saiyan

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd already read a post by Guinsoo... but in that one he said the health stuff was from smaller camps. Also when he's referring to counterjungling he's talking about buff stealing, not small camp taking (which is actually impactful to gameplay currently b/c of how it sets a jungler back). Buff stealing is always strong, and now since it is worth more relatively, that aspect will be stronger, but that's also the easiest one to prepare for since you can time it and have your team ready to support you.

The counterjungling that was fun and unpredictable was stealing the smaller camps when enemies went to gank or pressure if you weren't in any good position to help out. He says the only real way to counterjungle now is to take part of a camp and leave the rest, which hampers you pretty hard income and time-wise.

This is all theorycrafting of course and we'll see when the patch comes out. But I'm more inclined to believe Stonewall's opinion than Guinsoo's on jungling (even if he isn't an incredible player he still knows his jungle quite well).
I think his take on this is interesting.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Anybody want to do some normal draft queues with me? I Duo-queue with voorhese a lot, but he's not always awake and up for lol at the same time I am, and regardless, 1 less random is a good thing if we queue as 3+. I don't really care how good you are right now (although I wouldn't mind being carried and given tips and such) but if I have advice to offer I'm going to say it because my dad was a tennis coach who applied the same philosophy to me and now I perpetuate it. So yeah, if you are up for games consistently, or just want to give/receive advice after playing a few games with me, buddy me. I'm "Faithkeeper". I'm level 28 (might be 29 when you read this) but if you check out my match history to see how I do be sure you note whether it was custom or not because I've done a lot of testing and stuff with voorhese in custom games and those scores (good or bad) are not indicative of normal play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anybody want to do some normal draft queues with me? I Duo-queue with voorhese a lot, but he's not always awake and up for lol at the same time I am, and regardless, 1 less random is a good thing if we queue as 3+. I don't really care how good you are right now (although I wouldn't mind being carried and given tips and such) but if I have advice to offer I'm going to say it because my dad was a tennis coach who applied the same philosophy to me and now I perpetuate it. So yeah, if you are up for games consistently, or just want to give/receive advice after playing a few games with me, buddy me. I'm "Faithkeeper". I'm level 28 (might be 29 when you read this) but if you check out my match history to see how I do be sure you note whether it was custom or not because I've done a lot of testing and stuff with voorhese in custom games and those scores (good or bad) are not indicative of normal play.
Sure I could. I'm only level 23 now. : D I would be interested in normal draft since it'd be more team comp oriented.

Top Bottom