• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I find the Morg situation a little funny. They lowered her cooldowns by about 1 second, lowered the time to stun on her ult, and now she's a menace. She's just got such a strong, solid kit.

I don't really know how or why, but champion design just changed a lot in recent months. For some reason, it just doesn't seem like champions are as linked to their kits as they used to. Idk, it's hard to explain, because in some cases it seems like they've done a great job (Xerath, for instance) but it just doesn't have the same feeling as old champs, like Anivia, or Heimer, or Shaco, or Tryndamere. Am I making any sense or just rambling?

I think it's that a lot of the older champions had both a clearly defined character and a clearly defined playstyle, and those two together really made champs feel unique.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think it's that a lot of the older champions had both a clearly defined character and a clearly defined playstyle, and those two together really made champs feel unique.[/COasdfasLOR]

Skarner sticks to you like super glue on duct tape, Fizz has a "playful" playstyle with his Q and E, Yorick has a bunch of ghosts, Leona has her patented Metric Crapton of Stuns.

Turazrok

Smash Master
My skype breaks when I get a new mic.

Anyone else have issues with skype crashing on startup with windows?

edit: the mic has nothing to do with the skype crashing lol.. it did it before.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
My skype breaks when I get a new mic.

Anyone else have issues with skype crashing on startup with windows?

edit: the mic has nothing to do with the skype crashing lol.. it did it before.
It's because Skype is a really, really ****ty program that interacts really poorly with sound drivers.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Not sure if I'm unlucky or if its because its thanksgiving break and kids are playing league, but 5/6 of my ranked games tonight have been trolls :|

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Soraka over-extends
Soraka is snared
Soraka explodes in a rainbow of death
An enemy is unstoppable!
I would have flashed if I thought that tornado would hit me!

EDIT: Wait, you mean blowing me up as Lux?

Every time I died to you I was behind my team and you did like half my health with your ultimate. @_@

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Is this your secret weapon Honda???? Why can't you let me in on the cool kids club and tell me. :(
OHOHOHOHOHO

I would have flashed if I thought that tornado would hit me!

EDIT: Wait, you mean blowing me up as Lux?

Every time I died to you I was behind my team and you did like half my health with your ultimate. @_@
muahahahhaahhaa

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
For any of you guys reading this that are scared to play soloqueue, I'm learning so much just by soloqueueing at elos that challenge me. o.o

Feel like my nidalee has gotten 10x better the last couple days.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Practicing jungling with skarner whooo...

sadly our yi got d/c'd at lvl 2 and we went on with 23 min without him. Oh well. : D More jungleee

jpak

Smash Lord
i used to think ad nid was the only way to go but ap still does fine and still serves the same purpose. hotshot went ap nid at iem china or a different tourney and carried sooo hard

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
This seems strange, but even our TNS are infinitely harder than my solo queue games. It's almost like I can predict what my lane opponent is going to do before they do it. And I have a general idea of where everybody is and what they're planning. I think low ELO has alot of really obvious patterns. the same things seem to happen over and over again. Also getting destroyed by Lea made me step my AP mid game up. RAWR.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey I can now use my leftover RP for a skin I wanted <3

MacD

Banned via Administration
If that's AP nida, then stop that, because it's total ****.
NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER

WOW the black friday sales for League of legend is ****in legit.
OMG, THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME

i totally forgot cause my internet at home is so crap i can't download the patch so i totally forgot

oh cool, we got till monday at midnight

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm going to miss his epic man pubes that touched his beard... but this art is pretty badass, so I'll live.

EDIT: Great... jungle getting changed again. Why Riot making me work so hard!? (Although shorter respawns means farm-dependent junglers will be able to thrive some more instead of just the gank heavy ones, and maybe the fast six junglers).

Guess it remains to be seen what exactly they changed. And now I have to learn all the new timers :(

Easy jungle camps may make for many more unorthodox junglers as well.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Volibear is the complete epitomy of that problem i was talking about with champion design the other day. What in that kit helps define the champion's character? The gameplay elements don't say anything like "Armored Bear" to me, they just say generic Tanky DPS with particles to flavor.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No let's give him an ability that instant kills you if he can reach your head cause he's knawing on it

D

Deleted member

I'm going to miss his epic man pubes that touched his beard... but this art is pretty badass, so I'll live.

EDIT: Great... jungle getting changed again. Why Riot making me work so hard!? (Although shorter respawns means farm-dependent junglers will be able to thrive some more instead of just the gank heavy ones, and maybe the fast six junglers).

Guess it remains to be seen what exactly they changed. And now I have to learn all the new timers :(

Easy jungle camps may make for many more unorthodox junglers as well.
pretty much the first thought i had when i saw the new gp skin

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
THANK YOU for giving Siver a range buff.
Passive is very nice, but I dunno about Ricochet. Guess it depends on the CD but no more lategame Siver taking on an entire team?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
THANK YOU for giving Siver a range buff.
Passive is very nice, but I dunno about Ricochet. Guess it depends on the CD but no more lategame Siver taking on an entire team?
She has an on-next-hit effect at massive range.

Not gonna wanna lane vs her.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Also junglers that want to rush six (WW, GP, Noct) are going to see some revival as well.

Only downside is that, depending on the timers, there will be little to no incentive to counterjungle, which takes one of the more dynamic aspects of jungling out of the game :\

It will be interesting to see the dynamic of lanes sharing jungle xp though.

Top Bottom