• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So uh, ****ting on people who troll you in ranked in previous games has got to be top 5 on "Best LoL feelings".

That is all.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Yeah it was definitely Dyrus who started this current trend
I've had semi sucess with Cassiopeia as of lately vs him, is there any personal preference that any1 has vs him willing to try more things to counter him AP mid/Top lane?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jarvan probably ***** him. Silence in general is hard for him to deal with, characters that leap in to do lots of damage, while still having sustain (irelia, Xin) certainly beat him out later and a LOT of characters can shaft him when Shield is down. Garen does fine as well if you like playing that ******. Morgana is safe while also working well later for your team in absorbing his stuns. Poppy can be hard to deal with later on because her passive chops away SO much of Sion's burst.

There are plenty of champs that can lane vs Sion. Not a ton just straight up take a dump on him, but there are plenty of MU's that are comfortable vs him where unless you play it incredibly wrong, you shouldn't really die or get heavily out CS'd by him.

jpak

Smash Lord
cass, xerath and karthus do well against sion. need something to blow the shield up, i cant see someone that dependso n autoattacks like xin doing well since sion will just stun them and they cant autoattack where the APs I listed can exchange enough burst before a stun.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Xin wouldn't have enough burst to deal with him past like, level 5. You also have to keep in mind that you want to have someone laning against him that can also clear creep waves quickly or he will just **** on his wave and go kill/harass someone elsewhere while you slowly push it back.

Poppy hard counters his ***, but she has to make it past the laning phase. Stick her in some other lane and have Sion farm against someone else, maybe? Then mid-to-late burst down his shield.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Jarvan probably ***** him. Silence in general is hard for him to deal with, characters that leap in to do lots of damage, while still having sustain (irelia, Xin) certainly beat him out later and a LOT of characters can shaft him when Shield is down. Garen does fine as well if you like playing that ******. Morgana is safe while also working well later for your team in absorbing his stuns. Poppy can be hard to deal with later on because her passive chops away SO much of Sion's burst.

There are plenty of champs that can lane vs Sion. Not a ton just straight up take a dump on him, but there are plenty of MU's that are comfortable vs him where unless you play it incredibly wrong, you shouldn't really die or get heavily out CS'd by him.
Na, J4 is passable vs. Sion but it's really far from ****. Sion's hard counter is Teemo with old wit's end... Honestly, nowadays it's pretty ****ing hard to beat him in lane because his mana seems so much more stable than in the past, so even if you could "beat" him, he can pretty much just prep shield -> run in -> stun you out of your burst that would be enough to kill his shield -> blow up shield on you and the creepwave -> run out. Sion's kinda just a giant flaming *******, thank god his late game is pretty awkward and terrible.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So for my top lane champs I've got Akali, working on Cho and Galio, and I have Irelia lined up to be learned when I feel like buying her.

Are there any other solid top lane picks I should look into?
-DD

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
So for my top lane champs I've got Akali, working on Cho and Galio, and I have Irelia lined up to be learned when I feel like buying her.

Are there any other solid top lane picks I should look into?
-DD
Udyr is scary when the other team is lacking cc.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Haven't his mana costs been the same though bar maybe his ult? The only nerfs/changes I remember were half a second on stun, shield base damage nerfed by 10, base health nerfed, and something minor like 5 movespeed taken off or health per level nerfed. I didn't think they buffed his mana costs. I mean maybe it seems more manageable because of the mana regen changes they made awhile back to weaken mana regen runes/buff natural regen or cause of Dring stacking? Idk. Not disagreeing with you that it doesn't seem hard to keep him around in lane, but mechanically mana wise there shouldn't be much difference between this Sion and Old Sion.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Haven't his mana costs been the same though bar maybe his ult? The only nerfs/changes I remember were half a second on stun, shield base damage nerfed by 10, base health nerfed, and something minor like 5 movespeed taken off or health per level nerfed. I didn't think they buffed his mana costs. I mean maybe it seems more manageable because of the mana regen changes they made awhile back to weaken mana regen runes/buff natural regen or cause of Dring stacking? Idk
http://lol-patch.com/Sion.html

the quality of life changes in the latest patch are pretty significant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
!!!!!!!!

That's definitely noticeable. Why don't I remember that?

And that was what, less than 2 months ago?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've been having success against Sion with Gragas lately.
Sustains himself in lane all day, pushes as hard, very hard to gank with his mobility, and in teamfights you can either burst through his shield with your big AoE or hurl him out of detonation range. The nice thing about bursting through his shield is that you aren't sacrificing damage to the rest of his team in the process if anybody is close to him.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Now that Circa is open, I don't know if I want to grab it or keep Obsolete Future. :|

Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: Also jealous of VanZ. Samus claim like holy ****.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In other news,
I'm finally SHAYA IN GAME.
No more weird a!

That level 0, 0 matches played, 0 experience scrub had my name on ransom for a year and a half or something. I do hate how it costs so much to change your name though :(

john!

Smash Hero
yeah i'm "john" now, straight up, no weird letters or anything

if mogwai ever edits that original post (which still says i main teemo... LOL i don't even own teemo >_< wtf was i thinking)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
LoL Tag(s): Thiocyanide
LoL Mains: Olaf, Warwick, Xin'zhao, Irelia, Amumu, Sona, Kayle, LeBlanc, Lux, Tristana, Miss Fortune, Kog'maw, Singed

Champions I still actually play!

I think I made that list back when choosing Akali was like:

"lol why are you picking akali"

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[8:32:37 PM] a: why did you let him play lol
[8:32:49 PM] a: now he has to split his money between lol, wow, and an xbox live account
[8:35:31 PM] b: it's like having to split your crack money by buying black tar heroin and speed

Suddenly I am painfully aware of how much money I have spent on a free game

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Stain gone
In the first wash
Stain (stain) gone
In the first (first) wash

I swear if I have to hear that one more time :mad088:

Top Bottom