• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I feel like playing without a jungler vs a team with a jungler is instant win. Top lane always loses 1v2 and then it just snowballs from there. Oh did the jungler try to gank? You'll both die because you've been poked 2v1 the whole time and your jungler is often a level lower than both top lane members. FUN STUFF
This is exactly what happened to my team today. Our top solo jax fought an Anivia Brand team. We were able to kill brand over and over but we lost tower way too fast. And then things just started to uncontrollably snowball.

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok so honestly, do any of you think Brand is OP?

I have had 3 different teams I was murdering today say it to me.

One of which was when I was on bot lane pushing their 2nd last turret before the inhib and Annie and Vayne come out of nowhere.

I proceed to e>q annie then w>r them into oblivion before getting killed by the turret.

They both rage quit. xD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Reverse annie is out

but still nothing about season ending :mad:

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I remember first playing Shaco, he destroyed me because I had no idea what he was doing.

Sent, what is your name in LoL?
I have been playing for about the same amount of time.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
An hour game, we are barely winning, we have Baron, but then our Yi leaves.
We lose the team fight, we a tower, two inhibitors, 4 people, and they lost 3.
We defend the whole game and then lose.

I hate that Yi with a passion.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brand's passive is a bit strong imo. I'd have it scale upwards with level so that he's not getting the full benefit during early laning. Or additionally/alternatively, add a timer that prevents him from reapplying the debuff for a bit. He gets a lot of free damage that way, like Jarvan gets from AA's, but without the reapply timer.

Like the other parts of Brand I don't really mind much. Don't like the concept of his ult/execution of it, but everything else seems alright. I find it interesting that he's one of the few casters with 4 damaging spells to use. Most other casters have some defensive/supportish kind of spell. Having 4 damaging spells, all of them fair range and applying a further damage debuff % health with some being pokes, might be a bit much.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I die from Brands passive far more than I do from the attacks themselves.

bassem6

Smash Lord
brand vs annie discussion. gogogo! Who is better?

I like annie's stun better because its instant and aoe. Plus its cool that any of her skills can stun. Brands passive is sweet and I feel like he is safer and can fight from a longer range than annie.

My vote goes to brand because I like his kit better and he looks cool.

Brand:1 Annie:0

P.S. I love when I play as brand and the person Im laning against is at like half health. They ask for a jungle gank and I ult them and it bounces between the two of them for massive damage. Free double killz.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Brand's passive is a bit strong imo. I'd have it scale upwards with level so that he's not getting the full benefit during early laning. Or additionally/alternatively, add a timer that prevents him from reapplying the debuff for a bit. He gets a lot of free damage that way, like Jarvan gets from AA's, but without the reapply timer.

Like the other parts of Brand I don't really mind much. Don't like the concept of his ult/execution of it, but everything else seems alright. I find it interesting that he's one of the few casters with 4 damaging spells to use. Most other casters have some defensive/supportish kind of spell. Having 4 damaging spells, all of them fair range and applying a further damage debuff % health with some being pokes, might be a bit much.
This his passive is OP imo. I can dodge Flame Pillars but still get hit by conflagarate. Lame.

So I played 2 ranked games the other day. The first one I was Orianna and though my team was steamrolling I ended 3/4/8. The next one I played Morgana in an epic hour long match and went 10/1/16. I'm bad with OP champs.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
brand vs annie discussion. gogogo! Who is better?

I like annie's stun better because its instant and aoe. Plus its cool that any of her skills can stun. Brands passive is sweet and I feel like he is safer and can fight from a longer range than annie.

My vote goes to brand because I like his kit better and he looks cool.

Brand:1 Annie:0

P.S. I love when I play as brand and the person Im laning against is at like half health. They ask for a jungle gank and I ult them and it bounces between the two of them for massive damage. Free double killz.
I don't think anyone's gonna say annie is better bro.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Hey guys I just had a Nocturne game and I felt like I wasn't doing my ganks right. I feel that it is really bad to ult from max distance. Every time I did it they were always able to get to their tower before my fear went off.

Should I use the mentality of just cause I have such a far range doesn't mean I have to use it? Is it ok to say ult from the side bush in mid to a mid champion standing directly in the center of mid?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
First win of the day bonus maybe? Also the length if the game effects it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey guys I just had a Nocturne game and I felt like I wasn't doing my ganks right. I feel that it is really bad to ult from max distance. Every time I did it they were always able to get to their tower before my fear went off.

Should I use the mentality of just cause I have such a far range doesn't mean I have to use it? Is it ok to say ult from the side bush in mid to a mid champion standing directly in the center of mid?
I don't play noct, but I assume you should only use the long range if you need to jump in immediately, otherwise get as close as you can because once that ult goes off, people are gonna be backing up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hell, if you can walk up to them and Q/Fear without using your ult. By all means do so. You can ult later to finish them if you need to or to chase a flash.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Annie punishes people who are tightly clumped with a short AoE stun and some damage. Brand punishes people who are in the same state with BOUNCY ULTIMATE FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE + passive.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They need to release a brand skin with green fire.

Instant buy from me.

L__

Smash Master
decided to put my mind to winning today

I can safely say I learned a good deal of info

it makes me a little sad because I think the end of season 1 is tomorrow isn't it?

L__

Smash Master
link to info omg

edit:
RiotMarcou said:
Season One will conclude with our next scheduled downtime, so be sure to work on that ladder rank quickly!
isn't the next patch tomorrow?

Duff0

Smash Ace
patch confirmed for not this week.

i dont have proof because i dont feel like looking but i saw a red post

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
So those of you that have emailed Riot support in the past, how long does it usually take them to get back to you?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I saw that Rumble Singe Udyr game

You guys need to ward/pink ward dragon more, and Rumble should have fought Pirate up top imo.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Dan i'd like to watch your stream but sadly it still freezes for me
I saw that Rumble Singe Udyr game

You guys need to ward/pink ward dragon more, and Rumble should have fought Pirate up top imo.
that was our worst game and our only loss sadly :[

but thank you for the critique. i agree!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
We are super bad at finishing games we're winning though, as evidenced by this:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah I didn't see previous games. Just saw that a bit ago. But yeah, in 3's warding and counter warding is crucial. Even more so than 5's. Keeping Red warded will help you catch most ganks besides people like tryn who spin over the wall into the brush, and keep Dragon/top jungle on your mind. You can learn a lot from having Dragon warded, even if they just pass by it to go do buffs. Whether they bothered to ward Dragon themselves, whether they ward the bushes/where they specifically tend to ward, whether they are more likely to go up or around a buff/pass by dragon, etc. Just keep that in mind.

As for Dan specifically concerning Rumble, I wouldn't be so split on items. Scrap rushing Kage, even if you have a good start, and just get either:

1. Revolver

2. Work on Rylai's

3. Work on Death Cap

After finishing one of those, assess where you need to go. If you have another person who will like AP/Spell Vamp like Singed, have both of you get WoA. Double benefit for both of you, and smite will heal you. Basically, Singed/Rumble/lot of AP champs with 50% Spell Vamp can be quite annoying on 3's. I'd aim for that after 1 big item if you're going to do double. I'd also skip Revolver if you're having a bit of a slow start, and just aim for Rylai's/DC. You'll find that getting Revolver first gold wise will put you into a bigger hole than you want if you can't get on a roll.

no you're not bad.

your friend tomato cat is though. 74 minions at 73 minutes in is pathetic and he is the reason you barely won.

if that's how your games usually go then i would seriously consider getting someone different

Top Bottom