• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I have friends of very very widely varying skill levels, so it's nice being able to have a super tryhard 1900-2100 account, a semi-cereal 1500-1800 account, and an account with a funny name for playing when I've drank too much or wanna **** around at low elos for w/e reason.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Laned against a mid LeBlanc for the first time lastnight.

Didn't know wtf was going on.

Omni

BRoomer
Yeah, pretty much. I was Karthus.

I ended up not dying, but I had to teleport a billion times and hug my turret most of the time.

One time I got fed up and just threw my purple banner thingy, chased and defiled while spamming Q. She killed me, but I got her in the process.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
XSplit rocks. Best streaming software imo.

If you end up using it I'll help you with settings if you want. Took me forever to find what works.
I'll probably take you up on that. My setup is pretty good and I can only get the game to use 30 fps when streaming on the lowest settings.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
How do you guys convince your teammates at low ELO to stop doing what they're doing to help a lane out that's suffering (i.e. stop jungling for a bit to alleviate pressure)?

Every time I request it for myself or somebody else I always get "stop sucking at that lane" and no help comes and we end up losing to that superfed champ from that lane.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
pick a jungler and murder the opposing team 1v5 yourself.

I mean, what Omni said is right basically. It's no different than getting someone to do something anywhere else. There are ways to suggest things such that certain people will be more likely to listen, but it's not something that's easily taught and at the end of the day, they could still just be a stubborn ******* who won't listen to you.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

I mean, what Omni said is right basically. It's no different than getting someone to do something anywhere else. There are ways to suggest things such that certain people will be more likely to listen, but it's not something that's easily taught and at the end of the day, they could still just be a stubborn ******* who won't listen to you.
Sigh, Gold soloqueue is probably not going to happen at this rate then. Win three, lose two, win two, lose one. Bah.

Omni

BRoomer

speaking of that mogwai, which jungler do u think best fits that criteria?

ive only learned to Jungle Amumu but he's not amazing at ganking in regards to getting the kill (usually always gets the assist).

from what i've seen a ******** jungling nocturne can carry some crappy teams correctly

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Xin and WW.

Xin is better at like 1200-1400 or so because lanes snowball REALLY hard at these elos and he's way stronger pre-6 than WW, so he can correct a terrible lane on your end or snowball a strong lane on your end right from the get go and set the pace of the game instantly.

WW is better after around 1400 because people tend to be less incompetent at these levels and thus die less to your early ganks/not need your ganks to not completely fail miserably. So you can just do a fast 6 route and then completely **** the game with your ult ganks. His late game is also considerably stronger than Xin's.

jpak

Smash Lord
WCG Canada upper bracket semi finals
http://clgaming.net/replay/3041
My Canadian team vs chu8, Crs DontMashMe, Jatt, ChrispySC, CallMeVigoss.
You get to see Jungle Alistar, I think it should be fun to watch.

Unfortunately the other 2 games were losses due to _______________________________ :) but it won't happen again!

Btw my real team will be better so :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Gold is gold!! :D my elated attitude is impervious to trolling! i also like 3s way more than anyone should!

Turazrok

Smash Master
I am jelly.

Also every time I think pugs can't possibly be worse, I get proven wrong.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I am jelly.

Also every time I think pugs can't possibly be worse, I get proven wrong.
Since yesterday, I've gotten

Support GP (actually said support gp, not carry gp)
Karthus with exhaust
Glass cannon Karthus with heal
Support Ryze

You jelly? :troll:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Update everything if needed. Adobe Air, Flash, Java, the works.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think everything else is already done in that nature, DMG.
I've been looking through the problem with my game since it started happening, but it's tough when I know squat about managing my own software.

I can't test it now since I'm at school, but I'll try it tomorrow.
If the problem continues, then the only problems it could be are that my hardware is breaking up, or it's a potential bug in the Talon update (which wouldn't be too strange since I'm not the only one who's getting similar problems since that patch, if the LoL forums are to be trusted with their experiences).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
>lane against morgana
>lose in cs everytime

what do? If I try to aoe the waves down like her, my mana disappears and I'm less threatening. Likewise, I lose cs if I let creeps get to tower since ap last hits suck at low levels.

Duff0

Smash Ace
constantly auto attackthe creeps and tank the ranged until your next wave meets them. just try your best to keep enemy creeps away from tower aggro

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Who are you using, JTB?

Just try to use a light damage AoE spell on the creep waves and then hit whatever the tower is targeting with a last hit.

"PhantomX10 (12:54): hrm
***who is free this week
Tomato Cat (12:54): ezreal
***malphite
***katarina
***shaco
***shaco + ez are the only ones that interest me
***OH GOD IM FREE WEEK SHAYA"

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
The one time I laned against Morgana, I was Tristana. Kill my creeps? Fine. I'll farm with my higher autoattack exploding range. Keep farming my creeps? *JUMP* I'll farm you. ^.^

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaco is free week like once a year.
Enjoy it while it lasts SCRUBS.

yeah Morgana is harsh because she free farms so easily... just need to farm up stupidly well up until level 5 (her harass isn't that strong prior... although she can own you if she gets off a q + pool). if you're at like 90% of creeps last hit by the time you're 5ish that's a catalyst or 2-3 dorans which then allows you to also free farm mid (with most characters). Also to top it off... in competitive play you would be getting blue buff (usually) after you hit 6, so.. yeah.

Also I think I've mastered my AP Ezreal build.
Now standardised and perfect for bottom lane + support [going solo/mid has a slightly different build]:
- flat AP quints, scaling blues, armor pen red, mana regen (or w/e) yellows.
- 12/0/18 (armor pen + cdr from 15% penetration + cdr in utility [as much as you can])
- R > Q > W > E (E at 2)
> Doran's Blade is op (zomg but you're just building ad items why not go ad shaya...) x3 (standard sustained ranged carry stuff)
> Guinsoo's Rage Blade
Congratulations, assuming your opponent also went for 3 dorans into a BF sword upgrade you do more damage than them with 700 less gold than if they had a bloodthirster already
> Sheen = BANG 350-400 damage qs
> Death Cap (start getting 40% CDR now with blue + elixir... because you're about 400 AP and you're spamming faster than anything <- This is around the time the opposing enemy ranged carry with IE + Zeal etc will actually do more damage than you. You can still burst any squishie for their entire health with just q, w, e without your ult though.
> Lich Bane <-This is around the time that you out damage anyone and everything with a q, w, e, q, w, q, e rotation every 3-4 seconds.
> gg

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
>lane against morgana
>lose in cs everytime

what do? If I try to aoe the waves down like her, my mana disappears and I'm less threatening. Likewise, I lose cs if I let creeps get to tower since ap last hits suck at low levels.
Switch with ur ranged ad carry.

She beats all the mages i think.

Top Bottom