• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
no you're not bad.

your friend tomato cat is though. 74 minions at 73 minutes in is pathetic and he is the reason you barely won.

if that's how your games usually go then i would seriously consider getting someone different
Virg Edit: censor dodging

tom edit - it was a funny picture showing a funny looking kid saying "say that to my face ****** not online and see what happens"

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
lol

naw that was just the first game of the night and i did poorly. here are the other three wins

you cant see the cs but you can take my word that i did fine. they all lasted about 25-30 mins.

also im pretty sure iggy wasnt looking for your validation xD BUT he also didnt call us bad he said that we're bad at finishing games that we are winning. so if u could read ^^ its pretty true too. unless they straight up surrendered we had a hard time with the final nails in the coffin.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dan i'd like to watch your stream but sadly it still freezes for me
:[ Working on it.

So those of you that have emailed Riot support in the past, how long does it usually take them to get back to you?
2-3 days in my experience.

As for Dan specifically concerning Rumble, I wouldn't be so split on items. Scrap rushing Kage, even if you have a good start, and just get either:

1. Revolver

2. Work on Rylai's

3. Work on Death Cap

After finishing one of those, assess where you need to go. If you have another person who will like AP/Spell Vamp like Singed, have both of you get WoA. Double benefit for both of you, and smite will heal you. Basically, Singed/Rumble/lot of AP champs with 50% Spell Vamp can be quite annoying on 3's. I'd aim for that after 1 big item if you're going to do double. I'd also skip Revolver if you're having a bit of a slow start, and just aim for Rylai's/DC. You'll find that getting Revolver first gold wise will put you into a bigger hole than you want if you can't get on a roll.
Alright, I'll try that.

Figured I'd get a lucky pic cuz of how ****ing long our first game lasted cuz of how bad we were at finishing. I seriously don't understand TT tower pushing X_x.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
TT tower pushing you just push. Like find a tower you want to push, make sure nothing strong is at stake like Dragon, and go push it. If they send 3 people to defend, depending on your team you can say **** em and tower dive, you can let the wave reset back closer to the middle and then split push, you can move as 3 into the jungle and wait to ambush them. If they don't ward a lot, they can't cover the threat of pushing while you clear out the jungle while potentially clearing out the other lane as well. They will fall behind in farm unless they can do what you do, but better, or if you're doing something like farming bot jungle and they get top for free.

Typically, if you have clearly won a team fight, you use that time to push. If you're too weak to secure dragon/dragon isn't in the picture, you push. If it's super early game and death timers are low, you farm/clear jungle safely go back and come back with item advantage. If both teams are in a stalemate, you either gotta hope you ambush someone/get a good initiation on a fight, or hope you have the better comp for down the road.

You can also try push orientated comps. Some **** like Heimer blah and blah. Throw down turret to take additional aggro, use free time to get free pushes, when enemy team comes back off.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
At one point in the first game, we had both inhibs down and we couldn't get their base tower because they were stronger than us under their tower, even with a bunch of super minions.

Also, DMG, was the stream freezing for you? Or did you just glance at items and lane comps and such.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Getting back into this game is weird but kind of fun. Apparently my Akali sucks but my Jungle Karthus is still good.

But I just don't know what some characters are doing right now. I hear Nocturne is an amazing jungler, so I'll probably have to get him at some point.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Slush is always funny to listen to.
I wanna play this ****ing game again, god damn it!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I Found out my biggest problem yesterday

I don't know what I'm supposed to do after the first tower is gone.

Like I'll go mid annie/Orianna/Brand...win my lane and then ??? every option I ever choose seems wrong

option 1: keep pushing and get second tower
expectation: get tower
reality: get ganked

option 2: roam and get kills
expectations: 10+ mejais stacks by 18 minutes
reality: nobody ever gets ganked

so yeah...what am i supposed to be doing?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did you try updating your graphic card drivers? Cleaning your tower> (if it isn't a laptop).
How would I go about updating my graphic card drivers?
I'm TERRIBLE at this computer software/hardware stuff, so some help would definitely mean a ton.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Like I'll go mid annie/Orianna/Brand...win my lane and then ??? every option I ever choose seems wrong

someone will probably have a better solution, but heres a temporary one:

dont push the tower down. instead, get the kill on the enemy, get all the cs, and then go back and shop. continue to get kills, get cs, deny the enemy mid his cs, and extend this as long as possible. you'll continue to farm well while he will not, and a bit later that will make a big difference. they will also probably have to spend time trying to gank you, so if you see it coming, you are helping other lanes too as they arent getting ganked.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

Farm as much as you can without overextending too much, then go roam. Try to stay mia as much as you can while ganking so the person you laned against can't overextend.

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you basically have to be able to press objectives at that point. Group with your team and exert pressure on Dragon/Towers such that they bleed more global gold while their mid tries to catch up in the extended lane. I don't like taking towers too early because it gives more safe zone to farm, but if you take a fast tower, you need to punish your opponent by forcing mismatches while he farms back in.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Not sure if this was posted or not, but important for those trying to get gold / plat.

Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=13506935#post13506935
I'm glad im at 1521!...LOOOL (elo decay might catch me soon though)

dont push the tower down. instead, get the kill on the enemy, get all the cs, and then go back and shop. continue to get kills, get cs, deny the enemy mid his cs, and extend this as long as possible. you'll continue to farm well while he will not, and a bit later that will make a big difference. they will also probably have to spend time trying to gank you, so if you see it coming, you are helping other lanes too as they arent getting ganked.
Farm as much as you can without overextending too much, then go roam. Try to stay mia as much as you can while ganking so the person you laned against can't overextend.
So what I gathered from this is "Farm Champs and Minions and let the Minions GRADUALLY take the tower down so that way i don't take it down too fast"

however if i do take the tower down then I should be doing this

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

you basically have to be able to press objectives at that point. Group with your team and exert pressure on Dragon/Towers such that they bleed more global gold while their mid tries to catch up in the extended lane. I don't like taking towers too early because it gives more safe zone to farm, but if you take a fast tower, you need to punish your opponent by forcing mismatches while he farms back in.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Correct?

john!

Smash Hero
apparently dominion (and presumably season 2) starts on the 8th.

i also am 1521 so i think i'm safe :D

if you get your tower in mid lane, and push the lane a bit, it will take the opponent a bit of time to push the wave back to your tower. that means you can safely gank a side lane and usually get one of those towers too, or a kill if your enemies are low enough. you could do dragon too. you could counterjungle. you can do anything! lol

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
when I solo mid with orianna or karthus and take the mid tower I then:

1) focus on keeping blue (enemies blue)
2) farm like a mad man. never overextend mid unless you can see 4 champs occupied
3) provide turret defense for top or bot if necessary

but yea my main focus is to just keep farming safely until and opportunity to gank is created by our jungler

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
john! Reddit is wrong.

Here is a quote from Phreak "You're right; we dropped the ball by not saying that we weren't patching the week of Sept. 6. Sorry.

We're looking at early next week (3 week champion patch). Obviously these dates can change so don't say, "OK man I gotta get it by the 13th! 100%!" but yes."

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
That advice mid is actually quite useful.

I always rush taking down mid turret myself then end up dying a few times because I'm over extended.

Never thought to let them get back towards our turret while helping another lane.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hm, might try to get 250 elo by next week and secure plat.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Only ranked games. If you play only normals you'll still decay (this I experienced personally, though I didn't track the time so well).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nah, I use skype as an outlet for my solo queue anger :p

I've been doing well though, I got 1600 this weekend and I've just been going up since then. Sitting at 1670 after a couple days of playing

john!

Smash Hero
john! Reddit is wrong.

Here is a quote from Phreak "You're right; we dropped the ball by not saying that we weren't patching the week of Sept. 6. Sorry.

We're looking at early next week (3 week champion patch). Obviously these dates can change so don't say, "OK man I gotta get it by the 13th! 100%!" but yes."
my last ranked game was on the 25th. i should be fine.

i'd play more ranked but it's so unpredictable lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ranked games, and for the particular queue at hand

If I get to 1500 in 3's, and stop playing that for awhile to do Solo Queue, my 3's rating will still decay unless I go play a 3's game.

MacD

Banned via Administration
"Here's how Elo decay currently works:

- Elo is decayed after 3 weeks of inactivity
- For normal rating, inactivity is defined as no activity in any queue
- For ranked rating, inactivity is defined as no activity in the specific queue (arranged 5x5, arranged 3x3, and solo 5x5 are all tracked separately)
- Elo decays at a rate of 25 per week for both normal and ranked ratings
- Elo will not decay below a rating of 1400"

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=12775704#post12775704

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
What software and settings do you guys use to stream?
XSplit rocks. Best streaming software imo.

If you end up using it I'll help you with settings if you want. Took me forever to find what works.

Top Bottom