• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Wow, 1600 bracket is a joke compared to 1400s/1500s.

I might be able to hit 1800 before patch :o

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I can't stand this. I've literally gotten silver 8 times now, every single game i play once at silver I lose. Always get teams that make me rage at how bad they are. >.< 5-0-2 orianna 2/12/xin on our team wtffffff

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wow, 1600 bracket is a joke compared to 1400s/1500s.

I might be able to hit 1800 before patch :o
Its a joke, but its full of people who will immediately give up/troll you if you do something bad / they do something bad (its never their fault). Seriously. Really ****ing gay elo to play in, 1500 is just stupidly better.

82-60 -> 85-77 over the last few days.

The more I play this game the less I enjoy it.
Gotta take things in strides. You're playing to get better as a player, no? You need to focus on yourself in games and do as well as you can even if you're destined to lose.

You need to outfarm your laning opponent(s).
You need to not die.
You need to know when to engage.
If you're with a laning partner, tell them before things start "this is what I'll do to kill them" - remember when I went top with you as pantheon and you were singed and I told you down to the tee what to do and when? Worked out right?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Agree with Shaya. If you're too results-oriented you will never have fun with this game. It's a very easy trap to fall into.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Played a lot of games with Vanz today where people had no clue how to play objective based.
Singed decides to initiate the exact second baron wears off after sitting around all day.

In other news, for the double kill tournament I want to put together a team. So far interested people are Frolossus, myself, Vanz, and Zolga.

You can have 2 subs. Anyone in?

Link : http://doublekillamateuropen.webs.com/rulesandregulations.htm

I don't think zolga can do it because of school tho O_O

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Played a lot of games with Vanz today where people had no clue how to play objective based.
Singed decides to initiate the exact second baron wears off after sitting around all day.

In other news, for the double kill tournament I want to put together a team. So far interested people are Frolossus, myself, Vanz, and Zolga.

You can have 2 subs. Anyone in?

Link : http://doublekillamateuropen.webs.com/rulesandregulations.htm

I don't think zolga can do it because of school tho O_O
I'm signed up for this with my team already lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Depending on a few things (Atm we have tourney server accounts but they're all level 1 with nothing :()

Our tournament matches may be getting streamed if we end up playing on the tournament server.

Rad

Smash Ace
82-60 -> 87 - 82

I might just need to accept that as fun as he is, I am ****ing terrible with Alistar and the last 20 games I played with him were a waste of time. I might have won twice! Anyone else have champions that they just can't do anything right with? :bee:

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Turaz, I can do it. The latest games seem like they would start is 8PM. That isn't problem Friday through Sunday.

We need to decide our roles and start playing games in them now though. I'm assuming Fro is doing AP carry, though I can always play Ori if we need it.

EDIT: Lol wait it's PST. Hmmm, I can't do it on Sundays then.

sheikamaru

jive
82-60 -> 87 - 82

I might just need to accept that as fun as he is, I am ****ing terrible with Alistar and the last 20 games I played with him were a waste of time. I might have won twice! Anyone else have champions that they just can't do anything right with? :bee:
Ranked or normal?

MacD

Banned via Administration
pick me to be on the team cause we all know i'll poop on people with irelia... cept apparently lee sin

i need to learn more top lane characters

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So Atmas/Mallet Vayne is really strong...people are making fun of me for it but...what's bad? Atmas is cheap, cost efficient and scales well.

john!

Smash Hero

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
82-60 -> 87 - 82

What are you having trouble with? I like to think I'm pretty good with alistar so I could give you some pointers.

jpak

Smash Lord
ok ill advertise here
i need a solo top player, play more than three champs :)
youll be playing with shaosters(2k), bamf121(2k), onionbagel(1900), and myself(1500^^)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Zolga, its the part where you've spent 2.5k+ gold on not the highest possible "damage" scaling as you can possibly do. You're going to be out damaged by other carries hard and if you don't need carries for damage than why not just run some tanky deepz?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I had a game last night where I was bot lane as Brand with my friend who was playing Olaf.

I had 6 kills and 1 assist in 8 mins laning against Nasus and Fortune.

The most shocking thing is they were both Level 30 with a considerable amount more wins than I have.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Zolga, its the part where you've spent 2.5k+ gold on not the highest possible "damage" scaling as you can possibly do. You're going to be out damaged by other carries hard and if you don't need carries for damage than why not just run some tanky deepz?
But Atmas/Mallet gives me survivability/utility. I mean I understand why ALL DEEPS builds with Cleaver/Bloodthrister/Dancer are needed but is it wrong to build a character in a different way that is still preforming it's role?

My tanky DPS Vayne build

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes Zolga, the two items give you tanky and utility...

You're still not building anything that gives you carry-ish ability until after the atmas while already having a bit of health...

So you're relying on either being that far ahead in cash that you don't need to build damage early... or... you'll be building that frozen mallet and get one at around the same time theoretically as the guy getting a bloodthirster - but they'll be coming into their lane with a BF sword dealing a ton of extra damage (hence better farming / more help in team fights / etc) while you'll have a... phage... maybe with a critical cloak... or a giant's belt

Turazrok

Smash Master
Turaz, I can do it. The latest games seem like they would start is 8PM. That isn't problem Friday through Sunday.

We need to decide our roles and start playing games in them now though. I'm assuming Fro is doing AP carry, though I can always play Ori if we need it.

EDIT: Lol wait it's PST. Hmmm, I can't do it on Sundays then.
OK.

pick me to be on the team cause we all know i'll poop on people with irelia... cept apparently lee sin

i need to learn more top lane characters
IDK how that would fit in with the previous players, we could always put you cait bot tho.

if you're still looking for people, i can probably do this
Cool what do you play generally?

For anyone else interested : I play support, frolossus generally plays ap solos and jungles, as does Vanz and zolga ( ap carries), but zolga also plays ad carries.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Yes Zolga, the two items give you tanky and utility...

You're still not building anything that gives you carry-ish ability until after the atmas while already having a bit of health...

So you're relying on either being that far ahead in cash that you don't need to build damage early... or... you'll be building that frozen mallet and get one at around the same time theoretically as the guy getting a bloodthirster - but they'll be coming into their lane with a BF sword dealing a ton of extra damage (hence better farming / more help in team fights / etc) while you'll have a... phage... maybe with a critical cloak... or a giant's belt
This is true. However unless they have another Vayne, they don't have a large Ad steroid and True damage procs every 3 attacks. I'm just saying that this build works for Vayne based on who she is. If it were say, Ashe or Caitlyn, then no I wouldn't build this way.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wow.

Was literally in a game where we were 14 - 39. Ashe was 1/15. I was jungle Amumu. We were getting ***** and our team just kept feeding.

Then our 4/9 MF was like, "k lets win this" and we ace them twice in a row pushing their mid turret immediately after each one and won 50 min into the game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Any information regarding the issue I'm having with LoL?
It's still giving me the same problem with the crashing and whatnot.

I still have no idea what's going on, and it's frustrating. I have sooo many leaves now in my history because of my crashes.

Top Bottom