• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I don't know, but I saw Azen go against Elementz and CleverAdvisor on Hotshot's stream last night and Azen's team just wrecked them. Was very fun to watch :bee:
Was that the game where Azen was playing Shen? If so, I caught the end of it. Didn't get to see much besides the stream's gangplank run around and not do much, hehe.

Cia

das kwl
I decided to do some 3's the other day and I was surprise at how many ryze players there were. At least 1 every game. Any reason in particular?

Btw, I REALLY like teemo and sivir for 3's. But thinking of using Akali or Kennen. Is there like a seperate tier list for each map, or is it generally the same?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I decided to do some 3's the other day and I was surprise at how many ryze players there were. At least 1 every game. Any reason in particular?

Btw, I REALLY like teemo and sivir for 3's. But thinking of using Akali or Kennen. Is there like a seperate tier list for each map, or is it generally the same?
the tier list for TT is very different from SR
for instance mundo is god tier on TT

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Riot is going to hotfix nerf LeBlanc: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=324537

First champion they have done this to since Udyr apparently. I'm actually pretty pleased they are doing this quickly, rather than making us wait 2 weeks for it like they did with Xin Zhao. Remember all the red posts going "You just need CC to shut him down guys, relax." or "We may need to tone down his ult a little bit, but not that much..." Maybe they are growing a little bit and learning to admit their mistakes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, you DO play Pantheon. Not many people more annoying to lane against than him lol.

The 1 thing I find annoying about her is giving her the REALLY flexible option of "resetting" the dash back to the original spot. That alone prevents her from taking most harassment back. When she can use her Dash to Towerdive, then reset it to avoid the tower hit AND your attack/spell AND even minion aggro... Well frankly that's a bit dumb. Maybe her mana costs are too low/hefty damage output, but that Dash is pretty darn good. Unless you replaced a character's main spell with that, you could probably greatly improve any champ in the game by giving them the same ability to dash and reset.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I don't play pantheon anymore, but yes, Kennen does seem to be fine vs. her in lane and WW seems fine at ganking her :p. I actually think she'd be troublesome vs. Pantheon in lane because her attack animation is so fast that it's difficult to punish and her Q outranges Pantheon's Q.

Xin hit hard when he was released, but was still a Melee DPS in a poking metagame so he still mostly just got kited to death by good teams.

*shrugs* this community (the LoL community that is) is just really whiny sometimes.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I kinda want to run a tele-tank team actually. Multiple fortify so they can't push our towers and multiple teleports so we can drop in on their towers and burn them down quickly. Me likey.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Forget hotfixing the damage.

They need to fix her cooldowns or the duration on her snare/silence. At the moment, she's got a 10 second chain silence/snare combo with about 35% CDR that I've been abusing the hell out of.

Also, blink to close distance->Q->teleport back is HILARIOUS in the laning phase.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So I had a fun idea for a 5 man team awhile back and I figured I'd share it because you guys would probably get a kick out of it. The idea is to have 3 solo lanes + 1 jungle, and the important combo is TF + Gangplank.

The idea is simple. 3 strong solo lane champions (something like Pantheon + TF + someone good 1v2) and a good jungler (Shen would work well in combination here even though he isn't the fastest in the jungle). GP sits in base denies creeps for every lane.

GP would run teleport/smite and would help get early dragons for the team by teleporting to a ward in front of dragon and double smiting it with your jungler. GP would stack gold per 5 items and every time a lane is open, he'll teleport to get gold/xp so he can get levels for his ultimate. GP will probably want to max out his CDR as fast as possible to allow for more denies + more ultimates.

The crux here is that TF's passive gives GP extra gold every time he denies a creep, making it possible for GP to actually get money while doing this. The team revolves around sexy global combos, jungle control (GP can also help smite buffs early on to help the jungler move faster), dragon control, and basically being a much higher level than the other team. You could even have the solo lanes run XP quints and have one of them be Zilean, just to make the XP gain THAT much more significant.

Seems like it would not only be possible, but could even end up being quite powerful as long as your opponents don't ban TF/GP.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Since I finally saved up for Gragas and bought him ( the week he was free. . .) I am experimenting with an AP Tank build for him, but I'm having troubles choosing some of the items to start him off with. I'm going Tear of the Goddess, boots of swiftness, and get Rod of Ages as soon as possible. What other items would you guys recommend for an AP build. I usually use Veigar but I don't think the majority of his items would work well with Gragas. I' rather lost right now, on another note I usually go Teleport and Flash for my abilities.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
So I had a fun idea for a 5 man team awhile back and I figured I'd share it because you guys would probably get a kick out of it. The idea is to have 3 solo lanes + 1 jungle, and the important combo is TF + Gangplank.

The idea is simple. 3 strong solo lane champions (something like Pantheon + TF + someone good 1v2) and a good jungler (Shen would work well in combination here even though he isn't the fastest in the jungle). GP sits in base denies creeps for every lane.

GP would run teleport/smite and would help get early dragons for the team by teleporting to a ward in front of dragon and double smiting it with your jungler. GP would stack gold per 5 items and every time a lane is open, he'll teleport to get gold/xp so he can get levels for his ultimate. GP will probably want to max out his CDR as fast as possible to allow for more denies + more ultimates.

The crux here is that TF's passive gives GP extra gold every time he denies a creep, making it possible for GP to actually get money while doing this. The team revolves around sexy global combos, jungle control (GP can also help smite buffs early on to help the jungler move faster), dragon control, and basically being a much higher level than the other team. You could even have the solo lanes run XP quints and have one of them be Zilean, just to make the XP gain THAT much more significant.

Seems like it would not only be possible, but could even end up being quite powerful as long as your opponents don't ban TF/GP.
won't GP fall too far behind on just levels? I've thought about stuff like this, but I think you need GP to actually bounce from lane to lane to leech some Exp or else he won't be able to catch up from the early deficit. Max CDR you can accomplish at level 1 is just under 21% (runes are just under 15% from all flat CDR and 6% from masteries). The earliest you can get that up is with a really fast Kindlegem, but that of course is just a sucky item in addition to slowing the gold/5 items you'll need to actually find a way back into the game later. *shrugs* I dunno, I'm willing to try it out, I'm just affraid the whole team with be level 11 and Gp will have just hit level 3 from grabbing a dragon.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Since I finally saved up for Gragas and bought him ( the week he was free. . .) I am experimenting with an AP Tank build for him, but I'm having troubles choosing some of the items to start him off with. I'm going Tear of the Goddess, boots of swiftness, and get Rod of Ages as soon as possible. What other items would you guys recommend for an AP build. I usually use Veigar but I don't think the majority of his items would work well with Gragas. I' rather lost right now, on another note I usually go Teleport and Flash for my abilities.
I've actually been having quite a bit of success recently with an AP tank Gragas build. The idea is to transition from AP to tank as the game goes on, since AP characters (especially AP Gragas) drastically lose effectiveness later in the game.

First off, always get a solo. Try to grab mid because Gragas DESTROYS squishies, especially carries, and they always tend to go mid. Start with doran's ring. Rush pen boots, then get Mejais, Abyssal Scepter, Glacial shroud, then either finish the Frozen Heart or make Rylais (depending on if you need HP or armor more). You may also fit in a Spirit Visage somewhere since it works extremely well on Gragas (I tend to grab it instead of early Mejais if their team is heavy on magic).

Grag doesn't need Teleport because he has a strong lane presence and very rarely should have to go back as long as he manages his mana well. Speaking of managing mana, thats the most difficult part of AP Gragas by far. Spending money on mana (like a tear for instance) slows Grag down far too much and hurts him pretty significantly. Instead of buying mana, try to farm blue buff as much as possible. With level 1 drink, your AD is higher than your jungler's even, so you can do blue as soon as they don't need it anymore (usually after the first 2). Always, always, always get blue with AP Gragas. Extremely vital for him. The only time I spend money on mana earlier than Glacial Shroud is if they have a tanky/healing team (meaning you have to harrass far more than normally) and/or they are controlling our blue buff.

I could go more in depth, but this is just a fairly new build I've been doing recently, and there are still more tweaks I want to do to it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
won't GP fall too far behind on just levels? I've thought about stuff like this, but I think you need GP to actually bounce from lane to lane to leech some Exp or else he won't be able to catch up from the early deficit. Max CDR you can accomplish at level 1 is just under 21% (runes are just under 15% from all flat CDR and 6% from masteries). The earliest you can get that up is with a really fast Kindlegem, but that of course is just a sucky item in addition to slowing the gold/5 items you'll need to actually find a way back into the game later. *shrugs* I dunno, I'm willing to try it out, I'm just affraid the whole team with be level 11 and Gp will have just hit level 3 from grabbing a dragon.
Ah but you forget, with champs like TF and Pantheon, GP will be able to ulti (to help the gank) then TP to the lane they just abandoned. Also, GP can run to the jungle to use his smite every time its up for more gold and XP. Plus, with strong globals like TF/Shen, you should be knocking down a tower with every successful gank.

Besides, GP wouldn't participate in teamfights. His level doesn't really matter outside of getting his ultimate. Its possible he could participate in teamfights as an aura ***** later on, but the idea is that you guys gank/push so hard with your absurd level advantage that it will never really be an issue that its a 4.5v5 game (solos could/should easily be at least 2 levels higher than their lane opponent early game if they are running XP mastery/quints + zilean on the team + denies).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't play pantheon anymore, but yes, Kennen does seem to be fine vs. her in lane and WW seems fine at ganking her :p. I actually think she'd be troublesome vs. Pantheon in lane because her attack animation is so fast that it's difficult to punish and her Q outranges Pantheon's Q.

Xin hit hard when he was released, but was still a Melee DPS in a poking metagame so he still mostly just got kited to death by good teams.

*shrugs* this community (the LoL community that is) is just really whiny sometimes.
Xin had the generic issues any Melee DPS had. The very nature of being Melee DPS could attempt to balance him out unless he was super SUPER OP like a steriod version of Old Jax. There are plenty of checks and balances Xin would have to steam roll over before looking OP. For Le Blanc, there are fewer in game mechanics she would have to deal with.

She's fine late game. Late game Im much more scared of Veigar or Anivia or Annie or Kass. EARLY game though bar none easily threatens 90% of the cast to the point where they wanna crap their pants. Having really strong early game burst is fine, but it needs to be offset by a weakness: low range, bad character mobility, high mana costs, high CD's, something.

When your mana costs are lower than old Galio, and you are guaranteed 1.5x or higher damage, with a free blink in AND out... People are gonna notice lol. All I can say is thank GOD her damage is single target. They've been whiny, but this may be one of the few times they have a good reason to be.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Complaints about her are legit. So what is she tails off a bit late game in terms of damage... it doesn't matter because she keeps one or two of her opponents from farming for the first 20 minutes of the game. And even if her burst isn't as good late game, she can chain silence/snare you for 10 seconds. She just shuts down carries so hard its not even close to fair. Oh, but her burst is still pretty stinkin good late game.

I'm not saying she's a free win, but she is definitely the most OP-feeling champ since Win Zhao.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean Im not gonna lie: her abilities fit the "label" of a deceiver really well. Riot delivered when they said they were giving you a deceiving caster. They just were a bit too creative AND generous. Im glad they didn't make another generic champ, but man they overdid themselves a bit.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
this is the generic build:

longsword -> madred's razor -> boots 1 -> recurve bow -> BR + Merc Treads (in whatever order makes sense) -> GA + Veil (in whatever order makes sense) -> phage -> Frozen Mallet -> Omen or FoN (depending on opposing team damage output

I audible around a bunch depending on the opposing team comp, but if you're looking for a flexible and generically powerful build for all games, that's pretty much what you're looking for.

AshuRawRun

Smash Apprentice

Was a joke with a friend at first but in the end it was ****:
3950 HP ~400 Damages, 40% critical rate and 2,2 attack speed with spells...
(All with 0 elixir so it could have been even better)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Garbage fixes. They just neutered her. Now she's just going to be mediocre at best. Its too bad they're overnerfing her. She was really fun to play (only played her once in ranked :X).

Her whole kit is really interesting to me other than that completely garbage and out of place passive. Hell, the clone doesn't even have any items in the inventory. Way too easy to figure out which one is real. Besides, she's so squishy (and even squishier now) so all you have to do is kill both which will only take a split second extra.

In other news, I hate using Gragas at this ELO. Going 8/0 in 20 minutes but still not being able to carry my team to victory is sad times. If I lose the game in the end, its even more ridiculously sad times. I know I can just farm my ELO higher by tryharding with Grag, but frankly I'd rather use characters that make this ELO a bit more fun for me.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Disagree.

Reducing the range and damage on her Sigil means she can't keep squishies out of lane for free. She could freely harass before with no chance the enemy caster harassing back. This isn't a neuter. It's bringing her in line with the rest of the cast.

40 sec instead of 30 sec cooldown on her Mimic means she's less powerful in laning phase as well. That extra 10 sec doesn't make much of a difference for teamfighting, but it does reduce her harassing in lane, which gives the enemy champ a chance to farm a bit. The damage differences means she won't be so easily solo'ing Vlad anymore, but its not enough to make a huge difference in team fights either.

Basically, if you look at the mana changes too, it means all around, they are toning down her laning presence but leaving her the same for mid-late game fighting. She will still be nasty to fight 1v1, but now she can't sit in a lane all day, harass for free, get a huge level advantage and burst down any squishy that dares try to farm in her presence. She will still have good burst, but if she spends the whole time harassing now, she'll have to go recall or buy some mana regen items, which helps level out her huge advantages.

I think the changes are legit. Her playing style isn't being neutered. Her completely overpowered laning presence is getting aligned with the rest of the cast so she doesn't ruin the first 20 minutes of every game she is in.

edit: I think any spell with over... say... 600 range should be a skillshot. Point & click abilities with range above that are just plain absurd. There is no reason for you to be able to spam high damage casts from behind your caster minions with no chance to miss and almost no consideration for positioning. It seriously degrades the quality of combat.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, she got neutered. The laning phase was the only thing bringing her past it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Exactly what DanGR said.

By the way, the very easy counter to LB's harass (even pre-hotfix) is to keep hitting her, ESPECIALLY at level 1. Level 1 all she can do is toss that weak *** Q on you with no way of proccing the second hit. Walk up to her and hit her. Keep hitting her. And all of a sudden LB is at 1/4th hp while the only damage you've really taken is from minions.

LB wasn't OP, she was just an above average champion on release that people needed time to learn how to play against. Now she's just garbage. If she had balls, this hotfix would have ripped them off.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Time for a bit of a rant, I realize it's not entirely appropriate here but immature people just frustrate the hell out of me:

I was banned from TL (again) because the mods are your typical childish-immature types. Instead of realizing there's a source to a problem, they simply remove what they see as the problem.

In the end I really don't care, the TL community contains far too many baddies for me to really care and I don't need to be able to post to read comments from the legit players.

It's just, is it really so hard to explain to people that I don't want to waste my time with garbage? Let alone my desire to be left in peace (which is my natural human right).

TL mods just love to let people be harassed apparently. Also, people who commit logical fallacies really piss me off. It's not the message I say, but the way I say it that gets me banned. Such children, sigh.

Anyways, I have a few questions:
-Any news on Magma Chamber?
-What are the "bad" heroes for SR looking like? I'm starting to feel that my hero match-up experiences are rather limited because I keep seeing people say Lux is bad and other random stuff I disagree with.
-I get the feeling that that the "overpowered" heroes (The heroes that are simply better than others: Kennen, pre-nerf Leblanc, MF a few patches ago, etc) aren't really called overpowered by "good" players. Yet my experience from DotA and HoN confuses me, aren't there heroes in the game right now that you would simply want on your team or banned? Which heroes are these right now if there are?

Also, Sivir theorycrafting.
Before the recent buff (AD scaling on BB), I played Sivir like so:
DBlade
Wriggles
Treads
BT/'Mogs
'Mogs/BT/LW
LW/'Mogs

The order of 'Mogs/BT/LW depending on how the game was going. I skilled E > W > R > Q because I didn't find Q's damage to be all that good/useful and because Sivir simply doesn't have the mana for it.

Just before the recent buff to BB I started fiddling with maxing Q asap and seeing how that worked. Having a better grasp of Sivir's mechanics and mana pool I found jit to be pretty good. Since the buff, maxing Q first is a must in my opinion, the damage during the mid-game is simply too good compared to leveling Ricochet early. However I find myself mana-starved in situations where I don't want to be mana-starved. Pubbies leave blue free for me, but in better games with my friends or IH's I'm wondering what I can do. I've been thinking of fitting a Chalice into my build, but I really don't know if that's necessary.

I've been testing flat mana Glyphs (+101 mana) on Fiddle and have noticed that they're very effective for ensuring that a caster has the ability to cast spells for a teamfight. I'm going to test running my flat mana glyphs over my MRes/lvl Glyphs I currently run to see, but I'm wondering how other people build Sivir and/or accomodate for her mana needs. I have MP5/L Seals and have been considering supplementing them with MP5/L glyphs as well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Exactly what DanGR said.

By the way, the very easy counter to LB's harass (even pre-hotfix) is to keep hitting her, ESPECIALLY at level 1. Level 1 all she can do is toss that weak *** Q on you with no way of proccing the second hit. Walk up to her and hit her. Keep hitting her. And all of a sudden LB is at 1/4th hp while the only damage you've really taken is from minions.

LB wasn't OP, she was just an above average champion on release that people needed time to learn how to play against. Now she's just garbage. If she had balls, this hotfix would have ripped them off.
Well, it's kinda hard to walk up and hit someone who's got a target 750 range spell without getting hit in return. I mean that's like saying Just walk up to Heimerdinger at lower levels and hit him because all he can do is pelt you with weak rockets.

I do agree the fix was pretty poor though. The only thing questionable was her early game damage and flexibility to avoid harassment. I would have liked to see then slightly nerf her early game, but in exchange give her better AP ratios. Instead, well they just nerfed every stage of the game for her.

Vyke

Smash Champion
People will overreact anyway you look at it. It's only the people with red names that have any idea of what they're talking about, imo.

I take what anyone says that doesn't have an actual hand in working with the game with a grain of salt.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Never laned against her with Gragas. I'm mostly talking from the perspective of laning WITH her.

In other news, I just ***** the living hell out of Nicosharp's MF with my GP 1v1 in lane. Who the hell starts with boots on MF?

Guinsoo's talk of remaking GP in the future makes me sad. He just needs tweaks, not a full do-over. But I hear when they start remaking a character they talk to well-known players that use them. Since I streamed for like 2 weeks, my name has somehow become synonymous with GP :X

Top Bottom