• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No it's not about Drunken Rage. It involves Barrel Roll.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Let me guess; barrel through the wall and it draws aggro without actually drawing aggro? So he just eats damage without healing, and you just have to spam barrels until he's down?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Not entirely, Wobbles, but close enough. Keep this stuff on the down low though. I don't think its OP by any means (it would take YEARS to do baron lol) but I know riot would probably fix it as soon as they could :X

In other news, I have a pharmacology exam on Tuesday. I've discovered there are a LOT of drugs.

*sigh*

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
so i can't log into the site to go to the mac testing forum for a download because it says i need a summoner. can anyone help me with this i am brand new to the game
thanks
I have no idea what you mean by "summoner." Do you mean an account? If so, why can't you make an account? And if you haven't tried it yet, you probably need to make an account before you can access the Mac testing subforum, just like you need one for access to the test realm.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Make an account on their webpage. Just click on the "Play for Free" button and follow the instructions. Once you've made an account, go back to the forums and you can download the Mac client.

To prove the guy wrong who said we never talk about the game we suck and only talk about when our teammates are bad:

@DMG, MY BAD! I was playing on like 4 hours of sleep over the last 48 hours and literally nothing I did was right in that game early this morning. I missed almost every exploding cask and misjudged just about every bodyslam. It was like my fingers and my brain just couldn't line up. I had a really rough night. I promise to suck less next time. Haha.

_kSo_

Smash Master
yeah, doing badly is not really something most people want to talk about on the forums with their buddies...I think they would rather talk about dumb people who are (according to matchmaking) on the same level as they are and laugh about with a group of friends...

Honestly, who is ever in the mood to come on the forums after playing badly causing a loss for your team and talk about it? Much less, who wants to read an emo-*** post that is something along the lines of "man, I suck...I just played a bad game and lost it for my team...::sadface::..."

Also, because mogwai plays perfectly and makes no mistakes, it is ALWAYS the teammates' fault. :-D

On a different note, I need to pay better attention when I'm playing twitch...he's quite hard to use in soloQ

@M3D - I LOVE your status + location + avatar...truly epic

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
:p

I actually lost a game for my team last night by trying to cover bot after they got double killed for first blood when I was at wolves with WW. :urg: they could've recovered fine and the tower wouldn't have gotten too badly hurt, it was much more important for me to stay on top of my jungle path, but instead I ruined my jungling and gave early buff control to the opposing team :(.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You know, I really want to play a 5-man teleporting game where we use wards to jump around the map like *******s. Like warding Baron, threatening a big push at bottom, then teleporting up to Baron and doing it before the other team can get there.

Or drop a ward in the bush by the 2nd tower (bot lane if we're blue, top if we're purple) and then pushing the other lane, forcing the other team to come stop us, and then have everybody teleport and take the tower. You also get 5 man tele-ganks by leaving wards in lanes so nobody has time to call MIA and you can just go without warning.

Next time we get 5 people in swf we should do this, it's lots of fun :)

What I like about doing this is it lets you push HARD when you've got teleport up, because you can teleport out of ganks, teleport in to counter-gank, and if you have to leave your lane, provided you have it pushed you can leave it without fear of losing a tower. If you've got the other guys pushed up to their tower then warp to another, you'll have time to 5 man zerg the one you warp to and be back in time to save your own. Also, instant 5 man jungler ganks? Too good IMO. And if you've never chased somebody by teleporting to a ward in their jungle BEHIND them, then you just aren't playing this game right.

Maybe gimmicky but it's **** fun.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I've wanted to do that too. Have a few pushers on your team with TP (and maybe Shen/TF/Pantheon as well).

But putting a ward in the bush near a tower, having top come down immediately and gank, push the tower, then have whoever was originally in that lane use their TP to go to the gankers lane and defend any counterpush if they have one. Would be fun.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Had DMG and a couple other of premades with me do a fun opening...4 of us take teleport. One person immediately teleports bot, rushes through their jungle to the bush in between the first and second tower, drops a ward there. Other 3 of us teleport to the ward, and when kennen and his partner come by on their way to their tower, we focus them down and kill both of them in a blink, before minions even spawn. Hilarious.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I actually have a working strat for taking a tower well before minions spawn :p.

I believe all that's required is WW, Ezreal, 5 teleports and 3 rallies, but the set up we had used was WW, Ezreal, Nidalee, Janna, and Nunu. It actually sets up very nicely for a roaming pushing team too :p.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
For a TP strategy to work I think you would need a lane control character like sivir or Janna to keep your tower alive when the rest of your team teleports.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
You know, I really want to play a 5-man teleporting game where we use wards to jump around the map like *******s. Like warding Baron, threatening a big push at bottom, then teleporting up to Baron and doing it before the other team can get there.

Or drop a ward in the bush by the 2nd tower (bot lane if we're blue, top if we're purple) and then pushing the other lane, forcing the other team to come stop us, and then have everybody teleport and take the tower. You also get 5 man tele-ganks by leaving wards in lanes so nobody has time to call MIA and you can just go without warning.

Next time we get 5 people in swf we should do this, it's lots of fun :)

What I like about doing this is it lets you push HARD when you've got teleport up, because you can teleport out of ganks, teleport in to counter-gank, and if you have to leave your lane, provided you have it pushed you can leave it without fear of losing a tower. If you've got the other guys pushed up to their tower then warp to another, you'll have time to 5 man zerg the one you warp to and be back in time to save your own. Also, instant 5 man jungler ganks? Too good IMO. And if you've never chased somebody by teleporting to a ward in their jungle BEHIND them, then you just aren't playing this game right.

Maybe gimmicky but it's **** fun.
I want to try this.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Man, I'm so bored of playing the same characters over and over. So I've been experimenting with some other champs and geez, I SUCK so hard with some of these other champs. I want to keep learning, but people rage so hard when you suck.

Sorry @KOKingpin for the lousy TankPlank. Rofl. I'm sure your friends were annoyed. Next time we play I won't suck so hard. I'll play someone I know how to use properly.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think my brain may be trying to escape my head. So... many.... drugs... I figured I'd write out all the drugs we have to know while I was going through the lectures. I gave up after I wrote 5 pages of drugs and wasn't halfway through the material :(

Quite possibly the worst part of studying for med school is that I try to play LoL as a break. I wish it were the kind of game you could play once and leave satisfied no matter what the outcome was instead of leaving me more frustrated than I was before I played.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YES MY LORD

Hmm, I need more Capes

My lord, isn't 1 enough?

*Garen Turns and Stares*

priceless lol. Along with the Mundo and Lux ones

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Quite possibly the worst part of studying for med school is that I try to play LoL as a break. I wish it were the kind of game you could play once and leave satisfied no matter what the outcome was instead of leaving me more frustrated than I was before I played.
Got any examples of games like this? Especially competitive ones?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Just had a Garen on my team with Swordgard, gareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

He doesn't give a ****, srsly.

I couldn't help but laugh the whole time playing, he had 2 sunfire capes, i told him to get a third, then he stopped dying or even taking damage almost completely, what a ridiculous character.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
So a friend of mine is telling me that Guinsoo's Rageblade is a better first item for Kog'Maw than Madred's Bloodrazor.

His arguments for this are:

1) Guinsoo's costs less at 2235 as opposed to Bloodrazor at 3800.

2) Guinsoo's gives you better or comparable stats.

Here's a rundown of what each does:

Guinsoo's Rageblade
+35 Attack Damage
+45 Ability Power

On attack, increases your Attack Speed by 4% and Ability Power by 6. Lasts 5 seconds (stacks up to 8 times). (Total of 32% attack speed and 93 AP at full stacks)

Madred's Bloodrazor

+30 Attack Damage
+40% Attack Speed
+25 Armor
On hit, deals Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.

3) The AP boost gives him an extra 1% of the enemy's maximum health as magic damage with Bio-Arcane Barrage at +50AP.

Bio-Arcane Barrage
Kog'Maw's attacks gain 130/160/190/220/250 range and deal an additional 2/3/4/5/6% (+0.01)% of the target's maximum Health as Magic Damage (Max: 100 Damage vs Monsters). Lasts 6 seconds.

According to him, at +50AP the additional damage is (0.01)(50)=0.5% which rounds up to 1% in-game. I was told by somebody else in the swf chatroom that this is wrong, that the game's display shows 1%, but that the actual mechanics of the game don't round up that value.

4) The process of building stacks is negligible since with RWQ you're at 4 stacks already.

Personally, I think he's full of ****. I don't want anything to do with AP on Kog'Maw since his AP ratios are mediocre, and I don't want to spend the first few seconds of a fight rushing to build stacks.

I would really rather buy a Recurve Bow first for 1050 than wait until 2235 to get attack speed that relies on building stacks. Blasting Wand and Pickaxe are not items I want to buy when I could be buying Recurve Bow and Madred's Razors.

I also think Guinsoo's is pretty bad for late-game, while Madred's stays relevant all game with it's percentage-based damage.

Can someone give me a definitive answer on this debate? It's annoying the hell out of me since I've been accused of "ignoring facts".

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would skip Rageblade and just go Madreds. You gotta factor in what MR can do for you with the proc, and how valuable the extra % based damage from MB is.

Rageblade, for that kind of gold, would give you better stats than MR and a recurve bow. That doesn't make it the overall better choice though when you look at the big picture. Like at the time of having 2k ish gold, sure Rageblade overall would give better stats. But that is neglecting to think more long term. In the long run, MB is definitely without a doubt gonna be better than rageblade on Kog.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Kog's AP ratio's' aren't mediocre in the slightest. AP kog is fully viable, and is still a strong carry. AP kog simply requires that your team has strong initiators (Kass, Xin) whereas AD Kog is easier to play and doesn't really care about team comp.

Also, GRB is terribad on Kog.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Kog's AP ratio's' aren't mediocre in the slightest. AP kog is fully viable, and is still a strong carry. AP kog simply requires that your team has strong initiators (Kass, Xin) whereas AD Kog is easier to play and doesn't really care about team comp.

Also, GRB is terribad on Kog.
AD kog needs a good tank and initiator, too...koggles is too squishy to "not care" about the team comp

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
GRB is awful on Kog. You're basically paying 1.5K less for 1% instead of 4% and slightly stronger abilities that aren't even that useful if you're building Auto-attack Kog like a sane person. I mean, yea, sure, I guess you could play AP Kog, but while it is more fun, it totally sucks in comparison and in an AP build, Rylai's is about 60 times more important than anything else so the point is moot since you need to go something like tear -> Ryali's -> cluster**** of AA, RoA and Z-Ring.

"Just one" rules out smash.

Starcraft.
except that you can totally get cheesed the **** out of a starcraft game or lose a really tight game to a maxed Terran ball and feel horribly dissatisfied. A competitive game that leaves you satisfied regardless of the outcome doesn't exist IMOIMOIMO.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Let's talk Warwick...

People tell me to get my Madred's Bloodrazor and then build tanky, but when I do that I feel like I'm not scary in team fights at all. Teams KNOW to build magic resist, so I'm not doing that much damage per hit with the MBR anyways. So I can stay up for a while, but I'm not netting that many kills or really putting someone in danger when I jump them. Really the best thing I feel like I've got with him is my ult to DISABLE someone important in a team fight. Hop on the Sona before she can ulti or hop on the Kassadin before he runs away. That sort of thing.

So where am I going wrong? Would I be better off building a Bloodthirster after my GA? Like...

Razor, Boots, Bloodrazor, GA, Bloodthirster... ???

Also, what's the fastest path for jungling with him. I feel like I can't keep up with the middle in terms of levels at all, even though most WW's I see can usually hit 6 around the same time as the solo lanes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I dunno what you're doing wrong. I feel like a horrifying force of destruction when I finish my BR on WW :p. His damage all scales so well that building any more of it after BR feels horribly horribly inefficient.

My path against zero -> minimal disruption is Long Sword -> Blue -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Red -> Small Gols -> Bluepill -> Madred's Razor -> Ghost -> Dragon with a pure AS Page, 9/0/21 setup.

I build Razors -> boots -> Recurve -> Mercs + BR in some order -> GA + Veil + Frozen Mallet in some order pretty much every game.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well first of all any jungle shouldn't be keeping up with a solo lane. The only way you could potentially do that (other than the solo lane dying or leaving the lane often) is if you get some ganks or the opponent's jungle is free.

WW is not a champ that is scary as in he nukes someone to death in an instant. You can't ult someone and expect them to die unless they are already near death. He will kill anyone that tries to stay and fight, and this is why red buff is important for him so he can catch people if they flee. In a nutshell, you are not an initiator and your job is to enter the fight without using your ult, pound away at whatever your team is focusing, and ult to catch people fleeing. In rare cases where you're the only stun you may have to ult certain champions like Katarina.

Also if anyone other than a tank is getting MR then that's usually a good thing for your team (unless they're all AP too) since that means they'll be doing less damage.

I'd recommend sunfire cape over GA unless you're constantly getting focused no matter what you do.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
because of his absurd self-healing powers, WW benefits infinitely more from Armor/MRes than he does from health. He also has no need for extra damage output, as he already hits like a truck with just BR and Hungering Strike. Sorry, but there's just no way I can justify Sunfire cape over GA.

ult usage is really weird. yea, you do want to hold it in a lot of situations where it's tempting to just use it, but knowing when to start picking a fight with your ult is an equally important skill to knowing when not to.

Vyke

Smash Champion
If initiating is going to win you a team fight as Warwick because the carry poked his head out too far... yeah, you should initiate.

He's a pretty on-the-fly moment champ, imo.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well yeah, I'm not saying there aren't situations where it's good to jump in with your ult. I'm just pointing out the general goal. Usually it's best to jump in with your ult if you have the numbers advantage and that's basically it. Even if the carry poked his head out too far you should only ult if you're sure your team is there to back you up when you do.

But yeah, like everything in this game there are always exceptions and situations where you need to be flexible in what you're going to do.

Sunfire gives you health and armor. GA gives you armor and magic resist + passive. The extra damage is nice on SF, don't discount it. Plus it's an AOE in teamfights.

It's more for what the opposing team is. Clearly you don't want to get a sunfire if the opposing team is mostly AP. If they are AP, I like to go double negatron and then get a GA. Something like that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
for 90 more gold, you get 450 less health, 23 more armor, 38 more magic resist, 40 less magic AoE DPS, and a 750 HP respawn every 5 minutes. The thing is, I really don't care about that AoE DPS on WW. He's a latch on and kill you hero. He's that ******* who chases the opposing carry way the hell away from the fight and/or eats him. The fact that it's AoE is largely irrelevant because he's not a babysitter who's sticking around the entire opposing team trying to make sure your carry lives. And it's not like he has problems lasting in drawn out fights (where the free DPS on sunfire is especially good). You can have a 3 Sunfires, FoN + GA Garen and WW with just BR, Phage, Negatron and GA will still outlast him in a 1v1 fight because of all the % damage and lifesteal going on. It's just a misfit on WW because it's not even efficient at the defensive stats it gives (the entire recipe cost goes to 20 HP and the passive), whereas GA's recipe gives you just what you need (14 MRes, 5 Armor and an incredible DEFENSIVE passive that gives you an effective +1000 HP since you wake up and immediately Hungering strike someone).

Essentially, the whole point of the sunfire recipe is to make your HP + Armor investment an offensively sound use of your money on a tank. On the other side, GA is about giving you extra tower dive potential, serving as a CC deterrent, giving you balanced defensive stats and simply letting you outlast everyone.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll keep working on it. Tom and I are going to start duo queueing our way out of ELO hell and I want to pick him up as a jungler in case that's what the team needs. Mummy is still often banned and Nunu doesn't work with every team comp, so Warwick is a nice pocket jungler to keep on hand.

For those of you that aren't keeping an eye on the Riot forums: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=311191

LeBlanc is the new champ. They say she is a deceiver. I'm thinking she's got some kind of clone ultimate, like a Shaco-Mage of some kind. That might be why every time they patched things regarding Shaco's clone, they didn't list it under his notes, but as general notes having to do with clones. Any one got a leak on the skills?!?!?!?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
The thing is that you need to survive as best you can. If you're allowed to be that ******* who chases down the opposing carry then it probably doesn't even matter what items you get since the other team is poorly coordinated. My thought is that it's all about who's going to kill you in a teamfight.

If it's physical, get a sunfire or maybe a thornmail. If it's magical, get a veil.

But just to be clear, I'm not arguing against GA as a bad option. I just don't think it should be your first choice every time after BR.

And in all honesty, I think it might be better to just get vests and cloaks and then make the items after that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I have frequently done vest -> cloak -> giant's belt -> GA -> Veil -> Frozen, which is why I said "GA + Veil + Frozen in some order" rather than giving an order. GA is typically my first one, but it is team dependent and against balanced teams I typically have to get negatron after GA pieces to stay balanced enough on defensive stats.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well, good discussion here. Let's see how Jason does from here on out.

I forgot that the champs switched and it's free WW week. Makes sense why this discussion cropped up. I can't wait to get out there and watch all the WW fails!

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I need some ****ing reliable teammates... No, I am not level 30 but I have a decent grasp on the concept of team strat and gameplay. Let me be a role player on your team.

Invite 'HERBrunningbrave'

I'm begging yooou

Top Bottom