• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
but you see, the thing is, pretty much all melee have a jump and/or disable ability for the very reason that it lets them pick a fight and balances out laning. Riot has been very deliberate about this, they don't want any **** where you have something like troll/PA/Meepo/NS who just sits there and takes it in the *** for the entire laning phase.
Fixed, Spirit Breaker is actually alright, what with a how quickly he gets a pretty silly amount of damage.

But at the same time, it's not really an issue that they're **** at the laning phase; they synergize well enough with the babysitters in the game that they'll be well enough. But they are all low tier heroes at this point.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I've gone godlike every game Ive had a solo lane with AP Gragas since the patch.

I really need to get back to an ELO with decent players :/

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've gone godlike every game Ive had a solo lane with AP Gragas since the patch.

Teach meeeee~

I've been playing tank gragas a little the past week or so. HoG into a later Randuin's Omen seems to be one of the best items for it.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
wut do you guys mean when u use the word smurf?
Please tell me you used this for your 1000th post. :p

A smurf is an account that is at a lower level than your main account which is generally used for playing with friends who are new to the games. It is also used by douchebags who just want to stomp some noobies.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

I've decided that sucking it up and playing WW is the best way to instantly skyrocket your elo back to about where it should be. It's working out pretty well thus far.

I'm guessing you have part of the same problem I have in that when you play your main, you can dominate and have it still frequently not translate into a win when the other lanes are failing. Which makes playing below your true elo exceptionally frustrating :\...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I can't tell if my Elo is too high or too low. Playing with Mogwai last night it seemed like I know what I'm doing to the point where my mid 1400 - low 1500 rating is too low, but then it also felt like the people we played against sucked copious ***.

I guess it's just that I can only play two champs solidly, so if I'm outside that zone I derp it up. Might be why I have 80% win rate with Singed and Urgot, I win with them until I lose rating with other characters, then I pick them again to boost it back... eh.

Oh, and I guess I play Kat alright, but she just doesn't seem like a good pick lately. AD Kat is a decent harasser and she helps against any healing comp but then she's squishy. AP Kat is fun except your bouncing blade sucks and Shunpo's AP ratio is meh, so overall damage is lower. If you can find 3 people without much health you can leap frog a triple kill but damage wise it seems weaker. More health though... also Kitty Kat is pretty cute. Not gonna lie.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I can't tell if my Elo is too high or too low. Playing with Mogwai last night it seemed like I know what I'm doing to the point where my mid 1400 - low 1500 rating is too low, but then it also felt like the people we played against sucked copious ***.

I guess it's just that I can only play two champs solidly, so if I'm outside that zone I derp it up. Might be why I have 80% win rate with Singed and Urgot, I win with them until I lose rating with other characters, then I pick them again to boost it back... eh.
keep duoing with me and we'll get you up to ~1600. As far as I could tell you have a good grasp of the game and your main problem is a combination of lack of diversity and playing generally pretty janky characters (urgot and singed... might as well pick up Corki so you can carry, LOL). The janky character thing isn't really an issue of limitations until 1700+ range, but it'll still cause stupid rage and misplays among your teammates in the 1400-1500 range, which is really really annoying :laugh:. Like I do play corki as a carry and god****, the amount of **** I've gotten just for playing corki when I'm like 7/1 with insane CS from 0/5 morgana with 30 CS just drives me crazy. So that's why I just spam jungle WW and Udyr right now, let's me impact all lanes and people don't unconditionally rage about your character selection.

EDIT: on a poking team, AD Kat is playable, but other than that, she is strictly outclassed by Akali atm.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I've been above 1500 in ranked and am currently at 1300. Let me tell you that basing how good you are on people of any rank doesn't work.

You can be really good but not be able to coordinate with a team playing another style. Likewise you can be very single-minded on how the game works or on how any champion works. While higher ranked people tend to have a better grasp on the game, it's not a pure indication of individual skill or anyone's ability to adapt.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I just seem to suck at playing anybody who's squishy. I can't find that fine line between "staying back so I don't die, but doing nothing" and "I'll just autoattack this champ and oh no Garen whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy." Go figure my best scores with Veigar are from building him as a tank.

I was thinking of picking up Udyr though, so I could have a jungler and also because he seems phenomenal at getting in your face and just not giving a ****.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Udyr is so much fun to play as. As a resident udyr.. he is so durable.

His bear stance ***** a good many channeled ultis as well. And he can do crazy damage too.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I really wanted to be good with Udyr, but I just don't know how to play him. I've read guides, watched videos, copied builds and I still just suck with him. I gave up. I jungle far better with mummy and nunu anyways.

Got 3150 saved up... trying to decide between Olaf or Morde as my next purchase. Or I could save all the way up to 6300 and pick between Kennen, Kog or MF. Pondering my options.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I play udyr well :D

madreds mercury treads blood razor is core.

skill build depends on pub or arranged.

rest of items depend on opponents team, though I 'll usually get omen or a sunfire etc

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
Go to the Mac testing forum on the official website and look through the stickies. There's a link to the download there. :)

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say on this subject or else I'd give you a direct link. >___>
I went there and it says i need a summoner by logging into league of legends first
however i dont think i can

john!

Smash Hero
I went there and it says i need a summoner by logging into league of legends first
however i dont think i can
really? that's pretty dumb. i'm sure one of us would be able to make your summoner, and then you'd change your password afterward and still have the summoner. you'd need to tell us an icon though... check here for some options:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/ladders/premade-5x5

john!

Smash Hero
lol! derp. i assumed it was under the options menu or something.

they were going to have unlockable summoner icons, which would be cool, but i think they should focus on other features (replays, voice chat, sandbox mode) first.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
so i can't log into the site to go to the mac testing forum for a download because it says i need a summoner. can anyone help me with this i am brand new to the game
thanks

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So how many creep denies do you guys average per game?
Every 25 seconds.

Man, I wish med school didnt take so much time so I could farm ELO. The people I play with/against are just so bad. Either that or I should just go straight Gragas again. Hm... Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that.

As an aside, I found out something that completely breaks Gragas and makes him hilariously OP. But its a secret... since its a bug. I don't know how much I can/will use it before someone reports it, but it is SO awesome :D

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Believe me, I'd love to spill the beans and all, but this bug is absurdly obvious. I haven't told anyone precisely because I'm sure whatever game its used in, it will be noticed and reported.

And maybe absurdly OP was an overstatement. But I can do dragon at whatever level I want to as long as I have the mana for it. It just takes 1-2 minutes :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've not played or seen Gragas in any games since the patch. I'm gonna guess it has to do with the new barrel roll drawing aggro in a weird way?

My guess would be either that, or because of the lower CD on Dunken rage if you have some CD reduction you can activate it again before the buff wears off, and the % reduction for whatever reason stacks (THAT would be ********). But then you said something about mana and doing Dragon at any level, and that doesn't sound like it fits the description anymore.

Top Bottom