• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Cia

das kwl
I actually love the teemo buff. Let's me make up for all of that lost shroom spike time when i recall.

You should have seen how this team raged when they went for baron and ran into 3 shrooms at the door :laugh:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Seems like the Teemo changes are pretty polarizing. I've heard a lot of players complain it was actually a nerf and a few that love the changes and say he's badA now. As I understand it, its best to rush Madreds (for tank-shredding) and then go all AP, including the new Malady. Team fights you save your stored mushrooms and then throw them down in the mix, then back off and try to shred with your toxic shot. Now sure if that matches anyone else's experience, but a guy that had like four straight super positive Teemo games last night played that way and said it felt the best to him.

Lux is... I dunno... she's underwhelming I guess. Her cooldowns are too long for her to be super effective in a team fight. Ya know what she does really well though? Help a team turtle. Farm well and go all AP items and you can get your ult up to about 1000 damage. That means every 30 seconds you can obliterate an entire creep wave and hurt the incoming enemy champions to boot. Trying to sustain a push on that is MAD frustrating.

Riot really needs to remove their heads from their bums and start retooling the game towards offense. All these defensive, tank & ultility champs are making things a little bit ridiculous.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Teemo was buffed, no doubt about it. The tweak to his Q wasn't really a nerf as 6.5 secs of blind was ridiculous.

As for how to play Teemo, that's how he's always been played. As the ranged harasser with the power of his shrooms lying in his ability to place one in a teamfight and drastically change the tide of battle with a sudden 55% AoE slow and DPS.

The shroom charges alone massively buffed Teemo, Malady becoming extremely useful on him, reduced Q cooldown, and his MS buff are just icing on the cake.

As for turtling and Riot not knowing what they're doing, it's true, Riot barely has a clue what they're doing. But what they're doing right now is simply changing the meta. I don't know if you're familiar with competitive card games (M:tg, YGO, etc) but each new set changes the meta slightly and it keeps the game fresh. We just came from a 5-tank-team-we-win meta and from what I can tell are going into a heal/poke meta as other people say. Which my two current mains (Teemo/Sivir) are both really good at. :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
focus on farming and last hitting. lots of new players get a fascination with ignite + exhaust and looking for level 1 champ kills and stuff but honest the #1 thing that seperates me from a 1200 player is that I last hit properly and understand when and how to farm so that I get a gold advantage. Other than that, just try out different characters and try to find one or a few that really match your playstyle and try to learn their ins and outs as best you can.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Uh, play the tutorial. Watch the WCG matches to get a feel for how one is supposed to think about this game. Save all your IP, no matter what, until you're level 30. Play free heroes to get a feel for them.

Start every game typing in /mute all, /mute enemy, or /mute ally. Some combination of them.

Never buy T2 runes. T1 runes are worth it for messing around with. I'd suggest you get 4 in Armour Pen just to kill creeps easier.

Otherwise just play the game and have fun. Realize that the smash scene is full of intelligent cool calm playing-to-win type people and LoL is not.

Also, never ever ever save your allies. Always take red and blue buff. Always go for dragon. Don't build bad items, don't fuss over masteries or runes until level 30, etc etc.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
MIKE G... add me and I'll play some lowbie games with you on an alt account. We can get on vent, lane together and I can talk you through some stuff.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
While playing, pretend you're driving a car, and parts of the screen are your mirrors, dashboard, etc. Check everything constantly. Look at your map a lot.

Also assume that your team WON'T look at the map, and for the first large portion of the game make sure you let your team know when somebody is missing.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I. Hate. Post patch baddies.

I swear if I get another Lux feeding on my team, I'm just going to stop playing for a week.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
HAha... Lux's ult makes it SO easy to steal kills. Too bad you have no reason to play her in ranked when there are way better supports and way better AP carries out there, not to mention that her long cooldowns make her a turd in extended teamfights. I guess I'm glad Riot didn't make another OP champ though. And she's better than Swain, so... *shrug* Underwhelmed, but not underpowered.

I am definitely giving up on ranked solo queue until I find a reliable duo partner. Tried to play today but I was definitely in ELO hell and it showed. Our bot lane combo of Taric and Rammus somehow combined for EIGHT deaths in the first fifteen minutes, while I went 2-1-2 with Gragas solo top lane. Then we switched lanes cause they were getting donged so hard, so then I WON bottom lane and knocked over the tower while they managed to die three more times to the Kat/Blitz combo I was going positive against in top lane. le sigh...

ook

Smash Lord
Why do people always talk about the games where their teammates do bad and not about the games where they do bad? :p
Ok well, today I was playing as karthus (one of my mains), soloing top against a nidalee. She hit me with 3 spears in a row and I died for first blood.

By the time we started teamfighting, I was 0/4/0, with 35 minion kills.

At one point, I had 8 deaths, while everyone else on the team had a maximum of 2.

When a game like that happens, I'm just kinda speechless. I don't really wanna say anything, just go to a corner and sit for a while. :scared:

but when it's someone else's fault, then I'm ranting

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MED, remember when you were ranting about how OP Lux was gonna be? I told ya, just gotta wait til they show up in game and see what counter balances them out. On paper she sounds great, and then in gameplay it's hard to see her over Sona/Janna anytime soon.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
DMG, I was concerned about her "grant stealth" ability, which they removed. ;)

And I was right about her being a good turtle character. I am getting mad annoyed with this game. Besides the constant server issues, the new meta is killing me. Turtling up for a 60 min game when games should be ending in 30 is really frustrating. I don't have the patience for this mess.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I was right about her being a good turtle character. I am getting mad annoyed with this game. Besides the constant server issues, the new meta is killing me. Turtling up for a 60 min game when games should be ending in 30 is really frustrating. I don't have the patience for this mess.
You guys should get on board to my variation of CLG's 3-lane pushing strat. :D
http://www.livestream.com/clgame/vi...f4d2&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

It's really fun when your team is coordinated enough, and you'll win games more quickly than usual.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Posted in the Gragas thread. I have DEFINITELY noticed the nerf to BS and its really frustrating. I can still harass with barrels, but I'm way less effective since I can't threaten to body slam in after a barrel and then back out safely without eating a ton of damage. Very disappointing.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I know there are exceptions but...

Melee champs should have a disadvantage vs ranged before level ~6 imo.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, no... just no

It's not really a prevalent enough phenomena to say that it's a rule with exceptions, as many Melee champs have exceptionally strong pre-6 laning presences and can and will demolish ranged champs in a 1 on 1 situation. I mean, so much of what decides a TT game is the pre-6 play and just look at who's considered strong on that map. Ranged mostly falls by the wayside next to strong Melee characters like Mundo, Garen, Gragas, Sion, Udyr, etc

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean to steer the melee vs ranged debate towards TT related gameplay (different than SR). Assuming u mean that in TT, it's way easier to catch the ranged champions out of position due to the small compactness and closeby bushes. Then, I completely agree with that statement. However my statement was geared more towards SR.

In SR, i dont see many 2 melee champ comboes "demolish" either a ranged+melee champ combo or range+ranged. Possible comboes that come to mind are dual stun or stun+slow (nunu) comboes. Without a stun or a significant slow; most melee champs lose to ranged champions. That good enough criteria 4u?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
but you see, the thing is, pretty much all melee have a jump and/or disable ability for the very reason that it lets them pick a fight and balances out laning. Riot has been very deliberate about this, they don't want any **** where you have something like spirit breaker who just sits there and takes it in the *** for the entire laning phase.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can someone please tell me how to get this on my mac
Go to the Mac testing forum on the official website and look through the stickies. There's a link to the download there. :)

Not sure how much I'm allowed to say on this subject or else I'd give you a direct link. >___>

Top Bottom