• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im happy with it, Im tired of seeing Lee Sin every other game. Now if they could do the same for Thresh/Cait. As an ADC main, I swear, unless Thresh is banned, you see both of them EVERY game lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm tired of seeing Lee Sins on my team. That guy is so useless. :o

Full tank Lee can't solo anything. Hydra Randuins Lee can solo most things.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You do know that's what they were aiming for.
Lower his dumb early game damage while still somewhat retaining the same damage later in the game outside of Ult doing more damage to the one you kicked if they collide with more people.

Also what I said in my previous post, having enough high base AD damage to 1v1 the AD carry when you're full tank lee sin is just ********.
That's sort of the idea though.

His early game isn't so strong he can't build full tank and have enough base damage to do 1000 damage off two skills.

He needs to actually build for it with these changes. He can zone an ADC away but it doesn't look like he can 1v1 as easily anymore.

john!

Smash Hero
lee sin was riot's first step into their modern champion design philosophy. before his release there weren't many AD casters, or manaless heroes, or heroes with insane mobility AND utility. he was the first certainlyT-style zero-weakness mary-sue champion, and this was before CT even worked at riot.

i feel like they overloaded his kit because people were so hyped for his release (people had been asking for "blind monk" for years) and they wanted to deliver. and it worked- he's probably the best-selling 3150+ champion of all time, with the possible exception of caitlyn. hence the huge number of lee skins. remember how i posted earlier about lee sin being used twice as much in s3 challenger as any other champion? that **** is real.

so he's simultaneously the most successful hero ever released and the hero that's single-handedly caused the most imbalance in the game. i hold him partly responsible for mobility creep, the decline of AP heroes in general, and the proliferation and abuse of manaless champions. that's why i call him cancer.

Last edited:

Okuser

Smash Ace
the changes proposed to lee sin are god ****ing awful. he doesn't need any changes at all he is perfectly balanced.

this is what happens when you have a ****ing balance team whos average elo is like 1500. wasting their time with LEE SIN of all champions instead of dealing with the blatantly OP ****.

I could ****ing return this game to it's former glory in 1 week if I was hired onto the riot balance team, no doubt in my ****ing mind.

Patch 3.4:

- Barrier has been removed from the game

- Vi's base damages on abilities have been lowered

- Elise's base % damage has been decreased and her scaling with ap has been increased

- Kha'zix's Q has a slightly longer cd at all ranks.

- Gragas damage reduction from W has been reduced, healing from passive has been reduced, slight reduction of ap ratio on ultimate.

- Tresh's hook has had it's disjointed range fixed, the range of tresh's W has been signifigantly reduced and so has the strength of the shield

- Leona tank stats from leonas W have been reduced

- Corki the phosphorous bomb rework has been completely reverted, the mana cost of valkyrie is now 100 again instead of 50, the cd of valkyrie is now 16 seconds at rank 1 instead of 30 seconds.

wow that was ****ing hard, and I could go on.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
- Tresh's hook has had it's disjointed range fixed,
this alone would make me happy. there's so many games when i know i dodged the hook but it hits me anyway.

personally, i think the game is the most balanced it's ever been. nearly every champion is viable even if there are a few glaring problem characters (like thresh). i mean, i climbed from gold 4 to diamond 5 this season by playing "troll champions" (unpopular) the whole way; ad kennen top, quinn top, teemo mid (before it appeared in lcs), casseiopeia, ad nidalee, sona and lulu (before people realised she was good).

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Warning Received
lee sin was riot's first step into their modern champion design philosophy. before his release there weren't many AD casters, or manaless heroes, or heroes with insane mobility AND utility. he was the first certainlyT-style zero-weakness mary-sue champion, and this was before CT even worked at riot.

i feel like they overloaded his kit because people were so hyped for his release (people had been asking for "blind monk" for years) and they wanted to deliver. and it worked- he's probably the best-selling 3150+ champion of all time, with the possible exception of caitlyn. hence the huge number of lee skins. remember how i posted earlier about lee sin being used twice as much in s3 challenger as any other champion? that **** is real.

so he's simultaneously the most successful hero ever released and the hero that's single-handedly caused the most imbalance in the game. i hold him partly responsible for mobility creep, the decline of AP heroes in general, and the proliferation and abuse of manaless champions. that's why i call him cancer.

Ok XJ9

Niko45

Smash Master
Oddone never gets enough credit man. Granted, he was playing Elise, but you're not gonna find too many Junglers who die at level 1 and come back that hard in an LCS game. Meanwhile Dexter got 3/4 buffs and got utterly dumpstered.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
the changes proposed to lee sin are god ****ing awful. he doesn't need any changes at all he is perfectly balanced.

this is what happens when you have a ****ing balance team whos average elo is like 1500. wasting their time with LEE SIN of all champions instead of dealing with the blatantly OP ****.

I could ****ing return this game to it's former glory in 1 week if I was hired onto the riot balance team, no doubt in my ****ing mind.
but... but... "I can’t stress how much the new Flurry helps Lee Sin’s damage at late game!"

If Lee kicks someone into entire enemy team, main target takes 750 +1.5 total AD damage. Situational but holy hell that's a lot of damage.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

While I do like some of the changes here.

Lee really needed the nerfs.

Player-3

Smash Hero
those lee changes don't even do anything to reduce the power of lee that needed tuning, all they do is make the champion so terrible that nobody will pick him, while theres PLENTY of other junglers that need nerfs WAY more than lee

why is lee seen so often? because theres like 4 jungle bans every game because those 4 champions are way more op and faceroll than him

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Elise and Vi nerfs are on the way, looks like they are slated for 4.4 I think.

Lee is still a work in progress, even I think what they did was a little over the top, so not everything listed there will happen perhaps. This sort of thing is what PBE is made for to see what will happen.

Lee does need some fixing though, that is something that is true.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
How does Riot even release these champs without realizing they are WAY overloading their kits?
Like, it's obvious from the moment they're released.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thresh literally has 3 game winning abilities in one kit. And it's not like his fourth isn't extremely strong either (ranged disruption/knock back).

All supports being like that is such a daunting power creep that it's revolting. But that's where we are right now.

Last edited:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
fuhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk th eproposed lee sin changes ma

thresh is hype lantern makes me slaty af tho

Last edited:

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
been trying out vel'koz as a support because why not. i think he's an inferior xerath in mid lane (although way cooler), but can pull off some nice zyra style plays as support still. i reckon we will see vel'koz supports in another 2 months.

got 10/10 wins in normal queue. go to ranked >>> 2 loses. people so fixed on a meta.

sad.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Well in a meta where supports are supposed to hold a big part of the team utility while junglers are mostly assassins it's no wonder people don't like him. Playing Vel support means someone else gotta pick the big CC character.

So try to pick things that go with the flow, like targon avarice blade support GP in a full AD team.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm 4 wins from DIAMOND. ROARRRRRrrrr

"Malzahar is cancer" - Every enemy ever.
Are you almost Diamond with Malzahar? Do what I failed to do last season ;_;7
Malzahar seems to be the only champ/role I'm any good with after my 4 month break. I rekt every game with him when I went 5-0 with friends in ranked 5s. I dunno why he doesn't see more play when tanky champs like Shyv/Mundo/Nasus etc are so popular.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Are you almost Diamond with Malzahar? Do what I failed to do last season ;_;7
Malzahar seems to be the only champ/role I'm any good with after my 4 month break. I rekt every game with him when I went 5-0 with friends in ranked 5s. I dunno why he doesn't see more play when tanky champs like Shyv/Mundo/Nasus etc are so popular.
I guess people don't like 3 second aoe silences and 2.5 second stuns. "OH NO, CAN'T LOCK DOWN THAT HIGH MOBILITY ASSASSIN". Lel. "Oh no, we can't kill those damage soakers". Super lel.
"oh no, caitlyn keeps aaing us", no problem, no problem, Q + E is all you need to kill squishies and I can land both before she can aa me.
"OH NO MALZAHAR, DON'T GET HOOKED BY THRESH" - *voidling summon on reaction* geegeeeeeeeeeeee

And yeah, majority malzahar. Finally getting some competent lane opponents, and I'm starting to get scary in the LB match up (only character who doesn't need a jungler camp to maybe have a minor advantage in lane), although my win rate against her is still 100%. Started 0/2 or 0/3 in that mu twice (out of playing it like 8ish? times) now and always crush by the time the first dragon fight comes along.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
100% buy rate in ARAM on every champion.
As hype as it is, I wouldn't buy it on Malzahar because he needs to invest in mana early and he needs E to be killing creeps to maintain multiple spell usages in lane. The shock and horror of GP's passive not proccing it really ruined the fun for me. I wanted the ultimate bankplank. Interesting enough though is that I'd probably still buy it on GP if I ever got to play him top again, as I have in normals anyway :3

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm surprised people don't play Fiora more, she's so OP and brainless. Every game I've played in ranked that has a Fiora she gets stupidly fed even if she loses lane. She's so easy to play as well, she's just targeted nukes and steroids and has no real mechanics outside of riposting stuff. Even I got stupidly fed as her when I played her and I had no idea what I was doing.

I also like how her ult is basically Trynd's, except that it's also a a targeted AOE nuke that heals you due to lifesteal and procs other on-hit effects, and it has like no counterplay at all.

We've seen that melee ADs are viable at the highest level with Jax, so I reckon Fiora would work too. The only real skill using melee ADs apart from laning mechanics is to just avoid CC and major CDs like ults, after that you just let their stats do the work for you.

I'd probably play her if I wanted to climb elo at any cost, but I just find her boring. Riposting stuff would probably be fun though.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I actually was just practicing Kennen top (which still seems perfectly viable) and laned against a Fiora. It was a pretty easy lane, I was beating her until she roamed bot and got a triple kill, and then I was still winning lane. Lategame she either got CCed and blown up, or didn't get CCed and shredded everything with her tons of lifesteal and damage. Then we were about to win and she backdoored really quickly and won for her team :x I feel like she's decent but idk about "OP" because CC shuts her down harder than Jax.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Her Q range is quite short compared to most gap closers. Her W is allowing her to excel as a duelist (against other auto attackers), not a team fighter. Her Ult has a short initial range and you need it to be started on your primary target (first and last hits of it). Her excessive dps requires kills or assists. Her ult is not even remotely comparable to tryndameres. Please.

Yes you could probably play her to climb Elo. People aren't likely to pick those hard match ups for her: lee sin, malphite, nasus (apparently thats a hard mu for nasus? iono) and characters that aren't auto attack reliant (basically a dead age: wheres the singed buffs at?). Nor are the chances of your enemies having proper positioning most of the time being that high either.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
How is her ult not camparable to Trynd's? They both give invincibility, it's just that Fiora's does a ton of other stuff too. The only difference is that Trynd's is sometimes better as an escape because you're not stuck to the target (although it doesn't heal you like Fiora's does if she has lifesteal).

You don't need to win lane as a melee AD to carry a game. Melee ADs just need like 1-2 major items and then they can wreck teamfights because their stats are good and they have no mechanics outside of avoiding CC. Champions in general who scale well don't need to win lane, that's why champions like Mundo and Nidalee get played and Renekton isn't banned every single game,

I just randomly decided to play Fiora and went 9/5/6, having like 4 kills KSd off me and missing out on another because their nexxus exploded before I got off the killing blow. This was after going 0-2 during the laning phase (I was playing jungle0. I just waited for CC and CDs to be blown and then I'd just Q-R onto a squishy to kill them, also killing any other squishy that happened to stand next to them. I just play melee ADs like assassins, they do basically the same thing as assassins except they trade resets for still being able to kill stuff after they've used all their spells. I don't get this 'melee ADs are bad because of CC' logic. By that logic assassins would be bad too. Heck even ranged squishies would be bad by that logic too because of ranged CC.

It was hilarious just brainlessly killing squishies with Q R as Fiora because there's no counterplay to it until they get GA. It was more fun that I thought.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Kennen seems pretty good, and apparently does well against Renekton. He strikes me as being like Rumble, with a better laning phase but weaker 'realistic' damage output lategame because his ult is melee and that would probably force him to build more tanky than Rumble, whereas Rumble can justify both deathcap and void staff.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What happened to kennen?

The biggest range of gutting you'd ever imagine.
Q cd nerf.
Passive (stun nerf)
Auto attack range nerf (so significantly hurt him oh my god)
scaling nerfs over and over again.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Her Q range is quite short compared to most gap closers.
600 range actually, people flash away from me all the time when I play Fiora and it's just like, oh let me press q again.

But I agree 100% with the rest of your post.

I still don't know why Dre insists that melee adc's are brainless but y'okay.

Top Bottom