• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Last time I was in the upper 90s of Silver 1, I was getting ~1 LP per game
This time I just got back up there, just won a game and went from 91 to qualifying for my series O_O I feel like my win ratio is about the same as it was before, so I'm surprised I'm not having the same problem. Gold here I come (maybe hopefully finally)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So Riot dropped the bomb,

Thoughts?
I dislike it, a lot. It makes it very difficult to adjust between modes. Better to have completely different itemization that may often do the same effective thing, but allows them control the price scheme specifically for dom or TT

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
league system is punishing me too hard for losing, im getting 5-10 points a win and losing 20-40 points a loss. almost at the bottom of gold 3 now :\

Niko45

Smash Master
league system is punishing me too hard for losing, im getting 5-10 points a win and losing 20-40 points a loss. almost at the bottom of gold 3 now :\
It's so brutal once your MMR falls below that critical point. Whole system seems a bit snowbally honestly.

I think I'm gonna try spamming Nasus every game and see how that works.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Goodbye Varus' Shadows, hello Skarner's Sentries!
Won promotion matches 3-0, had a raging Vi who thought he was a god and kept trying to surrender, even though he sucked but yknow.
"Yeah let's turret dive a Malzahar what could go wrong?!"

Anyway, when did the league system come out? Beginning of February? So it took me from then until April 11 to get from Silver 1 (and occasional 2) to Gold 5. I'm curious to see if it'll be dramatically easier to raise divisions in gold than it is to gain a league.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So what I learnt from that :
-skins that are actually worth 975 RP are getting more expensive
-future 975 RP skins will be of lesser quality compared to what we have now
-Gentleman Cho is considered 1k8 worth despite having absolutely no particle/animation change

I might be too biased to notice the 76 skins that get way cheaper but I just see that as a way riot has found to be able to release 975 RP skins without having to reach the quality of iBlitz or Arcade Sona.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So adc Lux is hella fun lol. Just randomly felt like doing it, and have been doing pretty decent hahaha.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Muramana is OP on darius.

calling it.

Also current Nasus feels like playing a season 1 jungler.

"Oh I'm just going to jungle for 30 minutes, kthx"

OH NEVER MIND JUST KIDDING
WITHERIEHRWIEHRIWEHRWIEHRW
PENTA KILL
2 SECOND DRAGON

john!

Smash Hero
i don't understand all the uproar over skin price changes. they're REDUCING way more skins than they are increasing. plus it becomes more consistent across the board. if they did this from the start, people wouldn't be complaining, AND they would have spent less money on skins.

Muramana is OP on darius.

calling it.
muramana doesn't proc on his passive, does it?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
muramana doesn't proc on his passive, does it?
Nah it doesn't. He's just a super crazy fast stacker of it and synergises with his armor reduction now that it deals physical, ult procs it as well.

So in other words, it's not OP.
He just has a tick in my book now for "when I feel like building a tear, the ultimate guide".

Actually, what I want to know is, whether or not muramana counts as a separate physical damage proc for cleaver.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Is Muramana still worth it on Ryze when you are snowballing? For somebody who is likely going to be building a Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter at some point it dealing magic damage was nice.
Seraph's Embrace for the shield is definitely better in most scenarios imo, but you could do some pretty silly things with Muramana + Gauntlet.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'll probably stop building Muramana on Ryze so I won't have to worry about toggling the active so I can just mash buttons.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think its how their system keeps things aligned similarly to how old elo used to work.

If you keep failing promotion matches but keep winning majority of games you'll find your point gains for wins starts to get higher and the lower drops for losses.

ATM I get 26-32 points per win and lose 16-22 per loss. My friend i'm duoing with is getting 1 point crap.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
If your mmr is higher then where you're currently placed the more points you win until you're placed where you belong. So let say your mmr is at platinum 3 but you're in gold 2 you'll gain significant amount of points per win and when you win a promotion series you can possibly skip a division.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I don't really like the Quinn changes. I think her reliance on dealing damage through her passive and (as always) the melee ult shenanigans will continue to hold her back.

Top Bottom