• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
SURE IS AN ACTIVE THREAD

Since there's nothing else to talk about, I have a question.
Trist+Janna vs Ez+Lulu. I'm the Janna, Trist got poked to death even though I tried to save her. She raged at me the whole time, though never gave me advice on what I should be doing. So what do you do in that lane? Lulu's poke hurt much more than mine, and she could shield my poke better than I could.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Janna doesn't really synergise with Trist at all in the laning phase.

In cases like these, your best bet was to run tanky runes/masteries and do your best to freeze the lane for them / helping them last hit under tower.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Janna doesn't really synergise with Trist at all in the laning phase.
Who even does, besides like... I guess Ali/Leona/Taric? I guess I coulda picked one of them, but our team looked like it needed the peel (team was a bad comp anyway and they all got wrecked, didn't really matter)
Just had support overload today. Played a bunch of games, got forced to support in half of them. Lost all of those but 1. Won all the games I went mid :[
I could be better at it, but I just hate it. I'm never on the same page as whoever my random AD is.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Cause you don't even spend most of your time bot. :p

Support is pretty fun, though. Really impactful, and you can kind of turn entire games around with one play/good warding/etc.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
support is so damn fun, i would do it all the time if i knew my AD was reliable

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Oh yeah, I don't mind going Leona/Taric or whatever if I have a good Draven, MF, etc but there are some lanes I just blow in. I love playing Janna during teamfight phase but a lot of the times in lane it's awful.
edit: like last game I went Ali/Draven and it was pri fun because he was good

dubs edit: took about 2 months to qualify for Gold 5, took about 3 days of not much playing to qualify for Gold 4
working as intended?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
wut? Janna is the best support. When u have an adc who knows how to effectively trade her babysitting and playmaking is da best <3

and thresh.

And leona.

For the same reasons :p

john!

Smash Hero
my first game with solo top nunu was pretty epic

everyone lost their lanes (i was against singed and couldn't harass him out of lane) and they caught me trying to solo baron early twice. when they were all up in our base after a bad teamfight i just said "**** it" and went to try a third time (finally suceeding cuz they wanted to end the game instead of coming to stop me). at least 2 of them were going to report me >_<

2 team fights later our baron buffed blood boiled caitlyn is on a rampage and we ended up winning.

nunu too strong imo pls nerf

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dphat please no negative attitude

p.s. I'm not adept at ad carry, but picking Vayne into Caitlyn is generally a bad ****ing idea right?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yes. For obvious reasons to her already horrible lane phase, being denied CS even more by Cait just makes her even more hungry later on.

Also, Caitlyn is a pretty dumb and safe pick now and almost every situation. Considered banning her over the... sadly usual bans in Silverish/Goldish league.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In a laning phase focussed game, Caitlyn pretty stronk. And unfortunately she has this "late game" spike of usefulness/godlyness. Late game Caitlyn is safer and probably better in more team comps than Vayne.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Dude surrender vote is so op. I'm in my decisive promotion match, team has fed, but not to the point of unwinnability... then they randomly surrender (4/1!) when we haven't even lost an inhibitor or baron or anything.

What a helpless feeling

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
> Nasus
> won top lane
> every other lane lost
> something nasty like +500 on my q at around 25 minutes

HEY GUYS DON't WORRY, I'M READY.
Team fight that was a "two people got caught and the other 2 decided to avenge their all-but-guaranteed-deaths"
Get in there
One shot their ranged AD
Almost kill 3 others
> surrender vote
> 4/1
ARE YOU ****ING FOR REAL I TWO SHOT THEIR RANGED AD FROM FULL HEALTH

Top Bottom