• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Tear is better than Chalice at this point unless you are super mana hungry early game or play support so you use Chalice to build into that Cleanse item they made for supports.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Speaking of which why aren't people using dat support anivia now?!

Also, if you guys haven't, you should probably change your passwords. Some MoBA hacker goin' around. Especially if you've ever used the same password to play HoN or for your email.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Back when I didn't have Janna as my support, I used my AP mids as support. TF and Anivia mostly.
Those stuns man, they never see it coming.... and it hurt.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I just think Fro is losing it. First saying all this nonsense like Kat being a garbage champ ever since the change yet I see plenty of them do good e.g. Dream Team's Leacero's (iirc) Kat last night wrecked the enemy team.

I got tear on Orianna a couple nights ago and her lvl 4 or 5 Q would have to disagree with you.
Dream TEAM REPRESENT!

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Lol I don't know what Fro is talking about, with 3 spells and one at 8 sec cd you can just rotate your spells every 3 seconds and you should be able to proc tear passive ASAP non stop. I'll gladly post the math later on how with proper spell rotation almost every ap mid can stack tear ASAP.

:phone:
if you don't need a large mana pool you are better off just getting athenes and a blue or rod of ages. spamming abilities for the sake of charging a tear means you would have enough mana to play fine if you weren't spamming your abilities like that in the first place.

i just feel very strongly that only a couple of champions actually would benefit enough from having a huge mana pool that it doesn't justify the cost most of the time.

anivia at least has the advantage of getting 2 tear stacks for every Q and R she casts while almost everyone else gets only 1 per spell.

I just think Fro is losing it. First saying all this nonsense like Kat being a garbage champ ever since the change yet I see plenty of them do good e.g. Dream Team's Leacero's (iirc) Kat last night wrecked the enemy team.

I got tear on Orianna a couple nights ago and her lvl 4 or 5 Q would have to disagree with you.
kat still has something like 1/3 the damage of her old ult until around 1k ap, no damage on shunpo or Q in exchange for a W rework that was less good than her old one. she does less damage then she ever has in her entire history of existence.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I lost my first normal game with eve, I think I inflated my normal elo a bit too much by tryharding cause it's starting to be that I only do ok with eve and everyone else I just get crushed.

Vyke

Smash Champion
and i can assure you that she would have done much much better if she received as much attention before the rework ever occurred because her kit was way stronger
No, she really wouldn't. She does much more consistent damage over time with the new W not to mention gets way more utility out of the speedboost off of it to make up for the Shunpo changes.

I don't care how many stupid, 1000-1400 elo kat games you've played. The rework did put her in the spotlight for sure, but do you really believe people that loved kat before the rework (you know, the ones way better than you) didn't try their best to incorporate her into competitive play before it?

Come on.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
No, she really wouldn't. She does much more consistent damage over time with the new W not to mention gets way more utility out of the speedboost off of it to make up for the Shunpo changes.

I don't care how many stupid, 1000-1400 elo kat games you've played. The rework did put her in the spotlight for sure, but do you really believe people that loved kat before the rework (you know, the ones way better than you) didn't try their best to incorporate her into competitive play before it?

Come on.
considering that the only 2 mids that played kat at the time were reginald and scarra both of whom have used katarina competitively in the past. no one else played her thus no one else caught on quickly enough especially right after the dfg rework/buff kat was really strong.

for the record i haven't played a sub 1500 elo game excluding placement matches since season 1 :/

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Kat may have done more Ult damage, but thats really unreliable unless you can full channel. Getting a reset and QWE multiple times is the main reason she is better now.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Not sure if it's just me or not, but I've witnessed two incidents today where things that should interrupt moves only delay it before resuming it's effect.

Leona Q's only briefly interrupting MF ult
Ahri Taunts being cleansed, but targeted person continues to be taunted after a brief moment

Not sure if it's just been today or if anyone else has caught on, maybe I'm going crazy. :V But I have no idea whats going on.

D

Deleted member

The leona Q might have hit MF during the startup of her ult (dunno if it has startup but it might), so you hear the sound but it didnt actually start and the moment the stun wore off the MF just ulted again. the other one seems weird

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Elise mains, who do you have trouble against top?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Elise mains, who do you have trouble against top?
Anyone with enough sustain to outheal her absurd poke. That may be more champions now since Flask + Pots opening is pretty popular now. Cho was particularly annoying. Old Rengar was too.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lol, singed must have been one of the worst champions to pick against her then >_<

Vyke

Smash Champion
lol, singed must have been one of the worst champions to pick against her then >_<
I never had trouble with him, but that being said, he can probably pull ahead (Being Singed) as long as he survives long enough to farm up two or three items. Elise falls off pretty hard late, unlike Singed. Singed is probably much stronger with the new item update considering he could go like 13 billion pots at level 1 and not get denied experience anymore.

idk. Flask + Pots or just pure pots + ward opening is super stronk.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Semi-Finals matches of the MLG Online Qualifier are scheduled to start in 20 minutes. 3 of the 4 teams will become eligible for the S3 NA Qualifier.

That said, ex-Quantic and Azure should win their games pretty easily.

jpak

Smash Lord
so are the teams in that qualifier considered top teams (besides the main ones that have already qualified)/

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Does anyone here have mindset problems?
Yesterday I did stupid stuff all day and just dived the enemy. Today I actually looked at opponents items, checked the minimap, calculated risks, etc.

:038:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I had a Corki penta taken away from me last night by my friend's Fizz.

Felt bad man.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Zilean... Penta?

Uglier words have never been spoken

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Does anyone here have mindset problems?
Yesterday I did stupid stuff all day and just dived the enemy. Today I actually looked at opponents items, checked the minimap, calculated risks, etc.

:038:
Well right now its looks like you learned. But if you revert back to your old ways then you're just being impatient again

Top Bottom