• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Nike.

Smash Hero
i got you babes

only person that i dont know if they have it is shaya, let me know if you dont have the skin

everyone else who sent me a name should have it (unless you sent your summoner name and not your login name)
The summoner name i sent you is also my login name.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I hope they do this with the Riven skin coming out in the world season 2 finals. I'd like that too :0
What Riven skin?

NOT LIKE YOU PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN LULU ANYWAY GET OUTTA HERE!!

Boofy!

Smash Champion
The double rp is only on the bonus RP you get, so it isn't THAT substantial.. still awesome of Riot to do that, they're really an amazing company.

Also JTB <3

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I got stuck with a 4 man premade in draft, they all told me to go support when I called mid first and was second pick, decided to say **** you and picked a mid anyways and went duo mid.

I hate doing it on a personal level, but at the same time love it because I refuse to let people do that to me.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
wait wait wait

There is going to be a Riven skin? Will you have to be at least gold to get it? Like with the Jarvan skin from last season?

;-; if so someone please please please help me get to gold. I'd feel so broken without a skin from a favorite.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
screw the publicity, just give a stream schedule and play your games consistently.

All the advertising in the world doesn't replace good word of mouth, it just makes it easier for word of mouth to get out there.

Also, register for all the major site's stream lists. Not very time consuming but helps a lot.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
So, I feel like I've been improving quite a bit, lately, and I'm hoping to start up ranked again. Around 1700 elo.
Anyone want to duo? :)

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's not me.

I called mid first in chat started, they all start saying no Chris is mid, which was a dead giveaway it was a 4 man premade. They proceed to then go for every role but support, all 4 of them tell me to go support, I say no, then the first pick, who was the guy going mid claimed, I'm first pick so too bad.

I don't listen to crap like this. But I don't intentionally feed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
HEY EVERYONE I APPARENTLY PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

I am the best Volibear in the world. Hurrr.
The weird thing is that "missed" arrow. The fact that tris' hurtbox stays where she started the jump till she completed it as far as skillshots and abilities attached to another character's body are concerned. Targeted projectiles follows her though iirc.

If a premade forces me to go support, they're going to have to deal with my trollish picks.

Everyone ALWAYS has to deal with your trollish picks

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's actually in the Summoner's Code that Picking Order trumps "Calling it."

Just sayin'.

The Summoner's Code said:
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.
:gova:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright so when you're a jungler and you notice that all three lanes are losing what do you try to do?

bassem6

Smash Lord
Honestly, I hate when people "call" **** and then troll if they dont get what they called. Just last night, at a ranked 1850 elo game, we get into champ select.

Our 4th pick: I'm ad
Our fp: me and our last pick our duo so let us ad and support please.
So our fp picks graves and then I pick darius top and we have a 3rd pick who goes tf mid. It gets to our 4th pick and he says, "I called ad and thats what Im playing." So our fp offers to trade him graves and lets him ad. Our 4th pick says "no, I dont want graves" and then proceeds to instalock sivir.

So we end up having to play with jungle graves because this scumbag called something and refused to budge from it. Pick order ALWAYS trumps picks...no matter what. I will never understand why some people feel entitled to certain roles. Everybody has to support every once in a while.

Now if you are 3rd pick or something and a premade is yelling at you to support then that's different. But last picks should be prepared to support 70-80% of the time.

Alright so when you're a jungler and you notice that all three lanes are losing what do you try to do?
You cry tears. You can attempt to just camp one lane in an attempt to snowball it or if youre playing a strong jungler, that can carry when farmed like skarner/shyv, you yell at your lanes to play passive while you try to afk farm in the jungle. Honestly though, if all 3 lanes are losing, there isnt much you can do about that game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Depends how badly they're losing and what sort of jungler you're playing. If you're someone who can assassinate or carry through midgame like Mundo, Shyv, Noct, Amumu, you should farm your *** off and try to snipe kill sprees and finish a big item and then group with your team for objectives. If you're a more supporty jungler like Nunu or Maokai, you need to hone in on lanes where your lane isn't so far behind that you can't even kill 2v1/3v2 and try to camp your lanes back into the game since no matter how farmed you get, you won't be able to carry through midgame.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Depends how badly they're losing and what sort of jungler you're playing. If you're someone who can assassinate or carry through midgame like Mundo, Shyv, Noct, Amumu, you should farm your *** off and try to snipe kill sprees and finish a big item and then group with your team for objectives. If you're a more supporty jungler like Nunu or Maokai, you need to hone in on lanes where your lane isn't so far behind that you can't even kill 2v1/3v2 and try to camp your lanes back into the game since no matter how farmed you get, you won't be able to carry through midgame.
we said the same thing...friennnnnnnnnd :woman:

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
My approach to having 3 losing lanes as jungle is to figure out which has the most kill potential and camp it until they are winning lane. But it's a really tough spot that is hard to deal with in my experience.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You cry tears. You can attempt to just camp one lane in an attempt to snowball it or if youre playing a strong jungler, that can carry when farmed like skarner/shyv, you yell at your lanes to play passive while you try to afk farm in the jungle. Honestly though, if all 3 lanes are losing, there isnt much you can do about that game.
Definitely this. You need at least one lane to be doing well in order for to effectively carry a team. If 3 lanes are doing well, then you can't take dragon, control buffs, or even farm your jungle without one of the three lanes needing help. And more than likely, trying to help a crippled lane will lead to you dying unless they're not too far behind.

Niko45

Smash Master
Recently I've just tried to be super patient in ranked solo and being as solid as possible at all roles. I've been in that position where I call jungle and pick before the guy who is insisting on jungling, and then I pick jungle because I'm completely in the right and also want to call his bluff and of course he still picks another jungle and we automatically lose with no ad carry or something. That's just ****ty and it's not technically my fault but I can still avoid that by just being completely unattached to any specific role. Chances are, if someone is insisting incredibly hard on a position they probably suck complete **** at all other positions anyway so it's for the best to just let them have it.

I've been really liking playing Janna support in ranked she is obviously really good and is also particularly good for babysitting ****ty ADs since you have a ton of disengage for really crappy trades they might go for. Some people are hopeless but honestly, even in the 1300s it's only once in like every 10 games that I run into that recurve bow twisted fate or w/e that is completely useless. Lots of people aren't good but are good enough to not feed and can take advantage of a lead if you give them a little push as support or jungle.

Top Bottom