• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I hope CLG learned why trading exhaust for promote was a bad idea
I feel like in that game Janna didn't splitpush with the Promote minion enough. There was at least one time when she Promoted a cannon minion in mid lane where all ten champions were, I'm pretty sure she could have ran to top or bot in a few seconds between waves and gotten back before Legion found out.

bassem6

Smash Lord
From my experience, I dont think jayce beats darius that bad. Westrice goofed up when saint ganked and wasnt in position to flash pull with his e. And then I believe oddone ganked and he ended up dying.

Most of darius damage is from his initial burst of e>q>w and then his dot. If you pull jayce, you have enough time to do that combo on him before he can change to hammer form and hit you away. You win that trade. And then as with most darius mu's, once you hit 6, you can poop him with your ult.

Maybe I just havent played vs a good jayce as darius yet.

From my experience, I dont think jayce beats darius that bad. Westrice goofed up when saint ganked and wasnt in position to flash pull with his e. And then I believe oddone ganked and he ended up dying.

Most of darius damage is from his initial burst of e>q>w and then his dot. If you pull jayce, you have enough time to do that combo on him before he can change to hammer form and hit you away. You win that trade. And then as with most darius mu's, once you hit 6, you can poop him with your ult.

Maybe I just havent played vs a good jayce as darius yet.
as jayce you build dorans tabis phage and can just (i think, i maybe be very very wrong) sit in hammer form if youre even items with him after this. early game darius doesnt have the damage to kill you and after you get some armor, health and levels then you just cs in hammer form and: to the skies -> smack him -> transform, gate + q.

if you go fast armor on darius then jayce maxes e and just destroys you. if you want to get mr: you either get merc treads and are essentially behind because tabis are super good or you get tabis and then get like hexdrinker, which also puts you behind..

if you dont fight darius at 6 through whenever you get health items youre going to be fine IMO.

maybe im just really bad

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
as jayce you build dorans tabis phage and can just (i think, i maybe be very very wrong) sit in hammer form if youre even items with him after this. early game darius doesnt have the damage to kill you and after you get some armor, health and levels then you just cs in hammer form and: to the skies -> smack him -> transform, gate + q.

if you go fast armor on darius then jayce maxes e and just destroys you. if you want to get mr: you either get merc treads and are essentially behind because tabis are super good or you get tabis and then get like hexdrinker, which also puts you behind..

if you dont fight darius at 6 through whenever you get health items youre going to be fine IMO.

maybe im just really bad
Lol no, as jayce you just sit in cannon form, farm away, and when darius tries to farm, poke with E > Q, then switch hammer form if he insists on getting the minion and Q > E and run back through your gate which is still up to make sure darius cant pull you back in. And if darius EVER misses a pull, go cannon mode and just auto attack the hell out of him to push him away from his farm.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I really thought CLG had it once it got the 40 min mark. But Dig had such good execution of their poke down which prevented CLG's vastly superior late game and teamfighting from mattering

bassem6

Smash Lord

maybe im just really bad
Does tabi reduce the damage that darius w does? Im not sure if it counts as a basic attack or not. What youre saying sounds reasonable. But like, early on before you have all these items youre talking about, I feel like darius can out-trade jayce and cause him to have to recall earlier on. And if that happens, then darius will have an item advantage on jayce.

Lol no, as jayce you just sit in cannon form, farm away, and when darius tries to farm, poke with E > Q, then switch hammer form if he insists on getting the minion and Q > E and run back through your gate which is still up to make sure darius cant pull you back in. And if darius EVER misses a pull, go cannon mode and just auto attack the hell out of him to push him away from his farm.
If you sit in cannon form and darius gets a pull on you, you get wrecked. You would be surprised at how often people underestimate darius' pull range and eat a full combo+dot.

I would honestly like to get more experience in this matchup so I can know for sure which one of the two has the definite advantage. Would either of you two guys be willing to have a 1v1 top, jayce vs darius grudge match just to shed some more light on this mu? I'll be on tomorrow night around 11 or 12 est if you are willing and able. (I know this doesnt take junglers into account and stuff, but just for funsies.

ugh that match was so long
Yeah...it was entertaining at first then like after the 55 min mark, I was like idgaf anymore lol.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I kind of want Curse to win so I can watch the drama unfold on reddit for a couple days. "omg y did clg cut elementz and saint!!!!!1" That and nyjaky is adorable.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If you sit in cannon form and darius gets a pull on you, you get wrecked. You would be surprised at how often people underestimate darius' pull range and eat a full combo+dot.
If you sit in Cannon form and are pulled, then you press R to instantly have his hammer stuff, a buff on his next auto, AND a speed boost, which is even better. Plus, you could also drop a gate right before your switch or even turn on your as buff.

no

Does tabi reduce the damage that darius w does? Im not sure if it counts as a basic attack or not. What youre saying sounds reasonable. But like, early on before you have all these items youre talking about, I feel like darius can out-trade jayce and cause him to have to recall earlier on. And if that happens, then darius will have an item advantage on jayce.
it wont reduce the damage cause w is a modifier but tabis in general are just really good. even if the other team has 10000 cc's you can get tabis for your lane and sell later.

yea darius is definitely dangerous at first BUT his harass pushes the lane AND hes very vulnerable to jungle ganks early because of this.. which really sucks for him. and if you let a melee champion vs a ranged champ with no gap closer get an item advantage on you then you deserve to lose imo.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lmao, my most used champ in ranked is jayce and ive gone up against quite a few darius players and have yet to lose my lane to one, I think I know what Im talking about.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm gonna be rooting for CLG because having them try out new things is a joy for me to watch.

On a side note, nothing like playing on your smurf account with some guy who just added you randomly to let you know that you may not be as bad at this game as you think.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well... while Z'zgashi says a lot of things wrong often, I do the same thing as him. I usually just farm in Cannon and/or harass with W and either sit out of pull range and switch if he ever manages to snag me (or if I'm strong enough with level 3+ E I just start going in).

i mean i could always smile and agree and you guys could get back to complaining about solo queue and posting screenshots of your normal games

just thought id shake things up =)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Teleport wasn't underrated, imo. It was just never used because it's not good for solo queue.
I completely disagree. Teleport is OP in solo queue when you've got a solid ganking champ, and can get your support player to ward inside of the lane brush at bot.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I just ***** at them until they do it. Surprisingly enough, it works a lot more when I'm on someone else's account. Dekar173 just doesn't sound charismatic enough, or untrustworthy. Not sure which.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Watching regionals has really motivated me to get better and be high above plat before season 2 ends.

Is anyone going to the finals in LA? Tickets for qualifiers sold out before I got one, but I got one for finals.

:phone:

Kira-

Smash Champion
Promote ****ing sucks.

Teleport is crazy underrated.
Promote is really brilliant in my opinion, you automatically put pressure on a lane without having to sacrifice a person going to push it. Also the support gets the CS for the big minion.

I love the way CLG plays, basically you know that point in many games where people are just farming and waiting for baron/dragon to respawn? CLG never has that point, they can always make plays using numbers advantage in any given lane.

Teleport isn't underrated in my opinion because of it's VERY long cooldown (longer than flash), and because it is really difficult to make a perfect teleport. It's really easy to have a sub-optimal teleport, not to mention you should theoretically lose your lanes because of no ignite/exhaust. Teleport ganks are super telegraphed and can be interrupted as well, it takes a pretty specific situation for a TP gank to work as intended.

Also CLG wins or goes even in their lanes even without ignite pressure, it's really impressive. I did think Dignitas would win yesterday but I was rooting for CLG. But I didn't expect the Dig poke comp! That was also brilliant in its own regard, although maybe I give them more credit than they actually deserve =P

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I just ***** at them until they do it. Surprisingly enough, it works a lot more when I'm on someone else's account. Dekar173 just doesn't sound charismatic enough, or untrustworthy. Not sure which.
It's because they see that Diddy avatar! How can you take that seriously Dekar!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Promote is really brilliant in my opinion, you automatically put pressure on a lane without having to sacrifice a person going to push it. Also the support gets the CS for the big minion.
Holy **** I never knew that. You learn something new every day.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It even states it in the summoner spell description >_>

I just realized how lulzy Olaf is with TP up. You gank him, he can pop ult and TP out right in your face, haha.

the strat isnt uncounterable.

if the other team has tp then you take tp on your mid laner and clear their waves. thats why legion won their game 2. crs should have done this 100% but saint too stubborn probably or maybe they just dont trust jacky with it

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whelp, CLG won. They probably woulda won faster if Alistar could make use of Lulu's ult ._.

This game 2 was.. Dull :/ i wanted more teleports

Niko45

Smash Master

I love the way CLG plays, basically you know that point in many games where people are just farming and waiting for baron/dragon to respawn? CLG never has that point, they can always make plays using numbers advantage in any given lane.

Teleport isn't underrated in my opinion because of it's VERY long cooldown (longer than flash), and because it is really difficult to make a perfect teleport. It's really easy to have a sub-optimal teleport, not to mention you should theoretically lose your lanes because of no ignite/exhaust. Teleport ganks are super telegraphed and can be interrupted as well, it takes a pretty specific situation for a TP gank to work as intended.

Also CLG wins or goes even in their lanes even without ignite pressure, it's really impressive. I did think Dignitas would win yesterday but I was rooting for CLG. But I didn't expect the Dig poke comp! That was also brilliant in its own regard, although maybe I give them more credit than they actually deserve =P
Whoa, that's really cool about support cs I didn't know that. But still, it's not that it's a bad concept of a spell, it's just that the spell has ****ty stats. Really long cooldown, and the minion does not seem remotely strong enough to be that impactful (seems like it gets melted pretty easily, except when they used it against zyra in mid which did impact that lane really early). It's just not even half as impactful as a single teleport in a split pushing strat imo. And overall, there's just no way I can see it being better than having another exhaust in a team fight or hell, a second smite on the team for CJ or objective securing/stealing.

It's not all about ganking with teleport. You could just roam and gank and then TP back to lane without missing any significant farm, and that doesn't require any excess coordination than normal (I think the excuses about coordination in the first place are pretty lame, even in solo queue). The other thing is with like 3 of them on one team the back door threat becomes crazy crippling and you kinda end up needing to carry at least one TP on your side as well to deal with it.

If TP was used more frequently I think people in solo queue would react to it just fine it's not that complicated to communicate. I mean, Shen is permabanned for a very similar spell.

Edit - So glad CLG won btw. Shameless DLift fanboy right hurr

Top Bottom