• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

D

Deleted member

Learn your supports.

Some of what you said is right, some of what you said is wrong. The idea that leona is a better substitute for taric is completely wrongheaded however, they synergize very different because of their differing power curve.
do you have a pdf/ppt version of that? (or something else I can save to my pc)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
youre really bad at this game
coming from

you cant really beat a taric graves lane unless theyre really bad.

if you get out of laning though and are even with them, then you win. taric is actually a pretty bad champion. leona much better and does pretty much the same thing in laning.

also:

jax nunu orianna hecarim draven/corki/sivir. i think this is the best team comp in the game. strong lanes with very few counters and insane teamfights at every stage of the game.

also can i add some of you? im new here, in game name is "refreshing oj" thx
lol'd hard

don't know why people make accounts on this site for the sole purpose of coming in and making douchebags out of themselves

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
youre really bad at this game
I'm not particularly good, but it isn't my work.

I took this from you explicitly saying you're kind of new, you are after all a level 25 account. I don't understand where you get off on acting like this when you're pretty much brand new to the game.

do you have a pdf/ppt version of that? (or something else I can save to my pc)
You can just save it from google docs, click on the options button and save as a pdf.

I lol'd at Nautilus, Jarven, and Maokai

Quite happy i'm seeing that i thought of a lot of the ideas on the powerpoint on my own when it comes to masteries and runes. I am so trying the doran shield strat.
Sort of been running a modified version for taric, full armor runes with ninja tabi rush, good lane dominance but falls off if you can't get ahead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There is like a 95% chance it's actually an old poster's smurf, and he's at like 2k elo (even though it's by whoring OP/faceroll solo queue champs, and not because he's good!)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
There is like a 95% chance it's actually an old poster's smurf, and he's at like 2k elo (even though it's by whoring OP/faceroll solo queue champs, and not because he's good!)
Possibly, but even if so that means he's well behind how the game changed since then.

Also, I very much doubt he can compete with spellsy's credibility on this, just saying.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
But at the same time adumbro you have a tendency to just speak as an authority on a number of subjects that you're either clueless on or just referencing some top player whos opinions greatly vary week to week.

The cycle continues!

:phone:

Player-3

Smash Hero
guys i have trouble doing double golems when i am playing ad carry or support can someone please explain how to do this please i keep taking alot of dmg

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
When someone has registered within the week and their only posts are in this thread, that's most likely the case!

I wonder who it could be this time...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Or its safe haven hurr durr

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But at the same time adumbro you have a tendency to just speak as an authority on a number of subjects that you're either clueless on or just referencing some top player whos opinions greatly vary week to week.

The cycle continues!

Well the game sort of literally changes from week to week lol.

I do relatively often preface with that I'm a middling level player, but there are some things that are just really basic character design. I just reference people because it gives credibility (mostly cause I'm too lazy to crunch numbers).

Coney

Smash Master
did my playout game with them

did pretty well, but so did the other guy

he went ahri, 7-2-3

i went TF, 10-4-5

i had a reaaaalalallally good triple kill play at the end though that turned a possible throw into a won game

REALLY hoping i get the spot!!!!

Well the game sort of literally changes from week to week lol.

I do relatively often preface with that I'm a middling level player, but there are some things that are just really basic character design. I just reference people because it gives credibility (mostly cause I'm too lazy to crunch numbers).
youre not mid level. youre low level.

spellsy doesnt know how to play leona. you could also give that site to any other top support and they would have problems with it too.

oh and our team beat spelly in scrims sooooo

and when everyone else in solo queue is playing faceroll solo queue champs then its not really an accomplishment cause high solo queue elo doesnt mean anything.

basically im right because thats how the game works, not because of anyones elo, so who cares about that?

stop giving advice
edit. my gamer tag is refreshing oj. pls address me as that, or "oj," or "hood rat." i respond to all

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
youre not mid level. youre low level.

spellsy doesnt know how to play leona. you could also give that site to any other top support and they would have problems with it too.

oh and our team beat spelly in scrims sooooo

and when everyone else in solo queue is playing faceroll solo queue champs then its not really an accomplishment cause high solo queue elo doesnt mean anything.

basically im right because thats how the game works, not because of anyones elo, so who cares about that?

stop giving advice
edit. my gamer tag is refreshing oj. pls address me as that, or "oj," or "hood rat." i respond to all
kk

So you're just a d**k with an inflated sense of self-importance cause you are or were good at a video game. I suspect the answer is "were".

Yea, I don't really care what you think of me or what you have to say.

Also I'm LAZY, get it right.

kk

So you're just a d**k with an inflated sense of self-importance cause you are or were good at a video game. I suspect the answer is "were".

Yea, I don't really care what you think of me or what you have to say.

Also I'm LAZY, get it right.
im not a ****, im a very straightforward person who cares about this game.

and we beat him in a scrim 2 weeks ago, right before i quit my team. and im still bad at this game, i just understand certain parts very well.

you may or may not be lazy, it doesnt matter. stop giving bad advice, thats all i care about (aka stop giving advice until u finaly realize what youre talking about). #leagueofdrama

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wait, is Astronautilus out yet? I just went him and it showed his skin, but can you actually get it yet?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Ah this OJ, so refreshing

So just the other day I found out that flat armor/magic pen is not the same as percentage pen, wtf how do these things escape me

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ah this OJ, so refreshing

So just the other day I found out that flat armor/magic pen is not the same as percentage pen, wtf how do these things escape me
Flat pen can lead to true damage, % never does.

Flat armor pen is great low levels (i think the armor for when % is better is around 120 armor, essentially 1 armor item + lots of levels)

Spell pen can wreck noobs so hard, especially ap per level blue noobs. Because of how much MR people nowadays get, abyssal is so strong right now. Also why haunting guise is seeing more action

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
MR is too strong to not use

Though my word usage coulda been better.

The MR is meant when you are laning against magic damage. So if you are like top lane against a physical bruiser and want to go ap blues then whatever. (or against talon mid or some other Physical mid)

if even amount of hits happen, MR blues out trade AP blues

bassem6

Smash Lord
Refreshing oj in da house. Its like dphat and johnny had a baby. We have 3 people who make this thread more interesting to read through now :)

When is the usa dream team 1992 going to fkin play?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I run AP per LVL blues AND yellows on a certain AP rune page, cause I go Deep Space 9

Leacero

Smash Lord
I run AP per LVL blues AND yellows on a certain AP rune page, cause I go Deep Space 9
I still run mana regen yellows because I'm old fashioned.

Refreshing oj in da house. Its like dphat and johnny had a baby. We have 3 people who make this thread more interesting to read through now :)

When is the usa dream team 1992 going to fkin play?
WHEN YOU GUYS SETTLE ON A TIME AND ACTUALLY BE THERE FOR ONCE.

Top Bottom