• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
bot lanes run exhaust all the time though

mid lanes dont need exhaust because duels rely on burst to kill the opponent, hence ignite

@okuser

D

Deleted member

it is so invaluable 2v2 in bot lane when both people go all in, how is it not "powerful". Considering all in battles bot are burst fests how is mitigating a lot of the damage in those few seconds bad

ignite is valuable indeed but double ignite BOT is not good

heal is OK but not as useful as exhaust 2v2 IMO

How is it not a "powerful" laning summoner rofl

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
UPDATED CHO BUILD:

boots+ 3 red pots

2 dorans/ kages

ABYSSAL

IF UR TEAM NEEDS BIG DAMAGE GO DEATHCAP

IF U WANT TO KILL 1 GUY GET DFG

BUILD TANKY DEPENDING ON WHEN YOUR TEAM NEEDS IT, IF YOU GET POOPED EARLY THEN JUST GO STRAIGHT TANK
==

also, building dorans rings may not be the best way to go about it, catalyst might be better than dorans but it takes a while to become aggressive in lane which i prefer, and i hate RoA compared to abyssal

==

GOING 3 GP5 IS NOT VERY GOOD UNLESS 100% UR IN A FARM LANE.
Best runes/masteries for him :bee:?
Just bought Cho, intend to practice him a lot as I need more reliable tanky top laners/junglers
Bought Amumu for the same reason

Okuser

Smash Ace
dear god why are yall nitpicking this ****ing exhaust laning ****. all I said was it isn't as powerful in lane as ignite is. that is a ****ing fact. case closed. move along.

bassem6

Smash Lord
dear god why are yall nitpicking this ****ing exhaust laning ****. all I said was it isn't as powerful in lane as ignite is. that is a ****ing fact. case closed. move along.
technically only johnny was nitpicking. And I kind of agree with him in that it is just as useful as ignite in 2v2 lanes. I would like to see some team run 5 exhausts and see how effective sacrificing kill power (no ignite) for better teamfights would be :smirk:

D

Deleted member

yea man that's why top laners and mid laners are running flash +exhaust every game instead of flash + ignite.

Nobodies saying it doesn't come in handy during the laning phase, obviously it does. but it's real use is in teamfights/ skirmishes and mid-late game, where an AD carry losing 3 seconds of autoattacks can mean the difference between winning the game and losing.
i was talking about bot lane since bot lane 95% of the time uses exhaust

THOUGHT U WOULD KNOW

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Is anyone here wanna play in my premade(s) for a bit? We need a fifth so badly that can use skype :(((((((

We just do normal drafts and have fun btw, we're not super serious.

D

Deleted member

if u want instant win purple side top as chogath vs bruisers

go all ap/ atk speed runes, start cloth 5 do double golems then poop on them when you both engage

==

im not sure if its as good blue side though

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
No i bought the $15 3mo personal one just to try it :)

EDIT: also 100% crit and double PD varus is best fun ever
Zac,

Have you looked into that post I think on Reddit that based on the math getting IE > LW is better than going IE > PD on most AD champs save Kog'Maw, Vayne, and Corki due to their passives or W's. Unfortunately I can't find the original thread though :(

This obviously ignores the utility of PD though and I'm assuming getting a lucky string of crits. Are there situations where you tend to go LW before PD even before seeing a lot of armor on the other team?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok I need advice badly.

Im currently sitting at around 900 ELO.

Thing is I more often than not win my lane well and always focus the right people in teamfights but I just can't carry game hard enough.

I started ranked life to early I feel and lost a LOT of my 1st games.

I think I was 2-8 when I got my rating.

What can I do to make more of an impact on my games?

Will I possibly have more luck in season 3 since Ill be back at 1200?

I play any role BTW but I feel my best is Top/Mid/Support.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Ok I need advice badly.

Thing is I more often than not win my lane well and always focus the right people in teamfights but I just can't carry game hard enough.

I think I was 2-8 when I got my rating.

I play any role BTW but I feel my best is Top/Mid/Support.
Go mid every game and get decent at Orianna. People at that elo cannot handle the punishment she gives for mistakes in positioning and the general pressure she puts on the lane, and she can help immensely in team fights and chasing people down. I once helped my friend get from 1100 to 1250 elo by winning 11 straight Orianna games

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
How happy does it make you that AZUBU Frost is running lux mid and doing very well? (As of right now)
Not very, since if it becomes popular I'm going to have to deal with even more bad Lux players 24/7 because they'll think they can be good with her too

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Im at 1100 ELO atm and the only character I do well with 100 percent of the time is Soraka support.

What can I do to carry better in solo queue? My friends won't duo with me because they hate ranked.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac,

Have you looked into that post I think on Reddit that based on the math getting IE > LW is better than going IE > PD on most AD champs save Kog'Maw, Vayne, and Corki due to their passives or W's. Unfortunately I can't find the original thread though :(

This obviously ignores the utility of PD though and I'm assuming getting a lucky string of crits. Are there situations where you tend to go LW before PD even before seeing a lot of armor on the other team?
No I havent seen anything. I just wanted to buy double IE to troll my team cause I was so far ahead... and wanted 100% crit :)

The thing with getting LW early is, well, kinda reasonable. Assuming your top is physical based and you as an AD carry are doing well, you can expect armor to appear on your enemies soon. In such a case you know LW can be effective. I haven't run calculations, obviously, but there ya go.

The trick is, your third big item as an AD carry should probably be something defensive, like GA or QSS. You've hit the point in the game where team fights are really important, and consequently it's really important you survive. If you start with IE and grab PD, then you wont be getting LW til after GA/QSS... which is a long time, especially if they have armor. So maybe LW is good early? On the other hand, PD gives you survivability and more dmg (especially for vayne/kog). So one could argue for that as well.

I think it's highly dependent on opposing comp and opposing item choices, but PD is always a safe pick.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Do better. Preferably not as support.

Very few teams, even there, are too heavy. That won't stop them from being really heavy.

Carry and Mid are probably the strongest positions, but only if you can play the roles (I assume nothing if you are 1100). As the carry, you have to be able to position and focus. Most enemy teams at that level won't focus correctly until it is too late. However, if you play top timidly and don't get the auto attacks that you have to be putting out in team fights, it's impossible to carry as AD. Learn to CS, learn to team fight. This, despite being a simple role, is probably the most ****ed up at that level.

As mid, you have to win hard or be playing someone who scales like a mother ****er and win anyway (crush them in CS with someone like Karthus and I'm not talking Veigar). You can't be outplayed and you have to be aware of your opponent's jungler because getting gabled can turn the tide too far. It's imperative to be ahead so that it's easier to go and help other lanes. The mid is extrememly strong and many teams are not aware enough to deal with you roaming with your level advantage. If there is action in bot lane, you should be en route to pick up the pieces if it goes sour or, preferably, turn it around.

In general, WARD THE DAMN MAP! No one's gonna do it for you and if you ***** about wards no one will listen. Remind people, ask for specific places to be warded by specific people and by a ward every single time you go back. The ward is more important than that sixth slot blue crystal.

Past that, take charge. You win a team fight at bottom? Do dragon (another major reason that mid and bot are powerful is Dragon). Late game you see two people show up bottom? Make the baron call immediately. Your team going to do something stupid or is that Pantheon trying to make a call you don't like? Retreat ping like a mad man and prove that you won't be a part of his suicide run next time. This means your calls must be better than there's though, as being a coward at the wrong time is just as likely to throw the game.

Last thing for now, have an effect everywhere. Mid should roam at 1100 in most scenarios. No matter how far you are (past bottom to top lane situations in laning phase, but not the reverse necessarily) go to where the action is. Better you get there late and be unable to do anything and have to retreat than to miss an opportunity to pick up a double and win the fight. I swear it doesn't take as long as you think to get there. If you carry, go mid or top when you take bot tower or maybe before. Take your support and jungler and go take their blue when it's up. Force down mid before they can repond, but be the first team to group up and stay grouped thereafter, even if that means following your Morgana to mid when she just wants to farm and turning it into a siege.

More later (wrt support especially), but I hope that helps, Krys.

:phone:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

See my previous post, but I know the feel. I started season 2 all wrong and played my way to 700. I quit playing rated altogether until I was significantly better (shout outs to being shouted at Kevmo). I am at 1100 now having started playing ranked again. Even getting better, I am bad. You are bad. There are people at 900 better than you (you won't see them in every game, but they will exist). Be humble, be supportive. Don't necessarily play support as first pick if your last man wants to carry.

Don't take a loss badly. It happens. Treat it like a hand in a card game. Sometimes you get dealt **** and God decides you are going to lose. Sometimes you lose two in a row. Never lose three in a row. Assume something is up with your play personally and take a break. But even then, never let it get to you.

The usual suspects in this thread telling me if I'm way off base (or off base at all) would be nice. I'm not trying to steal second, so I get nothing from being far enough away to get thrown out. Further help in explaining this would be nice.

:phone:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I will post on this when I get home but for now just learn Skarner and jungle skarner

ez pz wins that make Dphat look pro <3..

But yeah when I get home if this isn't answered I'll talk about it

Top Bottom