• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Okuser

Smash Ace
Yea I've been playing a bit of jayce today. I just build him straight AD, like you would with Kayle.

you can throw E down in front of you and switch forms for mobility around the map

throw down your combos in one form then switch to the other form and blow all those cooldowns for maximum trading, basically.

My opinion is that he is very under powered played as an AD carry. His 500 range + no escape means that he is the most unsafe carry in the game (not counting twitch). And hanging in the back with him and poking doesn't do much for the team because his Q is high CD and doesn't do much too much damage, especially without E.

Maybe someone will find a way to fit him in the meta but I don't see it. His laning is good vs some champions but tanky bruisers/ ppl w/ gap closers **** him because of the range. He can do good in some situations botlane too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Are there any serious Orianna players here that noticed anything from her changes in this patch? Think she's better or worse?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Although I haven't played new Orianna, my theorycrafting says she's worse because her poke essentially costs 50 more mana (instead of Q poke, it's now Q>W).

Also merc treads, wriggle's, wit's end, triforce jayce np.
I wonder if Ionic Spark could be a decent Wit's End alternative, build Maw if you need more MR.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
just saw my first good Jayce. he did ~tons of burst damage~ to my sweet support nunu, and he only had the following items: wit's end, berserker's greaves, mana crystal. What.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Jayce is probably OP. Ridiculous base damage on everything with aoe, pokes, buffs, cc, and an 8 spell combo.

Tried cloth + pots on jungle Jayce. 3:30 clear which is pretty good with ridiculously strong ganks. He's a strong duelist with no mana problems whatsoever because he has a Taric passive.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Jayce is probably OP. Ridiculous base damage on everything with aoe, pokes, buffs, cc, and an 8 spell combo.

Tried cloth + pots on jungle Jayce. 3:30 clear which is pretty good with ridiculously strong ganks. He's a strong duelist with no mana problems whatsoever because he has a Taric passive.
Oh man those no hard cc ganks from the jungler TOO RIDICULOUS LMFAO.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Oh man those no hard cc ganks from the jungler TOO RIDICULOUS LMFAO.
Lee Sin did pretty well with just a slow and a knockback as well. He's fallen a bit due to... well... you know... Nautilus running train on everything, but Jayce's ganks are AIGHT.

Kira-

Smash Champion
looking for duo q partner

the smurf i inherited is at 1589 and its taking awhile to climb

requirements:

- convince me you are better than your current elo (for example you were 1800 and u fell to 1650 or its your smurf account too)

- have to put up with my lack of champions and rune sets

- have to put up with the fact that i probably wont be jungling (my best role) unless its someone i dont jungle often that i want to practice

- if i find out ur not that good i'll probably go it alone no hard feelings

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Jayce has a 30% 2 second slow at rank 1, which is also a leap, and he has a knockback that does flat damage plus % of target's maximum hp. sounds pretty strong to me

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
He also has a mobile aoe like Mundo. Run wraiths -> red and you clear at 3:15 btw. That's really good.

Obviously no one is as good a jungle as Nautilus or Alistar, but that's why you have bans ;)

Nashun

Smash Ace
looking for duo q partner

the smurf i inherited is at 1589 and its taking awhile to climb

requirements:

- convince me you are better than your current elo (for example you were 1800 and u fell to 1650 or its your smurf account too)

- have to put up with my lack of champions and rune sets

- have to put up with the fact that i probably wont be jungling (my best role) unless its someone i dont jungle often that i want to practice

- if i find out ur not that good i'll probably go it alone no hard feelings
pick me pick me

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Jesus, are you two 5?

Seriously, that was like the most immature response to somebody disagreeing with you ever, and dphat's subsequent side of the convo isn't much better. Knock it off folks

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Jayce is so ****ing cool, holy ****. I still suck with him, but he's fun as hell.

Absolutely dump on lane as Pantheon, go legendary, ult into other lanes, get them kills, lose game by being able to do nothing late game.

wtf Mogwai how do I carry as this guy?
sit back and HSS their team when they try to commit. don't dive carries.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Rushing chalice mid is unnecessary on most casters. You would be better off with dorans into rabadons or ROA or rylais, something that will help your mid game. The only mids I would consider athenes on would be like anivia, swain, maybe galio?
idk man. Chalice -> deathcap -> Rylais -> Grail Orianna has been putting in the work for me lately. she's pretty much the only AP character I build that on tho (don't play Anivia or Swain although I'm tryna learn swain its just hard as ****)

Are there any serious Orianna players here that noticed anything from her changes in this patch? Think she's better or worse?
my first 2 games I didn't do so hot with new Ori because I went back to level W in lane. but its kind of not worth it until you start building some AP anyway so the third game I went back to QWQEQR -> R>W>Q>E and I got a quadra in that game (but still lost =[)

so yeah the damage on Q has been nerfed but I see no reason to not level Q in lane until 6 still. you definitely won't be running out of Mana in lane nearly as fast as you do if you try to Q->W harass all the time.

I feel like Riot was trying to make her a burst champ with these changes. idk.

Coney

Smash Master
I think Jayce is really good, he's got too much utility to really be bad.

But

He feels comparatively weaker than most tops. Like, if I'm ****** and 4-1 Jayce, I feel about as strong as 2-1 any really strong top (Lee, Riven, Jax, etc). But he's got so much Goddamn utility with AOE slow, knockback, acceleration gate, really nice poke move, it seems like it's worth the trade.

Seems closest to a top lane Orianna, I guess.

I ****ing love the fact that he basically has free trades with hammer transition > Q > E knockback away > cannon transition run away, and if they try to chase to trade you can E > Q

Seems hella annoying

Player-3

Smash Hero
it seems like his W in hammer form does like nothing if you don't build ap after a while is my only problem it feels like a waste of mana

Coney

Smash Master
At least you get a kinda cool passive I guess

Though I don't know why you'd ever use it, seems like the optimal way to play him is to stay in cannon form until you get an opening, then transition and go HAM

Is it worth levelling W at all? seems like alternating Q and E are wayyy better

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think Ori is better with the changes.
I haven't really played her too much since she was hella strong at release, but I do like the changes overall. I've been leveling R>W>E>Q in my games as her, giving a ton of utility. Not too sure if I like E over Q, because getting Q down to a three second CD is pretty damn sick, but I do really love getting that shield and resistances big midgame. Getting to shield for like 300 in a midgame dragon fight and give 30 MR and armor is really good.

The thing I like most is the change to putting the ball on allies. That extra 100 range on the ball's leash is so nice, especially on champs like Amumu who can close distances really quickly. Plus the extra range on E itself is very nice.

Kira-

Smash Champion
ori is stronger atm imo
I feel like she got nerfed

They put the higher damage and AP ratio on the moves that come off cd less often..

aka they took a lot of damage away from the move she uses twice as often

E range is nice, global spell cd is nice

Passive makes no difference as its still easy to last hit with it and that's the most important part

but Q missle speed nerf when it's already one of the harder skillshots to hit, plus slower ult cast time... idk man her Q just hits so soft i hate it

and she was one of the most fun champions in the game with a very unique niche. really lame they are trying to make her more bursty like the rest of the casters instead of her supporty/consistent damage role. And it's not like anyone thought she was OP, or that she was fotm or anything, i really don't understand the changes at all

oh yea and i wouldn't level w because it's only the ratio that got buffed. the ratio stays the same at all ranks so i would still level Q for cd

Top Bottom