• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
and I understand OMGUS now, but how can it hint towards scum when it could simply be a town trying to get through D1?
OMGUS is basically a waste to the town and a valid scum strategy. Surviving through Day 1 is not your prerogative if you are town; the town winning will result in you winning regardless. Now, with Day 1 this gets hairy, but say you are lynched Day 2 on a powerful argument by one person. You flip town, and Day 3 will likely be rooted around assessing your argument with that purpose. If it was loaded with OMGUS and retaliatory comments, then you could be seen as a desperate scum trying to mount a majority against your attacker. If it's rooted in logic and rarely getting retaliatory, other than using that person's posts to discredit them, then the town is more likely to sympathize with you and investigate your attacker.

The point is OMGUS NEVER wins games for the town. It's more of a circle jerk than anything else that wastes Day time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ck its also a classic newbie town pr tell and not just a classic newbie scumtell

i really, really need to study for tomorrow morning so im going to get off aim/msn/swf and do exactly that. ill reword my question later if you seriously dont understand it but its not that important anymore.

unvote

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Focusing on Kaylo/Hylian: why them two? A LOT of people have been coasting since the game started, so because these two posted very little that is enough for you want to bandwagon Hylian? Your criteria makes sense in hindsight, but I think a random vote on Kaylo would have been just as fruitful as Hylian. Think about it this way: my vote (and yours) on Hylian got him posting more. Had you put pressure on Kaylo, the same may have been achieved.
You told me to post my top 3, but I can't possibly have solid evidence for any of them. I gave my feelings I have towards them, those feelings could be nothing more than "hmm, I'm gonna take a lucky guess here and say that the random generator spotted them as mafia". There's not many people playing at this point other than those 3 anyway.

So, my question is this, you placed them two above Tom. Other than retaliation voting, or OMGUS, why not vote for either of them this time?
They weren't necessarily in order of priority, note the "After thinking it through some more" made me switch my vote to Tom.
I am trying to figure out where you are standing, Steel. Your little role drop is a classic newbie scumtell: when you are pressured, toss off that you may be a very viable power role. You even mentioned KEY town role. That isn't good for town at all if true.
I can see now how that could be a problem, but perhaps I got carried away when trying to sound convincing.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Guys, I honestly don't know how much time I'll have playing this game. I know McFox is in here now so maybe he can replace me?

Apologies, folks :(

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Vote: Virg

Being too busy by having a life is his most bogus story yet.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Tom, study or be modkilled! ):<

Contacted him.

Also I can assure you all that the roles were assigned using random.org. Which was a ***** because it literally kept picking 16 over and over in order to drive me mad.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Hahaha, this is what I get for just using that little "1 to 16" thing on the main page.
So much wasted time.

/modkill Tom for not studying.

ChiboSempai
is replacing Virgilijus!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
BowserKing, Serin, Hilt: do you understand the game? do you have any questions you need to ask? are you suspicious of anyone right now?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I was going to replace in, but I'm leaving for a week soon and wouldn't have access. So, I'll just say good luck to _______ [insert your team there]!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
I was going to replace in, but I'm leaving for a week soon and wouldn't have access. So, I'll just say good luck to _______ [insert your team there]!
If a replacement is needed when around the time you get back, I'll be sure to contact you first.

Also, I have done my best to talk to all of the new players so far and make sure to answer any game mechanics questions they had to the extent I felt necessary to help them but not reveal anything. :p

They've all been encouraged to participate and have been encouraged to keep up!

Remember, if anyone has questions I will answer them (as long as it is non-important to the game itself and a mechanics thing!).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you have a question about the game, it would probably be SO MUCH BETTER if you asked it to the other players and not in private to the game moderator!! Unless it has to do with your role, asking questions of the other players is a great way to let everyone know that you're really interested in playing, having fun, and maybe even winning. It also gives you a nice foothold to get a grasp on this game that we're currently playing. Carving your own little spot in the discussion is important because it establishes an identity. Or else, we may all think you're just lurking and therefore scum!

Asking questions and getting simple answers, or bringing up discussion that might not even be agreeable, is WAY better than not talking at all! Someone town-aligned might shoot you at night for never talking!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
If you have a question about the game, it would probably be SO MUCH BETTER if you asked it to the other players and not in private to the game moderator!! Unless it has to do with your role, asking questions of the other players is a great way to let everyone know that you're really interested in playing, having fun, and maybe even winning. It also gives you a nice foothold to get a grasp on this game that we're currently playing. Carving your own little spot in the discussion is important because it establishes an identity. Or else, we may all think you're just lurking and therefore scum!

Asking questions and getting simple answers, or bringing up discussion that might not even be agreeable, is WAY better than not talking at all! Someone town-aligned might shoot you at night for never talking!
Yes this too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, seems lurking is basically all I've done so far, haha. I've just been watching the conversation, trying to keep up before I decide on where to put my vote, it's not that I don't understand the rules. I can see this causing suspicion towards those of us that lurk, though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh snap I had to unvote before I rode the vyse train.

Unvote
Vote Vyse

Choo CHoo
burn that dank ass coal son

I understand the rules, I just wanted to wait a bit before voting.
thats good. understandable. if you had to vote someone right now, who do you think you would pick? or if you can't pick one person, do you think you'd pick someone who said something that tipped you off, or someone who hasn't done anything at all, or what? just curious to your baseline opinion.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I actually think Steel is town aligned.
Mind elaborating? My vote is more or less a pressure vote following his quick jump to Hylian. Currently, he will be lynched if they day is as we are.

Vsye is my second choice after his ridiculous name dropping. Part of me is pretty sure it was intentional to appear like town.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
thats good. understandable. if you had to vote someone right now, who do you think you would pick? or if you can't pick one person, do you think you'd pick someone who said something that tipped you off, or someone who hasn't done anything at all, or what? just curious to your baseline opinion.
So far I'm not sure who I would vote. However, I would probably vote someone who said something that would bother me like quickly changing opinions for no apparent reason.

So far I have some suspicions but I'm not ready to vote right now.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I sam too excited about about fine ding a way to chalk regularly.

I chill toast my my suspicions later.

unvote: Crimson King

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's quickly becoming clear that we aren't going to have a solid lynch, and I don't like the day to end with just a lot of votes. Now, do we want to look at lynching an inactive? It's a gamble at hitting someone, but I'd rather do that than no lynch.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Yup, I'm ready to play, and I get the general idea of the game, I just don't really know how to start off per se lol. This is the first mafia game I've done.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Eeee, after reading what's gone on since I last posted, there are a few people I suspect now that I didn't suspect before.... but even though I think a few of the pot-stirrers are mafia, any additional info right now is good for the town as well, imo.

@Omni: Take it easy, lol, 'cause it's not hard to understand you at all even with your restriction.

@CK: Going for inactives this early seems like it might benefit mafia more than it'll benefit town since we'll probably end up hitting town. Inactive people still have plenty of time to become active before the Day ends and Night starts.

@Tom: I'm accusing you of nothing for the moment, but why are you so quick to ask for everyone's reasoning behind everything? I understand that you want to get people talking and possibly reveal some hidden intentions, but everybody's getting the third degree from you. x.x

@Xiivi: Can we get the Day 1 deadline in the thread title so we have a constant reminder of how long it is 'til Night hits?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

@CK: Going for inactives this early seems like it might benefit mafia more than it'll benefit town since we'll probably end up hitting town. Inactive people still have plenty of time to become active before the Day ends and Night starts.
Inactives are more than likely Mafia players who are coasting. In Assassins in the Castle, Ignatius won the game after posting maybe once or twice then claiming to be busy, when he was really coasting. I don't think we should hunt the inactives now, but we should start prodding the people who aren't actively playing.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

@Tom: I'm accusing you of nothing for the moment, but why are you so quick to ask for everyone's reasoning behind everything? I understand that you want to get people talking and possibly reveal some hidden intentions, but everybody's getting the third degree from you. x.x
How is this wrong? I'm not ready to push Tom yet, but when the time comes, I think we all need to take this approach. By not grilling everyone, we are letting things go, and moves like Steel voting with me based on nothing would go unquestioned.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
How is this wrong? I'm not ready to push Tom yet, but when the time comes, I think we all need to take this approach. By not grilling everyone, we are letting things go, and moves like Steel voting with me based on nothing would go unquestioned.
Uh, right, but if you re-read, you'll notice that I said I wasn't accusing him of anything wrong. I just think that he needs to personally explain his reasoning for things too since he expects the same from everyone else.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Tom is clearly too worried about how people are voting, almost trying to control the vote to make sure it appeases his "group." A towns person would have no idea who is where and shouldn't worry as much.

Vote: Tom

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I'm not all down to lynch inactives this time.
In Disney Mafia we lynched Skyler and he was town and yeah..

I think we should just try and look for more slip ups and if/when someone slips up we penetrate them and kill them.

Omni

BRoomer
It fish a a horrible idea to wench inactives.
FAILchion and Skyler her both both equally as inactive yet they her both different alignments in Disney Mafia.
I ray we we wench off Tom or CK. Preferably CK, but I wood bee fine fine with Tom as well.

Omni

BRoomer
So I si you you bar Goldeen to keepsake rain ding the same argument over and over again. You diddy note helpers the situation with Disney Mafia at all, and you hadouken two chances chances.

Crybaby me a river river. Vote: Crimson King

All a chord the Crimson King train train!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I think that's a loaded question. Why am I so quick to ask for everyone's reasoning behind what they do? Spin that around for a second, Kaylo. Shouldn't everyone be completely upfront with their reasoning? Should I even have to ask for someone's reasoning behind something? Doing something without saying why is suspicious.

But I don't even think that's a fair assessment of what I'm doing. I'm simply asking everyone questions and grilling people in turn.

Tom is clearly too worried about how people are voting, almost trying to control the vote to make sure it appeases his "group." A towns person would have no idea who is where and shouldn't worry as much.

Vote: Tom
Interesting. Chibo, can you show me examples of where I am "too worried about how people are voting?" Also, assuming that you can back up what you accused me of, is there anything scummy (aka: mafia-like) about wanting to know why people are voting a certain way? Also, how can I control the vote?

You say that "a towns person would have no idea who is where and shouldn't worry as much." The first is correct. A townie does not know who is town and who is mafia. The second is not correct. Why should a townie not want to know reasoning behind other players movements? In fact, isn't it telling of a townsperson to be questioning everyone elses' movements, because he cannot implicitly trust them?

Also, humor me: what would happen in a situation where everyone was doing exactly what I'm doing, Chibo? What would happen if everyone was grilling each other, looking for patterns, prodding other players, or asking for vote reasoning?

I'm very interested in your responses.

I ray we we wench off Tom or CK. Preferably CK, but I wood bee fine fine with Tom as well.
Omni, why would you be fine with CK or my lynch? I understand you have a posting restriction, but this does not seem characteristic of either a pro-town attitude or an Omni attitude. Why would you want to lynch one of two people who are actively discussing things?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Interesting. Chibo, can you show me examples of where I am "too worried about how people are voting?" Also, assuming that you can back up what you accused me of, is there anything scummy (aka: mafia-like) about wanting to know why people are voting a certain way? Also, how can I control the vote?

You say that "a towns person would have no idea who is where and shouldn't worry as much." The first is correct. A townie does not know who is town and who is mafia. The second is not correct. Why should a townie not want to know reasoning behind other players movements? In fact, isn't it telling of a townsperson to be questioning everyone elses' movements, because he cannot implicitly trust them?

Also, humor me: what would happen in a situation where everyone was doing exactly what I'm doing, Chibo? What would happen if everyone was grilling each other, looking for patterns, prodding other players, or asking for vote reasoning?

I'm very interested in your responses.
You were quick to vote Hylian right off the bat. The only reason you provided was that he's mafia. Obviously we're all out to get the mafia at this point in time (those of us who aren't mafia at least, but mafia members are still townspeople to everyone else). The short concise response was interesting. Sure it's a pretty random point in time where anyone's guess is as good as another, however even as much of a joke it was, your reasoning was straight to the point. No details for people to fuss over. My guess is that you want people to believe Hylain is mafia regardless to cast suspicion off of you. There was no public display of analysis behind your vote.

However -- perhaps you already planned this all ahead of time and are pulling out a little reverse psychology on us.

Despite putting no public thought behind your vote, you were quick to criticize others such as Steel's first response to Kevin, and we're the only one to mock Vyse's extremely random method of voting lol. Some of the comments on Steel voting with CK we're also quite interesting.

Reading over the pages again I suppose I just find it quite odd that you are quick to question and debate with others on how they voted yet you provide the most straight reasoning for your own vote in a simple 2 words.

I'll keep my vote the same for now. Unless that is you can prove to me that you aren't in the mafia.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You were quick to vote Hylian right off the bat. The only reason you provided was that he's mafia. Obviously we're all out to get the mafia at this point in time (those of us who aren't mafia at least, but mafia members are still townspeople to everyone else). The short concise response was interesting. Sure it's a pretty random point in time where anyone's guess is as good as another, however even as much of a joke it was, your reasoning was straight to the point. No details for people to fuss over. My guess is that you want people to believe Hylain is mafia regardless to cast suspicion off of you. There was no public display of analysis behind your vote.

However -- perhaps you already planned this all ahead of time and are pulling out a little reverse psychology on us.

Despite putting no public thought behind your vote, you were quick to criticize others such as Steel's first response to Kevin, and we're the only one to mock Vyse's extremely random method of voting lol. Some of the comments on Steel voting with CK we're also quite interesting.

Reading over the pages again I suppose I just find it quite odd that you are quick to question and debate with others on how they voted yet you provide the most straight reasoning for your own vote in a simple 2 words.

I'll keep my vote the same for now. Unless that is you can prove to me that you aren't in the mafia.
Is this your first game? If so, read the links Tom provided, paying attention to Random Voting Stage. What Tom did at that point (which didn't even count) was called random voting for a response.

You are trying, so I'll give you that, and I haven't written Tom out off as town yet, but really, this is just a poor excuse. The random phase is meant to pressure people into voting for either someone obviously town (as would be the case with Assassins in the Palace) or a quick bandwagon. With Steel, we got the latter. He was legitimately for a quick, random lynch, which wouldn't benefit us at all.

Now, since I am starting to see the trend, might as well do it:

Tom: the game is loaded with newbies, and that makes you a dangerous player. I believe next most experienced is Kevin, and then me, but you... you have quite the advantage. So, in order to give you your fair shake, who are your top three. You said you were convinced of Steel, which is interesting, so tell us how. So, ball's in your court, playa.

One a side note: not sure if anyone else feels this way, but my character's name in no way correlates with my role. Like even remotely. So, does that really eliminate role/name claims? This was more or less an observation/point of annoyance for me.

Top Bottom