• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ok, I am convinced now that Omni is worthless in Scumhunting, so:

Vote: Omni

Yes, I am willing to face the inevitable "OMGUS?" questions and accusations in order to take out this detriment to the town. Steel was a vote against someone I felt was hiding things (jumping fast onto Hylian for example). Omni is hell-bent on getting me or Tom out of the game, when we are two of the most active posters in this topic. On top of that, I have yet to feel or see any valid scumtells with Tom, and Omni can barely communicate, let alone help out in hunting.

The vote stays until I figure out how Omni is useful, though I have a very deep gnawing fear that mafia won't have a post restriction that sticks out as much as his does.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'm actually very much against lynching Omni for the sole reason Mafia wouldn't have such an obvious post restriction. While he pretty much cost Town the game last time, it takes people to follow his bad orders to screw things up majorly (he's not unlike Hitler, really =p). That said, I don't really know who to vote for yet.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Marc, that is my point on being weary, HOWEVER, wouldn't it be a good idea for the Mafia to either fake a post restriction to appear town or the game mod to give mafia a post restriction to appear town?

Omni isn't trying to help anything at all, other than to oust me for my joke. If he can actually provide SOMETHING for us to use, I'd be all for him staying, but with his ridiculous restriction, his penchant for getting rid of me, and his lack of help, I can't see much reason to keep him around. The question is is he going to help the town or be a detriment?

As for the it takes people to follow bad orders: consider that there were 4 mafia last game out of 16, as well as 2 indies. That's 6 people that can follow him right there. If he could coax two more people, he'd have a majority in votes. That's all he really needed to enact his ideas.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Eee, sorry I've been a little inactive lately, but my family had some big cookouts this weekend for Labor Day and whatnot. I'll read up on what I missed and get back down to business soon.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Omni jumped on me once in a game of mafia for putting a meaningless vote past the joke voting stage. It so happened I was scum then.

I'm not impressed.

FoS: Omni

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Maybe Omnis targeting CK cause he's one of the more 'experienced' members of the game? Just a guess.

I'm actually very much against lynching Omni for the sole reason Mafia wouldn't have such an obvious post restriction.
Thinking of Xiivi's hardly noticable post restriction in Disney Mafia kind of makes me think this, but then again you never know what that sexy man is capapable of.

As far as voting goes Omni and Steel are my main suspects so far. Steel not as much as Omni for obvious reasons. But I want to wait a little before casting a vote since I'm not fully convinced he's mafia just yet.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There are several DGames vets in here, so singling out CK wouldn't be entirely justified by your logic, Air.

Although voting someone because they're good at this game is mind numbingly stupid if you have no clue whether they're town or scum. Lynching off experienced town is a pretty big **** up, which I'm sure everyone here already knows.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well that can be a guise.

That's why I FoS'd him. In any case, his actions are the most anti town I've seen so far.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What the ****?

Omni is making zero sense here, lol.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What the ****?

Omni is making zero sense here, lol.
Exactly, my point. My vote on him is because he's not playing smart or pro-town at all or helping us in anyway. What does Aladdin have to do with me? And why does he vote in nearly every post? This isn't making sense.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
To add, there is always the chance that Omni is an indie, and I have played games where indies had really, really bad post restrictions, for example, Iggy in SWFMafia where he had to have the most posts in a single day. Anyone careful could have caught him in this, but the point should be drawn that post restrictions are not JUST for townies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I have very little experience with this game (I've only got one game under my belt before this), but I did play this a few weeks ago with a guy posting like a spaz like Omni and he was mafia.

But, I'm thinking he's an indie role too from the way he's posting.
Omni, if you can answer one thing, is there any particular reason why most of your posts make you seem like you're drunk when you post or something?

Like this post for example:

Crimson King fish scum scum. Reed through all of his posts so far far. His comments 'R all over the place place.

He inns the RVS phase immediately, and he fast no real direction direction.

We shouldERS lint him him.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
'Drunk' may be the wrong word, but obviously there's gotta be a reason for why his posts are 'unique'. Look through them and you see a pattern of repeating words and misspelt words too.

FoS: Omni

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Bee afraid of things you dole understand understand. -_-

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Omni's posts do look ******** as ****, but i'm not going to point a finger at him yet. I think he has a reason for his actions and don't feel mafia would have such an outright post restriction, though I could maybe see indie.

Course, he could just be faking it, but I haven't seen enough yet.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I agree that Omni has some explaining to do, although we don't want him to do a full roleclaim.

I do not consider him experienced/smart enough to fake a post restriction. Typically Mafia doesn't have a post restriction this severe, because it instantly sets them apart. I think I know who Omni is supposed to be, but we don't have any leads on what kind of characters are in the Mafia (could be random for all we know). I agree there's a slight chance he's independent, in which case it's probably better for him to confess at this point.

Omni, are you independent?

Omni

BRoomer
No, mime Mafia Mafia.

What kind of question fish that that, Marc?

You guys shh hood PAYee less time on me and more with with CK. Lime warming you you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0SO5ACenQM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h0SO5ACenQM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Maybe he's Amy Winehouse or something, only she would be this ****faced drunk/high.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
FoS: Teran

Remember what happened to Mulan in Disney Mafia? We don't openly fish for names/roles.

I think Omni is saying to trust him.

Omni, do you have specific info on CK?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well no I don't remember what happened in Disney Mafia because I wasn't a participant.

Well he can say that all he wants, but the fact of the matter is I don't trust anyone, never mind someone posting like they've had their brain blended.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's typically scumtell (or newbietell) when someone starts guessing the roles of other players. Think about who benefits most from that knowledge...

Also, think game design. If you were the host, would you give Mafia such an obvious and impairing post restriction?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
From what I can tell, with Omni's post restriction comes valuable information, which he says he has. I'm inclined to believe him at this point. If CK does flip something other than Mafia, then we know Omni isn't legit.

Vote: Crimson King

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's typically scumtell (or newbietell) when someone starts guessing the roles of other players. Think about who benefits most from that knowledge...

Also, think game design. If you were the host, would you give Mafia such an obvious and impairing post restriction?
Well go for the latter then, I've never played a game with elaborate roles.

Why not? He can act like a buffoon in the game, and still be perfectly fine in communication with other scum outside the game.

Yep, yep. He fish Mafia Mafia.
Any basis behind this statement?

Omni

BRoomer

You bar dew wing the same thing thing, Marc.

Teran fish metaknight game wing by guest zing roles of other players players.

You are metaknight game wing by guest zing an unknown game design trait.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Drunk people always tell the truth, eh?

Tom, what do you make of this?

There's the possibility that Omni has to get CK lynched in order to win. I've seen a similar role in chat Mafia, but never in an actual game. In that scenario, neither is Mafia. Omni might know something about CK we don't, but I find it hard to believe his role PM gave him such clear info. He might have like a Lie Detector role or something and have already used that power on CK, but that's also quite rare.

I'm unsure about which decision to make, but lynching Omni seems like a poor choice. He might very well be a Jester, although giving a Jester a post restriction makes it quite easy for him (he wins when he gets lynched). I'm also hesitant to lynch CK (experienced player etc), but his pushing for an Omni lynch stands out as suspicious to me.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Metagaming regarding design is useful and typically not a threat to any individual player, while roleguessing is.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What I'm baffled by is why he's communicating his points through Aladdin pictures.

Isn't this Grammys Mafia? :ohwell:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
From what I can tell, with Omni's post restriction comes valuable information, which he says he has. I'm inclined to believe him at this point. If CK does flip something other than Mafia, then we know Omni isn't legit.

Vote: Crimson King
Yeah, agreeing with a guy who is saying "trust me" over and over is a great idea when the person he's targeting is the one who brought you to everyone's attention.

I really have no other arguments since it's Day 1, and we need to lynch someone. While I feel Omni is worthless and useless to the game (and life), I'm will to take the lynch to prove myself.

I will say this: Omni is doing whatever he is for whatever reason, however, Kaylo and Steel seem to be willingly going with him. The question is why? Kaylo voted for me for being to aggressive/voting to soon (both times she said this she voted for me in the same post, so take that for what it's worth), and Steel whose one claim to fame is jumping on my random vote on Hylian for the sake of "quickly lynching someone."

So since I don't think Omni is mafia (and that makes him just as ****ing stupid as last time) I think Kaylo or Steel is scum. Steel seems to have been at least cleared for now, so Kaylo, by process of elimination, why do you think Omni is right.

Vote: Kaylo

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Unvote

Vote: Kaylo

Also, there is a good chance his PM COULD have him targeting me. I mean it's not unheard of for a role in mafia to have a passive ability that says something secret will happen when triggered, and you will be notified. I've seen it happen at least.

Omni

BRoomer
The last two posts word maid by my little brother brother. He wawa chess me clay Mafia Mafia.

Anyway, I **** suede any more about it it. You half to truck me me.

I under Stan if if you dew knot.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Geez even if Omni's not scum or an anti town indie, he's still a complete waste of space.

He's starting to irritate me now.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If CK does flip something other than Mafia, then we know Omni isn't legit.
The reverse can also be said. If Omni flips something other than Mafia, then we know CK isn't legit, and that Omni actually did have some kind of info on him.
However, the way he's going about it now doesn't seem too smart, but perhaps that has something to do with his post restriction as well.
Also the picture Omni's posting is Aladdin as he's saying "Do you trust me?" for those that don't remember >.>

Top Bottom