• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I jam very very limited.

**** thing of another way to Fritolay the the information.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Attention:

At this point, I'm considering everything before this post some sort of ******** confirmation phase where people could vote.

Why?

Because people need to READ their role PMs and READ the rules.

If you made a mistake, it's sliding and you aren't getting modkilled, but I don't want others who have played an honest game drawing conclusions from posts by others not following things.

That means, if you have special instructions in your PM, follow them.
Follow the game rules as well. I'm disappointed someone broke a VERY obvious game rule already.

Also a more non obvious game rule of "Don't ruin the game for others" stands. This is mafia, people are going to try to elicit information/a response from you. These aren't attacks at you personally, so don't feel the need to drag yourself into a flame war, save that for the rest of LoD.

If you don't understand something, ask me. I will answer to the extent I am able to answer.

Anyone not following specific role instructions, breaking game rules, and doing other dumb things to make the game less enjoyable for others will be modkilled.

I am not singling anyone out, but I don't want this game ruined for the people who are playing it honestly and wanting to have a good time with it.

Day 1 begins.
Do not draw any information from posts made before the post I just quoted.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@CK: Butthurt for the fact that I voted against you, much?

I'm town, not mafia. Right or wrong, I voted for you semi-randomly (in RVS, no less) because you're one of the most aggro people at this point, and it doesn't sit well with me. If you're expecting me to roleclaim or something to prove myself, I don't know what to tell you, boo, because I'm not gonna sit here and let you bully me into making myself stand out, especially since I think you're scum.

Tbh, I really dislike the way you're putting so much pressure on me when it's D1, I've done nothing suspicious, and it's not like there's not much I can do to prove my innocence.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Tbh, I really dislike the way you're putting so much pressure on me when it's D1, I've done nothing suspicious, and it's not like there's not much I can do to prove my innocence.***

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
All of this is really confusing...
It's too much to consider on D1 (which I wish didn't go on for another 8 days :( )

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
8 days is the maximum. It'll also end if we lynch.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
4th Official Vote Count:
(2): Crimson King : KayLo!, Omni
(1): §teel : Hylian
(1): Vyse : KevinM
(1): Tom : ChiboSempai
(1): airgemini: §teel
(1): Omni: -Hilt-
(1): KayLo!: Crimson King

(8) Not voting: o-Serin-o, bowser king, airgemini, Teran17, Nya~! :3, Tom, Vyse, Marc

FoS Count:
(2): Omni: Teran17, Vyse
(1): Teran17: Marc

With 16 alive, it takes a vote of 9 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for September 16th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

Rules:

Obvious:
1. Don't edit your posts.
Xsyven will be reverting all edited posts to normal when he's not at work. Pay attention to the rules people, they're on the front page. :/

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
@CK: Butthurt for the fact that I voted against you, much?

I'm town, not mafia. Right or wrong, I voted for you semi-randomly (in RVS, no less) because you're one of the most aggro people at this point, and it doesn't sit well with me. If you're expecting me to roleclaim or something to prove myself, I don't know what to tell you, boo, because I'm not gonna sit here and let you bully me into making myself stand out, especially since I think you're scum.

Tbh, I really dislike the way you're putting so much pressure on me when it's D1, I've done nothing suspicious, and it's not like there's not much I can do to prove my innocence.
Yet again you call me aggressive then go for a personal attack as seen with your first line. Before that you said I voted to fast and voted for me in the same breathe. But, I totally trust you saying you are town and not scum. Scum would NEVER do like that. Especially newbie scum. Never.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@CK: Then keep your vote where it is now?

At a point this early in the game, you can't get much more out of anybody, so I'm not sure what you're looking for since you're obviously not happy with the reasons I've given you twice now, lol.

If there's something you want to ask other than the same old question you've been asking me the entire game, I'll answer it if I can, but I'm for damn sure not name/roleclaiming this early, so don't even think about it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why Vyse, Kevin? I feel Kaylo is MUCh more suspicious/lynch worthy than Vyse.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I feel Kaylo is MUCh more suspicious/lynch worthy than Vyse.
If there's something you want to ask other than the same old question you've been asking me the entire game, I'll answer it if I can, but I'm for damn sure not name/roleclaiming this early, so don't even think about it.
The "ask a question, get an answer" offer still stands, CK, in case you missed it. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, we've got an interesting situation here.

I'm not going to explain anything yet, let's just ask omni a question.

Omni, are you absolutely sure that CK is mafia?

Yes or No.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's why we make proof good sir.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yes, yes. Yup, yup.
Ok.

Couple of situations here.

First off, this is my first game of mafia. Has anyone ever seen a town role being informed of someone else being mafia in their PM before? Doesn't seem likely. He does have a posting restriction, or is faking one. Striking me more as independent than anything right now.

Now, we have some ways would could go about testing things. We could lynch CK. If he flips townie, then obviously Omni would be lynched directly after.

We could lynch Omni, find out what he is...if he's a townie then CK's probably mafia.

We don't know if omni has some weird win condition, or if he's a jester so that's something to think about as well. His information could be very useful however.

Omni is pushing very hard to lynch CK on day one. He knows something, has some sort of plan, or something. CK is being logical and hasn't really slipped up at all yet. Omni isn't being logical but insists he knows CK is mafia.

We could just you know...not lynch anyone day one and see what happens during the night.

Not quite sure which route to take so far.

Thoughts?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Both of your scenarios were wrong.

If we lynched CK and he was town that doesn't mean that Omni is auto mafia. It could just mean he was ********.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... Hylian brings up some good points (didnt see them before my last post)

Not lynching anyone or not lynching CK or Omni might not be a bad idea.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You 'R knot goal wing to lint me because CK willpower flippers Mafia Mafia. Why wood you lint me first first? Hats dumb dumb.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kevin, I'm not saying anything for certain or even close to it. Stirring thoughts.

I haven't even started getting on the coasters yet :p.

For now:

Unvote

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Omni, do you know all of the mafia?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
as far as i am concerned, omni should be completely ignored. he has outrightly stated that he KNOWS crimson king is mafia. this means he is absolutely worthless because he refuses to play the game. there is NO scenario in which omni would absolutely positively KNOW that crimson king is mafia. he is playing the same way he always plays mafia - by refusing to play mafia. he doesn't get the game. in my opinion, he should just be lynched. i am not the only one to suspect that he is a lyncher and CK is his target. also, he is completely worthless. yes, there is such a thing as a worthless townie: look at airgemini in Disney, look at Omni in Disney. grammy omni's post restriction is ****ing dumb. that does not equate to townie. however, it does equate into further making him a good lynch because not only he is completely tunnelvisioned and refuses to lynch anyone but CK but he also has to strain himself to even make sense.

unvote; vote: omni

You were quick to vote Hylian right off the bat. The only reason you provided was that he's mafia. Obviously we're all out to get the mafia at this point in time (those of us who aren't mafia at least, but mafia members are still townspeople to everyone else). The short concise response was interesting. Sure it's a pretty random point in time where anyone's guess is as good as another, however even as much of a joke it was, your reasoning was straight to the point. No details for people to fuss over. My guess is that you want people to believe Hylain is mafia regardless to cast suspicion off of you. There was no public display of analysis behind your vote.

However -- perhaps you already planned this all ahead of time and are pulling out a little reverse psychology on us.

Despite putting no public thought behind your vote, you were quick to criticize others such as Steel's first response to Kevin, and we're the only one to mock Vyse's extremely random method of voting lol. Some of the comments on Steel voting with CK we're also quite interesting.

Reading over the pages again I suppose I just find it quite odd that you are quick to question and debate with others on how they voted yet you provide the most straight reasoning for your own vote in a simple 2 words.

I'll keep my vote the same for now. Unless that is you can prove to me that you aren't in the mafia.
super dumb. especially that last sentence.

- If by "toss out," you mean "disregard," nice try, but that's not what I was doing. I didn't even know what RVS was until someone linked me to an explanation, and since then, I haven't mentioned anything about it now that I know how it works.

- I've been more active than a number of the people in the game, so your claims on my inactivity are a little less than valid.

- From where are you getting that I'm "determined" to get you out of the game? I voted for you semi-randomly, but the game "officially" entered D1 after I had already voted, so I voted the same way again instead of going against what I'd already done.

- You and Steel are the two people I suspect the most, at least for the moment. Steel's bandwagoning and your aggressive finger-pointing both rub me the wrong way, but only time will tell if I'm right since it's still early in the Day.
super dumb.

That fish why we we knee to Vote: Crimson King.

His claims bar fool of **** ****. :embarrass

So dar we half accomplice very little today today.

Lettuce justice Vote: Crimson King for today today.
whats a good reason not to?
FYI: my first post in the game: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8287637&postcount=88 was an attack on Omni.

Could he still be OMGUSing?
Omni, how are you useful?
I don't think omni is mafia mainly because he's acting way to obvious.

Vote: Crimson King
From what I can tell, with Omni's post restriction comes valuable information, which he says he has. I'm inclined to believe him at this point. If CK does flip something other than Mafia, then we know Omni isn't legit.

Vote: Crimson King
AWFUL. TERRIBLE.

unvote; vote: Steel

trust is a crutch

Drunk people always tell the truth, eh?

Tom, what do you make of this?

There's the possibility that Omni has to get CK lynched in order to win. I've seen a similar role in chat Mafia, but never in an actual game. In that scenario, neither is Mafia. Omni might know something about CK we don't, but I find it hard to believe his role PM gave him such clear info. He might have like a Lie Detector role or something and have already used that power on CK, but that's also quite rare.

I'm unsure about which decision to make, but lynching Omni seems like a poor choice. He might very well be a Jester, although giving a Jester a post restriction makes it quite easy for him (he wins when he gets lynched). I'm also hesitant to lynch CK (experienced player etc), but his pushing for an Omni lynch stands out as suspicious to me.
i really hope someone just kills omni at Night. seriously.

also, drunk people can lie too. re: The Lonely Island Mafia, Day 4, Xsyven

I don't get why Omni types regular in this post but not in any of the posts after this one. It's after the game started too.

This man is hiding something big.
game was restarted because omni refused to post in his restriction

Tbh, I really dislike the way you're putting so much pressure on me when it's D1, I've done nothing suspicious, and it's not like there's not much I can do to prove my innocence.***
IF NOBODY PRESSURES ANYBODY THEN NOBODY WILL EVER DO ANYTHING SCUMMY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Rofl, Tom, do you need a moment to go somewhere, stop, and breathe for a second?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Unvote

I don't feel safe following Omni at the moment. Not to say that I don't trust him per se, but I find it hard to trust anyone this early in the game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Or we could all just decide to not lynch and use any of the events that happen in the first night as a basis on what to do D2...

Vote: No Lynch

no one can come to a conclusion on what the **** is going on atm

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Omni, let's say we all DID believe you and decided to lynch CK. If it turned out he is town, you can expect everyone to end up lynching you the next day, right? Granted, us lynching CK just to see whether or not you're trustworthy (or have information on him) is unlikely, but knowing this, would you still be as persistent?

However, you constantly say you have info on CK and that he's mafia, yet you originally said for us to lynch both CK AND Tom. This makes me lose any trust I would have had in what you said earlier, in the possibility of you having any information on CK.

My vote stays.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Or we could all just decide to not lynch and use any of the events that happen in the first night as a basis on what to do D2...

Vote: No Lynch

no one can come to a conclusion on what the **** is going on atm
this is a really bad idea.

Tom said:
no-lynch is a gods awful idea, it takes away one chance we get to kill a mafia. the only other way we can kill them is via vigilante, and we dont even know if we have one. SK crossfire can kill them, like we saw in Nowhere Man mafia, but town was extremely lucky in that game. so basically lynching is our only reliable means of killing mafia, and our best source of information.

day ones only suck as much as you make them suck. we have seventeen frakking people in this game, and if HALF of us were decently active we could have a great day one. so TALK.

unvote vote: M3D for supporting no lynch and taking away town power
Tom said:
EM = Epicmafia
MS = Mafiascum (forum based)
SWF = derrrpppp
RL = random lynch
NL = no lynch
D1 = Day 1, etc.

M3D, I know you think NL D1 can have its benefits, but its fairly clear to me that this view comes from your experience from playing at EM and not from forum based mafia. There is large enough disparity in the two that makes me feel like thats where your view comes from, but it could be from other places. I'll touch on both EM v. SWF/MS D1 and I'll touch on D1 in general.

The underlying and most important point is that the town's most powerful weapon is the lynch, and their second most powerful is their vote (there is a difference.) The lynch provides the town with information and a kill. In the most basic sense of mafia, straight vanilla, it is the only kill that the townspeople have. They must use the lynch each day to kill the mafia, but it isn't just random killing. Town uses the lynch to try to figure out who is mafia, and then lynch them -- you'll often see the town get close to voting for one of their own, figure out that they are uneasy with that lynch or air the town laundry and deduct that someone else is more suspicious, and then move to lynch the other person. Its because townspeople, as the uninformed majority, have nothing to hide, while scum will defend each other, either by dismissing arguments or attempting to divert attention elsewhere. So when the town adamantly uses their lynch, they are able to convincingly wield their best weapon. The most important thing that comes from a lynch is probably not the kill itself, but the discussion that voting causes, that the pressure of being eliminated by your peers (or your secret enemies) puts you in the spotlight and airs your laundry. If you have clean laundry, you're usually fine (as long as the other townspeople don't become tunnlevisioned on you, which is another topic i could talk for ages about, or if the townspeople listen to mafia arguments). If you have dirty laundry, a keen eye can catch you. Slip ups must be defended, which then turns into taking back words, recanting statements, contradictions, or reliance on fallacies (another topic). You lose all of this interrogation, all of this investigation, if you refuse to find conclusions with your paper trail. Its one thing to say "x defended y," but its another to say "x defended y, we lynched y, and he was mafia." If the town simply no lynches, in vanilla mafia, they lose multiple somethings (the possibility of information gathering, connections & patterns, and a kill) and gain nothing (day over, night kill, new day). If you NL, you aren't scumhunting! The town must scumhunt or they will lose.

When power roles are added to the town, NL becomes a better possibility than it was before, but its still not a viable alternative to lynching. Putting off the lynch means that you rely solely on the towns' night actions and no scumhunting. See how town limits itself that way? Especially in an open setup. All EM games are closed setups, meaning that every role in the game is known, including their powers and the number of people with those roles. NL D1 is so much easier at EM, because you know "we have two NLs and then its mylo, or we can go one NL one RL and then its lylo." You know all the roles that you are looking for, and more importantly you know the roles that you can rely on. You know that there is a tracker/watcher/bg, or you know that there is a cop/doc, etc, and you know how far you can go without endangering them. Town can't rely on that sort of thing at SWF/MS. If you rely on the town's power roles to find the mafia, then the vanilla townies are nothing but bullet shields and extra votes. Towns can't think that way.

That brings me to D1. When you actively scumhunt, you have to refuse to accept inactivity. On a D1 like the one we have in BSG Mafia, we have 17 people. We should have a completely active D1 full of accusations, defenses, strategies, patterns, hypotheses, statements, etc. SEVENTEEN PEOPLE. That could be two and a half mafia games. We need random vote phases, we need accusations. All of these things spark activity and get the ball rolling. Petty accusations make way for conversation, which gets nit-picked, and everyone gets examined. It would be better for scum to be left unexamined, as they create patterns based not solely on the logical opinions brought to light but also on their own motives, to keep their fellow scum alive. A D1 NL would lead to a night, a night kill, few investigations on the part of the town, some mafia powers, independent powers (including another possible townie death), and then another day where all we could talk about is... what happened at night. A D1 lynch allows for a conclusive string of conversations ending in a card flip, pro-town or pro-scum, which gives more factual basis to arguments. It allows for more than just circumstantial evidence, and it is produced at a time where the town has the most power, as opposed to the night where the scum can get together and choose what happens.

Town needs to use its vote and its lynch. I said earlier that the vote and the lynch were different, and its true. Each individual townie is able to use his vote to pressure others into talking, to build pressure, and to put some force into their accusations. That said, you can see where I am coming from when I say that a vote does not always mean you want that person to be lynched. Earlier, when I voted you for your stance on D1 NL, Xsyven said that he didn't believe it was enough to lynch you. Obviously I didn't either! You had no votes on you, I wasn't voting to start a bandwagon. I was voting so that you would respond. Would you OMGUS (Oh my gods you suck, meaning that because I voted you, you turn around and vote me)? Would you retract your earlier statement? Would you ignore a vote, etc.? My vote on you sparked discussion. Good! People should use their votes often, and be active and ready to explain their vote, retract their vote, or solidify their stance and defend their vote.

Some people don't like D1 because everyone starts off with a clean slate and there is nothing to go on. Thats true. When the game starts, there is nothing to go on. By using a random joking phase, you roll the snowball down the hill. Discussion sparks into patterns, accusations, and you are able to make a lynch. You should make that lynch, because it allows for real information, let alone a chance to lynch mafia. Bringing up the NL so early, and you cannot deny that it was brought up extremely early in the D1, is bad because it takes away from the significance of the possibly fatal discussion we all have. We have so many people that we could be having multiple conversations at once, and instead we find that only half of the players have posted. Post garbage, thats okay! It will lead to discussion.

I will continue this if necessary!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You need to make the lynch count though. It needs to be used for information.

The way things are going now, it looks like either CK, Omni, or Tom is going to be lynched.

Why?

Information. Omni appears to have a posting restriction and says he knows that CK and Tom are mafia. Well, he called Tom mafia but didn't really say it as directly as he did for CK.

So we have three people we could lynch and gain information from so far. Or the most information rather.

Well, I'm going to cut myself short for another question directed at Omni. I'll elaborate more in a bit.

Omni, is Tom Mafia?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Omni, is Tom Mafia?
I'm sorry, we must be reading a different game. Why are you assuming that Omni has knowledge that we don't?

Also, why are you working under the false dilemma that only CK, Omni, or I must be lynched?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm sorry, we must be reading a different game. Why are you assuming that Omni has knowledge that we don't?
Why are you assuming that I am going to believe him?

Top Bottom