• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There isn't anything special to Omni's posts to my knowledge. I've looked at them closely and the only thing I can get from them is that the meaning of them are still normal posts, just that he has to replace words with:
-Different words that sound like what he's trying to say
-Or the word is too simple or difficult to do so, say it twice in a row
There seems to be some exceptions, like maybe he doesn't have to do it to every single word strictly (possibly he doesn't have to do it to adjectives?), and perhaps it doesn't apply to anything that's not words, which is why he posted some pictures and video to try and get his point across originally. I'm not even sure what the normal posting restrictions some would have in mafia are like, but this is pretty out there.

His reply about Tom was pretty interesting...

I politely request that you specifically answer each of the questions in this post so that it is easily visible, as well as posting any response or opinion you may form like normal.

We do not have to throw out the idea, but it is foolish to act on the idea as well. From your opinion on No Lynching, you seem hesitant to mislynch a townie. Yet you narrow the list of people you are willing to lynch based on another player's (with an alignment I assume you do not know) remarks that he knows one player is mafia and another player is his scumbuddy.

Making a 100% random guess on a group of people when there are more townies than mafia with no information to follow is a bad choice. Statistically you are likely to land on a townie.

It's by use of information that we make more appropriate deductions to try and get rid of the mafia. The only information we have thus far is the whole strange thing between Omni and CK essentially. You have been linked to it as well, but not in a way CK has, and especially with Omni's latest post it makes me even more unsure that you are involved. Sooo... if we make a guess outside of Omni/CK and maybe you, we're guessing in the dark. No one else has done anything even remotely close to making them seem like mafia. That would be a bad guess on our part.

So, if we we're to lynch, it should be either CK, Omni, or Tom. Any vote potentially removes a mafia member, or gets us more information on the situation at hand and be more ready for D2. If we vote CK, we run a high risk of voting off a lynchee, having Omni accomplish his goal. If we vote Omni we potentially lose information if he has any (though he wouldn't have any if he is a lyncher as in the bad case of voting CK), and we wouldn't have learned if there is a thing behind this mess of posts he's done. Option 1 and 2 are similar choices, as only one or the other (CK a lynchee or Omni having intel) can be true, but Option 1 carries a greater risk that we shouldn't do at the moment. This leaves Tom, a relatively safe vote in this mess here. Tom is not only slightly connected to the whole Omni triangle, but is quick to question anyone on their reasoning and votes, especially me, the only person who has figured to vote Tom so far.

Voting for CK is the most dangerous option at the moment
Voting for Omni doesn't have anything bad that can come of it, but it can potentially be unfavorable to us
Voting for Tom is the safest vote for a lynch
Voting No Lynch is the safest vote overall at this time

Who are the "a lot of people siding with" Omni?
Why does the fact that "a lot of people" (needs to be proven) agree with Omni make his remarks any more legitimate?
Why do you still limit your focus on what Omni has done?

Considering Omni is pushing for CK to get lynched, and CK has consistently had the most votes for a while now...
I'm not saying Omni is legit, I won't believe he is until I see more proof.
Because it's the only thing we have to play off of so far, especially considering it's only D1.

You do not need to limit your Day 1 focus based on what Omni has said. For one thing, he and Chaco, as townies, destroyed the Town in Disney mafia. I can easily draw parallels with his play in this game with his play in Disney. He is absolutely convinced that he is right, even to go as far as to carelessly remark that he "knows" CK is mafia and for everyone to "trust" him. That is poor play. Then he comments that I'm CK's scumbuddy, and everyone takes it seriously, based on his remark that he "knows" CK is mafia. I'm surprised he did this, because it is terrible play. He seems not to realize the implications he is making by linking those two statements.

And what makes it that you solely decide if it's terrible play or not? No one knows what's going on for certain, people are talking about it, people are suspecting various things. He seems to be on to something. We just won't know if he's legit or not until later on.

Do you understand what a false dilemma is? I directed those comments earlier towards Hylian, but now I see that they do not apply to him, and as you continue to make these points, they terribly apply to you.

NOTHING leaves you with two options. That is a jump in logic that you cannot seem to recognize.

What leaves you with the only options of No Lynching or lynching me? NOTHING.

What narrows your choices between No Lynching or lynching Omni/CK/Tom, now just Tom? I'm not asking for the reasoning you provided that narrows it down from the other 2 to just me. I'm asking you what eliminates all other players from the equation and leaves you with these 3? I hope you recognize that the answer is straight up nothing.

I pretty much explain this above.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Omni, can you point me to where you got your scum vibe on CK?
It's quickly becoming clear that we aren't going to have a solid lynch, and I don't like the day to end with just a lot of votes. Now, do we want to look at lynching an inactive? It's a gamble at hitting someone, but I'd rather do that than no lynch.
I **** spa eek on anything else else.

can you convince me that he is scum?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How is he a waste of our time, Teran? Are you citing his post restriction, or the content of what he has (post-translation) posted?

Also, I don't have any trouble deciphering what Omni says at all. If you (or anyone) needs me to, I can translate for you. He has done a very good job of taking what seems like a very challenging post restriction and made it work, especially if you say what you read out loud. That doesn't mean I agree with what he is saying, obviously, but the way he says it is not an issue.
I get the general gist of what he's saying. CK is mafia, trust me. That's all he's repeating.

I asked him for some basis to his claim and he just continues. It's not what he's saying, it's what he's not saying. He's literally repeating the same nonsense over and over in an incomprehensible and irritating way.

I'm pretty sure if anyone else went "CK is mafia! Just trust me he is!", they'd get FoS'd pretty quickly, but everyone seems to think Omni's the business because of his post restriction.

Maybe he is a lyncher, maybe he's town, maybe he's scum. At this point I can't really tell, all I can tell is that he's ****ing annoying.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
After reading the last bunch of posts that were made while I typed my last one, some interesting points were brought up.

imo it comes down to...
If we want to play on this whole Omni business, we vote Tom
If we don't want follow this gibberish, then we vote No Lynch

It's also interesting that the only two people to have commented really on my thoughts trying to dissuade me so far are Tom and CK. What if both of them are mafia? But how the hell would Omni know that? As Tom said it wouldn't make sense for a roll to say, hey you're town, and this guys a mafia!
What if all 3 of them are mafia? It could all be part of an intricate plan. Omni is forcing us to vote CK. If we vote CK and see that he's mafia (hopefully not being a lynchee), then the everyone would generally believe Omni to be a townie, having him safe for a while. At the same time though to protect the mafia group, CK and Tom are trying to dissuade everyone from following Omni's gibberish. If they succeed, then it means neither of those 3 mafia members get voted D1, and somewhere down the line if we learn CK is mafia, then it protects Omni for even longer.
Thoughts?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Forgot to add on there, the basis for the Omni/CK/Tom all mafia theory is that this would mean Omni would certainly know that those 2 are mafia for sure from the start.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But somehow you're sure that CK is scum, right?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You bar miss TRANSfat late ting me me, CK.
I missed one line, and it said NOTHING.

Also, Omni, I suggested voting an inactive as a group versus someone being lynched with 5 votes because we were indecisive for too long. The latter helps the mafia get free lynches, so that would be two easy kills for them. Learn to play the game. No one is going to trust you because you give no one any reason to trust you. You speak gibberish, and you post Aladdin pictures saying to trust you. Why would either make people trust you?

Chibo - no. No lynching is a bad, bad, bad idea. The whole point of this game is for town to eliminate mafia before mafia eliminate town. If we no lynch today, then that gives Mafia 1 kill ahead of us, which, judging from Day 1, is a huge deficit for us. What's worse is if we have vigilantes because they won't have a solid read, and if they decide to kill, and hit town, then we are 2 behind mafia. Realistically Day 1 goes like this - Joke Voting/Random Voting, someone puts a random vote that is also a pressure vote on someone who takes offense and acts scummy or someone starts a bandwagon really fast, and we evolve from RVS to actual conversation. In that respect, we have failed as Omni went from RVS on me to making it a seriously lynch. We have good discussions going on, as well as several lynch candidates. Now, no lynching won't help us in this situation at all.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is pretty ********. -___-

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
chibo, you are still needlessly eliminating all other people from your concentration for a Day 1 lynch besides those who are active in the Omni discussion. you are being stupid. for all we know, scum is just being quiet. you are seriously frustrating me because you CANNOT JUSTIFY why you would narrow the lynch down to just us. i will quote your red text and get more specific on how you are wrong later if you seriously still cannot see the fact that you are still caught in a false dilemma and you are also now REWARDING inactivity.

omni, your argument is pitiful. i agree with CK on lynching a random inactive player on Day 1 way more than i agree with you saying we should lynch him for it. i will not accept the fact that you have allowed everyone to assume that you KNOW that ck is scum.

omni, were you told in a pm from the game moderator that ck is scum?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, Teran, where do you stand? Who is suspicious, who do you think should die, etc? I know you said we should toss Omni because he's speaking gibberish, but the more I think of it, that is a hefty thing to consider.

I am pushing for the lynch because my role says I am after all THREATS to town. To me, Omni IS a threat because he isn't offering any proof, but "trust him." What has he done to gain his trust? That's what I want to know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What's also bothering that people have been bringing up is the inactives. How many of us are actively posting atm? Let's just find someone who is the most inactive, and all vote for them and get this over with. I'm tired of D1 lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Or we might as well gang up on Omni, especially considering he already has a vote from someone else that could help us. I agree with what CK said about how Omni is a thread because he isn't offering proof.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
What's also bothering that people have been bringing up is the inactives. How many of us are actively posting atm? Let's just find someone who is the most inactive, and all vote for them and get this over with. I'm tired of D1 lol
Let's see if Omni jumps on you for this.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
vote: Kawaiibunny (Nya)

Serin was just replaced with Mike G. Serin and Kawaii have the same number of posts. Fine with me. Pressure to Kbizzle to post.

Omni

BRoomer
I missed one line, and it said NOTHING
You better be quiet. [hot] you to speak up.

Pretty clear here: he doesn't like Tom giving good advice.
WRAONG WRAONG.

I [might?] have to approach this too aggressively Again, my role is very limited and very strange. Tom, stop being an ass, and stop thinking that you know everything about Mafia. Big Mistake.
WRAONG WRAONG.

Weather you dead kit on purpose or knot, you altF4 turn the meanings of my statements statements.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I am in favor of voting the inactives until they respond, and then from their responses, we gauge their reactions. Do not hammer vote them until they respond thoroughly.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well, Teran, where do you stand? Who is suspicious, who do you think should die, etc? I know you said we should toss Omni because he's speaking gibberish, but the more I think of it, that is a hefty thing to consider.

I am pushing for the lynch because my role says I am after all THREATS to town. To me, Omni IS a threat because he isn't offering any proof, but "trust him." What has he done to gain his trust? That's what I want to know.
Like I said earlier, Omni's actions strike me as the most anti town thus far. Since D1 doesn't have anything solid to go by, going for the most anti town player is fine by me.

For now, my FoS remains on Omni, and I'll wait for more discussion to actually cast a vote.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Don't want to lynch:
1. §teel
3. Hylian
4. CrimsonKing
5. KevinM
6. Tom
10. Omni
12. ChiboSempai

Feel like I don't have a good read on:
2. -Hilt-
7. KayLo!
8. Marc
9. Nya~! :3
11. Vyse
13. Teran17
14. Mike G
15. Bowser King
16. airgemini

Omni

BRoomer
I **** OFF HER HER PROOF. I JAM justin reel friotolay ing INFORMATION INFORMATION.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I **** OFF HER HER PROOF. I JAM justin reel friotolay ing INFORMATION INFORMATION.
You can't offer proof that CrimsonKing is scum. You are just relaying information.

Not good enough for me to vote to lynch him. Especially not the way you are playing compared to the way he is playing.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Omni: Do you have a power that you used to determine if CK is scum? Otherwise, no, I'm dropping this for a long time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
first of all, i don't mean to speak for everyone. that is my personal list. that is why you find KevinM on it though you might personally feel that he has not contributed much. Kevin plays very similarly to the way I play, and he is also very good.

I don't want to lynch Omni because I want to see if his knowledge of who is scum develops as more Days pass. Aside from my independent lyncher fears, I also get vibes that he is a townie, because I doubt scum would put themselves in his position (and yes, Omni has very much put himself in the position he is in). So I'm not comfortable with his lynch, so I don't want to lynch him. Yeah?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I sense indie, but I guess I could see him feasibly being town.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tbh, not really, I only see his actions as being unhelpful to town. At this stage, he's been the most anti town so far in my book, which is why I FoS'd him.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't want to lynch Omni because I want to see if his knowledge of who is scum develops as more Days pass.
My problem with this is how did he get the information in the first place? I have never heard of an investigator that could investigate before the game begins. I don't really see a scenario, other than lyncher, where he'd have information before the game begins. I maintain that I think he is town, but if he is harming discussion/misdirecting us, wouldn't it be just as good to lynch him? I am reminded of Scamp in SWFMafia who was a townie, but who basically helped the Mafia win by focusing on the wrong people. In fact, in that game, I had him pegged as Mafia because of his play style.

Tom, I think we should go through you list of people you don't have a read on and pressure the **** out of them until we get a response. Xivii, can we get an activity log again? We can start with the least active people and pressure them to the most active. Our methods right now are getting us nowhere.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Upon further consideration I agree to letting Omni vs CK rest for now. It's indeed possible Omni's insights develop and if he starts targeting another player tomorrow we know he just gets a target every day. I think several scenarios are possible, it's just that most of them are unlikely.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Omg, I'm slow, and this thread is moving so fast..... @.@

Heading off to job hunt right now (wish me luck x.x!), but I'm posting real quick to say that I've read everything, my opinions have changed a bit, and I agree with putting pressure on people from least active to most active, because chances are that there's madd scum lurking right now while the rest of us bicker amongst ourselves.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
**** me, I knew I forgot something -- remembered just before I shut down my computer. x.x

unvote

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Nya~! :3 has requested replacement. She will be modkilled in 72 hours if no one is found.

I'll work on an activity log in a bit.

I'm pretty sure the closest to the 72 hour mark is bowser king, but he's not in danger of a prod yet.

Top Bottom