• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Tom it's still possible that he's a Jester.

It's a messy situation either way, which is why a lot of people seem to like the whole lynching an inactive player, and Bowser King is the only one to really give any suspicion of being an inactive mafia member trying to keep quiet.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I agree with Tom, I suppose he was only holding back on the vote because he had the inklink that Omni was town.

Now that we know he's an indie for sure, as I said before, it's in our best interests to lynch him as we know for sure he's not town aligned, which is much more than we can be sure of for anyone else.

Having said this, I'm holding back on my vote until the lurkers at least say something. Hopefully they get prodded soon or something.

Still, if nothing much changes my vote is going on Omni for definite.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
that's a total possibility. however, here is my opinion on jesters:

they don't belong in mafia, period. when i was an inexperienced mod, i put them in my game. maybe xiivi put them in his, maybe he didn't. however, in a PERFECT WORLD, tonight a town vig would shoot xiivi. that is how you beat jesters, with vidges. but marc already said there could be a busdriver, and i wouldn't discount that as a possibility.

town does not fail for lynching a jester. he claimed independent, that means he's definitely not town. i think he could very well be a jester, but i think we should lynch him regardless. because he might not be, and he might be, and either way, he can help mafia win and we dont want him around.

under the scenario that he is a more complicated independent role then we might find something out about ck. if xiivi flips "independent politician" then maybe not. but if xiivi flips "independent mafia-lyncher" then maybe so.

so back on what i said earlier, xiivi would be shot tonight. if we don't lynch him, i still would like to let everyone know that if I were a vig, I would be shooting Xiivi. if we didn't lynch him today, which i think we should do.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I'd also rather lynch an independent than take a blind shot at the pool of inactives, but I don't wanna lynch a Jester. =/

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Didn't see your tidbit about Jester lynch, but isn't it like playing for second place when he wins?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Didn't see your tidbit about Jester lynch, but isn't it like playing for second place when he wins?
i specifically asked you to answer in detail, not to dodge the question with a vaguely similar question

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I don't want anyone other than Town to get first place. I'm not sure if we share it with Jester or if Town gets second place though. Sharing it is somewhat acceptable, but keep in mind I was one of the people who killed Mini in Disney Mafia for no reason other than not wanting to share the glory. =P

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I was more after pressure voting people to become active. Seeing as how Bowser King hasn't replied yet, I could honestly go either way. We have a "confirmed" indie with Omni versus a bunch of grey people.

Tom, would you rather end the day now and lynch Omni, or would you rather probe a few people first. I can see either being pretty fruitful, the former would give us some night actions but the latter would give us reads on people.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Who is to say that Omni is independant? Sure he said that (somewhat with his crazy language), but if we are going to believe him about that, why can't we believe him when he says that CK is mafia? If we don't believe him about CK, there is no reason to believe him about being independant.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Who is to say that Omni is independant? Sure he said that (somewhat with his crazy language), but if we are going to believe him about that, why can't we believe him when he says that CK is mafia? If we don't believe him about CK, there is no reason to believe him about being independant.
Admitting one is an indie is pretty much saying "if you don't know who to lynch, go after me!" When figuring out whether or not we are a mislynch from losing, there is a formula to consider and indies are factored in with Mafia because they have the potential to help or hurt town. With his saying I am mafia, there is a conflict of interests; we don't know where he got this info from or if it helped his win condition. With him claiming indie, it just paints him as being a variable in the game that can hurt town, so we lynch them instead of getting stuck with a non-lynch.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
But if he's a Jester and says he's independent, all that does is make us want to lynch him (which is working for some people), and it hurts us while making him fulfill his role.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
IF he's Jester, that is true. Tom gave mentioned that Jesters are terrible in a mafia game, and now, you can see why. There is no reason that we have to second guess a bad players moves as "possibly being a jester." Also, banking on that won't help us. Omni would still spend every day annoying/misdirecting us until we do lynch him.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If a Jester's in the game, then it's only logical that a legitimate way to take him out would also be included, such as a vigilante or something. And by voting an inactive, we aren't voting a vigilante as one would surely be interested in this whole Omni debacle and keeping active to be up to date on it, and to make sure there is no suspicion placed on him to be lynched.

It just seems odd that Jester or not, why would Omni make us want to vote him so early on in the game? There has to be something in it for him.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't want anyone other than Town to get first place. I'm not sure if we share it with Jester or if Town gets second place though. Sharing it is somewhat acceptable, but keep in mind I was one of the people who killed Mini in Disney Mafia for no reason other than not wanting to share the glory. =P
i don't really care about sharing, or win condition, or anything of that sort. you and i are looking at it from two different perspectives - you are thinking the final thread title that says "Grammy's Mafia: Town wins" and I am thinking that someone who claims independent and also claims to KNOW that another player is mafia needs to be lynched, even if he is a jester, because he is just getting in the way of everything, and with him gone, we can scumhunt better, and win.

Tom, would you rather end the day now and lynch Omni, or would you rather probe a few people first. I can see either being pretty fruitful, the former would give us some night actions but the latter would give us reads on people.
both at the same time. i would like to see the quiet people speak up on their opinion towards omni the claimed independent. you basically agree with me already that talking to the non-talkers is important, and what you ask almost seems to have a right and a wrong answer, but i agree with you.

Omni is to say Omni is an independent, because he said it. I say that claiming independent is only done by independent or mafia, and we are trying to get rid of mafia, and independents cloud our judgment and distract us from the mafia.

again you draw an unintelligent ultimatum "if we dont believe him on x, we can't believe him on y." simply and completely untrue. they are both coming from the horses mouth, but claiming you know someone is scum and then claiming you are independent can both be tested by the same solution - lynch the ****ing non-town independent and see what he cardflips, then apply that knowledge to his accusation. i was against lynching him simply for information earlier because i thought he was dumb townie making statements he couldn't validate. now he has claimed non-townie. solution evident.

If a Jester's in the game, then it's only logical that a legitimate way to take him out would also be included, such as a vigilante or something. And by voting an inactive, we aren't voting a vigilante as one would surely be interested in this whole Omni debacle and keeping active to be up to date on it, and to make sure there is no suspicion placed on him to be lynched.

It just seems odd that Jester or not, why would Omni make us want to vote him so early on in the game? There has to be something in it for him.
i dont care if he is a jester and he wins. he is gone, then we can continue. jesters are bull**** anyways. the object of the game is to win, and their object is to lose. so just let him win by losing and we go about our business of scumhunting, IF HE IS A JESTER, and if he is ****ing anything else non-town, we caught him in his gambit.

Tom, would you be fine with lynching Omni even if he's a Jester?
yes.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you're so fine with it, then why do Jesters even exist in the first place? If the point of them in a game is to by lynched so "they win," it seems pretty ignorant to just ignore that fact and let him fulfill his requirement. If the possibility he is a Jester is there, then we should play accordingly. Don't you find it odd he would practically just come out and say, hey lynch me? No one wants to get lynched... except Jesters.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
okay. i think we can do that. you have convinced me.

unvote

i dont give two ****s right now about marc's suggestion about a bus driver.

omni has claimed independent but not lyncher, and he says crimson king is scum. i still think he is lyncher. he could possibly be jester.

either way, town aligned killing role, or any town aligned role with a single kill, should most definitely use it on omni night 1. if you have a daykill, use it now, and that would be even better, because im sure we could request a deadline extension after a in-Day death.

he is not town. that is good enough to kill him for. if you really want to avoid giving a lyncher a win, we wont lynch him. but i dont really care about giving a jester a win at all, because it gets him out of the ****in way and jester is dumb role anyways. anytime ive ever had a jester, which was just ONCE, i put it in the rules that there was a jester, because i thought that was the only way to make it fair. obviously it didnt make it fair, because they lynched him day 1 anyways. so ive sworn off the role, and then i go to mafiascum and find out that everyone ****in hates jesters.

basically, im still really up for an omni lynch. if we cant decide on anyone better, i guess we should leave omni on the backburner as a possible lynch if nothing else scummy happens.

ill ask people 20 questions today, ck. i know you're going to ask about it again xD

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
The possibility that Xiivi actually put a Jester in the game is low.

And even if he did, so what? It takes all the fun out of the game, so if he gets lynched D1 and DOES flip jester, we can still play the game to get second place and have fun with it.

it's w/e if he wins imo, so I can see where tom is coming from

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
and to answer your question, chibo: they shouldn't exist in the first place, and my attitude is the best attitude to adopt because it does not allow the jester logic of "oh well thats totally scummy but it rings jester so ill leave it alone."

just... just someone shoot omni.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
also, ninja'd by steel: it wouldn't be 2nd place. we would joint win for 1st.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
im probably going to hate myself for allowing you, chibo, to convince me to unvote the 'jester' when i know voting him is the right move.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
No, un boat wing me fish the right movie movie.

Time knot a jester jester. Right now, it fish hard for me to ass stitch with my restriction restriction. Time knot tie ying to git lint lint. I justice *** off as stupid and unhelpful due to how limitbreaker Ted I sam sam.

There fish a reason I am in the game although time knot shore what that reason fish yet yet. Half patience with me me and pi leash the ink outside the box.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
And time kNOT KNOT lint her! :mad:

How stupid wood that bee to goldmember after lint target D1 as hard as I half Ben globe wing wing? Cute me some slack slack.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
omni one of the reasons why im going after you hardcore is because of your phrasing that you "KNOW" CK is mafia. how would you know this? this is what makes you seem lyncher. and then you claimed independent.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You know, Tom, every time he posts, I see exactly why lynching him would be a good idea. I hate the Jester possibility, but I hate someone who will just drag us one way without any reason.

There fish a reason I am in the game although time knot shore what that reason fish yet yet. Half patience with me me and pi leash the ink outside the box.
This bothers me. Telling us to think outside the box without giving us any idea what he means is a good way to waste time.

Now, Tom, what if the vig/SK/whatever decides NOT to use it on Omni/gets NK? I guess what I am saying is do we want to bank on a variable to end the Omni situation?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm getting annoying at him as well and what Omni to by lynched, but I still back what I said. Just lynch an inactive tonight (Bowser King being the only one that's given us a real reason to vote him), then D2 if Omni isn't dead (whether it be from mafia because he is pissing them off or a vigilante or something kills him, which they better do), then we go ahead and vote Omni. It's a safer route and no different than if we like vote Omni D1 and someone else D2 if Omni isn't a Jester. The only advantage we get to lynching someone else D1 then Omni D2 is eliminating the potential Jester win. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but we have no way of knowing.

At least I would hope so, considering whoever has the power to kill at night is smart enough to use it on Omni N1.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Either there will be a town aligned killer that can take out Omni on N1 or the mafia will want him out. If CK really is mafia, then I would assume the mafia would want Omni out to get the suspicion off of CK.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Either there will be a town aligned killer that can take out Omni on N1 or the mafia will want him out. If CK really is mafia, then I would assume the mafia would want Omni out to get the suspicion off of CK.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUee1WvtQZU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUee1WvtQZU&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wifom

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Now, Tom, what if the vig/SK/whatever decides NOT to use it on Omni/gets NK? I guess what I am saying is do we want to bank on a variable to end the Omni situation?
i dunno. we cannot dictate with too much certainty powers that are out of our hands and we shouldnt try too hard to create plans besides the most simplistic.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm getting annoying at him as well and what Omni to by lynched, but I still back what I said. Just lynch an inactive tonight (Bowser King being the only one that's given us a real reason to vote him), then D2 if Omni isn't dead (whether it be from mafia because he is pissing them off or a vigilante or something kills him, which they better do), then we go ahead and vote Omni. It's a safer route and no different than if we like vote Omni D1 and someone else D2 if Omni isn't a Jester. The only advantage we get to lynching someone else D1 then Omni D2 is eliminating the potential Jester win. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but we have no way of knowing.

At least I would hope so, considering whoever has the power to kill at night is smart enough to use it on Omni N1.
Jester wins if he gets lynched, period. Also:

If a Jester is lynched before any other faction has won, the game will usually continue to determine second place.

Often a Jester role also involves a Post Restriction, so that it is not too easy for the Jester to get themelves lynched.
Also, Mafia would gain NOTHING from killing Omni because he's causing enough chaos for the town as it is. We should be pushing the inactives to post, not worrying about some confirmed indie. The more time we waste on the indie, the better the Mafia can size up who is worth killing off at night, and whom they can assume is going to get themselves lynched.

Also, it's worth noting that no one really came to defend Bowser King, other than Omni of course. I would think Mafia would try to push for the bandwagon that was on me or the verbal bandwagon on Omni if Bowser was mafia or was anything important. The fact that he isn't talking isn't helping him, though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
i dunno. we cannot dictate with too much certainty powers that are out of our hands and we shouldnt try too hard to create plans besides the most simplistic.
This is true. Can we really trust that lynching an inactive today is worth more than lynching Omni? There's so many questions.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is Omni really hurting us?

What's wrong with just putting him on our ignore list? lol
(Not actually but figuratively)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
thats what we plan to do today...

hey xiivi can you be a bro and put up a new vote count with activity constants and that stuff you do?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
airgemini
vyse
bowserking
hilt
kaylo
mike g

how do you feel about whats going on
who would you lynch right now
why shouldnt we lynch you