• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Marc you're doing exactly what I look to do when scum in mafia, which is stay active by attacking weaker players and dealing with game theory. In this way you stay active by agreeing with public appeals, and looking like your helping, but in reality you're playing a game where it's really really hard for you to make a lynch worthy mistake.

Also you ask specific questions to players that again only deal with game theory, A way in which I would make someone be more comfortable of me but yet not putting myself out there at all.
I I light how this guy the inks.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
You didn't post before, why? Did one of your Mafia buddies tell you you were getting heat for being inactive? School johns don't really cut it considering how much you're responding now.

I did my homework from 4:30 to 6. Though I doubt you'll actually believe me on that.

Other then school, I also didn't have anything to add. This thread seems to be most active when I'm at school so by the time I get here, there's really little for me to comment on that hasn't already been commented on.

My "mafia buddies" don't exist. I have no evidence that they don't exist so I can't say anything against that.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You play an offensive game, I play a defensive game. You don't mind the risk of leading several mislynches, I play my own game and watch everyone else. I don't vote lightly, but you should know exactly where I stand by reading my posts.

Aren't weaker players attacked because they are weak? There's no reason for me to attack (for example) Tom right now, he plays like I know him. We approach the Jester thing differently, but that doesn't mean I should want to vote for him.

Omni

BRoomer
I I sad I light how he the inks. **** creative creative.

I half end "tar urn" on anyone anyone. Reed lax, or fish that much pressure all ready May King you paranoid paranoid?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You play an offensive game, I play a defensive game. You don't mind the risk of leading several mislynches, I play my own game and watch everyone else. I don't vote lightly, but you should know exactly where I stand by reading my posts.

Aren't weaker players attacked because they are weak? There's no reason for me to attack (for example) Tom right now, he plays like I know him. We approach the Jester thing differently, but that doesn't mean I should want to vote for him.
You're attacking a weaker player right now. Right after you said you play a defensive game, yet you're pushing a wagon on a player just based off of inactivity right now. It seems contradictory.

You're last paragraph is just filler, you wouldn't vote for Tom because he hasn't exhibited any scummy behavior? That's good I guess?

Also the snide comment to Omni also raises some flags because you're shooting down some really inconsequential pressure really fast. Afraid to deal with more?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's sort of BK's way of trying to get us to think he's not mafia. He's just flat out telling us he's not :laugh:
Claiming it's because of school and homework (which I'm not saying is false so to say), but it's hard to ignore the fact that you got active once someone voted for you. And just flat out saying your not mafia.

How is anyone to believe that? How is anyone to believe anything?

Compare it to when everyone suspected Crimson King because of Omni. He didn't talk much about it, his response to the issue had mainly two points:
1 - Reminding people that there is no reason why we should trust Omni, and shift the discussion to him
2 - Say w/e, find out for yourselves.

If someone claims you are mafia you can't deny it by flat out saying your not. Even if you're right, it's the weakest form of trying to prove to everyone that you aren't.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You're attacking a weaker player right now. Right after you said you play a defensive game, yet you're pushing a wagon on a player just based off of inactivity right now. It seems contradictory.

You're last paragraph is just filler, you wouldn't vote for Tom because he hasn't exhibited any scummy behavior? That's good I guess?

Also the snide comment to Omni also raises some flags because you're shooting down some really inconsequential pressure really fast. Afraid to deal with more?
Pushing a wagon? Really? I said it's newbtell or scumtell what he's doing and am undecided at the moment. I'm not throwing out a vote, I'm asking him questions, doing some mild prodding and telling him why he's considered suspicious. If that is considered offensive, every post you make is akin to the Holocaust.

You missed the point of my second paragraph entirely. I'll explain if you still don't get it, but think semantics and the current situation and you should get somewhere.

I made a snide comment because Omni seemed to heavily support you attacking me, while he just attacked CK and to a lesser extent Tom. I'm still trying to figure out what his deal is.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
This game looks really tricky. I'm replacing Nya btw :) I'm new in case everyone wondered =p

I've read the links in the OP so I roughly know what to do - I'll be reading through the thread to see if I can at least get an idea of what's going on.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
If I diverted attention, I'm more then sure that people would take it I was trying to get attention off me being voted a potential mafia. If I'm not wrong, CK already did that when I mentioned how I thought killing Omni would be a far better choice.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Pushing a wagon? Really? I said it's newbtell or scumtell what he's doing and am undecided at the moment. I'm not throwing out a vote, I'm asking him questions, doing some mild prodding and telling him why he's considered suspicious. If that is considered offensive, every post you make is akin to the Holocaust.

You missed the point of my second paragraph entirely. I'll explain if you still don't get it, but think semantics and the current situation and you should get somewhere.

I made a snide comment because Omni seemed to heavily support you attacking me, while he just attacked CK and to a lesser extent Tom. I'm still trying to figure out what his deal is.
Your adhoc first paragraph is garbs. Regardless of how you want to spin it, you're still putting pressure on an inactive. Tom puts LOADS of pressure on people by asking them lots of questions. I accomplish my pressure in a different way sure, but we're still getting the same results we need out of them, information and reactions. So by calling my posts big and mean and making yours seem like a gentle prod, you're merely trying to spin facts. It's all pressure regardless of how you want to spin it.

I'd rather you explain what you meant by your second paragraph, I don't want to misinterpret you in anyway.

This game looks really tricky. I'm replacing Nya btw :) I'm new in case everyone wondered =p

I've read the links in the OP so I roughly know what to do - I'll be reading through the thread to see if I can at least get an idea of what's going on.
Hey welcome, it's a load of fun man just try and stay active in discussions it's the easiest way to assist town.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Thanks :) what do I look out for when I'm reading through this thread? Everything seems a bit random to me right now

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well I would definitely recommend reading the whole thread, but you can look a lot at the discussion of Omni's post restriction, which is just as it sounds something he is required to post in every single message he makes in the thread. And basically read into a lot of discussions that come into specifics about members, because that is where you can draw connections and hopefully figure out contradictions that seem suspicious in your mind.

So things such as

Omni vs CK
Bowser Kings potential Lynch here
or the just developed me vs Marc

Or all great things to look to and create an opinion on.

Welcome again to the game :)

Omni

BRoomer
I made a snide comment because Omni seemed to HEAVILY SUPPORT you attacking me, while he just attacked CK and to a lesser extent Tom.

Dew knot bee so dramatic; nothing I sad wuss heavily anything anything.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I genuinely don't know what you mean by "adhoc". Tell me, please.

I can agree that I put some pressure on sasukebowser just now, it's just that you used terms like "pushing a wagon" and it's just not the same. You question suspects before you judge them. A vote is a judgement, while what I'm doing leaves room for other interpretations. I can imagine you think a vote is pressure like a question is, but to me it's much more decisive and answering to any argument accompanied by it seems like a wasted effort because you already put down the "final" judgement... the vote. Then there's the words you use, you speak of "garbage" and "weak players", terms I wouldn't use so easily when referring to arguments or people (even if I sometimes think it). So yeah, I think I'm gentle in comparison to you. This might make me seem more indecisive, but there's a drawback to every approach and I know what to do when it counts.

As for what I meant earlier... Weaker players are weaker because they have many openings for attacks and slip up a lot. More often than not, especially early in the game, they are the ones getting all the heat. You are weak because you get heat, you get heat because you are weak. I'd attack Tom, you etc, but the only veteran I've seen slip up so far has been CK and the whole Omni vs CK thing is put to rest for the moment. So yeah, everyone I "attack" will be a weaker player, considering most players here are new to the game and I have no reason to attack any of the vets right now. I'm watching you guys as you are without a doubt watching me, but I'm not going to attack you for the sake of doing so.

I also don't see this as a vs per se. I use strong words with you because I know you can take it, but this is mostly meta anyway.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah I'm starting to get it a bit...

Omni vs CK
Bowser Kings potential Lynch here
or the just developed me vs Marc
Lynch being the people who are getting ganged up on? And are about to die with enough votes?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Kataefi: Yes.

Also, I totally meant Burger King in my previous post and not sasukebowser. =p

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Activity Log

Activity Log:

Kataefi:
Today, 09:33 PM
KevinM:
Today, 09:29 PM
Marc:
Today, 09:24 PM
Omni:
Today, 09:08 PM
ChiboSempai:
Today, 08:44 PM
bowser king:
Today, 08:39 PM
§teel:
Today, 08:04 PM
KayLo!:
Today, 07:17 PM
Mike G:
Today, 05:01 PM
airgemini:
Today, 04:20 PM
Crimson King:
Today, 03:15 PM
Teranosaurus Rex:
Today, 02:53 PM
Hylian:
Today, 02:25 PM
Tom:
Today, 01:51 PM
Vyse:
Yesterday, 10:24 PM
-Hilt-:
Yesterday, 03:17 AM

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
A lot has happened while I was gone. Regarding the Marc and Kevin battle: I have nothing on that. Marc was a bit pushy on BK who had school excuses, but I did like how probing his was. I do not feel confident enough on him to lynch him, but I do feel that he is coasting intentionally. With Mafia, if any of the veteran players are teamed with the newer people, they will tell them to lie low. It's a great plan to make newbies avoid outing themselves.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
There's still a lot of people that haven't given final input recently. We've been at this day for over a week, and only 6 people have casted votes.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Sorry Tom, just now got around to answering your questions.

First of all, unvote

how do you feel about whats going on
It's a bit confusing, to be honest. I've had problems keeping up with the discussions and trying to take it all in, seeing how fast it's moved lately, haha.

who would you lynch right now
Question's a lot harder than I expected it to be... I'm not as ready to jump on the BK Bandwagon as some others are, although I do see him acting scummy. It seems to me he's either panicking because he really (somehow) doesn't realize why people started voting for him, or panicked about people figuring him out slowly, that he's mafia, even though he lied low. I just can't understand why HE can't understand why people are voting for him. However, I've also been thinking about how BK avoided the question twice about "who he thought was suspicious" early in the game. It would seem a mafia member who's new to the game... wouldn't really know how to answer this question without a lot of time to make up someone they're suspicious of. Actually, I'm more suspicious of BK than I thought.

As for the Kevin vs Marc dilemma, I'm a bit leaning towards being suspicious of Marc, due to his reaction to Omni saying he "likes the way Kevin thinks". Omni could have merely been saying he likes the way kevin broke down what Marc said, I don't know. But this suspicion is only light. Just something I'll be paying more attention to.

However, chibo's someone I've been a bit suspicious of for awhile now. He's doing a lot of what Kevin accused Marc of doing, actually. Using the main purpose of his own posts to draw attention to BK. Whether it be chibo questioning BK, putting him on the spot, or drawing attention to him with posts about him (not directly talking to him), it just seems like chibo's working really hard to keep the conversation directed as much as possible onto BK. I may be looking too much into this, but that's how it looks like to me.

why shouldnt we lynch you
Okay this question's a lot harder, haha. I have no real reason for you to NOT lynch me, and my inactivity is, as far as I can tell, the only thing I've done that's been suspicious (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't really answer this question >.>

what do you think about omni
I'm not as suspicious of Omni as I use to be. To be entirely honest, I'm a bit interested in this "power" he has, but considering having him around may put the town at risk, I'm hesitant to let him live past day two, depending on how day one goes towards him. I don't think he's lying about being independent, that doesn't really seem like something you'd lie about and it benefit you at the same time (unless you're jester). It'd almost be the same thing as someone just randomly saying "I'm mafia!". Whether or not they actually ARE mafia, it's not going to benefit them to tell us that they are. However the main difference is that Independents CAN have something that COULD benefit the town. I'm sure this would be unlikely, but it's a lot more likely than it would be for someone in Mafia. Omni having this I think is pretty likely, to be honest. I think he told us that he's independent, not thinking at the time that he... can't tell us why him being independent could or may benefit us.

Maybe something happens if Omni is lynched. Maybe something happens if CK is lynched. Maybe CK really is Mafia and Omni has some kind of intel on it (this obviously wouldn't be the end of his ability). Maybe Omni is mafia, and wants to eliminate some of his hardest competition. This looks really likely because, well, let's say Omni's mafia and want's CK out of the game for some reason. If we don't lynching CK or Omni, and the mafia ends up night killing CK, more than likely the next day, the town WILL lynch Omni, since it'll be HIGHLY likely that he's in the mafia, since he was the main (and pretty much the only) one that's wanted CK dead. This is considering that Omni just wanted CK dead due to him being a threat.

However, considering Omni is independent, he doesn't really have a reason to benefit the town, considering he has to win according to his own win conditions, and our win condition doesn't mean a damn thing to him.

So I hope you know, Omni, that by telling us that you're independent, you've taken away a lot of our (or at least my) reason to believe CK's mafia. Your win condition most likely does not intertwine with ours. You're not after "The Mafia". You're after whomever your role makes you go after. Apparently that's CK. So, you going after CK (as an independent) doesn't give us much reason to believe that he's mafia. He MAY be mafia, but all you did was make yourself look scummy.

So as for my answer to:
who would you lynch right now
I'm most suspicious of Omni, BK, and Chibo. In that order.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
theres a lot of peanut gallery going on, which is a large group of players having seemingly no opinion except for the general history of the thread and being involved in little discussion besides regurgitating what has happened. this then perpetuates more peanut gallery, because when you're not involved, you're not involving other people. this means there is a lot less scum hunting going on, because you're not forming your own opinions or asking questions, you're just agreeing with other peoples' opinions and answering questions. this then allows scum to get away with everything useless townies are getting away with.

to everyone: if you do not think you are a part of this, it might be a healthy exercise for you to respond to this suggestion, maybe even prove you're not one of the peanut gallery, NOT by citing what has happened, but by starting new things.

ask people questions. make generalizations. make broad, sweeping accusations that will develop into discussion. call someone scum and say why. nitpick something someone said. DO IT BECAUSE YOURE TOWN.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
ck, i cannot shake the feeling that you are scum just buddying up with me on everything i say, sometimes furthering it to a new level. that isn't to say im wanting to lynch you, but it is a constant thought.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Right now for suspects I've got.

1. BK
2. Marc
3. CK
4. Chibo

I can't get over the fact that everytime I see you guys post I tend to pick up little scum tells or just general weird observations.

I'm fine with any of those four lynches, otherwise I don't think I have a good enough read on anyone else to lynch them.

The only other suspicious thing I've noticed is Air posting more then normal, good be a scum prod, but he also said he's more interested in the game so if so good for him.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Would you do anything different in his situation or are you just piggybacking onto what veteren players are saying?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
ck, i cannot shake the feeling that you are scum just buddying up with me on everything i say, sometimes furthering it to a new level. that isn't to say im wanting to lynch you, but it is a constant thought.
Then, lynch me and waste a day. I've done nothing but work to root out anti-town players, which right now is indies and inactives. If you aren't helping town, you are hurting town. If that is scummy, then I guess I'm scum. So, lynch me, and prove yourself wrong.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Then, lynch me and waste a day. I've done nothing but work to root out anti-town players, which right now is indies and inactives. If you aren't helping town, you are hurting town. If that is scummy, then I guess I'm scum. So, lynch me, and prove yourself wrong.
hhhmmmmmmmm

Omni

BRoomer
You herd the the man. Lettuce makeup his wish *** true true!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Omni, I seriously don't even get why you play Mafia games. You have contributed NOTHING to this game, even remotely. In fact, they only reason we aren't lynching you is because it's a waste of our time. Provide something that is actually useful, or just stop posting.

Tom: to expound, if you feel I am scummy, that's fine. There is nothing I can really do to persuade you differently, but I'd rather worry about the inactives who refused to post (BK for example as show that he can suddenly become active) and the indies who won't help town at all. These people just get in they way of good scumhunting, and with a game like this, with a lot of new people, we need to make our lynches count.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So you're indie, you have a "superpower," you know for sure that CK is mafia rather than town or indie, but you'll die if you tell anybody what your so-called power is???

Why did you tell us this on Day 1 rather than waiting a Night or two first? It seems like something you'd want to keep hidden (to avoid, I dunno, getting nightkilled maybe @.@), so from where I'm standing, you look mighty suspicious right about now for having spilled all that.
@Omni:

I'd kind of appreciate it if you answered the questions I asked you, including confirming the first sentence-question-thingy. -_-

Omni

BRoomer
Omni, I seriously don't even get why you play Mafia games. You have contributed NOTHING to this game, even remotely. In fact, they only reason we aren't lynching you is because it's a waste of our time. Provide something that is actually useful, or just stop posting.
I half inn form everyone that you bar scum scum.

My restriction cakes it very very hard for me to contribution.

Stop wine wing and ring wing outside feelings inn two this game game. I sam playground wing the game; justice knot in a way you wood lye king me to since it foots you under the radar radar.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So you're indie, you have a "superpower," you know for sure that CK is mafia rather than town or indie, but you'll die if you tell anybody what your so-called power is???

Why did you tell us this on Day 1 rather than waiting a Night or two first? It seems like something you'd want to keep hidden (to avoid, I dunno, getting nightkilled maybe @.@), so from where I'm standing, you look mighty suspicious right about now for having spilled all that.
@Omni:

I'd kind of appreciate it if you answered the questions I asked you, including confirming the first sentence-question-thingy. -_-
@Omni:

Top Bottom