• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'd rather lynch Bowser King and see if Omni's game plan changes at all tomorrow.
I guess this works then. The question is this: what do we gain from lynching BK? He left a HUGE scumtell in his second most recent post, but I believe he's a new guy, so it's just a shot that we may get mafia.

BK: if you don't want to die, please post. We need to actually get information from you.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Also, I'd like the investigator to hit either Chibo or Kaylo tonight. Don't mention who you are, unless BK is mafia, and your target comes up mafia. I, originally, was going to say to investigate me, just to clear myself, but I think these two are worth checking on. Chibo seems hellbent on us not lynching Omni and trying to make me look suspicious should he die tonight. Also, as Tom point out, he is trying to do the whole Wine In Front of me thing, which is a great mafia plan. With Kaylo, she's been noticeably absent, and with her quick joining of Omni, I'm wondering where she really stands.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
dont want my questions towards all these players to be lost on the bottom of the last page, so repost:

airgemini
vyse
bowserking
hilt
kaylo
mike g

how do you feel about whats going on
who would you lynch right now
why shouldnt we lynch you
what do you think about omni

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i dont think its a good idea to direct investigations, ck. just vig shots. i dont find chibo scummy.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'll concede that saying who to investigate was a bad idea. I just get some bad vibes from Chibo's defense of Omni.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The reason I'm for lynching BK is because he's the only inactive member to give us any kind of hint that me might be mafia. I was originally on the boat for doing something related to Omni, which I wanted to lynch Tom as it was the safest vote of the 3. Then I thought about the no lynch possibility, and possibly lynching Omni, but I was persuaded not to vote No Lynch and then the possibility of Omni being a Jester came up. Why would I be hellbent on not lynching Omni if he's independent? I'm just hellbent I suppose on not loosing this on the first day lol.

I already figure that whoever has the power to will settle Omni in N1, so by D2 I would see Omni being a safe lynch that I would support. It's already been proven that he's likely not a townie, and by waiting a day it should clear the doubt if he is a Jester or a Lyncher or whatever.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Or we could investigate Omni and see if he's actually useful or worth just lynching.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The reason I'm for lynching BK is because he's the only inactive member to give us any kind of hint that me might be mafia. I was originally on the boat for doing something related to Omni, which I wanted to lynch Tom as it was the safest vote of the 3. Then I thought about the no lynch possibility, and possibly lynching Omni, but I was persuaded not to vote No Lynch and then the possibility of Omni being a Jester came up. Why would I be hellbent on not lynching Omni if he's independent? I'm just hellbent I suppose on not loosing this on the first day lol.

I already figure that whoever has the power to will settle Omni in N1, so by D2 I would see Omni being a safe lynch that I would support. It's already been proven that he's likely not a townie, and by waiting a day it should clear the doubt if he is a Jester or a Lyncher or whatever.
How would waiting a day clear any of those? Jesters win regardless which day they get lynched. Lynchers can have the same target for the entire game as well.

The Lyncher is a third-party role whose win condition is to get a specific person (the Lynchee) lynched. The Lynchee is usually, but not always, a townie. If the Lynchee is lynched while the Lyncher is alive, the latter wins. If the Lyncher dies first, he loses. If the Lynchee is nightkilled, typically the Lyncher assumes the pro-Town win condition.

If a Lynchee is lynched before any other faction has won, the game generally continues to determine other winners, although in very small games, the game is generally over. If the game does continue, the lyncher exits the game with an independent victory.
Basically, I don't see how Omni suddenly changes come Day 2.

Or we could investigate Omni and see if he's actually useful or worth just lynching.
He already claimed indie, and he is not playing pro-town. Unless his play style changes, I don't see him helping townies.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just looked it up I wasn't aware it just showed alignment heh.

There are just so many factors.

For all we know CK is the godfather which is why he isn't afraid of being investigated.

I'm going to think about some things and read over this topic again.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's already been suggested over and over by multiple people in this thread like Tom that if anyone has a night killing power that they should take out Omni. I would also hope anyone with half a mind that has the power would do the same lol. If a Jester is the game, then a counter to him will be in it as well. If Omni is still alive D2, then there is nothing else we can do because whoever has the power to kill at night (if there is one, and if there is a Jester there would be a night killer) should kill Omni.

So if Omni is still alive tomorrow, then either
1. Whoever can kill at night isn't doing their job and won't likely kill him any night, so the only other option would be to lynch him anyway
or
2. There isn't someone with the power to kill at night (or day in which case Omni would already be dead) which would mean there is no Jester making Omni safe to lynch.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Chibo, stop thinking in absolutes.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Mafia would probably want to kill the Jester and by not lynching Omni toDay, we're giving them room to do so. They know he's likely to get lynched on Day 2 if he doesn't die during the Night, so they also have to consider the possibility of playing for second place.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's already been suggested over and over by multiple people in this thread like Tom that if anyone has a night killing power that they should take out Omni. I would also hope anyone with half a mind that has the power would do the same lol. If a Jester is the game, then a counter to him will be in it as well. If Omni is still alive D2, then there is nothing else we can do because whoever has the power to kill at night (if there is one, and if there is a Jester there would be a night killer) should kill Omni.

So if Omni is still alive tomorrow, then either
1. Whoever can kill at night isn't doing their job and won't likely kill him any night, so the only other option would be to lynch him anyway
or
2. There isn't someone with the power to kill at night (or day in which case Omni would already be dead) which would mean there is no Jester making Omni safe to lynch.
I actually like this line of thought. It's a bit presumptuous, but I like it. I'm on board.

Mafia would probably want to kill the Jester and by not lynching Omni toDay, we're giving them room to do so. They know he's likely to get lynched on Day 2 if he doesn't die during the Night, so they also have to consider the possibility of playing for second place.
Marc, we SHARE the win. Jester winning doesn't diminish our win anymore. You are assuming the Mafia is going to think like you when it'd be smarter for them to let us waste Daylight on hunting a Jester.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Chibo's plan fish too narrow minded minded. Marc Marc all ready X plane duh that BUS'ing code bee in volvo.
Occam's Razor. You are defending yourself that requires a ton of assumptions. If we start with that line of thought, we'd never get anywhere.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Occam's Razor basically says the answer that requires the least assumptions is correct. You are saying that Marc's suggesting that bussing exists is enough to disprove Chibo's scenario. Chibo's scenario has a lot more errors than that, so I'm not sure why you went that route first.

Do you have anything to add at all? You are pretty much our lynch candidate for tomorow unless you die tonight or we get a stronger lead come Day 2. Are you going to vote for Bowser King? Give us something here!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
After reading everything I missed, I think it's obvious that whether Omni is town, jester, mafia, or whatever, he's causing chaos in the town and clouding our judgement, which is why I FoS'd him. Killing him will provide us with some useful information, and I think it's better to lynch him now when numbers are heavily in our favor rather than later when we could potentially need all the town members we can get.

The only problem with lynching him would be if he turns out to have some obscenely powerful role we wish we hadn't offed, but I'm personally willing to take on those chances.

At the moment, the people I'd lynch are Omni and Bowser King, mainly because of what I've already said above about Omni and the fact that Bowser King's activity is below what I'd expect even out of someone who's been fairly busy irl. Also, when he does post, he says very little and caused a big amount of suspicion with the way he worded this post, which set off some minor alarms for me as well:

Wow this thread is moving fast O_o

Steel, I don't see why your voting for me. I haven't said anything that would show that I'm mafia.
As for why you shouldn't lynch me, I'm not really a veteran of these games, so a newb like me doesn't really know what comes off as scummy/non-scummy besides the very obvious things, lol. I'm being active when I can, I've honestly answered every single question CK, Tom, and whoever else has thrown at me, and I haven't bandwagoned anybody.

SPEAKING OF THAT: This goes out to everyone who insists on repeating that I was voting based off of Omni's vote:

1st Official Vote Count:
(4): §teel : KevinM, Tom, Crimson King, Hylian
(1): Crimson King : KayLo!
(1): bowser king: Vyse
(1): Hylian: §teel

(9) Not voting: -Hilt-, Mini Mic, Omni, Virgilijus, o-Serin-o, bowser king, airgemini, Teran17, Nya~! :3
Hell yeah, *******, I voted CK before Omni ever did, so I don't know where you're getting this "following after Omni" bull****..... I never followed Omni. I might have agreed with him at some point in the game (don't remember), but let's not forget that Tom and CK have been agreeing with each other this entire Day, so why am I getting called out for this?

Also, I really wish you guys would hop off and cut people some slack on the inactivity. I swear to god if I get lynched from some stupid reason like, I dunno, actively trying to find a job irl, I'll break somebody's face. That's why the Day is two weeks long before Night falls -- so people can have a life, thanks. :mad:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Are you guys still after 1 replacement? kaylo's sort of persuaded me to join... I don't really know what's going on though

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
BK: if you don't want to die, please post. We need to actually get information from you.
The only reason I haven't posted is due to school. School has just started this Tuesday for me so I have no internet connection for 8 hours (that's not counting the time I have to do homework).

If you really want info out of me then I'm ready to answer. Trust me, I'm just a newb at this game. If anything I've said makes you think that I'm mafia, I can guarantee that it's just me being a noob.

Take the my response to Steel for example. The last sentence was just a screw up, nothing else. If a veteran player had said it I could see why people would get suspicious.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
7th Official Vote Count:
(4): bowser king: §teel, Crimson King, KevinM, ChiboSempai
(1): Crimson King : Omni
(1): Omni: -Hilt-

(10) Not voting: Mike G, bowser king, airgemini, Teran17, Kataefi, Vyse, Marc, Hylian, KayLo!, Tom

With 16 alive, it takes a vote of 9 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for September 16th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

Kataefi has replaced Nya~! :3. (Your timing was funny, right when I was announce how many hours Nya~! :3 had left until a modkill.)

I'll add the activity log here in a bit.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
After reading everything I missed, I think it's obvious that whether Omni is town, jester, mafia, or whatever, he's causing chaos in the town and clouding our judgement, which is why I FoS'd him.
Rofl, after reading back some, I realized I never actually FoS'd Omni -- just thought I did before, because I was thinking about it but never wrote it down since I'm a major idiot. -_-

FoS: Omni

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
airgemini
I've already posted my thoughts about this Tommy boy, don't hurt me. I got paged and you might've missed it.

I answered the 4th, and 1st question in the below quote:

I'm starting to lean towards Omni being a good boy and not a dirty one mostly on points already stated. But how do we know he's not just making up this post restriction?

What if he has some hidden ability that when CK gets lynched he can post normally? It might be why he's so hardcore on lynching him. I doubt this is likely, just a thought that came to mind.

I do think that Omni's death would give us information, but for now I agree with pressuring the ones coasting and make a final verdict the day before the deadline.

I appear to be contradicting myself a lot in this post.
As for the other two I don't know about any notable lynch canidates so far. Is it possible to not lynch Omni today and have someone investigate him at night to see if he's legit Indie or not?

I don't think I should be lynched because I'm following everything and actually posting at least once everyday with something that I consider 'contributing' compared to my previous mafia games. I don't think I should be punished.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Not saying that I don't understand how much time school takes up, cause it does, but there was till 6 days of this game before your school started, and another 2 days after where there is plenty of time at night.

You've been on SWF everyday since the game started except for this past Sunday. On the 2nd day this game was up you were on the boards almost all day. Only 7 posts is pretty inactive, and factor in your response to Steel makes you a target.

Don't take anything I'm saying personally, I'm just analyzing the situation since you're a potential lynch candidate.

I understand the rules, I just wanted to wait a bit before voting.
So far I'm not sure who I would vote. However, I would probably vote someone who said something that would bother me like quickly changing opinions for no apparent reason.

So far I have some suspicions but I'm not ready to vote right now.
This was early enough that I doubt anyone (except pro experienced players) would already be diverting attention and playing mindgames. You claim to know how to play the game, and that your idea of suspicious activity is quickly changing your vote.

Steel has changed votes a few times, and when he switched to you, you weren't sure why. I'm sure this put a blip on your radar as Steel being suspicious, putting you in a defensive state. While this almost gives you a reason for posting as you did, still the combination of being inactive + posting defensively only when you were voted (which seemed random to you) doesn't look good at all. If you had instead simply voted Steel since he seems suspicious in your book, that would follow your playstyle (as it seems) better. Even a FoS would seem more appropriate. The path you took (your post) didn't seem right.

All together, it just doesn't sit well with me at least, and with some others as well I assume.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I should add that at the moment, I'm not counting Omni for any side, because I don't 100% believe anything he's saying about his role, be it town, mafia, or indie.

He obviously has some crazy restriction (which seems legit since the game had to restart after he posted normally), and I'm leaning towards believing that he's indie -- but I just wanted to clarify since my last post implied that I thought he was town rather than mafia or indie.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My last post was obviously to BK btw lol

I got sidetracked in the middle of typing it and it took a bit so some other ppl were able to slip in some posts between em

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
dont want my questions towards all these players to be lost on the bottom of the last page, so repost:

I'm at a slow pace with this thread so bare with me guys as I am also a noob to mafia. Feel free to criticize when necessary. I need it lol

Well for one, I'm opposed to giving out the lynch to someone that might have useful info. However, after said info is given out, whether beneficial or not, then I'll decide to give the lynch based on that and other points of that person.

Right now I'm close to throwing out the lynch to BK. He could be telling the truth about school and what not but something about him isn't right. Who knows, I might change my mind once things play out later =D

You don't wanna lynch me, I'm new and and I can assure you that I'm very honest in my post and the rest to follow =D

on the subject of Omni, I want to know what he knows.

I hope I did it right =p

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Not saying that I don't understand how much time school takes up, cause it does, but there was till 6 days of this game before your school started, and another 2 days after where there is plenty of time at night.
The first few days were really slow. There wasn't much I had to say so I didn't.

You've been on SWF everyday since the game started except for this past Sunday. On the 2nd day this game was up you were on the boards almost all day. Only 7 posts is pretty inactive, and factor in your response to Steel makes you a target.
Again, the first few days were really inactive. 2 of my posts were actually on the 2nd day.

I've already explained my response to Steel.

This was early enough that I doubt anyone (except pro experienced players) would already be diverting attention and playing mindgames. You claim to know how to play the game, and that your idea of suspicious activity is quickly changing your vote.
Again, I do know HOW to play but I've never actually played before. I don't know anything about the mindgames or other stuff that people use in this game.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
on the subject of Omni, I want to know what he knows.
The only the wing I no fish that Crimson King fish Mafia Mafia.

**** kite half wing a super power, but you dye if you tale anyone about it it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So you're indie, you have a "superpower," you know for sure that CK is mafia rather than town or indie, but you'll die if you tell anybody what your so-called power is???

Why did you tell us this on Day 1 rather than waiting a Night or two first? It seems like something you'd want to keep hidden (to avoid, I dunno, getting nightkilled maybe @.@), so from where I'm standing, you look mighty suspicious right about now for having spilled all that.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Bowser King's defense was so weak I wish I was two people to throw another vote on that fine ass.
What more can I say? It's not like I can give another reason for inactivity.

From what I've seen so far, the main reason I'm getting voted against is because I've been inactive so a bunch of people are assuming that because I'm the least active member I could be a possible mafia.

How do I make an argument against that? Say that I'm not mafia and tell them my reasons for being inactive? I've already done that. Beyond that I don't see much more I can do.

I've also given my reasons against steel's post. What else can I say against that? Saying I made a noob mistake is pretty much all I can say.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The suspicious part is that you didn't say anything until people started prodding you, which is either newbtell or scumtell.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You didn't post before, why? Did one of your Mafia buddies tell you you were getting heat for being inactive? School johns don't really cut it considering how much you're responding now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Basically at this point I'm for either Bowser King or Marc.

Marc you're doing exactly what I look to do when scum in mafia, which is stay active by attacking weaker players and dealing with game theory. In this way you stay active by agreeing with public appeals, and looking like your helping, but in reality you're playing a game where it's really really hard for you to make a lynch worthy mistake.

Also you ask specific questions to players that again only deal with game theory, A way in which I would make someone be more comfortable of me but yet not putting myself out there at all.

However out of the two of you Bowser Kings blatant inactivity and not helping at all is more alarming to me at the moment.

Top Bottom