• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I was being a smartass

Because in the previous mafia I was in there was a lot of talk about Virg's and bunny's post restriction

I didn't see the harm in simply pointing it out

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, now that it's been pointed out, we should keep it in mind.

I'm going to stick to my vote from before.

Vote: Crimson King

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Kaylo, and anyone else who said voting was stupid now: google Random Voting Stage.

Also, google OMGUS.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The following links, stolen from Tom, may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.
use these

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

and that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I learned a lot of mafia from both Broom and EpicMafia, so I get the "No Lynch" on day 1 mentality because it yields some time to go investigations and what not, but now, is when people are most vulnerable and most likely to show their true roles. So with that in mind:

Vote: Hylian

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Using random.org I generated a number between 1 and 16 and I got a 15.
Vote: Bowser King

You have embarrassed me for the last time :mad:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Kevin you have to unvote if your vote for vyse is to be counted

With that said i'm going to go with CK

unvote: air. vote: hylian

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I Ice ice cream good.
FOUND a a noun sometimes.
A before before Z.
WAY to to at this game.
TO or not to to.
TALK cheap cheap mother****a!
NORMALLY I I breakfast at noon.

Or maybe I tan chalk like this this.
Yeah. For now on I hill chalk like like this.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Using random.org I generated a number between 1 and 16 and I got a 15.
Vote: Bowser King

You have embarrassed me for the last time :mad:
what would you have done if you rolled an 11?

Kevin you have to unvote if your vote for vyse is to be counted

With that said i'm going to go with CK

unvote: air. vote: hylian
i dont understand your vote. you're going with CK? what is CK doing? (in YOUR words, CK dont answer this ****)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
what would you have done if you rolled an 11?

i dont understand your vote. you're going with CK? what is CK doing? (in YOUR words, CK dont answer this ****)
Maybe I should have said "I'm going with CK's vote".

CK isn't doing anything

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Because we're in D1 with no information about each other. I'm taking a lucky guess, what other basis do I have?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you're taking a lucky guess? so if you're guessing why did you guess to vote exactly what CK voted? you didn't say "ill go with voting hylian" you said "ill go with what CK did." it doesnt look like a guess at all it just looks like you're voting someone who already has votes.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
first of all: you deflecting? why don't you simply answer my question? if your vote wasn't random, own up to it and explain why you voted. if you still think it was a totally random vote, explain to me why you voted what CK voted.

answering your deflection questions: kevinM gave you advice on how to play the game better and you snapped back at him sarcastically with an "oh so that means Im mafia?" which could easily be seen as an "And I'm scum for that?" post. basically scum gets singled out for scum for a reason that is logically reaching and not necessarily good, and the scum responds with "well THAT doesnt make me scum so obviously im NOT scum!" its something that always catches my eye, even on D1 RVS where its all the **** ive got.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
first of all: you deflecting? why don't you simply answer my question? if your vote wasn't random, own up to it and explain why you voted. if you still think it was a totally random vote, explain to me why you voted what CK voted.

answering your deflection questions: kevinM gave you advice on how to play the game better and you snapped back at him sarcastically with an "oh so that means Im mafia?" which could easily be seen as an "And I'm scum for that?" post. basically scum gets singled out for scum for a reason that is logically reaching and not necessarily good, and the scum responds with "well THAT doesnt make me scum so obviously im NOT scum!" its something that always catches my eye, even on D1 RVS where its all the **** ive got.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
There isn't much to go on atm, but I'm gonna agree with Tom's point here. Your vote on Hylian isn't really random if you're choosing to bandwagon with CK right off the bat.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Of course I went for someone who already had a vote. That's how a lot of votes are accumulated, especially on random voting stages. You may or may not, but there are bound to be people that will just follow along to get the day's lynch over with.

Was Kevin really giving me legit advice? Or was he trying to push my buttons or get something else out of me? So I just responded back with something sarcastic, something that is just a part of my personality. I find your vote as random as mine tbh.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Mafia: the the game where the biggest bully winds.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Was Kevin really giving me legit advice? Or was he trying to push my buttons or get something else out of me? So I just responded back with something sarcastic, something that is just a part of my personality. I find your vote as random as mine tbh.
no no no you're wrong and no

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Of course I went for someone who already had a vote. That's how a lot of votes are accumulated, especially on random voting stages. You may or may not, but there are bound to be people that will just follow along to get the day's lynch over with.
Or you know...you vote people to see their reactions and get them to talk to get a better idea of what you want to do while paying attention to others reactions to your vote as well.

Random band wagoning or just following in a shadow to stay safe?

Vote: Steel

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer

And that ladies and gentlemen is why RVS is a good thing. My vote on Hylian was COMPLETELY random and without merit whatsoever, yet you quickly decided what I was doing was good. Mafia want townies out, and while I am not saying Hylian is a townie, you went for a quick bandwagon without much hesitation, as well as, pawning the whole thing off on me.

unvote vote: steel
- Want this vote off? Give me your top 3 most suspicious people, and if they day had to end now, who would it be and why? Or you could just keep doing what I am doing and vote for yourself.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
That too, and random band wagoning it is, which is basically what your vote is too. But voting for me will only lynch a key town member.

Though what can I do? Tom pressured me and people can nitpick at my words. Guess that's what inexperience gets me in the RVS.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
1st Official Vote Count:
(4): §teel : KevinM, Tom, Crimson King, Hylian
(1): Crimson King : KayLo!
(1): bowser king: Vyse
(1): Hylian: §teel

(9) Not voting: -Hilt-, Mini Mic, Omni, Virgilijus, o-Serin-o, bowser king, airgemini, Teran17, Nya~! :3

With 16 alive, it takes a vote of 9 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for September 16th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That too, and random band wagoning it is, which is basically what your vote is too. But voting for me will only lynch a key town member.

Though what can I do? Tom pressured me and people can nitpick at my words. Guess that's what inexperience gets me in the RVS.
you aren't dead right now. nobody is going to hammer you that fast. you dont need to roledrop like "key town member" thats dumb. just continue to argue and make valid points. you aren't the only player anyone is going to focus on Day 1, you're just the one in focus right NOW. scummy things will happen.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
@ck
Top 3?

Kaylo/Hylian - Quiet but still here, responses are very safe and something just rubs me the wrong way

Tom - A lot of aggression the entire day thus far, bringing attention off himself letting people focus on my answers.

And thinking it over more, if the day had to end now I would vote Tom. If my suspicions be correct, Mafia has a far too strong of a player on their side to let go too far into the game.

also my vote for hylian wasn't completely "cus you did," but I was limiting it to someone who already had a vote, yes.

unvote vote: Tom

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Do you expect people to post stupidly steel? Why do safe posts make you suspicious?

I can understand activity maybe, but I just got off work. I haven't been posting on the boards for at least 6 hours till now. A lot of other people haven't even posted yet, how can you possibly use that excuse?. Seem like you just pulled that reasoning out of nowhere and didn't actually think about it at all.

This may be my first mafia, but I like to think things through. There really isn't a reason for me to switch my vote so I'll just keep it until something prods me otherwise.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
This is RVS. If something rubs me the wrong way, that's all I can really go with at this point.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom - A lot of aggression the entire day thus far, bringing attention off himself letting people focus on my answers.

And thinking it over more, if the day had to end now I would vote Tom. If my suspicions be correct, Mafia has a far too strong of a player on their side to let go too far into the game.

also my vote for hylian wasn't completely "cus you did," but I was limiting it to someone who already had a vote, yes.

super dumb. sorry bro but look at what you just wrote after reading what i write. super dumb.

1. there was no attention on me before i started questioning you. how am i bringing attention off of myself by letting people focus on your answers? thats impossible.

2. your logic is "since im good at mafia i should be eliminated." that is awful. i have NEVER seen an intelligent lynch led with that logic. in fact, i have seen the OPPOSITE happen - ive seen people eliminate the weakest to try to get the most powerful endgame before, but ive NEVER heard any good reasoning behind "you're good at mafia so we should eliminate you."

3. until i pressured you for an answer, you never stated that you were eliminating possible vote candidates based on who already had a vote and who didn't.

4. look up OMGUS in the mafiascum wiki i provided to everyone earlier. you are simply focusing on me with bad logic because i focused on you with decent logic. i will say again that you are not the only person im going to put in the spotlight this game. I plan on doing it to everyone.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
1 - "Bringing attention off" = "Avoiding attention" rather.

2 - Why get rid of the weaker player who will most likely have little effect later in the game? Airgemini lasted a long time in the previous mafia (no offense meant) and he never did anything while KevinM (who I'm guessing is an experienced player) was killed quickly.

3 - wait, what?

4 - I don't have much to go off of, tom. I don't see how your logic can qualify as "decent" either.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
1 - "Bringing attention off" = "Avoiding attention" rather.

2 - Why get rid of the weaker player who will most likely have little effect later in the game? Airgemini lasted a long time in the previous mafia (no offense meant) and he never did anything while KevinM (who I'm guessing is an experienced player) was killed quickly.

3 - wait, what?

4 - I don't have much to go off of, tom. I don't see how your logic can qualify as "decent" either.
1. questioning another player is not avoiding attention. when A questions B, both A and B are in the forefront of discussion. F, G, and H, who have yet to post or are not actively playing, are avoiding attention. once you accept that fact, you will recognize that if i wanted to avoid attention, i could do it a lot easier than what you're seeing now.

2. im talking Lynch logic not Nightkill logic. Why are your thoughts dedicated towards killing people at Night?

3. until i started dogging you about it, your vote was "random" but you had chosen someone who already had a vote. only afterwards did you STATE that you were choosing from all the people with votes. understood?

4. then you're dumb.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
1 - yup, but your playstyle has the capability of players instilling their trust in you. maybe i'm COMPLETELY wrong, or maybe i'm right. heck, this could be how you play every mafia and i'm just going off instincts.

2 - my thoughts dedicated towards killing people at night? I don't understand the question, reword plz

3 - yup

4 - ok then.

and I understand OMGUS now, but how can it hint towards scum when it could simply be a town trying to get through D1?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
@ck
Top 3?

Kaylo/Hylian - Quiet but still here, responses are very safe and something just rubs me the wrong way

Focusing on Kaylo/Hylian: why them two? A LOT of people have been coasting since the game started, so because these two posted very little that is enough for you want to bandwagon Hylian? Your criteria makes sense in hindsight, but I think a random vote on Kaylo would have been just as fruitful as Hylian. Think about it this way: my vote (and yours) on Hylian got him posting more. Had you put pressure on Kaylo, the same may have been achieved.

So, my question is this, you placed them two above Tom. Other than retaliation voting, or OMGUS, why not vote for either of them this time?

I am trying to figure out where you are standing, Steel. Your little role drop is a classic newbie scumtell: when you are pressured, toss off that you may be a very viable power role. You even mentioned KEY town role. That isn't good for town at all if true.

Bad, bad, bad mentality. All roles are, usually, randomly assigned. I know for a fact Tom uses a random number generator when assigning roles, so there is no correlation between powerful role/skilled player. In fact, by targeting players experience/ability, you are just as likely to hit a doctor, detective, or whatever.

I plan on doing it to everyone.
That's what she said.

Top Bottom