• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
i've completely forgetten what your old sig looked like probably because I like this one a lot more, but tbh i prefer your old avatar, this one is still good though.
and your sig will look even better if you put a border round it

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
how important is it to DACUS with sheik? I use a classic controller and I changed one of my zbuttons to attack to make it easier but when now I don't grab. So how necessary is it to sheiks game ?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
2 of the top Sheiks don't use it at all, though it has its uses. Personal preference, not exactly a necessity.

KRiMz0N

Smash Journeyman
my feet are draggin down on this dusty old road
how important is it to DACUS with sheik? I use a classic controller and I changed one of my zbuttons to attack to make it easier but when now I don't grab. So how necessary is it to sheiks game ?
2 of the top Sheiks don't use it at all, though it has its uses. Personal preference, not exactly a necessity.
at first i thought he said how necessary is sheik's grab game, and you responded as such. i was extremely confused, because i thought sheik's grab game was one of the best

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Learning DACUS is great as it adds a new dimension to Sheik but if Sheik isn't your main then the reward for doing so isn't much as it's very difficult to use properly in higher levels of play(not to mention preforming it on command which takes muscle memory) but at the end of the day it's worth having.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Ah I see i'll just switch my buttons back then or I'll switch it to something else so I can have the option open just in case it's needed.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i would DACUS more but i still can't do it consistently :)

if you can do it, use it, it is great for KO's and no one expects it (ever)

unless u are spamming it

though if u can spam it, u will never lose LOL DACUS SPAM RAPEESSSS

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I was wondering: What is the true applicability of footstool combos in a real match? I have yet to see anyone use them and I wanted to start incorporating them in my game. I've recently started trying them in my game but I keep fudging up the double jump so that I can footstool.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes, which is kind of a testament to footstools uselessness, the only time you do it is when the person is stunned and immobile.

*Edit* Woo, go Tristan with the first doubles Sheik team...ever. Is this Cross guy any good? Arguably the best Sheik in West Virginia isn't the highest critical acclaim.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yes, which is kind of a testament to footstools uselessness, the only time you do it is when the person is stunned and immobile.

*Edit* Woo, go Tristan with the first doubles Sheik team...ever. Is this Cross guy any good? Arguably the best Sheik in West Virginia isn't the highest critical acclaim.
Well neither is Virginia or anywhere really beside maybe CA because there are two know sheiks from there but he point being he's good.

I mean... I'm teaming up with him and I HATE doubles but I do like money. :3

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
How do I know when I do sheiks vanish glide thing right? Also that needle glide thing i keep killing my self any tips?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The needle glide thing is pretty situational, so if you're bad at timing then I'd just not bother.

You'll know you did Sheik's Vanish glide correctly when she doesn't fall or jump as she slides off an edge.

stoneswithstand

Smash Apprentice
Ill try again

For the ftilt combo I usually end with the upsmash but if I'm fully loaded with needles then I end with uptilt hoping that the enemy would be hit to the ground for a nice needle ****
I'm probably not paying attention but it seems to only work sometimes
most times, the characters go up in the air.

is it an issue of character weight? character damage?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Ah I see then i've been able to do it right once.....
If you watch my instructional video you will see the Vanish Glide performed correctly. You will also see the Needle Cancel. You need to cancel your Needle Glide and then recover.

My fave use for the Needle Glide is gliding while throwing your Needles and then following up with an airial. However, as Ankoku stated, it's very situational.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I would like to know which one of Sheiks killing moves Sheik mains use, to well actually kill? Do you just transition to Zelda?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
up smash or gimp is usually how sheik kills
Okay. Another small question. Where's the Sheik friend finder? I just started learning Sheik today, and I want to know weather a good wifi Sheik would like to battle or not.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I would like to know which one of Sheiks killing moves Sheik mains use, to well actually kill? Do you just transition to Zelda?
ftilt to usmash is the most effective followed by switching to zelda. After that an offstage bair or fair will probably do it. After that a dsmash then usmash then fsmash in terms of reliability.

maybe I'm a bad sheik, but I don't think you can realistically gimp consistently in a majority of sheik's matchups.

edit: nair is also a reliable kill move offstage. less reliable/gimicky ways to kill are using vanish and vanish gliding and DACUS (this can actually be effective IF AND ONLY IF you are good at using it).

saviorslegacy

#1 Nair when over the pit.

#2 DSmash at the ledge

#3 USmash, wether it is normal, hyphen or DACUS
(best KO move IMO)

#4 Vanish

Just as a tip:
I main Sheik only. I use Zelda just as a boost of strength. However, it is not smart to Transform in the middle of a fight. There should only be about 3 situations that you should transform.

#1 When you knock the foe FAR away from you.
I usally don't use this one. Reason being is if they are already far away then next time they are in Sheiks KO percentage.

#2 When you (you have to have a lot of damage for this to apply) and the foe are at high percents and you are almost out of the screen. This way you can have a safe transformation.
You can also charge needles in this same situation.

#3 When you are KO'd and your opponent is at high percents you can do a jump and then Transform. By the time you reach the ground you will be Zelda and you will have just a split second of invincibility frames. Be ready to shield.
Get your KO in and turn back into Sheik.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Would it be better to use a UAir, whenever you have the chance, instead of SH backwards > FAir? I found out that they're both equally as fast.

Also, is the chain-jacket glitch banned in tournaments?

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
How is the video coming?
not very well since my recording equipment isnt with me but I could send u some replays of when I manage 2 use the chain well in matches if the wait is too long

@ Ray_Kalm: chain jacket is legal as long as u dont freeze the game with it. freeze = instant DQ

stealth3654

Smash Lord
not very well since my recording equipment isnt with me but I could send u some replays of when I manage 2 use the chain well in matches if the wait is too long
That would be great. I have something to record with, so if you send me the replay, I'll be able to upload it.

saviorslegacy

Would it be better to use a UAir, whenever you have the chance, instead of SH backwards > FAir? I found out that they're both equally as fast.

Also, is the chain-jacket glitch banned in tournaments?
#1 IDK

#2 no... only MK's cape glitch.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Whenever I try and short hop the chain then reverse chain lock in training mode, my opponent keeps on jumping out of it. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom