• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ GOML 2 Tournament: TBA ~ GOML 1 Vids are up check first page! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
You're just digging yourself a deeper hole.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dabble - No matter where you look the descriptions are basically exactly the same.

So now explain what "dabbling" with Kingace means, cause right now its looking pretty gay...

And I'm not trying to act smart, I just read your post and laughed cause you either misunderstand what the word means or you've taken an unserious interest in Kingace.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dabble: To undertake something superficially or without serious intent.
To participate or have an interest in, but not so seriously.

Ummm, yeah. That works. You passed English right? I could explain it, but then I would just be redundant with the definition right there.

I check all my stuff you know, who do you think I am anyway? Fo shame.

Is this what you call negative digging?
...or perhaps making a mound. Mounding.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to be persistent about this, but you didn't explain anything. That definition matches the one I gave you.

Your refference to Kingace with that word still makes no sense whatsoever except in that you've taken such an interest in him.

Either that or you could try to push that you've both taken up some kind of mutual nonserious interest.
But that still makes no sense with the language you used, and makes even less sense considering the situation.

So either you just had a misconception about the word's meaning, (which is fine except that you shouldn't have to try and cover it up later) or you just have horrible usage of english.

The problem isn't that you were confused about what the word meant, its that you're trying to argue that you weren't.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I understand why Melee players are pissed off, because I am pissed off as well. But you don't need to go around and troll...

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry to be persistent about this, but you didn't explain anything. That definition matches the one I gave you.

Your refference to Kingace with that word still makes no sense whatsoever except in that you've taken such an interest in him.

Either that or you could try to push that you've both taken up some kind of mutual nonserious interest.
But that still makes no sense with the language you used, and makes even less sense considering the situation.

So either you just had a misconception about the word's meaning, (which is fine except that you shouldn't have to try and cover it up later) or you just have horrible usage of english.

The problem isn't that you were confused about what the word meant, its that you're trying to argue that you weren't.
Alright. "To undertake something superficially or without serious intent."

I used it in the sense that I can partake in conversation with KingAce, in a non serious and intellectual manner, the likes of which I can do with so few people on this forum evidently. You kinda have to follow the previous posts. You see, KingAce understood my reference; so, in a way to say that he was correct I said that he is someone whom I can actually converse with at a reasonable level of diction, or to dabble with in various areas of creative writing/conversation where I don't have to dumb **** down for him to understand.

This isn't ****ing rocket science. Stop making a fool of yourself and get a second opinion next time or something. What were you trying to accomplish anyway? It is rather childish to try to attack one's grammar.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Sorry, even if thats what you meant your post was still in horrible english and you could have used other words to say the same thing much better. Trying to imply as if you're actually smarter by having your sentence lack info so it looks like you dont know what you're talking about is also pretty hilarious.
I'm pretty sure nobody else had a clue what you actualy meant either, chances are not even Kingace himself.

Also you're one to try and call someone else out on childish intent.

Anyways, you can reply to this however you want but it'll definetly be my last post on the matter.

ON TOPIC: This is looking like its going to be a pretty epic tournament! Pools should be really interesting, seeing as no event with pools has actually been run in the GTA yet.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, even if thats what you meant your post was still in horrible english and you could have used other words to say the same thing much better. Trying to imply as if you're actually smarter by having your sentence lack info so it looks like you dont know what you're talking about is also pretty hilarious.
I'm pretty sure nobody else had a clue what you actualy meant either, chances are not even Kingace himself.

Also you're one to try and call someone else out on childish intent.

Anyways, you can reply to this however you want but it'll definetly be my last post on the matter.

ON TOPIC: This is looking like its going to be a pretty epic tournament! Pools should be really interesting, seeing as no event with pools has actually been run in the GTA yet.
I am sorry then.

Sorry that you can't just admit you were wrong. Don't listen to him KingAce! You are not stupid, and everyone else as well! (I can't believe you would try to bring other people down to your level of ineptitude)

I was dabbling, me be childish (lomg)? Hardly. I wasn't trying to imply anything in my statement really, if anything I was trying to imply his correctness.

You are one to talk about horrible English, you should talk to Bernard, he has the most impressive articulation of vocabulary and diction that I have seen on here which I can actually remember. Awe inspiring to say the least.

Just for next time, when you try to battle it out over grammar it should look like you know what you are talking about, at least with the spelling. (please don't interpret this as an attack) :urg:

Thanks for the past couple hours though, it's been fun. :laugh:-Bwahahahaha *arms crossed*

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Geeze guys its Super Smash Bros Not Super Grammar Bros. Anyways Bug, I cant bring that TV anymore, and my brother isnt coming, but I have a friend who should be coming and I probably have access to another TV anyways. So still count me in for 1 person coming besides me and hopefully a TV.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
If 2 of the pools have 7 guys, they should also have less members from the PR in them (if possible). Otherwise its only 'fair' if the pools are completely randomized, which isnt really fair to the guys on the PR.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yea .. theres no way we can run brawl pools if 50 people show up with 9 setups lol
we would probably need 16 setups to run this really smoothly for 8 pools.. 2 setups for each pool.
1 setup for a pool of 7 or 8 people and a 32 man bracket will take too long

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Bug add me to the list :p

And yeah pools would take forever with the amount of people and setups. ****...

Also Niko_K, Bug said a couple pages back that the MK infinite is banned.

KingAce

Smash Ace
"MetaKnight: Stalling Infinite Dimensional Cape

Stalling with this technique is by no means allowed at all..if it is being consecutively used at a time then you will forfeit that round right away without no warning. You can use this move to approach or dodge something but if there is any sign of it being used to waste time then you will forfeit the round."

i wont even lie i think this shud b completely banned cuz your invisible and you cant get hit.. that is too broken for an approach but hey leave it on if you want doesnt matter to me =)

Bug~

Smash Ace
I am probably not going to go by the PR..IMO, I dont feel like it is too accurate..not because im not on it which i dont care but of what its based on and what has happened at times.

I may do pools or not, im still thinking about it.

Ace, go have a debate with stefan lol..he wont stop till he wins :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol.

i see.

so how would seeding be done then? names out of hat sounds good right about now. at least it's less biased than going off "your gut" and openly ignoring the established rankings.

Bug~

Smash Ace
well im prolly gunna choose them myself with me being #1 seeded...

lol jp, umm honestly..I have no idea as of now, im gunna need to think it through. I will have my decision by the tourneys..

if anyone has an idea..post it :)

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
if you have 48 people this is a 'relatively' fair and quick way to do it. (You skip pools altogether)

3 double elimnation style brackets of 16. At the end you have 3 winners and 3 losers. The 3 winners all get an automatic advance to the semi finals and are seeded 1 2 and 3 (randomly of course)

The 3 losers all play each other twice in two best of 3s. You get 3 points for winning 2-0, 2 points for a 2-1, and if you go down 1-2 you get 1 point. The person with the most points wins.

In case of a tie you do a best of 3 winner moves on. In case of a 3 way tie, use the same system as before but with only 1 best of 3 between each competitor.

Once you get to the final four, simply do best of X for the semis and best of Y for the finals.

Not the greatest or simplest idea but it can be modified accordingly to fit certain numbers of guys that are not powers of 2.

I doubt this will be taken seriously but its just a suggestion.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I dont see why you wouldn't use the pr. Even if you dont agree with it, its pretty unfair to just turn around and then just use your own disgression. Especially if you do straight double elim brackets cause seeding in those is even more important.

Also considering the numbers.... seeding with the pr will use such large numbers that spots 1-8 will end up counting equally for pool seeds. Second seeds finishes off the whole pr and up and comers, plus starts to hit the rest of the good players who are right below things.

If you dont think its accurate I'd like to see what your pr would look like Bug.

Edit: I dont think thats a good way to do that at all Zephramrill.... because of all the back and forth point systems, and winners bypassing rounds in the next bracket and stuff doesn't really make much sense. If anything after doing the 3 seperate double elim brackets.... You just fill up the seeding for the next bracket based on the results from the first set of brackets. The large problem you'll face (having quite a bit of experience with these things myself) is that 3 is an incredibly ugly number. The magic numbers are 4,8..... and sometimes 6.

Bug~

Smash Ace
my pr would be

1. Bug

and thats it...

jus playin...i dont know how my pr would like man..i really dont, i cant tell u this info.

Like I said, im gunna think about what to do for my tourney but i do not wish to go by the PR.

Also, for my future tourneys, it will be ran by previous GOMLs...but for this one im gunna do some hard thinking about wat to do.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
No pools or PR seed? Ca mon...If thats going to be the case then I won't be showing up. I know I am not a good player, but good players eliminating each other is just ********. Then scrubs get higher places then what they should.

People, get more TVs out so we can do pools.

KingAce

Smash Ace
^ yeah i know what you mean.. what the hell is the point of people showing up if theres seeding based by waht you think? imo this is really stupid for you to disagree against the PR and not have your tournament seeded so.... i think for your first tournament ever you should play it safe.. because if this doesnt go well and you have people complaining about the brackets your not gonna have people travelling to it next time. atleast if you use the PR people will have to stfu if they get a hard bracket

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
you know whats not fair? 'Scrubs' who all pay the same fee as you pros being treated as second citizens because they havent been to tournaments before. Why the **** should I have a greater chance than anybody else of playing the players who have past experience. There is no established ranking system that is governed by anything more than opinion and results at unregulated tournaments, so until a PR system can be devised and a circuit of legitimate tournaments is in place, it **** well better be left to randomness or discretion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom