• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ GOML 2 Tournament: TBA ~ GOML 1 Vids are up check first page! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ Don't be dumb. You dont understand the fact that seeding HELPS noobs, not hurts them.
Without seeding you could be up against one of the best players first round, lose...... maybe face another noob in loser's bracket..... and then be back against a pro right after.
At the same time you could have someone next to you of equal skill go incredibly far because they have an easy bracket.
Seeding actually makes the bracket harder for pros in the long run, because they are destined to face good players at every important corner of the bracket, instead of some people just flying through things.

Learn somethings first before you post or else it just makes people lose respect for you.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I don't mean to insult you, but maybe you didn't make it far in the tournament because of the lack of skill? Thats the only reason I see when I don't make it far. People need to realize what is at fault.

I don't see how you could be proud of yourself if you make it far in the bracket with an easy bracket. Or is it the obvious reason?

Bug~

Smash Ace
you guys are all jumping too far...I havent made any decisions yet..whether or not its with pools or not or whether or not its with pr or not.

Like I said, I am going to think on it.

I might go PR just for this tournament to find out seedings for my next one. If I dont go PR then it will be pools for sure so dont worry.

nickcam

Smash Ace
if there is 48 people for example u could always do like 6 groups of 8 with one or two people on the PR in each group and then pretty much randomize everyone else into those groups. That would eventually prevent someone from getting through an easy bracket cuz they would probably have to play against one of the ranked players eventually

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I think PR seeding is the way to go this time around considering the amount of setups there are. Personally, I'd prefer pools, but it would take the entire **** day with 50 people and 9 setups.

Bug~

Smash Ace
thanks for tv guys..and meehow..jus bring it, im sure some ppl dont mind playing on LCD.

also..we need more wii+brawl too lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
bug what time do you want people there to help set things up before the tourny starts?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Pools could still work but for the love of god dont run singles and doubles at the same time like everyone seems to do, because people wind up holding up the brackets for both tournaments and it takes forever. Pools, then doubles, then singles. Or doubles then singles.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Maaaaaaan I don't got a doubles partner. Are doubles gonna be first? Cuz if they are, I'd much rather sleep in a little more and be there for pools.

EDIT: I should read the first post lol. Doubles are last from what it looks like, and signups are at 10:30 anyways. I guess I'll just get there early and slip some friendlies in.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Even if you have 8 you should do pools. We had 41 people at SBaN#5 and 7 TVs and did pools. All we needed was one more TV for perfect time.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Pirate Ship
Distant Planet
Castle Siege

You gotta be kidding me, these cannot be banned. I can maybe understand Pirate Ship but come on the other two should be allowed. Please consider, we only have 13 stages to choose from without them and on top of that those are people's counterpicks.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh my god, Wii troopers!! LOLOLOL, soooooo lame, you have massive balls to put that on the thread, I'd be too ashamed of it, lolololol.

wtfail.com (jokes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom