• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ GOML 2 Tournament: TBA ~ GOML 1 Vids are up check first page! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickcam

Smash Ace
I've actually got a Dream cast and mVc2 but i havent played it in forever. I could possibly bring it if theres enough people interested. I only have controllers no arcade sticks though.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
How are pools going to work? Also I'll be bringing along one other person with me if that is OK.

On a side note I noticed Lylat was removed from Neutrals and moved to counters, if that means stages are not in stone, can Halberd and Distant Planets' status be discussed?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
WHAT LYLAT IS MOVED TO COUTNER PICK? ARE U KIDDING ME? CA MON...thats one less map with platforms and a higher chance that FD will be picked for random. GHEY.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Lmfao word Rob. I love to ban FD, its my favourite choice. Not because I get stuck underneath (rarely), but because of the lack of platforms, and I noticed some ppl have problems with platforms.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Lylat kinda sucks.... honestly the tilting of the stage does horribly for the timing of certain characters.

On the other hand I still believe Pokemon Stadium 1 is a totally valid neutral stage.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Lylat kinda sucks.... honestly the tilting of the stage does horribly for the timing of certain characters.

On the other hand I still believe Pokemon Stadium 1 is a totally valid neutral stage.
The main reasons for PS1 being CP would be the turrible edges and the **** windmill. Why the hell did the stage developers go out of their way to do this to such a great stage?

I agree that Lylat is ghey because of it's tilting, but besides that, it's a completely flat stage with three platforms. Can't get much more neutral than that :laugh:

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman

lylat stops projectile spamming, isnt this a good thing o_O?

windmill, and even closer walls and lower ceiling, i think thats why ps1 is CP

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Lylat has an element of unpredictability (in titling) that's a good balance between being a factor, but not being the deciding factor. The platform on Yoshi's Island is too small a change to factor most matches, and the weapons on top of Halberd can be a fairly large factor.

Also as Lawlbot said, FD :@

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Yeah.

I've confirmed with my dad. He's going to take us to Niagara on Sunday.

We'll talk details on MSN.

Bug~

Smash Ace
guys we are limited on tvs so only IF there is a TV we can spare then we can play other games.

lylat is still on borderline..i will make decision by july 22nd.

if anyone can bring setup such as tv or wii+brawl then please do.

Lanowen whats so funny...msc and dbzbt3 rock!

also updated time schedule.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Some chars cannot auto cancel on lylat either :p

Let me know if you need a Wii, TV is out of question because I am taking the bus.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lanowen whats so funny...msc and dbzbt3 rock!
At a brawl tournament. It's funny because it kinda seems to relay the fact that brawl is boring, and you need to spice things up with other games.

I would kinda be insulted if this was happening at one of my brawl tournaments. Maybe.

Makes sense right?

Bug~

Smash Ace
nono lanowen its just because I like to see other games too not just brawl and melee..ppl have brawl and melee events together, are u saying that melee is boring so they have to have brawl :p

honestly, I like msc and dbzbt3..and it would be a fun thing to do to have variety cause maybe theres ppl who play msc or dbzbt3 that dont play brawl or melee.

btw, down b + upsmash is banned. This is a stalling tactic and is very homo.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Ye word, even when I was playing Melee mad I still had constant breaks like Mario Kart. Its good to have variety if your a gamer. I can't imagine be strictly Melee.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
nono lanowen its just because I like to see other games too not just brawl and melee..ppl have brawl and melee events together, are u saying that melee is boring so they have to have brawl :p

honestly, I like msc and dbzbt3..and it would be a fun thing to do to have variety cause maybe theres ppl who play msc or dbzbt3 that dont play brawl or melee.

btw, down b + upsmash is banned. This is a stalling tactic and is very homo.
Ya sure, they are both boring. And those excuses are pretty lame, but they fit the games so I suppose you aren't doing anything unexpected.

Bug~

Smash Ace
i dont understand wat you mean by "but they fit the games so i suppose you arent doing anything unexpected"

please explain. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom