• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God gave me a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I have a question about that story.

How can the guy still be a fetus and needs time to grow if their outside of the boundaries of time then? How has he not reincarnated into every human being yet if when he's talking to the god-figure if he's not bound by time at that point? Also, what are the people he has not been reincarnated into? If he still isn't done living everyone's life, then what life is in the people he hasn't lived?

Btw sorry if i'm taking this too literal. I'm not completely sure the story was meant to be taken seriously.

cykofox

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=3734]God gave me a job[/drupal]

I am a dedicated Christian, and people tend to wonder why I believe so much. People really dont have much reason to believe. However, I believe 100% in God, simply because I can talk to him. And he talks back. Physically. He has helped me through life by giving advice, to telling me what happens next.
Now he is asking ME for a favor. He wants me to tell all of you about this, to spread his word. He revealed to me what the world has come to. Deception. Thievery. Dishonesty. Murder. And its no longer a shock to people, it happens thousands of times a day, if not more. And it sickens me to no end. Society not only has these things, but says they are OK (minus the murder), and its sad.
So I ask all of you to put your foot down and make change, real change. Spread Gods word, because I have/AM proof he exists. Save the world from what it has become, or else soon it will be gone. Thank you.

Hi, I just want to say that you are not alone. God talks to me also, and I believe he talks to everybody through their conscience. It is those who chose to listen that find themselves illuminated and start to really see what is wrong with this world and take conscience about it. You have to realize though, that not everyone goes through the same spiritual maturity as others, so you will have to put up with the retaliation. This conversion hits many people during different points in their life, especially when something new or tragic happens. There is no such thing as a middle ground when it comes to believing in the word of God. We can't be hypocrites and just take whats advantageous to ourselves only. The way I try to lead others to the right path is by example. Like here is what works for me and why it works. I try not to boast about my beliefs like a preacher but it is my duty at times to do so. It's funny how everything that comes into someones life has perfect timing. If you can get to atleast one person from them reading this, then you have accomplished something. Pray for those who you see aren't willing to accept his grace. And do it out of love.

Jesus lives.
Jesus is king.
Jesus is salvation.

Cheers

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I have a very strong conscience.

Which is what makes it so difficult to do the exact opposite of everything it tells me.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I have a question about that story.

How can the guy still be a fetus and needs time to grow if their outside of the boundaries of time then? How has he not reincarnated into every human being yet if when he's talking to the god-figure if he's not bound by time at that point? Also, what are the people he has not been reincarnated into? If he still isn't done living everyone's life, then what life is in the people he hasn't lived?

Btw sorry if i'm taking this too literal. I'm not completely sure the story was meant to be taken seriously.
Open your mind young one. We are all a collective host of one web of thought. It states that time works differently where the God comes from. You are not quite able to grasp his concept of time, and it would be pointless to try and explain it to you, as you'd forget it when he reincarnates you. While time exists, it does not work the way you know it at this point in time.

It is also very possible that the world is a daycare center. Meant to raise several individuals at once and at - some point in time (as we know it) - you were one of those individuals. Of course, this concept would be even harder and more pointless to explain to you in your brief passing period.

Have you ever had that feeling of deja vu? As if you've been in that very moment before? Who is to say you haven't! It's just hard to mentally grasp. It's a state of being where you can oft' predict the nearby future, as of some 6th sense. Who is not to say that is your greater consciousness seeping into your memory at that time?

I have no recollection of the time before I was born. I do not fear death, because it is merely another state of non-existence. It can be no different than having not been born at all. Therefore I take this time I have on this little plant we call Earth, and I live it in a manner that will be enjoyable for as many people as possible.

After all, these people are all me. Part of my greater consciousness.

I can take bulll**** and make it sound believable too

More food for thought:
Life is but a 100 year dream*, when you die. You wake up. I've never died in my dreams, I always wake up. Who is to not say that I'm dreaming right now? When I die, I'll wake up. I'll live my day as a God - and I'll go back to sleep. Another 100 year dream*.

100 year dream*
Refers to the actual lifespan, in a figurative manner. It's just the point from your life until your death. A being that was only in existence for 40 seconds may have just fallen asleep and startled to wake in "the real world". This could explain why people oft' die young. It's one collective dream of a bunch of Gods.

SuSa

It's cooler thinking there is a god at all.

At least in my belief, I am a god. And there is no way you can disprove that, because I'm **** certain my death will be EXACTLY like my birth. Albeit probably less painful and worrying.. it's the same. You no longer exist.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
If we were to create a highly sophisticated virtual reality life simulator, where the codes and parameters become so complex that the beings in the simulation are self aware and have all the mental complexity of humans, then the creators would be the gods of that world, and likewise anyone given the ability to influence it.

SuSa

Why is this thread still open. :< Teran are you troll'n?

Anyways:

Imagine for a moment that we are one collective thought. This virtual reality simulator you deem needed to perform these functions is simply... not needed. If we were our own creators, and we were linked on a minute mental level that virtual reality could simply be described as "Sleep" for us.

It's just a matter of opening your mind and accepting that while you may not be able to define it in reality, it can exist. Likewise - nothing in our reality truly exists.

2+2=4

Do you agree with that? Because if you do, I can prove your entire world as you know it false.

2 is only definable if we break it into it's smallest part. Let's remain simple and practical for a moment and say that 2 is simply "one and one".

Now can you define what "one" is for me? It doesn't exist on a universal level. Humans have agreed upon it's supposed meaning for practical purposes (so I can ask you to hand me two apples and expect to be handed one and one apples) - but it doesn't actually exist.

Reality is what you make of it - and when you realize you can tear down your wallpaper. Redesigning is simply a matter of being openminded.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
So you're saying we should believe in whatever stupid bull**** we want, or you're trolling.

Hey guys guess what, Elvis is alive, Godzilla is working at McDonalds and everything I can't see right now doesn't exist.

SuSa

I'm saying truth is not definable by universal standards.

Only able to be chipped down into what we humans can perceive it as with our limited knowledge of the universe.

In other words.

I'm dead ****ing serious, and trolling religion for offering "truth' which is undefinable.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So you're saying we should believe in whatever stupid bull**** we want, or you're trolling.
Uhm, duh, I thought this was the general 21st century consensus? Religious people believe in a freaking old man up in the skies dictating your lives and then either condomning you to eternal life in glory or eternal torture in hell. That doesn't sound remotely ridiculous.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Great thread man.

Its Funny how so many threads on the boards are usually not even good to read and have not good intention's and when make a thread about God(Jesus) . People right away, love to rip it apart and your beliefs.

God is a God of HOPE and God is God of Love. and Trying to give people hope and love in this evil world should be encouraging.

Sad thing is most people will say " the world has awlays been messed up and crazy,deal with it"
But God left it up to the church to spread is message(which is love) and show them how much he loves them unconditionally .

Have Most churches done this? thats another story.

yesterday I went with my church and some others in Downtown atlanta(the slums/poorest parts of Georgia) and we fed the poor/homeless people all day out in the streets, gave them clothes,shoes, and anything else they needed. Most of them were happy to receive food , but they were more surprised of how much other stuff we had for everybody in the whole community.

One person said " God showed up today, this is how all Christians should be..just loving" and i was thinking if most of us "so called" Christians actually got our heads out of the sand and went out and made a difference in just one person's life everyday..How much of an impact can we make on the world?

Its such a great feeling to show God's love and not just talk about it.

Miracles happen everyday around me..most of them are people who lost all hope in the world , just get one glimpse of the God of Hope,Love,Compassion,Forgiveness,Etc. (Jesus Christ)

"My God's not Dead, he's surely alive and he living on the inside, roaring like a lion"

Even if most of you dont believe in God..He Believes in You

And Dont Closed this thread

out of all the threads on the boards with hate,cursing, and negativity that are still open..this is not one of them

God Bless

Wrath`

Smash Master
God does not speak to people, god does not intervene with the world. God and heaven do exist. But God would love for you to handle the world on your own, he does not want to baby you.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
God does not speak to people, god does not intervene with the world. God and heaven do exist. But God would love for you to handle the world on your own, he does not want to baby you.
Where did you get this valuable information like wow.

Also, LOL brb posting in unreadable fonts.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Are you sure you haven't gone insane and just heard voices in your head that claim to be god?

He wasn't like that 2,000 years ago. What, does he hate us more?

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
God stopped working for me once I realized that if he rested on the seventh day in the seven days of creation then why did he rest? Does that means he has limits? He is not omnipotent then and can be surpassed (not practically but yeah). That's only one of my reasons but yeeeeaaaahhh.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
You saying that god is illogical then? Besides it is the word spoken through followers so you think they would get it right.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
No, because expierence has shown that Christians are in fact ********, as are all humans, so I doubt they would accurately portray "the word of God" in the first place.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Finally, someone recognized it! <3

God stopped working for me once I realized that if he rested on the seventh day in the seven days of creation then why did he rest? Does that means he has limits? He is not omnipotent then and can be surpassed (not practically but yeah). That's only one of my reasons but yeeeeaaaahhh.
It's less of a "rest" and more of a "hey, I think I've made enough, so I'll stop" kind of thing. He was just stopping and looking at what he created.

Besides, the book of Genesis is highly metaphorical, so I don't really pay attention to most of the stuff in there.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
No, because expierence has shown that Christians are in fact ********, as are all humans, so I doubt they would accurately portray "the word of God" in the first place.
I wouldn't call them ******** as it's not like there all "bible belt" Christians. Also if you read the other half of my post, all I was saying is that that was one of my reasons for not believing . Also can't accurately portray what's not real in the first place which is why what I was trying to say that man created this "god". Whenever I think of the bible, I think of a very wise philosopher sitting around one day writing a book on philosophy (bible) and showcasing it to other people which then take it out of proportion.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, people engaging in pseudo-intellectualism makes them feel more intelligent.

Doesn't make their theories any less inaccurate, though.

Palpi

Smash Hero
As an agnostic I feel that if god exists, he obviously doesn't intervene on anything, that includes answering prayers, speaking to people in dreams or visions, and he isn't perfect.

Believing in god is not illogical. Providing proof for his existence is.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why is this thread still open. :< Teran are you troll'n?
Because it isn't against the rules, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell me how to do my job.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I wouldn't call them ******** as it's not like there all "bible belt" Christians. Also if you read the other half of my post, all I was saying is that that was one of my reasons for not believing . Also can't accurately portray what's not real in the first place which is why what I was trying to say that man created this "god". Whenever I think of the bible, I think of a very wise philosopher sitting around one day writing a book on philosophy (bible) and showcasing it to other people which then take it out of proportion.
No, because expierence has shown that Christians are in fact ********, as are all humans
Well you know, it wasn't that much a stab at Christians.

PB&J

Smash Hero
As an agnostic I feel that if god exists, he obviously doesn't intervene on anything, that includes answering prayers, speaking to people in dreams or visions, and he isn't perfect.

Believing in god is not illogical. Providing proof for his existence is.
god speaks to me and spoke to me in many dreams before and recently..i also had dreams about people i just met and dreamed about there whole life and found out that is was all true..please dont say God doesnt talk to people in dreams, just because u havent here him speak. maybe you are trying to talk to a false god that doesnt exist.

I wish more people were around me more or we could have this conversation in person..so much i can show people..not just tell them

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Dreams are so legit and true. I keep having this dream of myself pecking this one-armed lesbian on the lips and keep wanting more than that but she's all like 'NAH AH CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT' and then I get all sad.

No really.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dreams are so legit and true. I keep having this dream of myself pecking this one-armed lesbian on the lips and keep wanting more than that but she's all like 'NAH AH CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT' and then I get all sad.

No really.
Despite the sarcasm, Lord Chair brings up a point which I can't ignore. God coming to you in a dream really doesn't do anything to help me believe. I just took a nap and had some weird dream where I was sort of inside a weird, convoluted version of Metroid: Other M, except I died and still respawned and recalled actually acting out the controls as well.

But that version of Other M doesn't exist and I wasn't really inside of it. (I haven't even played Other M in like, two months, so why I'm dreaming about it is beyond me...but I digress.)

Dreams...aren't real. Not to rain on your parade, but I really don't see why a dream in which God speaks to you is any more real than any dream I've had that doesn't involve God.

I don't really care, if you want to believe that it really is God speaking to you in your dreams, that's fine, but it's not proof for anyone else.

Let people believe what they want imo.

Religion and faith is obviously a touchy subject, there's not a right or wrong.
This is basically my approach to everything, believe what you want to believe and don't yell at other people for not believing the same things you believe.

With that I should probably leave this thread, every time I've entered a religion thread in the past it's ended with me wanting to rip someone's head off.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Havent been able to respond for a bit, so big wall of text here.

Hi, I just want to say that you are not alone. God talks to me also, and I believe he talks to everybody through their conscience. It is those who chose to listen that find themselves illuminated and start to really see what is wrong with this world and take conscience about it. You have to realize though, that not everyone goes through the same spiritual maturity as others, so you will have to put up with the retaliation. This conversion hits many people during different points in their life, especially when something new or tragic happens. There is no such thing as a middle ground when it comes to believing in the word of God. We can't be hypocrites and just take whats advantageous to ourselves only. The way I try to lead others to the right path is by example. Like here is what works for me and why it works. I try not to boast about my beliefs like a preacher but it is my duty at times to do so. It's funny how everything that comes into someones life has perfect timing. If you can get to atleast one person from them reading this, then you have accomplished something. Pray for those who you see aren't willing to accept his grace. And do it out of love.

Jesus lives.
Jesus is king.
Jesus is salvation.

Cheers

so...Im not alone huh? Maybe we should talk sometime, it could be helpful.

Tbh, if somehow I'd be able to talk to an omnipotent divine being the last thing I'd be doing would be bothering him with trying to convince him that giving me proof of his existence for a random internet guy would be a splendid thing to do.

lol@god though, bluntness rejoice
Pretty much this, whenever God decides to give me means of proving this to other people, it will be something that is beneficial to him, not just a random whim.

also, "Jesus said unto him, "Again it is written, Thou shalt not make trial of the Lord thy God." "

take that as you will

This isn't necessarily true. Ever read the bible? Moses, Abraham and other disciples would speak to God in order to spread his word. That hasn't necessarily died.

Are you sure you haven't gone insane and just heard voices in your head that claim to be god?
You know, I considered that for a while, but random crazy voices cant tell the future 100% accurately now can they? Plus, this wasnt coming from my mind, I could physically hear it, and It sounded different that what I imagined God would sound like...

I believe in god because he exists.

Because I believe in him.
Thats simple enough, and good reason to top it.

god speaks to me and spoke to me in many dreams before and recently..i also had dreams about people i just met and dreamed about there whole life and found out that is was all true..please dont say God doesnt talk to people in dreams, just because u havent here him speak. maybe you are trying to talk to a false god that doesnt exist.

I wish more people were around me more or we could have this conversation in person..so much i can show people..not just tell them
Another like me? It seems God was right when he told me...I think us disciples need to all talk sometime about these matters.

And for the people that are skeptical about my claims, feel free to ask me any questions, test me in any way you can, and those questions will be answered to the best of my ability.

Thank you for any cooperation so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom