• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God gave me a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Link to original post: [drupal=3734]God gave me a job[/drupal]

I am a dedicated Christian, and people tend to wonder why I believe so much. People really dont have much reason to believe. However, I believe 100% in God, simply because I can talk to him. And he talks back. Physically. He has helped me through life by giving advice, to telling me what happens next.
Now he is asking ME for a favor. He wants me to tell all of you about this, to spread his word. He revealed to me what the world has come to. Deception. Thievery. Dishonesty. Murder. And its no longer a shock to people, it happens thousands of times a day, if not more. And it sickens me to no end. Society not only has these things, but says they are OK (minus the murder), and its sad.
So I ask all of you to put your foot down and make change, real change. Spread Gods word, because I have/AM proof he exists. Save the world from what it has become, or else soon it will be gone. Thank you.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
So, wait. What was your job exactly? .___.
Whatever it is, Good luck with it.

Purple

Hi guys!
Is it okay if I just say that the things that god believes are bad are -actually- bad and tell why?

I'm a christian myself, but I don't believe in discussing/forcing my religion on others, just my views of life (which believe it or not, are different things)

RATED

Smash Lord
I believe in God, not in religions. I don't really understand why a religion, I mean God is Faith not religion.

even though I don't talk about religion with others since its a "troublesome" topic to talk about since everyone feels different about it.

ps : inb4arceusreferences

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=3734]God gave me a job[/drupal]

I am a dedicated Christian, and people tend to wonder why I believe so much. People really dont have much reason to believe. However, I believe 100% in God, simply because I can talk to him. And he talks back. Physically. He has helped me through life by giving advice, to telling me what happens next.
Now he is asking ME for a favor. He wants me to tell all of you about this, to spread his word. He revealed to me what the world has come to. Deception. Thievery. Dishonesty. Murder. And its no longer a shock to people, it happens thousands of times a day, if not more. And it sickens me to no end. Society not only has these things, but says they are OK (minus the murder), and its sad.
So I ask all of you to put your foot down and make change, real change. Spread Gods word, because I have/AM proof he exists. Save the world from what it has become, or else soon it will be gone. Thank you.
Do you believe in evolution? I take it that you are into Pokemon. What's that thing called in Pokemon where the Pokemon goes through a change?

Assuming you don't believe in evolution

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Pokémon evolution =/= irl evolution obv, it's more like metamorphosis don't bother comparing.

Also, it's nice to see UB hasn't changed with its flurry of religion threads.

Feel the wrath of Allah.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I guess they should call it METAMORPHOSIS rather than "evolving"

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They're not going to change it after having it as "evolution" for so long, and it's only a problem if you look into it too much and get offended from something that really shouldn't be offensive.

Then again, I guess that's the sort of thing people usually do.

M.K

Level 55
They're not going to change it after having it as "evolution" for so long, and it's only a problem if you look into it too much and get offended from something that really shouldn't be offensive.

Then again, I guess that's the sort of thing people usually do.
They changed the Cookie Monster to the Vegetable Monster, I'm pretty sure they've already obliterated through the boundaries once considered unobliterablable .

LMFAO try saying that out loud!!!! AHAHAHAHA it just sounds like you're babbling.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Is it okay if I just say that the things that god believes are bad are -actually- bad and tell why?

I'm a christian myself, but I don't believe in discussing/forcing my religion on others, just my views of life (which believe it or not, are different things)
Spreading Gods word =/= Forcing it on them

I want people to realize that what they are doing is wrong, and that its possible to fix with enough willpower. The world sucks right now, its not Gods fault, its ours. We basically f*cked the world for ourselves, now we gotta fix it so we can not end up all going to hell.

I believe in God, not in religions. I don't really understand why a religion, I mean God is Faith not religion.

even though I don't talk about religion with others since its a "troublesome" topic to talk about since everyone feels different about it.

ps : inb4arceusreferences
First off, lolarceus
Second...well...its a start. I mean compared to all the atheists and other non-believers, at least you have faith :)

And I think said faith/religion should be spoken publicly. Yes it causes troubles once in a while, but come on, set the truth free, its the best way IMO

So, wait. What was your job exactly? .___.
Whatever it is, Good luck with it.
My job, as I said previously, is to rid the world of manmade evils like greed, theivery, deception, secrecy, discrimination, etc.

Now, problem is...I have NO IDEA how the hell I am to accomplish this.....But from what Ive learned its good to have followers. Convincing the world to follow Christ must start out as convincing a small population Im guessing.

There's really no such thing a right and wrong, only what one person PERCIEVES as right and wrong. If you want to help the world and other people, that's great. But remember to respect everyone's beliefs, views, and opinions as strongly as your own beliefs, views, and opinions.

Good luck :).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
My job, as I said previously, is to rid the world of manmade evils like greed, theivery, deception, secrecy, discrimination, etc.
Hmm.........God sure gave you a tough *** job lmao

The world (Human civilization) has always been like that though. At least, I can't visualize any point in time where greed, secrecy, deception etc DIDN'T exist. This is far from a modern thing if that's what you're implying. You'd think God would've told/asked someone to do what you're trying to do a long time ago lol

Your goal shouldn't be to completely rid the world of all this, but instead to reduce the amount of everything you mentioned. Realistic goals are preferable imo, no offense.

Again, good luck with all if this. I wish you the best.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
The world has come to this? Dude, we've been here for thousands of years.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Did I say it came to this recently? He just showed me what used to be a LONG time ago, IE, thousands of years ago.

Hmm.........God sure gave you a tough *** job lmao

thats what I said...

The world (Human civilization) has always been like that though. At least, I can't visualize any point in time where greed, secrecy, deception etc DIDN'T exist. This is far from a modern thing if that's what you're implying. You'd think God would've told/asked someone to do what you're trying to do a long time ago lol

I know right? Dont know why he waited this long...but he is God, he probably has reasons...

Your goal shouldn't be to completely rid the world of all this, but instead to reduce the amount of everything you mentioned. Realistic goals are preferable imo, no offense.

That would be easier, but its not what I was told to do...

Again, good luck with all if this. I wish you the best.
Responses in Orange, and thanks :)

I thought this sounded familiar. He posted this blog before.

He likes this blog so much, he posted it twice.

._.

I reposeted it because when I first posted it, user blogs werent working...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not that this will help anything, but I do feel the need to say that as an atheist/agnostic, I still recognize that society has gone to hell.

Point is, you don't have to believe in any god to have morals. Some people seem to think that, and I don't know why.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Mods should shut down blogs like this. Anytime the word "God" is mentioned, aruguments or rude jokes pop up.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Not that this will help anything, but I do feel the need to say that as an atheist/agnostic, I still recognize that society has gone to hell.

Point is, you don't have to believe in any god to have morals. Some people seem to think that, and I don't know why.
I agree completely.
Also, you have no tangible proof he exists, so I will not spread God's word. But that's what faith is, I suppose. You have to believe.
I see what the what the world has come to, but that doesn't mean I have to become religious in order to help change it. We have morals too.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style
Gratz on the job Charmander! I sure need one :urg:
also i agree with prof.mgw, let's just close this now before it turns into a debate :/

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Stealing what I wanted to say :(

But seriously, you claim to be able to talk to God, right? You feel that this is proof of his existence, but seeing as how only you perceive it we really can't help but think of you as just another crazy guy who thinks the voices are God.

And so, I issue you a challenge. God is omnipotent, so the name of the friend I'm visiting should be no problem, right?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Stealing what I wanted to say :(

But seriously, you claim to be able to talk to God, right? You feel that this is proof of his existence, but seeing as how only you perceive it we really can't help but think of you as just another crazy guy who thinks the voices are God.

And so, I issue you a challenge. God is omnipotent, so the name of the friend I'm visiting should be no problem, right?
Tbh, if somehow I'd be able to talk to an omnipotent divine being the last thing I'd be doing would be bothering him with trying to convince him that giving me proof of his existence for a random internet guy would be a splendid thing to do.

lol@god though, bluntness rejoice

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Don't worry charmander, the evil is already predestined to happen and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

I mean, your omniscient god knows the future so...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It doesn't work like that obv.

I talk to God, and most of his replies to my questions in the old days were "why do you care?" and "what does it matter?".

He truly illuminated my path.

Because really.

What does it matter?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I don't know the original owner of this, but it's relatively popular and can be found by searching "The Egg".

I didn't write this. Just sharing.

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.
Where is your God now?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
What does that have to do with any of this SuSa?
All of the evil in the world. Is really you.

Every victimizing act. You are doing upon yourself.

From a logical standpoint, stopping all of the war and murder isn't something God should ask of you. It is something that you should do in the best interest of yourself.

When you feed the hungry, you are feeding yourself.
When you take care of the sick, you are taking care of yourself.
When you protect the weak, you are protecting yourself.

I don't need a god to tell me that I should take care of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom