• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God gave me a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
God gave me a job too. He gave me weapons, and the power to avoid detection. Now, I must find demons, expose them, and destroy them.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Here's the OP:
------------------------------------

Charmander
Lizard Pokémon

------------------------------------

That's pretty ****

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well I guess relentless sarcasm is better than a flamewar...

=/

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Man, I wish more people would watch good movies.
I thought that film was pretty rubbish. It was the fact that the narrator was the wrong brother and the fact that the plot twist relied on information that the viewers never had.

It was just like "surprise here's all this stuff that we never showed you during those events" and they expected us to think that somehow made a smart ending. Smart plot twists are ones that are blatantly obvious yet you somehow fail to pick up on the clues, like The Sixth Sense.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah umm this isn't the DR you can't just go off on a tangent about a movie.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah umm this isn't the DR you can't just go off on a tangent about a movie.
Man I forgot. At least it wasn't a complete tangent as that film is heavy in the religion. Though I can't believe you've kept this thread open as it's a total minefield. Observe:

Basically: I'm a Jedi. Prove me wrong.
Dan, you're a Jedi too?
Until someone can prove me wrong, I must be a Jedi.
Burden of proof is on you padawan. I will use my Jedi mind tricks to deceive you and expose the fraud of a Jedi that you are!
I hope you two weren't degrading my religion by trolling it. Jediism is the 4th largest religion in the UK (where I'm from) and though everyone has the right to satirize whatever religion they like, I still find this rather distasteful.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Threads like these are just easy prey for atheists.

I love all the misinformed statements like"religion is just about faith" and the really obvious ones that are said as if they're insightful, like "everyone
should respect each other's beliefs".

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man I forgot. At least it wasn't a complete tangent as that film is heavy in the religion. Though I can't believe you've kept this thread open as it's a total minefield. Observe:
Yeah it's a total minefield that hasn't gone off.

Hence, it hasn't been closed. I like to give things a shot, UB is about being free to discuss almost anything, and religion is no exception. Please please, like I've said this to others in the thread, do not tell me how to do my job.

I've been in UB in the beginning, and have modded it for over a year without a break (until it broke), so I know exactly what I'm doing.

I hope you two weren't degrading my religion by trolling it. Jediism is the 4th largest religion in the UK (where I'm from) and though everyone has the right to satirize whatever religion they like, I still find this rather distasteful.
Wait you're seriously saying you're a Jedi?

I'm pretty sure I've seen you criticise Abrahamic religions before, so like, this revelation, were it to be true, would make me split my sides with laughter.

Plus Jedi are ***gots and any real person would join the Sith.

Oh and God didn't give you cancer, life gave you cancer. The only role God's playing in it is not doing anything to help you. :denzel:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Never told you how to do your job Teran boy, just said I can't believe you've kept it open.

Anyway I was just making my point that all religions and beliefs in this thread should be treated with the same amount of respect. I've seen 1 or 2 shady posts by Christians spouting their beliefs as facts but everyone seems to be tiptoeing around criticizing them yet Jediism was criticized without complaint.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You weren't here in septembere 2008 man. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE.
It was nothing.

Never told you how to do your job Teran boy, just said I can't believe you've kept it open.
Yeah whatever man

Anyway I was just making my point that all religions and beliefs in this thread should be treated with the same amount of respect. I've seen 1 or 2 shady posts by Christians spouting their beliefs as facts but everyone seems to be tiptoeing around criticizing them yet Jediism was criticized without complaint.
Disrespectful/sarcastic =/= insulting

Honestly I don't see why people have to treat each others' beliefs with respect, because very clearly, hardly anyone respects differing beliefs deep down. As long as nobody's being downright insulting and nobody's getting mad, it's all fair game.

I could be tight fisted and stomp on everything (I am on a lot of things :p), but that would just make this place another Pool Room, the hell is the point in that?

Gotta be realistic bro.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
If you are being serious, the point of what we were saying went completely over your head.

I thought the point was pretty simple, too.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Excuse me, but I am a devoted Pastafarian. I find it insulting that you would say that nobody at all believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, because I certainly believe in him and regularly pray to him every night before bed.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Link to original post: [drupal=3734]God gave me a job[/drupal]

I am a dedicated Christian, and people tend to wonder why I believe so much. People really dont have much reason to believe. However, I believe 100% in God, simply because I can talk to him. And he talks back. Physically. He has helped me through life by giving advice, to telling me what happens next.
Now he is asking ME for a favor. He wants me to tell all of you about this, to spread his word. He revealed to me what the world has come to. Deception. Thievery. Dishonesty. Murder. And its no longer a shock to people, it happens thousands of times a day, if not more. And it sickens me to no end. Society not only has these things, but says they are OK (minus the murder), and its sad.
So I ask all of you to put your foot down and make change, real change. Spread Gods word, because I have/AM proof he exists. Save the world from what it has become, or else soon it will be gone. Thank you.
Trollenheimer.

§witch

Smash Lord
Never... ever say people don't believe in something.

People have some strange *** beliefs man.....far from the normal ones.... I mean... there's bound to be at least one per- oh oh wait.

*looks up*

:troll:
I really don't know why you waste your time with this. It isn't trolling, it's just being a ******.

Mizar

Smash Ace
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Stephen F Roberts

Just sayin.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Someone didn't read the About page.

http://www.venganza.org/about/
The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, while having existed in secrecy for hundreds of years, only recently came into the mainstream when this letter was published in May 2005.

With millions, if not thousands, of devout worshippers, the Church of the FSM is widely considered a legitimate religion, even by its opponents – mostly fundamentalist Christians, who have accepted that our God has larger balls than theirs.

Some claim that the church is purely a thought experiment, satire, illustrating that Intelligent Design is not science, but rather a pseudoscience manufactured by Christians to push Creationism into public schools. These people are mistaken. The Church of FSM is real, totally legit, and backed by hard science. Anything that comes across as humor or satire is purely coincidental.

You are welcome to Contact Me

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It's not. What I'm saying is that he said nobody actually believes in it..

I stated "On the contrary, I'm sure there's at least one person (thus, not "nobody") who actually believes in it.

IPU and FSM aren't going over my head. My distaste of the words "nobody" and "everyone" is what is fueling my reactions.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
It's not. What I'm saying is that he said nobody actually believes in it..

I stated "On the contrary, I'm sure there's at least one person (thus, not "nobody") who actually believes in it.

IPU and FSM aren't going over my head. My distaste of the words "nobody" and "everyone" is what is fueling my reactions.
Well, at least admit that anyone who does legitimately believe in the FSM does not understand it at all.

It's just hard to imagine a person going through the trouble of discovering the FSM and somehow missing the point, as it is very often explained and hard to miss when researching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom