• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God gave me a job

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
god speaks to me when im not dreaming too. just sounds like you are playing alot of video games at night or something

it says in the bible that " your eyes are the window to your soul' what you look at daily and night all comes into part( believe it or not)

Ill have visions of people while praying (that i never met) and then meet them later on in life. There are stories after story to explain why God exist ,but ill rather show u.

Even Einstien said "we cant prove that God doesnt exist and how is not an athiest"

and Isaac Newton discovered the law of gravity..after reading the bible.

Im not trying to convert or anything..just saying some facts

edit: the pokemon question- God doesnt care how people look at him..he is God..he loves them anyway and makes it so hard for you not to love him back once you grasp how much he loves us.

he didnt care how people looked at him..So he let the wicked crucify him because he said .."this is how i make all things new" and his resurrection was proof of that.

he loves no matter what..always ..and once you understand that..it will give you a joy and peace like no other

PB&J

Smash Hero
Do your research man..when i had to study world religion in school..i learned it..yup public school taught me that

edit: http://www.reformation.org/newton.html

there are plenty of other websites and they will all same the same thing..newton studied the bible daily and thought everybody should do so..he also written books about the bible too.

one of the greatest scientist that ever lived..hard to believe..i was surprised too man..but facts are facts

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Do your research man..when i had to study world religion in school..i learned it..yup public school taught me that

edit: http://www.reformation.org/newton.html

there are plenty of other websites and they will all same the same thing..newton studied the bible daily and thought everybody should do so..he also written books about the bible too.

one of the greatest scientist that ever lived..hard to believe..i was surprised too man..but facts are facts
I personally believe in God, but really, please, show me the correlation between Isaac Newton being Christian and the existence of God. Those are two completely different facts that aren't really tied to each other at all. That's like me saying Tom Cruise believes in scientology and since he's a famous actor, scientology is true. Tell me, does that make any sense?

But any way, stop trying to prove God does or doesn't exist. It's not about whether or not He exists, it's about whether or not you believe he exists.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Many scientists believe in God.

Doesn't mean he exists.

I personally choose to not argue that my imaginary friend is more likely to exist than your imaginary friend.

Can we at least agree on that?

If you believe in God but not unicorns and dragons, you're a hypocrite. Both have the same exact "proof of existence"

Just say'n.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Why did God let someone create Pokémon and question his existence?
Because He gave humans free will and choice. If God made us all love him and consistently obey Him, we would be like robots, simply programmed to do whatever He says.
It seems the question was answered for me, this is correct.

Also, Wtf does Pokemon have to do with religion, its not like pokemon was actually MEANT to replace God or anything, it is simply made for entertainment >_>

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority

Doesn't mean he exists.

I personally choose to not argue that my imaginary friend is more likely to exist than your imaginary friend.

If you believe in God but not unicorns and dragons, you're a hypocrite. Both have the same exact "proof of existence"

Just say'n.
Wow, who are you ~CaLlInG oUt~ bro?

PB&J

Smash Hero
i was just stating a random fact..of course ..scientist believing in jesus isnt the proof..i was just letting people know that the people alot of people look up to are christian themselves..not saying people in this thread, but people in general.

ill just show by my living example like God says to do

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The guy who discovered the structure of DNA thinks black people are less intelligent so obviously that makes it fact.

Because being a scientist

means you can say anything

and it's always true

which is why I'm studying Biochemistry.

Wrath`

Smash Master
This isn't necessarily true. Ever read the bible? Moses, Abraham and other disciples would speak to God in order to spread his word. That hasn't necessarily died.>
I can just as easily say "Hey guys, I heard this voice from above and he gave me some guidelines to live by". Anyone can do it.

To me god is a practical god that in my opinion would have bigger things to deal with in the other realms(heaven,ect). We don't know how big or little the afterlife is, for all we know there is conflict there as there is here. To me he would be more concerned with that than talking to you.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I can just as easily say "Hey guys, I heard this voice from above and he gave me some guidelines to live by". Anyone can do it.

I figured people would have this this standpoint. I cant convince people like you until I obtain physical proof, which will happen eventualy. You can count on it, but you wont. You'll figure it out later.

To me god is a practical god that in my opinion would have bigger things to deal with in the other realms(heaven,ect). We don't know how big or little the afterlife is, for all we know there is conflict there as there is here. To me he would be more concerned with that than talking to you.

Conflict there as there is here? Exactly what do you mean by that? Heaven is a place of total order that consists of only people that follow God regardless of anything. Hell does not require any type of supervision, just as long as it stays closed. Hell is a place that you will find torture comes on its own. Because of this, God has no other place holding as much concern as the human Earth. God has noticed a bit more faith is needed from people as of now. As God does not intervene with Earthly matters often, he simply chose a person to do it for him. And thus, Im stuck with the burden.
responses in orange.
Also, I know you people are touchy on the subject of religion, but please keep the posts a bit serious, as this blog was posted for serious purposes. Thank you.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Honestly you'll find that if this stays serious for too long, it'll have to get closed due to flaming.

Well actually, that usually happens when there's an apex of tension and a troll comes in and drops a bombshell.

I would recommend you try to keep the discussion as natural as possible.

By that I mean don't try to force a particular style of post to conform to what you think will be acceptable because every time people do that **** hits the fan.

I would know, this is my yard.

Wrath`

Smash Master
responses inI figured people would have this this standpoint. I cant convince people like you until I obtain physical proof, which will happen eventualy. You can count on it, but you wont. You'll figure it out later.

I am not looking for physical proof, I do believe you need a certain amount of faith. But I do not need you telling me I have heard this voice and now you should listen too me, I already formed my beliefs, so there is nothing to figure out later. Does this mean I go to hell? According to the bible I think it does.

Conflict there as there is here? Exactly what do you mean by that? Heaven is a place of total order that consists of only people that follow God regardless of anything. Hell does not require any type of supervision, just as long as it stays closed. Hell is a place that you will find torture comes on its own. Because of this, God has no other place holding as much concern as the human Earth. God has noticed a bit more faith is needed from people as of now. As God does not intervene with Earthly matters often, he simply chose a person to do it for him. And thus, Im stuck with the burden.
How do you know heaven doesn't have it's own problems? It obviously did in the beginning with Lucifer and all that jazz, also look at Adam and Eve and the snake, their paradise was lost also. You have no idea what is actually in the afterlife, no one does. You can believe that all is perfect up there, but to me that would be a very boring paradise, I actually enjoy some of the "challenges" earth has to offer. Also how do you know that the gates of hell are always closed, what if there is ongoing war between demons and angles? To me simple faith and being a generally good person is all you need to enter any heavenly realm. If I was god I would be mad at the people who have claimed to hear "me" as would want people to come to the realization of faith on their own.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Doesn't the bible directly state that there was a war between God and Lucifer and a nice huge war went on and Lucifer and pals' got sent to Hell to live the rest of their eternal lives as sadists who take pleasure in the torture of others?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What I never understood was.

If God is so concerned about Lucifer and his evil influence...

Why not like... just destroy him?

This is why I actually have faith in God, because only a truly awesome deity would allow for troll incarnate to walk the face of the Earth.

X1-12

Smash Champion
skimmed the thread on phone but I dont think anyone asked this

Q. What does God sound like? Male, female, loud/soft, with an accent?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
The guy who discovered the structure of DNA thinks black people are less intelligent so obviously that makes it fact.

Because being a scientist

means you can say anything

and it's always true

which is why I'm studying Biochemistry.
Hey, it's just like Richard Dawkins and The God Delusion!

Man, I hate that book. Whenever I see it in a bookstore, I take all the copies and move them to the Children's Books section.

I also do it to Glenn Beck, but that's another story.

Doesn't the bible directly state that there was a war between God and Lucifer and a nice huge war went on and Lucifer and pals' got sent to Hell to live the rest of their eternal lives as sadists who take pleasure in the torture of others?
Actually, he just rebelled against God, got thrown out, and now tempts people while he is on Earth because he hates all of God's creation and wants to make people sin so that they'll be seperated from God and punished for all eternity.

After the end times, apocalypse, etc he'll be thrown into hell (or "the lake of fire") along with all the other sinners.

What I never understood was.

If God is so concerned about Lucifer and his evil influence...

Why not like... just destroy him?
My personal theory is that God wanted to create other beings with free will, like him, so he created someone (Lucifer) to rebel and eventually tempt Adam and Eve and give them the "knowledge of good and evil" (free will). This unfortunately, as a side-effect, brought sin into the world, and basically all of the crap in the world, Lucifer, etc are all side effects of this.

A bunch of people will eventually be burning forever, but hey, that's just the way the world works.

He doesn't destroy Lucifer because he quite simply doesn't care; Lucifer isn't a threat to God, so God is just going to wait to get rid of him until after he finishes getting all of the good little Christians, etc.

It's a really simplified version of the answer to that, but it works.

Tl;dr- He just doesn't care.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Your effort to convert anyone over the internet is futile. At least you aren't one of those church-goers who go door-to-door to convince people to become Christians. I can't stand them.
Also, what makes you sure Christianity is so right and not some other respected religion? What do you think of people who believe Allah speaks to them, instead of your God?

RATED

Smash Lord
Not that this will help anything, but I do feel the need to say that as an atheist/agnostic, I still recognize that society has gone to hell.

Point is, you don't have to believe in any god to have morals. Some people seem to think that, and I don't know why.
I believe in God but I hate when people say " he's an atheist so he doesnt have any morals" God doesnt give you morals, your choices and way of though do.

Doesn't mean he exists.

Just say'n.
I gotta say that I lol'd at imaginary friend.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
skimmed the thread on phone but I dont think anyone asked this

Q. What does God sound like? Male, female, loud/soft, with an accent?
Well Its hard to describe... First off, it is INTENSELY loud, as in mind-shakingly loud. My guess is only the person who God intends to speak to can hear it, otherwise someone would have easily overheard. Its also very echoey. It sounds as if there are a thousand voices speaking at once. Its somewhat masculine, but the echo seems feminine. Its very hard to explain as its just...a lot.

Also, what makes you sure Christianity is so right and not some other respected religion? What do you think of people who believe Allah speaks to them, instead of your God?
I hope you realize Muslims and Christians share the same God. And perhaps you all misunderstood the purpose of this thread. It isnt trying to convert anyone. Its trying to find anyone who is already christian, and everyone else for that matter and tell them Gods word. Whoever listens listens, the rest dont, I cant change that as of now.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well Its hard to describe... First off, it is INTENSELY loud, as in mind-shakingly loud. My guess is only the person who God intends to speak to can hear it, otherwise someone would have easily overheard. Its also very echoey. It sounds as if there are a thousand voices speaking at once. Its somewhat masculine, but the echo seems feminine. Its very hard to explain as its just...a lot.
God can speak differently, Charmander. At least in my opinion, anyway. There are times in prayer where I can hear him speak to me softly in a voice. I say in a voice simply because I can't quite describe it, similarily to how you couldn't. During times of worship I hear Him loud and clear. It's a resounding echo that almost bounces off the walls. I assume that it can differ from person to person, and the scenario can be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom