• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's sheik

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
didn't know these were up already hahaha

yeah first tourney since that last set - i though i had enough fun to play at a few more tourneys XD

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
May I give my opinion on your Sheik, I'm going to say somthing anyway. In the first match there wasn't enough agressive play, and a lack of edge guarding, but the air game was very good, but there wasn't enough of it. Ok I've said half of what I noticed in half the clips. Oh and you don't have to take what I say too seriously, I play a very reckless game:psycho: Oh and for not playing in a long time you were GREAT!

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
I sorta agree with you, I don't know how good I am, but I'm sure once gimpy gets warmed up we'll see a great sheik, after not playing for a week I had problems, so not playing for a long time would ruin me:( So gimpy isn't bad at all, just not great at the moment, but very good. ( Please don't hate me:crying: ) Oh and I have no comment on the I'm too fat part all I can say is aren't we all:chuckle:

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Was what up with the random short-hopping with Ness and needle charing in the very first match? Were you guys waiting for something?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh Gimpy, you make any character that you play as look good, that it reminds me back then when you pwned with Bowser. Since I already have a Zelda, I might as well take Sheik lessons from you since I was originally 100% Zelda.

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
@ Gimpy: I just opened my eyes a little. You are actually great, I don't know why I was so rude, I'm sorry. I'm too reckless in video games AND in real life. Anyway I didn't consider that you hadn't played in a long time and It was rude of me to say anything because you didn't ask for anyones opinion. Am I coming across as a stalker or a suck up? Just asking because I usually come across as a stalker. Oh and how do you take lessons? I need some pretty bad!

pillsbury552

Smash Apprentice
Sorry...

To Gimpy: I just opened my eyes a little. You are actually great, I don't know why I was so rude, I'm sorry. I'm too reckless in video games AND in real life. Anyway I didn't consider that you hadn't played in a long time. I'm also sorry because you didn't ask for anyones opinion. Am I coming across as a stalker or a suck up? Just asking because I usually come across as a stalker. Oh and how do you take lessons? I need some pretty bad!

ADHD

Smash Hero
To Gimpy: I just opened my eyes a little. You are actually great, I don't know why I was so rude, I'm sorry. I'm too reckless in video games AND in real life. Anyway I didn't consider that you hadn't played in a long time. I'm also sorry because you didn't ask for anyones opinion. Am I coming across as a stalker or a suck up? Just asking because I usually come across as a stalker. Oh and how do you take lessons? I need some pretty bad!
You weren't rude, it's okay to say constructive critisism--even if you're worse than gimpy you can still help him improve

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Gimpy instead of throwing needles when you predict someone is going to be in range aim to hit them just as they land.

The timing isn't that difficult to learn and since I play mainly online I would imagine it would be even easier to do off.

Other then that it looks like all you need is polish, it sucks your a better player then me.

edit: Also you should use the usmash more and don't be afraid to mind game people by charging it a bit as it will usual cause them to air dodge which then you can hit them upon the air dodge finishes.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Gimpyfish is legit, and really fun to play with/against. Except for the part where he hates ness Q.Q

his sheik is really sexy too. All sorts of ninja tricks!

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
3 words: En.Ee.Oh.
Being the best smasher that plays a char doesn't automatically make you the best user of that char. From what i've seen Gimpy's sheik was better though the Neo sheik I saw might be outdated.

Anyway. OMFG! Gimpy? Playing Sheik?! There is a God is heaven and he's a fan of LoZ! lol Good to see more sheik popularity, but are you like on the smash scene again or was this just a random tourney you felt like going to?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
random tourney - but i did enjoy it so i might continue playing for a while - i'm working a combo video though for sheik so ya'll keep an eye out ;P

Ripply

Smash Rookie
Gimpy seems really good, but I don't think he Usmashed much.

I personally like Ankoku a lot, but...yeah, Gimpy's cool. n_n

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i rarely up smash because up smash is more punishable and has a pretty odd hitbox - i do admit there are places for it that i dont use it yet though - but i always worry that maybe it wont kill and then theres just no options left LOL

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Try ftilting to up smash, it's one of the only times I even use upsmash.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
the only times that works are when it's at too low percent to really do anything - i'll do it if both hits will connect because that's an extra 30% - but otherwise that's not really extremly useful *shrug*

Top Bottom