• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimp Me Gently 8/22 Raleigh, NC Brawl/B+

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
and Omni should have known that If going to hold Brawl+ and Brawl on a one day tourney that's it's going to take a very long time, way past midnight, especially if he new there was going to be a nice turnout.

Jon?

Smash Champion
The next Omni tourny should just be regular Brawl. That was the majority of the players. We couldn't even do best 3 out of 5s for B+ single final matches since time was running out.

Foxy

Smash Master
B+ had 27 though, that's crazy.

My last tourney had the previous record and it was like 17.

I wouldn't want to give up that kind of showing for B+.

Foxy

Smash Master
So Foxy, what happened after you got back to State?
Eh. Not sure. Consequences could be anything from nothing to not staying in a dorm at all and no tournaments for a year. We'll see.

You should start trying to do 2 days or start early or something. V:

Also Foxy. I demand to see a needlessly overtechnical fox.
Sorry, I failed in singles really badly... was so tired after doubles. Doubles was crazy.

D=

So no tech Fox to watch... it's really terrible anyways in singles, gotta play efficiently, not flashy.

Foxy

Smash Master
I would but Fox's shine is not near as handy as in Melee... =\

Still awesome and I would have showed him off if I was playing well but I just failed after doubles.

lord karn

Smash Master
Results:

B+ Doubles (11 teams)

1. Foxy and Shady (Jiggs and snake)
2. Karn and THO (G&W and Peach) (I played ROB in like two individual matches)
3. Keith and KillerSOS (Snake/Luigi and Olimar/Squirtle)
4. Mits and Duo, I think (Wolf and Fox)

B+ Singles (27 entrants)

1. Karn (Ganondorf/G&W for one set) (split, was in winners)
1. Duo (Fox) (Split) (Lost to Karn in winners)
3. Shady (Snake) (Lost to Karn in winners finals and duo in losers)
4. PLUR (ICs/Lucas for one match, actually beating my ganondorf) (Lost to Duo and Karn)
5. NC-Echo (Bowser/sheik for one set vs plur) (Lost to PLUR and Shady)
5. eh not sure

btw, duo doesn't even use fox's jc shine because he hasn't played b+ in a while

Brawl Doubles

1. Shady and Keith (Snake and snake/meta)
2. Karn and Echo (MK/ROB and Olimar)
3. DUB and Rag (Diddy and DK)
4. Omni and Flamingo (double mk) I think

brawl singles didn't finish

lord karn

Smash Master
yeah it is mad gay. I think I would have done well, had it finished. I was playing pretty well overall, today.

lord karn

Smash Master
There was nowhere near to finish it.

Dub was in winners finals with the winnner of rag and keith, methinks

I was in losers, lost to Dub first round (gay bracket, but dub is legit. I almost made an amazing comeback) I beat killersos and ARS. I played mostly MK/ROB, Snake once against dub

Jon? was in losers pretty far in. He beat shady and mits and someone else in winners

Shady was in losers, having to fight me in a couple rounds

Mits was in losers having beaten Bill and Duo

Omni was in losers (beating bill in winners and then losing to Keith)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh

DUB you need to come to more tourneys. you're too good to do well and never go anywhere x/x

how many setups were there?

Foxy

Smash Master
WHY THE **** ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT A BORING TINY TOURNAMENT LIKE THIS

ADHD JUST ***** THE BALLS OFF ALLY

BRAWL WAS EXCITING

THERE WAS SO MUCH SCREAMING

COMBOS IN BRAWL, MOST MATCHES WERE UNDER 4 MINUTES

ALLY LIVED TO 283% LAST STOCK

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ally was surviving his own nades at like 200+

his last one was at like 270

jesus christ that was an insane set

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
the tourney was awesome, sucks we couldn't finish singles, it was lookin good for alot of peeps, jon beatin some good people omni takin out bill, as well as mits i believe. it was me and rag in winers semis and who ever one that went on to fight dub ( a ****in road of sp for me lulz). next time im sure everything wil lwork out betta, stingers sucks u couldnt come man.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Call me a jerk all you want, but this tournament was run horribly. We obviously weren't going to finish on time so people stopped playing their matches and when there was debates about what to take care of first the TO was no-where to be find. This was one of the only singles tournament where dub actually entered and other players which would be new to the pr's were shacking things up and instead of us coming out with some results, we where left with 7 or so players still in the tourney and therefor no results to speak of. No johns, I lost far and square, but I know I was so pissed off that I wasn't playing at my best and I am sure others felt the same way. Omni if you have to set such a stringent time limit on your tournaments thats fine but don't expect to be able to get done when you advertised enough that the tournament was relatively large and then were so disorganized that there was no way it would have finished before 3 and we didn't even do 3 out of 5 finals. I have some ideas for you to get done on time if you plan to hold a tournament again. Please get in contact with me if you would like the advice because I fear that tournaments like these make people not want to attend again, i know it did that for me.

Oh and I almost forgot david (tho) was put in the losers bracket for no reason other than you didn't know what was going on and instead of talking to him to figure out his plans you just gave him a lose, effectively ruining the losers bracket since to be honest david is probably the best brawl+ player in the state.

Top Bottom