• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimp Me Gently 8/22 Raleigh, NC Brawl/B+

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
The more people play him the less of a threat he becomes because people will understand the matchup more. At least to some extent.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Bill, for clarification, I merely talked to Omni about his tournament. I did not take sides on PRs or anything else in that regard.

Don't hate me.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Looking at the absolute top level of play in Brawl right now, I'm beginning to think that MK is not as broken at that level of play as I originally though. However, he is still stupidly dumb up until like the absolute top level of play. @_@
I completely agree with you, Karn. At the high levels of competition, the top 8 is usually made up of a variety of top tier characters. MK probably makes up about 3 or 4 of those top 8 but not as bad. If you play a character that has a bad matchup with MK, then you should really consider picking up a secondary asap. That's the main reason I chose to main Falco. He has very even matchups across the top tier and zero to deaths almost all of the low tiers. He struggles when he gets to the Marth-Rob tier area, but not many people main those characters in NC.

THO

Smash Apprentice
I thought this tourney was fine (probably cuz I didn't enter brawl and have to deal with all that ****). Teams were awesome. I know now to just stick to my main in teams (shady and foxy apparently are amazing at CF dittos and I'm possibly the worst CF teams dittoer ever, 6 stock deficit).

I'll try to bring a Brawl+ setup next time, which means I have to get B+, probably should have done that ages ago.
Omni thanks for hosting, sorry **** took so long and thanks for letting me use your controller.
Also, your father is a very nice guy, greeting me at the door and ****.
Alex did good in teams and way to go winning B+, succeeding where I **** up.
It was nice seeing every one again, we should have more tourneys or something, or just hang out or fest or **** something i don't know.

Also, omni, i don't mind that you bumped me to losers straight up. I was on the phone down stairs for like 30 minutes so i don't blame you for that. It sucks for me and you cuz you got knocked out due to it but nothing really serious happened after all, plus I really really had to get going and probably shouldn't have entered singles in the first place.

Either way, good ****, and if you consider dropping an event drop Brawl singles cuz we all know doubles is better than singles and B+ is better than brawl. But don't listen to me, i'm a ****ing *** and i don't know **** about ****.

Good tourney,
tho

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Like other people have said, I had a lot of fun at this tourney even though Brawl singles not finishing was a drag.

I was pleasantly surprised at how large the Brawl+ turnout was.

Duo55

Smash Ace
The only thing that matters in PRs is results, and more specifically, who beats who in tourney. Duo probably would have been higher on the PRs if he didn't drop out of PLURs tourney because he was sick. It's not his fault he was sick, but at the same time, it lessens the amount of data we have. Other than that in the ranking period for the last PRs Duo is ranked about as good as he should have been.

Haha, bill you have such bad grammar and spelling when you post from your phone. @_@
If were using this logic than I'm definitly inthe wrong place in the pr's. No offence, but I consistently beat, Rag, shady, and you karn in tourney. Who are all currently ranked above me in the pr's, now granted fox is a tuff match-up for these ppl's mains, I know, but I still beat them, and also if we're going by placing in tourney then, you out of every one on the pr board should know why niether of us made it out of pools at herb 2. We had : Myself, sushimen (who I also two stocked in tournamet with fox, and he had to be homo and take me to frigate because he needed an even greater advantage than using meta-knight to win because I figured out his little game ) Boss, and you karn. And it was two man advance... then you look over at bills pool where its him, G-reg, and a bunch of randoms... seems alittle redundent to drop me four slots over that don't ya think? Now I can understand absence, hurting my standing, but to be honest the only ppl that ever beat me are Bill (which is why I think I'm as low as I am) Stingers (Who I've only fought only once in tourney, and our matches were rediculously close. But no disrespect man, I usally **** robs in tourney so you were totaly legit in beating me ) PP (duh, but on that note I really want to fight you again) and Dub (I'm not just saying this because he beat me this tourney either, he always gives me alot of trouble, even in teams... ****ed bannanas...) So all I'm saying is I think I should have gone down, but to 8th? But like I said, all I can do is step it up I guess. I didn't write this to offend anyone, yall are all my friends as far as I'm concerned, I'm just confused is all, as to how the pr's actually work.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh ****

the fact DDD can't CG fox is so stupid D: i want DDD and MK to be my 2 best characters but Fox is really hard for everyone I use. Fox even does decently against MK iirc, azen almost beat m2k with his fox at apex or something @.@

if fox didn't get ***** so badly by pika and zss he could be high tier imo >.>

Duo55

Smash Ace
oh ****

the fact DDD can't CG fox is so stupid D: i want DDD and MK to be my 2 best characters but Fox is really hard for everyone I use. Fox even does decently against MK iirc, azen almost beat m2k with his fox at apex or something @.@

espesially considering he's a hard counter for snake. (Sounds funny I know, but ask any snake I fought, one mistake and its 30-40%, and fox shuts down his camp game completely. He can compete with MK, and half the top tiers as well. I'd say hes low high tier IMPO.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Will the unfinished Brawl Singles bracket affect the PRs? I felt I performed very well in this tourny.

Inb4, zero to death combo. Good **** Dub, we gotta play more often. All of our matches were close.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
They will but I hate to say it, they probably wont have a very large affect since when the tournament was cut off there were still several players left in and so it will be hard get much data out of this tournament. Don't worry we will get as much data out of this tournament as possible because there were a lot of players that did quite well in this tournament and efforts should be recognized just keep in mind that it will be difficult to gather much from this.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
oh ****

lol Fox doesn't get ***** by ZSS.

Gently ****ed. But not *****.

Also, it figures that Foxy would get all of the top six in B+ except me and PLUR.

Sooooooo underappreciated.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
doesnt zss have some infinite on fox? i dont follow the 2 characters much but i seem to recall an infinite >.>

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
doesnt zss have some infinite on fox? i dont follow the 2 characters much but i seem to recall an infinite >.>
An infinte that mainly limits Fox's spacing options, and means he can't roll.

If you're even landing a single dsmash on Fox, he should be ashamed. It doesn't actually play into the matchup much.

Wait what?

"get"?
Like, you listed five of the top six teams, but missed us.

I'm not complaining so much as giving you a hard time for the lulz. No offense intended.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
dsmash doesnt seem like that hard of a move to land o.O
I can see it happening at most twice in a match on average on a decently good opponent, and that's averaging over every character in the game. Fox is one of the harder characters to land it on, because he spends most of his time either shooting lasers at you from the other side of the stage, shinestalling above you, or utilting your shield. He doesn't live at the spacing that dsmash thrives at.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
sorry im late, first off i had fun. Secondly, the things that happened between devin and Bill shouldnt not have happened at all. I personally feel that if the TO would have actually talked to Bill or Devin when Devin asked "Omni, tell us what we are doing" instead of simply walking by, checking the bracket and then walking away again. Thirdly, thanks to flamingo for being such a good sport about me and Bo giving him a hard time about Mk. Thanks to Karn for a great match, good to finally meet you. Thirdly, I agree with bills earlier post about general tournament management. Also, No one plays who they say they do on here, for those of you who have yet to play in NC. All of you play MK. which only adds to the argument in favor of the ban. But never the less, i hope to see you all at billfest. Most of you NC guys are really arrogant but thats cool. no ones going to ask you to change. haha. I would lastly like to thank Karn's beard, for being so AWESOME.

ps, devin is missing a sensor bar.

ps. god forbid, anyone in NC have to learn a real character to win ;)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I can beat anyone in NC with my ROB...except PP and Bill :D

me and Bill go back and forth though...i just can't get the upper hand consistently. dude has too much rob practice and i have no oli :( thx karn for helpin me out with the matchup though =)

...tho PP...man **** you XD

Top Bottom