• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get to Know the G&W Boards!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's one of his best stages. I don't play it much simply because I would rather play RC/Corneria heh.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I completely agree with G&W being the best in teams. In teams my other characters are no where near G&W. Hate G&W dittos, well all in general. Cant wait to meet and play you guys.

K 2

Smash Lord
Can I be on the list if I start using G&W more in tourney? I already play as him pretty good but mostly only in teams since I use Wario for singles. AND people at the last HOBO said my G&W was better than Hylian's.

*Runs from the Dr. Pepper Annihilator AKA Hylian*
Produce tourney results (I'm guessing you want to be under "Top Players"). I prefer singles, but Singles or Doubles work, but you need to show my a few vids and place well in large, noteworthy tourneys.

hey!... i posted my profile in page 4 and i was totally ignored by K 2 =(
You either have to contribute a lot here, or you have to place well in tourneys.

Why am I at the bottom K2?
Idk. Someone has to be at the bottom.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Produce tourney results (I'm guessing you want to be under "Top Players"). I prefer singles, but Singles or Doubles work, but you need to show my a few vids and place well in large, noteworthy tourneys.
Cool :) Hardest part would probably be getting vids lol, my stuff rarely gets recorded it seems.

K 2

Smash Lord
Cool :) Hardest part would probably be getting vids lol, my stuff rarely gets recorded it seems.
I prefer to have a few vids, so people can see why you are listed under "Top Players." However, if you place well in large tourneys (I believe HOBO is in your area?), I'll put you on the list.

OkinawaOldSchool

Smash Cadet
Name: Corey Bankhardt.
Tag: Oki, Okiii, Okii~, It's really whatever I feel like. XP.
Color (of your character): Mustard.
Hometown: Long Beach, California.
Currently Resides: Long Beach, California.
Mains: Mr. Game and Watch.
Secondaries: Metaknight, Marth and ICs
Melee Characters: Roy, Mr. Game and Watch, Captain Falcon.
Loves: Food, Dr. Pepper, Photoshop, Music, Driving, Sleeping.
Fears: Squirrels.
Playstyle: In one short word it's Aggressive. Very, Very aggressive. I try not to let up on the opponent at all. I usually get comments saying that I do weird things by; "Not playing it safe." Even when I know I am not supposed to be aggressive, I am.
Favorite thing about Brawl: It's an easy game.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Bananas.
Profile/Short Bio: I am 17 years old, and began on the smash scene back in 2006. Really as a no name placing very low in Melee tournaments. As of now, I do play Brawl most only, Melee at smashfests, though. Attending tournaments = <3. I am at one almost, if not every weekend.
Tournament Placings: 4th in Doubles at Quiznos Presents: Brawl IV. 9th in Singles at Quiznos Presents: Brawl IV. 4th in Doubles at Compton Surprise. 5th in Singles at Chula Vista XXI. 2nd in Doubles at Chula Vista XXI. 17th in Singles at Race's Garage Tournament VI: Mark of the Millenium. 7th at Backyard Brawl (Singles).
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Edrees and Champ in Doubles. Michael Hey in a Random Money Match at SCSA #1.
Best video(s) of yourself:
Useful Threads: None.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol I am not a contributor ;[ and I barely play G&W anymore

take me off... unless this is just a G&W players thread then cool

K 2

Smash Lord
opps sorry about that. I just fixed it.

If anyone wants to add pictures to their profile, just send them to me and I'll place it under your name.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'm kinda new to G&W. I'm getting to learn the character and the matchups one by one. The character is alot of fun and hopefully I can add something to the discussion. For the sake of doing it :

Name: Damien
Tag:d4bA
Color (of your character): Cyan
Hometown: Dallas, TX
Currently Resides: Dallas, TX
Mains: MK, Snake, G&W
Secondaries: Luigi, Falco and DDD
Melee Characters: Marth and CFalcon
Loves: Grabbing
Fears: Off stage
Playstyle: Rushdown
Favorite thing about Brawl: There is alot of freedom to move.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: D3 and hardcounters
Profile/Short Bio: Been in the fighter scene for about 6 years. Played mvc2, GG, 3s, SSBM and GGAC competitively.
Tournament Placings: Top 10 area.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Depends, players get better every month.
Best video(s) of yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04T9rikHy4 I picked this out randomly.
Useful Threads: 0

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
in general. I don't like to be off stage.

prob why I use characters with good recovery *wink wink*

K 2

Smash Lord
I'll add you to the list once you've proven yourself to be a top G&W or a useful contributer.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^when are you making your casual section, so people like me who can't get to tournies will have a chance to be mentioned?

(If that isn't happening, meh--sorry for bothering you)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think we should add a "He may not play Gaw a lot, but hes ****ing DMG!" category.

Besides, he mains spotdodge and seconds airdodge.

<3

jog

Smash Journeyman
but if you have everyone up there what makes the good players special from everyone else?
its somewhat of a "privilege" to be on here and see who is good and who to look up to and to listen to.

in other words. equality blows. :)

OkinawaOldSchool

Smash Cadet
That's why there would be different sections. XP. It's equality, but not really. By having them in a place that is not like the, "Top Player" Section, they will still feel not as special as everyone, but still special in the fact that their name is displayed. XD.

I did post a profile of my own, but I suppose I'm not well enough known, or haven't placed high enough to be one of the "Top" But A2 can vouch for me. ;D

Not everyone can be on there, though. I gets the idea.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^yeah, it's just the title led me to believe that is was gonna end up being as list of people who are regulars in the G&W board, just that it makes distinction between good, great, and unknown players.

K 2

Smash Lord
Can you guys give me your FC if its not on smashboard yet? If it is, I can easily look it up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think we should add a "He may not play Gaw a lot, but hes ****ing DMG!" category.

Besides, he mains spotdodge and seconds airdodge.

<3
Yes, I concur, although I have used G&W a lot more recently the past few weeks. Hylian and I did a ton of G&W Ditto's at a tournament last weekend for Winner's Finals and Grand Finals.

Also, just a tiny correction I main airdodge and second spotdodge, but hey what's the difference I love them both. With Wario, not G&W. Eww @ his airdodge and spotdodge lol.

K 2

Smash Lord
DMG, have you submitted a profile yet? I'm going to follow Phloat's idea with the DMG section...lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have two profiles, a serious one and a lulzy one to go with the "He may not play Gaw a lot, but hes ****ing DMG!" section. :o

Lulzy:

Name: dr. mario guy AKA DMG
Tag: Doc, DMG
Color (of your character): Cotton Candy (That's right, Cotton Candy IS a color)
Hometown: Waco
Currently Resides: Waco
Mains: Airdodge.
Secondaries: Spotdodge.
Melee Characters: SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Loves: Bacon.
Fears: Your mother.
Playstyle: Soooooooooo Defensive.
Favorite thing about Brawl: Taking a devastating sh** on your character.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: The decision by Nintendo to give Wario the girth and costumes of two characters, but only 1 icon on the character selection screen.
Profile/Short Bio: I'm 16, I like long walks on the beach and Boobies. Thank you for your time.
Tournament Placings: 1st at most of the local tourneys so far, 4th to 2nd at a lot of the HOBO's, and recently I got 1st in a staring contest against a Hungarian Owl.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Azen, Hylian, Dojo, and some other people.
Best video(s) of yourself: Maybe this---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
Useful Threads: Not much for G&W, posting some in the stage discussions and in the general thread.

Now for the serious one:

Name: dr.mario guy, DMG
Tag: Doc, DMG
Color (of your character): Red for G&W
Hometown: Waco
Currently Resides: Waco
Mains: Wario
Secondaries: G&W, Diddy, Snake, IC's, DK, Olimar.
Melee Characters: Falco, Falcon, Dr. Mario, Mario, Fox, G&W, Marth.
Loves: Puzzles, good Chess games, good literature.
Fears: Getting rejected.
Playstyle: Forcing my opponent to do specific things and then punishing them. Also fairly defensive.
Favorite thing about Brawl: Lots of defensive options, slower pace means more strategic thought is required to succeed.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Some of the attributes on characters are just ridiculous if you are looking for balance.
Profile/Short Bio: My name is Bobby, I am 16, and I live in Waco, Texas. I never really went to Melee tournaments, mainly because I wasn't aware of a smash scene in my area until 06. Melee was slightly dying then, and I had trouble getting rides to play with the locals. Eventually Brawl came out and I picked up Wario and G&W from day 1. I started to notice the inner workings of moves amongst the characters and quickly developed an insight on the limitations of characters and focused on exploiting them whenever I played against them. There isn't a very big Brawl scene locally, and I caught the other cities attention when some of them came to the first local tourneys. Eventually I traveled with Dallas to HOBO's and started to place well among some of the best competition in Texas. I made a place for myself among the top in the State, just by playing at the tourneys and sometimes the day before the tourney (I honestly do not practice much at all).
Tournament Placings: 1st at most of the local tourneys, 4th at a few of the bigger HOBO's (Including the Hobo that DSF, M2K, Azen, Edrees, and other OOS people attended), and basically I usually am in the top 5 always.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Azen, Hylian, Dojo, and a few other people.
Best video(s) of yourself: I will have a G&W vid up soon.
Useful Threads: I don't have any threads of my own here on these boards, but I do have a Wario matchup thread over on those boards.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't even remember playing some of these people who claim to beat me in tourney X^D

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
i love smash lol

you put somone on your front page that would ****ing puke that im not on it, l2p people gimme a call in 3 years when u realize u havent done **** with GW ever

oh and lemme borrow a wii

(OMG HYLIAN THAS FOR YOU)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Mr. Escalator

Name: Dylan
Tag: Mr. Escalator, MrEsc
Color (of your character): Gold
Hometown: Hudson, New Hampshire
Currently Resides: Hudson, New Hampshire
Mains: Game and Watch
Secondaries: Diddy Kong, Bowser, Mario
Melee Characters: G&W, Yoshi, Peach
Loves: Smash, various PC games, books, iced tea, etc.
Fears: The open ocean (and by extension, boats)
Playstyle: Hard to say: I do whatever it takes to get into my opponent's sphere and wreck havoc. I'm also quick to get back out and regroup with G&W's upB. Unfortunately, I sometimes find myself DIing back to my opponent after surviving a hit, and I have to stop myself from getting back into the ****. I'm fond of the tactical use of Chef, and whenever I find myself using it, it works. Also, I pride myself in good Vertical zoning; I use Utilt and offensive UpB's to keep my enemy in the prime spot, and try to follow up with Nairs and Uairs. My ground game could use it a bit of work, but it's coming along.
Favorite thing about Brawl: I like the "feel" of it; the game engine. It's more floaty than melee, and air dodging offstage wont get you killed. The defensive options in Brawl can force some serious prediction on how best to respond, and I enjoy it a lot. Another thing I like about it is footstool jumping. It can be combo'd into and is a good edgeguarding tool.
Also, the diversity in Brawl is amazing. We have a great selection of characters: Diddy creates items to use and abuse, Snake controls the whole field with planned explosives, and Lucario with his aura mechanic that either help his combo ability or his ability to kill, for examples.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: I hate the random tripping mechanic. It's pretty dumb. I also dislike the small amount of time spent into the online part of Brawl. I mean, who plays Homerun contest online? SSE would be of been a better idea. It's just could of been executed much better, and maybe it would be a better source of practice with less lag.
Profile/Short Bio: First things first; I have four brothers. This is pretty much what got me into competitive smash. My two older brothers were good melee players who went and did a lot of nearby tournaments and lurked Smashboards, and I got into playing seriously through them. I did sort of miss the melee train, though. Anyways, Brawl came out and I wanted to get into it. I would practice a lot when I had free time in the training room mastering teching and glidetossing. Online became my source of constant playing when my brothers sort of stopped caring about the competitive scene and wont give me rides out of state, though they do play occasionally at the house. I've made a lot of good friends through Smash, and met some cool people in person attending tournaments. I can't wait to attend even more and *try* to make a decent name for myself.
Tournament Placings: Poor and poor. Most recent was 9th of 15, but the few that were there were good. OBM, Buuman, Darc, and Dazwa, for example. I'll be trying for better placement, though.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Nobody of noteworthiness offline
Best video(s) of yourself: Nothing recent + nothing competitive
Useful Threads: ▼▼▼

Oil Panic! (A Bucket List and Strategy Guide)
G&W Frame Data
G&W Discussion: Edgeguarding on and offstage
Omegablackmage's Mr. Game and Watch Guide
Made several contributions through testing Dthrow -> Dsmash, fixing the old Bucket List, and providing the original pictures.
Would of used the original thread for the Dthrow -> Dsmash, but this is as good of a reference (plus couldn't find it).

---

There you go, K 2. I request to be put in with the top contributors right under A2ZOMG.
It's formatted, so you can just click reply and cut+paste it in the first post.
x)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Neb, do you REALLY want to fight me?
CAUSE I WILL.

Lol, I would update it, but HotGarbage hasn't gotten any frame data recently despite my heckling.
I might update it with the few things I do have if he doesnt get anything soon.

K 2

Smash Lord
ugh...I just got back from vacation in Hawaii today and I'm suffering from jet lag. I promise to update this (and the stage discussion) soon. I'm so tired right now...

Neb

Smash Lord
HAWII! O_O!?
And welcome back, brah.

@Esc
-__-, I'll give you one week.

On topic: G&W is a great character!

K 2

Smash Lord
cool. I'll send them invites to fill out a profile.

Its been so long since I've seen this thread. I almost forgot about it. XD

Top Bottom