• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get to Know the G&W Boards!

K 2

Smash Lord
I love how you threaten me at the end. =P

Edit: Wtf happened to the main post? Hylian, can you and your mod powers edit my post?

K 2

Smash Lord
Ah...I want to be a mod! =/

Hylian's part stands out so much compared to everyone else's...I need to make theirs colorful too.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I made mine more...readable :). And added some of my useful thread.

Hope you don't mind XD.

K 2

Smash Lord
Nah I don't mind. You just saved me a bunch of work though >.>

Schools out today (w00t!) so I will have time to make this thread better and more readable.

Neb

Smash Lord
Could you update my profile like so?

Name: Benjamin, 'Ben'
Tag: Neb
Color (of your character): Black & Indigo
Hometown: Brownstown, MI
Currently Resides: Blythewood, SC
Mains: G&W
Secondaries: **** everybody else, :p
Melee Characters: Ness & G&W
Loves: Smash, G&W boards, music, girls (etc)
Fears: G&WxROB (o_O)
Playstyle: I use chef, but my game mostly revolves-around adaption, reaction and conditioning. You'll rarely hear anything about my playstyle
with the exception of that...rip-offs, >>.
Favorite thing about Brawl: Buffed Melee Turtle
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: MK, Tripping, Melee 'chute cut
Profile/Short Bio: Too lazy to write, so I'll just list some stuff.

Playing Smash since 64
64- Ness
Melee- Ness & GaW
Brawl- GaW

Just ask me, I don't have the patience to write a biography.

Useful Threads:

Projectile Defense Guide
The Art Of Mouthing - An Uair Guide (18+)!
The Ageold Theatre- G&W Video Thread
The Game & Watch Gallery- A Crown Directory
Game & Watch Stratagems

K 2

Smash Lord
Ah that's good. I currently need yours, xYz's, OBM's, and Phloat's. I doubt xYz will submit his though...

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Name: Tom
Tag: Kraven
Color (of your character): Black & Blue
Hometown: Lima, Peru
Currently Resides: Seville, Spain
Secondaries: Lucario
Melee Characters: Marth
Loves: Smash, Music, Sleeping etc etc
Fears: MK dsmash at 80%+
Playstyle: I like to revolve my playstyle around a defensive/ tactical view... i prefer to wait most of the times but sometimes i just go frenzy as a little change.
Favorite thing about Brawl: Not so technical as melee.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Tripping, infinites.
Profile/Short Bio: Im too lazy to write about this.
Tournament Placings: Ive only been to 1 tournament and i came out 9th out of 64
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: None

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Name: Victor Oyefusi
Tag: SlikVik
Color (of my character and me): Black and proud
Hometown: Hyattsville, MD
Currently Resides: MD
Secondaries: Peach/wario
Melee Characters: Peach
Loves: aggressive play...Chipotle
Fears: Excessive campers...Taco Bell
Playstyle: Camp till I see an opening then relentless offense
Favorite thing about Brawl: G&W ***** lol. landing clutch 9s
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Gay styles
Profile/Short Bio: Uh where to start. I play with the majority of the best players in the country. I love referring to myself in the third person. I'm a pretty cocky player. I feel that there is no one that I shouldn't be able to beat. I started as a random scrub at the University of Maryland College Park, I was fortunate enough to encounter several players who played smash at a high level such as voodoo, PXTTalon, Wife, RickR, Infernomni. so by the time I started going to melee tournaments very early 2007, I was already decent. I stayed dedicated and a few months later I started taking out some big name players, some of which are listed below. I consider the peak of my melee career to be pound3, where I made brackets in teams with my partner boss(making brackets was really hard at this tournament), and barely didn't make it out of my 2nd round death pool in singles which included drephen, sliq, wobbles, skler...gay. So shortly after, brawl came out. I was pretty disappointed with it at first. Everyone camped their ***** off. It was boring. Eventually, I picked up G&W who allowed me to plow through the evil campers. Ironically, my style has became gayer as time has gone on due to living in such a high level region(MD/VA fo life), but I love mindless aggression whenever I can get away with it
Tournament Placings: The majority of my placings have been between 5th and 10th. Top 3 is usually reserved for Azen, Chillin, Chudat(sux. Their cool people, but eventually their dynasty will be ended and the wealth will be spread)
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: For melee(M) and Brawl(B) - Anden(M), G-Reg(B), Plank(M), LordKnight(M), Bob$(M), Chudat(B), Nacker(B), Velocity(M), um others I can't remember at the moment
Best video(s) of yourself: Well, I'm lazy so here's a link with a youtube search of most recent SlikVik vids http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=slikvik&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLPUEhFe7HI&feature=related <<< O yea, Triple 9. so what if he was my teammate...
Useful Threads: Stuff with me in it lol

K 2

Smash Lord
Slikvik, you have the coolest name ever.

Wow, that triple 9 video was insane. 3 seconds, 3 kills. Nice.

K 2

Smash Lord
Yeah, Phloat wanted someone (me) to do this for the G&W boards, and I gladly accepted. I tried to start one on the pika boards, but they already had a mini version of this (and your) thread.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Whaaaaat? 56K? You NEVER contribute here! GTFO!

Just kidding of course.

Name: David Chao
Tag: A2ZOMG
Color: Black
Hometown: Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Currently Resides: Rancho Palos Verdes, California (could change when I go to college)
Mains: G&W, Mario, Ganondorf
Secondaries: ROB, Link, Ike
Melee Characters: Mario, G&W
Loves: Nintendo in general.
Fears: Not repping my mains well.
Playstyle: Attempts to be creative.
Favorite thing about Brawl: G&W is too good.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Balance is horrifyingly bad, tripping
Profile/Short Bio: I live in SoCal. I'm famous for being uh....smart? And I broke G&W by discovering Bucket Braking.
Tournament Placings: You don't want to know right now.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Nobody that I know yet....
Best video(s) of yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xT8hM60cUg
Useful Threads: Bucket Braking, Learn 2 D-air edgeguard

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Name: Caleb Gaddes
Tag: Phloat
Color (of your character): Green/Red. Merry Christmas
Hometown: Richmond
Currently Resides: Franklin TN
Mains: GaW
Secondaries:
MK =[
Melee Characters: Fox
Loves: Often
Fears: Good Snakes
Playstyle: Intelligent
Favorite thing about Brawl: The Community
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: TN's lack of a community
Profile/Short Bio: I played fox in melee, and never really got very far, getting more places in Brawl. I actually don't mind wifi, because there is no tech skill to mess up and it kinda refines your matchup knowledge. Its not great, but might as well. PM me if you want play, and I also play Team Fortress 2. My team won Bronze in the 8 v 8 STA league a while back, but we fell apart. PM me if you have a team that is worth my FREAKING TIME. (I get onto fail ones quite often)
Tournament Placings: 49th at C3, don't mean to brag.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: ChuDat, except he won.
Best video(s) of yourself: None are uploaded =[
Useful Threads: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195531 and http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190917 They were perfectly written and posted, they just never took off =[.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
sure, i'll go for this. I might need to update it a bit later when i get a few vids up of myself

Name: Dustin Stankich
Tag: JKBUK
Color (of your character):Black, Light Blue
Hometown: Sterling Heights MI
Currently Resides: Sterling Heights
Secondaries: Lucario/MK, Ness
Melee Characters: Fox
Loves: Mountain Dew
Fears: Playing snake
Playstyle: Scrub
Favorite thing about Brawl: Randoms
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Snake
Profile/Short Bio: I'm 17, lived in Michigan my entire life. Entered the smash scene about 4-5 months ago, and I've only gotten better since. I'm always up for a good match.
Tournament Placings: Top 5ish more or less, I usually lose to Anther, Lain, Panda, or NoJ, so gimme a break
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Lain, Omniswell
Best video(s) of yourself: (will add later)
Useful Threads: none, can't say i'm amazingly active

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Name: Calvin Lofton

Tag: God-is-my-Rock

Color: Green/Blue

Hometown: Laurel, MD

Current Residence: Pasadena, MD

Mains: G&W, Icies, DK

Secondaries: Jiggs, Kirby, Captain Falcon, Falco, in no particular order

Melee Characters: G&W(Main), Fox, Falco, Marth(Secondaries)

Loves: God, my family and friends, Drawing, Adobe, Smash

Fears: Two faced people

Playstyle: Defensive against certain characters(I.E. MK) and offensive against others.(I.E. ROB)

Favorite thing about Brawl: All the things left to discover in it.

Least Favorite thing about Brawl: Campy players, it's really annoying :mad:

Profile/Short Bio: I was born in Laurel, MD. I've lived there for a majority of my life. I started playing smash competitively in summer 2006. I mained G&W in Melee too. I love all of the smash games. I even traded in my beloved Super Nintendo to buy the original(I was about 9 years old) I am currently attending The Art Institute of Washington for my BFA in 3D Animation. Smash is my hobby and I really enjoy playing it.

Tournament Placings: 5th teams(Chudat's Thanksgiving Bi-Weekly), 3rd teams(Cyberden in August I think) It's so hard to place in MD/VA(Azen, Chu, Chillin, Boss, G-regulate, Omni, etc.) :dizzy:

Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: Chudat + Forte(Brawl)

Best video(s) of yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZW2CJkkYaw

Useful Threads: I don't have any useful G&W related Threads

K 2

Smash Lord
=)

This as been an astounding success. All of a sudden, a flood of applicants rain in!

Updating it now...

The Reverend 814

Smash Apprentice
Name: Josh
Tag: Rev
Color (of your character): Black
Hometown: Altoona, PA
Currently Resides: Altoona, PA. Soon to be State College.
Secondaries: Shiek, Luigi, Marth, Kirby, Gannon
Melee Characters: Marth and G&W
Loves: Anything competitive, music, food, party
Fears: Spiders and heights
Playstyle: Utilize all of games moves using a lot of Bair and Nair combos as well as Uair stalls to Up-b hits. Advocate of the chef as an edge guard, mind game, etc. Playing semi defensive to frustrate opponents then striking with a combo when they mess up. Always taking advantage of the fishbowl pull off the stage into level spike.
Favorite thing about Brawl: Character variety and focus more on learning the game and not learning the glitches, i.e. melee wave dashing.
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: tripping, online, metaknight
Profile/Short Bio: I go to penn state altoona and love college. I'm a real chill person always down for anything and I'm very personable but I talk a lot of ****. I'm very competitive because all my friends are, but I can easily accept a good loss. Got into smash kinda late actually didn't start learning how to play like a pro until brawl and now I am one of the best in altoona and probably one of the top G&W players in the state.
Tournament Placings: 5th (TGP's last smash tourny. Lost to M2K and Pav) 7th (PSU Main brawl tourny. Lost to Umbra and Kruton) 7th (Smash Riot. Lost to Mav and Kruton)
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: A bunch of PA's best as well as people from New York and MD, not really sure who is considered "pro" around here so I don't wanna go name droppin false ****.
Best video(s) of yourself: Soon to come.
Useful Threads: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199345

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
xYz

Name: Will
Tag: xYz
Color (of your character): Mustard
Hometown: Orlando, FL
Currently Resides: Orlando
Mains: GW
Secondaries: Ike/Fox/Falco/Wolf/Tlink/Snake/Falcon
Melee Characters: Falcon/Doc/Young Link/Fox
Loves: Competition, Sports, Sport Compact Car Racing, Women
Fears: Sharks, and huge spiders
Playstyle: Very, very aggresive, even when i'm not suppose to be. I do well against any character whether the odds are against me. Firm believer that G&W goes even with MK.
Favorite thing about Brawl: Winning $$$, Teaching people my GW tactics, and playing people of high levels.
Least Favorite thing about brawl: Nade camping, snake on FD, tripping.
Profile/Short Bio: My first tournament was in Winter of 2004. I attended a Melee tournament in my area, and got dead last. My best friend ended up getting top 5. Since then I devoted myself to becoming better than him, and eventually the best. My first goal was a great success, but i'm still working on the 2nd ;) I got Brawl a month before it came out and was ahead of everyone early on, and stayed that way for a long period of time. Everyone eventually caught up, and the competition only got harder and harder. I was once considered 2nd best in FL, and the best GW main in ATL South Region. I quit singles for awhile, but I am making a comeback to the scene
Tournament Placings: I have made a over $3,500 in Brawl. I have been to atleast 40-50 tournaments, and I have never placed below top 10.
Pros beaten in tournament/MM: Lambchops/HRNUT/Seibrik/Danny/Gmoney/Rx- Etc. Pretty much everyone from FL really. Lee (winner from Gamestop tourneies.) NY Wes.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Edit:

Nevermind ^_^.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Whaaaaat? 56K? You NEVER contribute here! GTFO!

Just kidding of course.
Funny thing, I had actually come to tell the TC to take me off because I never contribute here >_>

So uh...take me off because I never contribute here :laugh:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Can I be on the list if I start using G&W more in tourney? I already play as him pretty good but mostly only in teams since I use Wario for singles. AND people at the last HOBO said my G&W was better than Hylian's.

*Runs from the Dr. Pepper Annihilator AKA Hylian*

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Can I be on the list if I start using G&W more in tourney? I already play as him pretty good but mostly only in teams since I use Wario for singles. AND people at the last HOBO said my G&W was better than Hylian's.

wow are you serious? who exactly said that?? If it aint anyone credible or someone off the TX power rankings then don't even say another word.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord

I am really interested on seeing your G&W. I want to compare mine to you guys too. Ill be at Final smash 5

BORED AT WORK SO I GUESS ILL DO IT
Name: Luis Villanueva
Tag: Furiousduffmanx (DUFF)
Color (of your character): I only use original colors
Hometown: Camargo, Chihuahua (Mexico) lol
Currently Resides: EL Paso, TX
Mains: G&W, Wario
Secondaries: Falco, Marth, MK soon
Melee Characters: Falco, Falcon
Loves: First person shooters and Smash
Fears: Rejection, getting lied to
Playstyle: I try to annoy people and do it fairly well. They say i spam a lot
Favorite thing about Brawl: The turtle
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: I hate that its so hard to bring Captain Falcon to high tier :( , MK
Profile/Short Bio: Well known in my city for winning Halo tournaments. Like to play soccer, run and play videogames. I am a tutor at a High school and Attending college. Got back into melee a bit after wavedashing was out so i started playing competively and wasn't too succesful. I have really been playing brawl since it was out and i seem to do pretty good
Tournament Placings: 2/30, 2/64, 1/40 at TMS.
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: will travel soon
Best video(s) of yourself: Dont like the ones that are up cause they are too old.

jog

Smash Journeyman
Name: David Kubiak
Tag: Jog, dK
Color (of your character): Black, Light Blue
Hometown: Houston, TX
Currently Resides: Houston
Mains: G&W, Lucario, Pikachu
Secondaries: Faclon, Ness
Melee Characters: Fox, Falco
Loves: Dr Pepper, smash, friends, playing bass, Tom&Jerry, and pie
Fears: MK and banana locking >_<
Playstyle: BAIR BAIR BAIR
Favorite thing about Brawl: Randoms, foot stools, and Falcon v. Ganon matches
Least Favorite thing about Brawl: MK, tripping, and i wish there were more characters
Profile/Short Bio: I'm 18, I've lived in Houston my entire life. Just got into competitive Brawl very recently
Tournament Placings: nothing good yet :ohwell:
Pros beaten in tourneys or MM: none
Best video(s) of yourself: none
Useful Threads: I just like to contribute to the threads given

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
wow are you serious? who exactly said that?? If it aint anyone credible or someone off the TX power rankings then don't even say another word.
Lol a few guys on and off the PR list said that mostly because of how I did in teams with him taking 3 stocks off of Dojo and Melee1 (2 vs 1) and still winning matches.

I didn't use him much in singles, mostly just for a few CP's here and there. I dunno if my G&W is actually better than Hylian's, but I think I could give him a good challenge for that title. We could both use G&W only at the next tourney, probably FS5, and see who gets farther with him, barring lopsided brackets lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hahaha DMG I haven't played anyone from houston in a long time actually so it's not suprising :). They just forgot my GW. I've actually gotten a lot better recently :).

Also, I usally own in teams as well. That could just be because GW is the best teams character. I beat 3000+T-rex 2v1 on Junglejapes. I've beaten Roy_R and JRA 2v1 when they had 3 stocks low damage and I had 1. I've 2v1'ed dojo and santi before. I've 2v1'ed you and phantomX with 3 stock :). Gw is just amazing in teams.

Also, a lot of people in houston just don't like me an haven't played me recently so they like to have things to throw in my face.

I honestly don't care if your GW is better then mine though :). I need practice in GW dittos lol because I have no experience in them.

We will see though :).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hahaha DMG I haven't played anyone from houston in a long time actually so it's not suprising :). They just forgot my GW. I've actually gotten a lot better recently :).
I know I was kinda sad that they had 2 tourneys that same day, woulda been awesome if everyone combined was at one location.

Also, I usally own in teams as well. That could just be because GW is the best teams character. I beat 3000+T-rex 2v1 on Junglejapes. I've beaten Roy_R and JRA 2v1 when they had 3 stocks low damage and I had 1. I've 2v1'ed dojo and santi before. I've 2v1'ed you and phantomX with 3 stock :). Gw is just amazing in teams.
Yeah :( U made me airdodge to my death, a feat I have yet to duplicate lol. :)

I honestly don't care if your GW is better then mine though :). I need practice in GW dittos lol because I have no experience in them.

We will see though :).
Lol well no one really uses him much, there's like U, me, Zac, and furiousduffman (Who I am looking forward to playing/watching.) G&W ditto's on RC are gonna be silly lol, I can already picture that. :p

I know this is a bit off topic, but do you like Green Greens for G&W Hylian? I cp'd it and Watch seems like he is crazy good at that stage.

Top Bottom