• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Give me a week and I'll give you the scoop as to my going.

Mike, I hope you know I point to your posts as posts of excellence for those who BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW about going to tourneys.

Keep it up! :bigthumbu

Saltix

Smash Lord
I don't think i'll be going to MLG . I can't justify spending that much $ based on my current skill level (but thats my own fault, so no johns), and I currently don't have the excess $$ to spend on it
Good luck to all of you guys :/

If by some chance I manage to come into some extra $$$ I'll buy a pass

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think i'll be going to MLG . I can't justify spending that much $ based on my current skill level (but thats my own fault, so no johns), and I currently don't have the excess $$ to spend on it

This.

Plus the fact i'm unable to get OoS right now

/Johns.

Umby

Smash Master

That has nothing to do with it. **** is mad fun. More fun than any regular tournament you'll find in GA. That's where all the extra $$ is going to. Think of it as a mini-vacation + Smash experience.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah lol. I want to go to MLG and I don't even play Brawl. It's just like one of those experiences you have to do before you die, but to a much lesser extent.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
That has nothing to do with it. **** is mad fun. More fun than any regular tournament you'll find in GA. That's where all the extra $$ is going to. Think of it as a mini-vacation + Smash experience.
Yeah lol. I want to go to MLG and I don't even play Brawl. It's just like one of those experiences you have to do before you die, but to a much lesser extent.
^^ ALL of this.

mini vacation, meeting new people, playing smash.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
If that's what you really wanted though then you should of gone to APEX. Raleigh will be fun and all and amazing since it'll be so official... but you won't get to get any friendlies in at the venue and it's in NC... whereas APEX has prob 250+ Brawl entrants then 200+ Melee entrants that you can hang with and you get tons of friendlies with anyone you want.

APEX is going to be amazing. Hype!

Saltix

Smash Lord
It's always been a dream of mine to go to an MLG event, don't get me wrong
but I don't think it would be the wisest thing for me to do in spending $160+ on the trip that I do not have atm
and when I will get it, it will be out of my college survival funds lol

bigman40

Smash Master
It will not cost 160 for the trip. At best, you'll be spending 100 bucks and that's it. Also, if more people come, then I'll drive my car, but that also means I'll have a spot in the bed. The rest of you will have to play for it like we did last time at HERB 3 =]

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It will not cost 160 for the trip. At best, you'll be spending 100 bucks and that's it. Also, if more people come, then I'll drive my car, but that also means I'll have a spot in the bed. The rest of you will have to play for it like we did last time at HERB 3 =]
ugh, that night was terrible...
at least this time we don't have to worry about calvin and his loud snoring...

DRN

Smash Lord
i would expect him to come, but will he be int eh same room? need to bring some headphones...
Probably. I believe billy is the person getting the room and i doubt we will have enough for 2 rooms while keeping it cheap for everyone.

bigman40

Smash Master
If all three cars are filled up, then it would cost the same (maybe a tad more) for the hotels like it was at HERB 3 (this is counting 2 rooms). So, everyone would end up paying 20 bucks.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Where are the passes to MLG Raleigh being sold? I'm still thinking on this.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Confirmed for MLG. Bought my pass and plane ticket :D
Plane ticket? Why don't you guys just drive? It would be a lot less inexpensive and the drive really isn't that bad. You're staying with us though right?

Also, love the avatar but you should put the umad? part at the bottom in white so you can read it better.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Plane ticket? Why don't you guys just drive? It would be a lot less inexpensive and the drive really isn't that bad. You're staying with us though right?

Also, love the avatar but you should put the umad? part at the bottom in white so you can read it better.
My brother is leaving Thursday night. I have a class until 6 on thursday that i can not skip (3 hour once a week class). My lady friend (fiance') doesn't want me to go at all. If i fly out on friday and come back sunday morning i can still see her over the weekend, which is the only time i get to really spend time with her now since she's a teacher. I'm paid so money wasn't really an issue, and i'm just not going to do dubz, so Billy needs a partner! I'll look into fixing my avatar. Thanks for the feedback :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
My brother is leaving Thursday night. I have a class until 6 on thursday that i can not skip (3 hour once a week class). My lady friend (fiance') doesn't want me to go at all. If i fly out on friday and come back sunday morning i can still see her over the weekend, which is the only time i get to really spend time with her now since she's a teacher. I'm paid so money wasn't really an issue, and i'm just not going to do dubz, so Billy needs a partner! I'll look into fixing my avatar. Thanks for the feedback :)

Is really all I read.
Elev8 da boos.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm already looking into this, looks doable, thanks for the link.

just go dedede and you'll win
Lol, needs more D3 mains to CP Delfino.

Brawl- looks so fun, really.
Need to hurry up and get my SD Card set with it.

Confirmed for MLG. Bought my pass and plane ticket :D
Hope to see you there mate :)

I kind of agree with this, but i still don't know who i could carpool with if i do go, but flying for me right now is completely out of question, lol

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm bringing a Wii to APEX. I'm actually letting them use mine (without hacks I think) for the tournament. So it'll be in my carry on bag and we can play with it at the hotel.

I can bring a full setup to MLG if there is room in the car (doubt it) but I'll still bring my Wii at the very least.

Top Bottom