• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Zelda vs Mario MM whenever I see you in the far future.
I'm so down for this.

You can have that title when I leave Georgia. : P
Or I can have it while your here

The monthly is in Roswell.

It would probably serve best to tell people where you live too.

That happens to be Conyers btw.

Inorite? :>

Meree or Barwl here?

Kids these days. :rolleyes:
Brawl, I'm still working on my melee doc =/

Who's going to MLG Raleigh? I wanna know if we're going to get housing like we did for HERB 3.
Pretty sure I'm going to Raleigh, as I did miss Orlando EVEN THOUGH I WAS IN THE BRACKET ._.

No you guys don't; man up and do it.
...0_o

Veggi

Smash Champion
8 days, apparently. I don't play Melee much though, sorry. Mostly because I would have to use a GC controller. : /

I don't have my car with me so it's very hard trying to convince my parents to take me places.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah Dyno, I know... and that's the reason why I'm not entering. I don't want to be the guy who comes out of no where and gets top 8. That already happened once (Lounis at Orlando), so I don't want people to start thinking that the GA Brawl scene is actually legit.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
What's wrong with a gamecube controller... you should learn... they're the best controllers haha. Also, if you ever meet sleepyk then you will switch to melee :p

Veggi

Smash Champion
What's wrong with a gamecube controller... you should learn... they're the best controllers haha. Also, if you ever meet sleepyk then you will switch to melee :p
I'm interested in learning Melee, it would just be more difficult for me, especially considering I don't use GC. I used it when I used to play Melee a lot, but I was just more interested in Wiichuck.

Hopefully I manage to get out of this place and see some of the Georgia smash scene. It's not likely though.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Stop saying you want to go to Raleigh and go, wtf. I'm going by the way. Already bought my pass.

The passes are $35.

I know Lounis is driving already and he mentioned at least another car or two I think.

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Stop saying you want to go to Raleigh and go, wtf. I'm going by the way. Already bought my pass.

The passes are $35.

I know Lounis is driving already and he mentioned at least another car or two I think.
Don't be so ignorant and naive as to think that saying "im going to mlg" is as clear cut a decision as saying something like "im going to waba." There are too many mitigating factors in play to just outright state I'm going to an oos, 2, possibly 3, day tournament.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Don't be so ignorant and naive as to think that saying "im going to mlg" is as clear cut a decision as saying something like "im going to waba." There are too many mitigating factors in play to just outright state I'm going to an oos, 2, possibly 3, day tournament.
You're really going to verbally attack me for a sentence? As you see I don't take kindly to that.

First of all, nothing I said could label me as ignorant or naive. You're talking to a person who goes out of state very often in comparison to the bulk of the community. I know what additional "mitigating factors" (which you need to check your definition of mitigating btw) there are and I even supplied some of the extra information to solve those factors in my post (cost and ride). The other ones I conveniently go over below.

If you just wanted me to clarify MY verbal attack ("Stop saying you want to go to Raleigh and go, wtf") then all I was meaning was stop wishing for things and make it a reality. If you guys want to go so bad, make the right preparations starting now and go.

If you wanted me to apply more useful information then how about this... I'll baby some of you who need it in order to resolve all these "mitigating factors".

Information for MLG Raleigh:
1) Date: Friday-Sunday, August 27-29
2) Address: 500 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
3) Hotel Nearby: Raleigh Marriott City Center
- Discounted Group Rate: $119/night
- Deadline: August 5th
- 1. Call the hotel at 1-919-833-1120 and inform them you're with MLG OR
- 2. Book Online using the group code "MLGMLGA"
- I would NOT recommend this one however.
4) Nearest Airport: Raleigh Durham Airport
- 14 miles from venue
- Shuttle: $17 each way
- I'd recommend getting a ride from a local or nearby source if possible instead of flying.
5) Potential Cars: Lounis will be driving as of now and potentially Scatz
- People guaranteed for Lou's car already: Lounis, Micaelis, and TuRtL (as I know)
- Possible Spots Left: 2
6) Cost:
- 35$ for pass into the venue (includes promotional benefits such as all you can eat Dorritos, Hot Pockets, etc.)
- Hotel Room: Potentially around $20 per person if you get enough people to share it.
- Food: Assuming $5 a meal (you won't spend that much) then around $30-$40. My true guess would be around $20 if even.
- Gas Charge: This changes depending on your ride. Approximately $5-$10 usually.
- Total: ~$100
7) Scheduling:
- The tournament's early check-in begins at 10:30 AM on Friday Aug. 27
- The tournament is scheduled to conclude around 11:15 pm on Saturday Aug. 28 (Singles)
- You will most likely be able to leave either very early Friday morning or late Thursday evening.
- You will most likely return either very early Sunday morning or late Sunday evening.
8) Helpful Tips:
- If it's your first time going out of state, contact a more experience member in the community such as myself or Lounis.
- Start planning now. It is less than a month away and many preparations need to be made.
- If parents are a problem, try making deals with them or getting them to get the specifics/details/itinerary from your possible driver. Presenting this much information will also show them you can plan and be responsible and will help your case.
- Start saving now. Do extra jobs or find a way to make some extra cash in the next 4 weeks.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm riding with lounis unless more people come. Also, Reflex and Kismet will be coming (I'ma assume Elev8 is too), so if we all roomed like we did last time, then everyone would just have to pay 10 bucks a piece.

Purple

Hi guys!
No there isn't. lol. they both cost money, and they both require a ride. Only difference is the ride and money costs are higher.

Going out of state actually -is not- hard at all if your parents trust you; which they should if you're a respectable son or daughter and your friends are equally known and respectable.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm riding with lounis unless more people come. Also, Reflex and Kismet will be coming (I'ma assume Elev8 is too), so if we all roomed like we did last time, then everyone would just have to pay 10 bucks a piece.
K cool. Well I only put up the numbers as like a worse case scenario. I only expect to pay around $15 for a hotel and $15 on food and $5 on gas which will bring it to be around $70 instead of $100.

I also think 4GOD might be coming with Lounis if no one who asked previously is coming. I told him I'd get him a ride so it'll be done.

Btw, even $100 is a really good price to go out of state for 2-3 days with expenses included to possible the biggest and most official tournament you will EVER go to.

bigman40

Smash Master
Sweet deal. I'm actually trying to get my crew from GSU to come instead of me coming alone like I did for HERB 3. Hopefully they don't drop out like last time...

DRN

Smash Lord
Nvm, Lounis' car will be fine. Seems like its currently Me, Micaelis, and 4God if Scatz takes his own car. I think Billy also wanted to ride w/ Lounis which would make it full but i cant confirm that.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
uhh so who exactly is coming w/ Lounis? Seems like Me, U, 4God, and Scatz atm but i feel like someone else said they were riding w/ lounis too....
Rayku was I think but he's not confirmed and in the case where he becomes confirmed (since I believe he asked first) then he will replace 4GOD because if you do your math... only 5 people can fit in Lou's car and we have 5 already (including Lounis).

DRN

Smash Lord
Rayku was I think but he's not confirmed and in the case where he becomes confirmed (since I believe he asked first) then he will replace 4GOD because if you do your math... only 5 people can fit in Lou's car and we have 5 already (including Lounis).
I know only 5 can fit.... thats what i added the "....." after what i said cause the car would be overcapacity. Then i edited it cause i missed the post where scatz said he'll prob bring his own car w/ his crew cause it added spots.

Top Bottom