• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Min when will the quizzes start each day? I'm always up for saving some money (because I don't have any to start with lol).

Waba

Smash Apprentice
:psycho:SF4 Monthly Cash Tournament (PS3/Xbox360):

Where:
Waba Game Tournament Center
3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Duluth, GA 30096
Phone:678-417-9222
e-mail:wabagames@yahoo.com

When:
FEB. 28th, 2009 (Every Forth Saturday of each Month!)
Registration starts @ 2pm
Tournament starts @ 4pm
$10 door fee.
$10 pot fee.
70/20/10 pot split
100% of pot fee goes to winners.

Many other fighting games to play casuals on all day.
Main SF4 station projected on a HUGE wall to be viewed by all.
Live DJ music to pump up your gaming.
Food and Drinks available.

Best out of three except: (Semi-finals: best of 5 / Finals: best of 7)
Winner must retain same character.
Double elimination brackets.
B.Y.O.C.
More rules TBA

Peeps interested in attending so far:
1. TeeBee
2. Wantonx
3. Shinblanka
4. Madara Itachi
5. OldBoy=Min
6. MetalMike
7. Dr. EEK

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
wait, wut?
our melee tournaments are quite small, we get maybe 10 entrants from what i seen on a good day.

I really want to learn melee and enter one of the tourneys, but i can't find my melee cd. anyone up for friendlies somewhere?

Waba

Smash Apprentice
None, because people don't like showing up for regular Melee tournaments in Georgia. :(
Except your mom!:mad:jk. your mom never came to Waba...:urg:

Only Twelve Melee attendees last month before TO4. I do expect more since TO4 was last month and stirred up the interest back up to a new yummy level. How many of you Melee junkies will get their fix in FEB. @ Waba? Don't let the Brawl weaken your fight for the ultimate smash gamers title. RISE! Come together and take back what is yours! SMASH BRAWL! MELEE to Victory!!! :mad:

tubes

Smash Ace
our melee tournaments are quite small, we get maybe 10 entrants from what i seen on a good day.

I really want to learn melee and enter one of the tourneys, but i can't find my melee cd. anyone up for friendlies somewhere?
Just do what I do and enter one of the tourneys to learn melee.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL yeah i need to stop by an play

we were just questioning him because he wanted to play rock/paper/scissors for no reason.

yeah...

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
LOL yeah i need to stop by an play

we were just questioning him because he wanted to play rock/paper/scissors for no reason.

yeah...
hmmm, that's kind of.. dumb?

@tubes - that's what i'm doing , you should come in a random waba day and play with me o.o

@dogy - i can't even think of something witty to say to this picture. Wait hold on, where's the fried chicken?... Eh that's all i got.

Rayku- were you here for TO4? o.o

bigman40

Smash Master
So.....what about these crews? I'd definitely be liking to get some OoS traveling in when I have the money (and the confidence). Yall need to get off ur lazy *** and go around, beatin the **** out of other regions/states/people. My group are most of the time down to go, but our main problem is rides (until I get my car).

bigman40

Smash Master
you'd be able to get people to travel out of state for a singles tourney.

true on that. But some people need to show that they are willing to try since I'd be willing to go with some/most people. I've already started trying to get to OoS tourneys, and my first one might be this March. If other people are wanting to go, let me know or something, cause I got a crap load of friends wanting to get in some action. It's boring as **** down in this sry *** dump.

Waba

Smash Apprentice

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
But are any of them good at Smash 64? D:

(I know I am.)

highly doubt it, which is why i just raise my eyebrow at the whole idea.

It's kinda jacked up to have 2 tourneys and not allow somebody to enter both, but it kinda works out seeing how we dont have anybody who ***** both melee and brawl.

And then s64? Yeaaaah no.

__

And I honestly dont see how this is supposed to encourage anybody to play a game they dont play (if they dont play one). Like, take me for example. If I dont make top 5 in melee, what's the point of me playing brawl, I never actually have to do it.

Waba

Smash Apprentice

highly doubt it, which is why i just raise my eyebrow at the whole idea.
It's kinda jacked up to have 2 tourneys and not allow somebody to enter both, but it kinda works out seeing how we dont have anybody who ***** both melee and brawl.
And then s64? Yeaaaah no.
And I honestly dont see how this is supposed to encourage anybody to play a game they dont play (if they dont play one). Like, take me for example. If I dont make top 5 in melee, what's the point of me playing brawl, I never actually have to do it.
I am sad sir :( I hoped you would support this tournament. It's different and new, I know, but I truly think it can be fun with it's friendly rivalry flavor in the mix. I do welcome constructive criticism though, because this has not been done before and I want to be prepared as I can. You are a beast in Melee and would be greatly missed in this tournament. Give it a little more time to see the potential here sir, I will try my best to address any concerns.

Are you coming to the next monthly Dogy?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I am sad sir :( I hoped you would support this tournament. It's different and new, I know, but I truly think it can be fun with it's friendly rivalry flavor in the mix. I do welcome constructive criticism though, because this has not been done before and I want to be prepared as I can. You are a beast in Melee and would be greatly missed in this tournament. Give it a little more time to see the potential here sir, I will try my best to address any concerns.

Are you coming to the next monthly Dogy?
It's like, I would support it, but I really dont see how that's inclining anybody to learn the other game, and then the whole idea of the crew battle the next day really wouldnt prove anything.

But like, constructive criticism. Like I was saying, there's really no motivation for people to learn the other game.

Unless im reading this wrong, the way I see it is you enter 1 game, you cant enter the other. So I enter melee, and I get dead last. Im not in the top 5, so I wont even have to bother with brawl or s64. That's not going to motivate me to learn the other 2 games, that's going to motivate me to go work on melee so I can be in the top 5.

Then as for playing the other 2 games, assuming the usuals show up, i'd guess that the projected 5 to win brawl would be more than willing to do this, but the melee 5? I cant think of 5 that would go for melee that would be actually willing to do this to "prove anything." Then you throw in that most of the people on both sides probably wouldnt want to learn s64 for a one time thing and sunday seems like >.>. As for s64, I know I've seen Reflex and Kismet mess around in it, so by default I would assume Elev8 plays it too. I dont know anybody else who would should up that would play s64 with any bit of seriousness.

As for drawing a big crowd, the date doesnt do anything because there's no doubles. Having both is what usually drags some of the lessor-seen people, and some OoS interest. As it is right now, I cant imagine anybody except for maybe Yay actually travelling for this, and he'd be doing it to hang with people moreso than the tourney.

I honestly cant figure out the real motive behind the tourney, but if it's to get people interested in both games, I honestly think you'd be better off just keeping up the monthlies and giving people incentive to come in on the other's day. What said incentive is, I cant think of off the top of my head.

__

As for will I be at the monthly? I'll try. Graduation funds are starting to fizzle out, so I gotta see what happens. Im going to try to, and i imagine if worse comes to worse I should atleast be up there, even if I cant afford to enter anything.

For The Love Of God Does Anyone Know If Enough People Will Go To The Melee Monthly For Me To Show Up?
Lol at getting caps *****.

Depends on what you call enough, and it depends on what you espect; chilling with people or a decent sized tourney.

Saltix

Smash Lord
OcTIx I suck at all fighting games so you can't complain.

Wi-Fi me b*tch. Lagz.
NAH DUDE. You should've seen me play street fighter
R1 all day.
You should see me play Soul Calibur 4. I play Nightmare and "space".
You should see me play Brawl. If I ever show up to a monthly :(

You're never online.

Top Bottom