• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@P-1

You still have it as "Daluth" in the venue address area. Also, is there a way I can get a High Res copy of that poster with all the info on it? I was thinking I could use the big printers at Tech to print it out and post it up in some of the common areas. There are some really decent Smash players at Tech but most probably don't know about WABA. We usually get 50+ man tournaments on campus.

@WABA

If anyone from WABA wants to design a High Res poster for WABA's tournaments, I'll print and post them up at Tech. Just PM me if you're interested and I can get the info for the dimensions and what not for you. Or if you already have one, PM the image. It would most likely be very worth the time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
@P-1

You still have it as "Daluth" in the venue address area. Also, is there a way I can get a High Res copy of that poster with all the info on it? I was thinking I could use the big printers at Tech to print it out and post it up in some of the common areas. There are some really decent Smash players at Tech but most probably don't know about WABA. We usually get 50+ man tournaments on campus.

@WABA

If anyone from WABA wants to design a High Res poster for WABA's tournaments, I'll print and post them up at Tech. Just PM me if you're interested and I can get the info for the dimensions and what not for you. Or if you already have one, PM the image. It would most likely be very worth the time.
WTFFFF, 50+ people. You neeeeeed to advertise WABA.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Dude artdude ill help out. I know a thing or two about art and graphic design.

Umby

Smash Master
I think Jamaal usually makes the posters each month for Combo Breaker. Talk to him about those and just put those up.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Pretty decent smashers at Tech include:

me
Tong

we got a few decent Melee players, but Brawl is all like some dedede and this donkey kong and someone else and whatever

most people who enter tech tournament would never ever go to waba

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
oh quoted wrong person lol

anyway
We usually get 50+ man tournaments on campus.
soz, even monocon barely draws over 50 people and thats with the added group of monocon attenders united. we only get close to 50 once a semester at the most widely advertised month-in-advance planning fatmo tourney ever, and my guess is that participation is closer to 30 or 35 at best

maybe participation has jumped by nearly 50% since i was gone one sem. but i kind of doubt it

most people who enter tech tournament would never ever go to waba
also this

Pretty decent smashers at Tech include:
Tong
also this

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Everyone who quoted me

Not exaggerated at all. The first one held during fall had an exact number of 52 entrants for Brawl. The ESP Club one had 41 entrants for Brawl. Most of them aren't very good at all but there are a handful that are decent. Angelo, a G&W player, knows what he's doing and shows a lot of promise, beat me last tournament. Beau, a MK player, is also in the same boat and almost won the last tournament. Aline, MK/Snake player, did pretty well and went to Grand Finals at the 52 entrant tournament. Arlin, a Snake player, who beat Elliot at the last tournament in Snake Dittos, lulz, and got to Losers Finals. Alex, a Ness/Pikachu player, who is really really good, regularly beats 4GOD with Ness even and his Pikachu is getting really good. He's coming with me to CB5 already btw.

There's also of course, me, 4GOD, and F3NiX. Also Elliot and Tong if they would play more/be on campus :p lol. XIF also enters for lulz. So definitely not exaggerated and I said decent not "good". No one is really good until they go competitive and get some experience.

As for going to WABA, maybe not, but Beau has expressed interest and so has Arlin, Alex, and Angelo. But I don't think we have a car between us. Lounis can maybe give me and 3 others a ride if he has the room in the future so I'll see if I can get those 3 spots filled at the very least.

I'll get the measurements for a good sized poster and the cost once I get back on campus. I also have decent Photoshop skills and could do it myself if you guys really want. For example, I did my current sig in about 5-10 mins. Just PM me what you guys want.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
yeah I think SPSU could beat Tech in a Melee crew battle.
Lounis and Jason can beat any college in a Brawl crew battle by themselves.
I honestly think northview's 3-4 smashers can take on lounis and jason. Although you did say college and not highschool. NVM highschoolers get no love

MIright?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I honestly think northview's 3-4 smashers can take on lounis and jason. Although you did say college and not highschool. NVM highschoolers get no love

MIright?
3 maybe, I doubt we could take 4 seeing as how everyone is getting better, I'm gonna step up my game even more now.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Looks like I may be going to CB instead. Number of entrants seems a lot higher here.

Anyone want to do a couple of wifi matches? (Looking at you Biglou)

<3 Snow let me stay up this late. :)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
is there anything smash related happening tomorrow? i can get a bus down to GT if any of you guys want to play. hell, i can take marta anywhere.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Looks like I may be going to CB instead. Number of entrants seems a lot higher here.

Anyone want to do a couple of wifi matches? (Looking at you Biglou)

<3 Snow let me stay up this late. :)
Wish I could, but I can't get my wifi to work :(.

Nooooo go to both so we can play freindlies there. (If you have to pick one though cb should have more people)

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm going the weekly on Saturday and I think a few others are coming. Should come to WABA then and play. If we get enough maybe we can do a Pools seeded Bracket Tournament or something. I'd love to do that. I really want MU experience with my new secondary and to put a lot of my new techniques to use.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
>.< I hate that lol being snowed in at South Bronx is not fun. Thugs and family don't mix XD
and my family is worse than the thugs...... >.>

Anyways Ima try and come to tommorow's tourney and then the CB.

P.S. SNOW?!?!? In GA?!?!

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'd be down for a mini-crew battle. Lounis and myself vs. Northview?

BBQ keep in mind Tech has XIF in Melee.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'd be down for a mini-crew battle. Lounis and myself vs. Northview?

BBQ keep in mind Tech has XIF in Melee.
can i be part of northview
or your crew?

also Jason, I was JUST iming you on facebook chat when you logged off lol, luckily you're online here it says

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Norcross High only has 2 smashers.

Me, and my friend who's only been to Waba a few times, and would go more if he wasn't spending his money on weed.

Top Bottom