• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

GAwes

Hidden Boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAp1F1MbK5o

that **** is nice.

GAwes come to waba on fridays, or someday... something :<
yo man, dont really have the time before christmas, i may stop by next fri or sat but i got a ****load of papers due before dec. 11th, then im goin to spain for a month, but after that, im takin an easier semester and i'll be practicin what i been preachin. its hard to play you doods when i live way on the southside anyways.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
field trip to wes' house

haha, europe's music scene.
ITN? Let's play sets of other people's music and get famous!

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Reason # 1 Why i dont give a **** about techno, and subsequently, 99% of europe's music

YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

_GAwes
Ya, that **** is pretty pathetic from whoever stole it. That's like me playing a song on guitar and being like ya...I made this song up last night. Comment and tell me how you like it guys!

REGISTER FOR MY LADDER GUYS. 100 dollar prize!

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Ya, that **** is pretty pathetic from whoever stole it. That's like me playing a song on guitar and being like ya...I made this song up last night. Comment and tell me how you like it guys!

REGISTER FOR MY LADDER GUYS. 100 dollar prize!
Lol dood, although the video reminded me of it, i wasnt just talking about that guy. With Dj'ing, yes, its a skill, mixing boards arent easy to use, but just because its a difficult skill to acquire and takes some musical and rhythm talent, it doesnt make it a notable musical form. I'll even admit, there's some techno or electronica that i'll listen to, and i even went to see tiesto in concert, but **** man, just about everything in that genre is just a rip off another beat, a "remix" or a sample. I dont have time for music that untalented. Not to knock the guys that do it for fun and make some fun music to listen to, i just hate when people think they're super badass for it lol. They're not. Its kinda like when you eat a sausage dog at the fair, you know you have no idea what you're eating, and that its probably the worst grade of meat legal (or maybe worse) and its certainly not respectable as a culinary art by any means, but its still fun once in a while. Listen to All Shall Perish or or August Burns Red or Between the Buried and Me, thats some creative talent with a far greater technical difficulty (if tech **** is what floats your boat, not really a specification i go looking for in music. But metal aint all there is for me, i just find myself respecting the hell out of good metal (which makes up about 1% of the bull**** metal produced on this planet). Anything that's good, talented, and creative is fair game to me. Anyway, i aint gonna turn this thread into a music topic, so if anyone wants to talk to me about it, hit me up on facebook (my last name is woodall) cause i dont wanna spam this **** up anyway. And of course its just my opinion, and i like music that creates an identity, you cant identify with techno.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
lol I listen to mostly rock and rap when I'm in the mood. Techno I listen to for...smash or it goes good for combo videos? That's about it. Ya, I get that talent look at seeing music, but as long as it sounds good, I like it. I'm not a musician or artist, so I don't care much for talent, but I know where you're coming from.

As for metal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qtk9c6ZGcM

August Burns Red -"Composure"

Ya the instrumental music sounds amazing, but that screaming is just killing all that talent FOR ME. They need a chorus and a vocalist that doesn't sound angry the WHOLE time. It's all preference though. Can't knock anyone out for what they do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE-uIljiGo

Listen to this. Ronald Jenkees is amazing to me.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Composure rules man, plus, taking screaming to always mean anger is just a false social construct, august burns red gives me some of the greatest positive notions in my life, and are part of a long list of bands that can help me get through almost any problem.

composure-

Life can be overwhelming,
but don’t turn your back on the strongest crutch you’ve ever had.
They have always been there to brace your fall.
So Wave goodbye to the past.
You’ve got your whole life to lead.

Edit:
****, while im on the subject, anybody seen the new "The Spirit" trailer with August Burns Red? I know its a long shot that anyone else here listens to them lol. but its sick.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Composure rules man, plus, taking screaming to always mean anger is just a false social construct, august burns red gives me some of the greatest positive notions in my life, and are part of a long list of bands that can help me get through almost any problem.

composure-

Life can be overwhelming,
but don’t turn your back on the strongest crutch you’ve ever had.
They have always been there to brace your fall.
So Wave goodbye to the past.
You’ve got your whole life to lead.

Edit:
****, while im on the subject, anybody seen the new "The Spirit" trailer with August Burns Red? I know its a long shot that anyone else here listens to them lol. but its sick.
It was just sarcasm lol.

Also, I'm currently going by those lyrics. Lyrics are important, preferable sound is important, and talent is important. Thing about music is that you can't make EVERYONE happy. Everyone has preference.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Original Post Updated!
The update has been included here, for your convenience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TO4] - Tipped Off 4 - Regional Melee Tournament
Date: Saturday and Sunday, January 17th and 18th, 2009
Door Fee: $10
Singles Entry: $15
Doubles Entry: $20 per team.
Pot Split: 60/30/10

Tipped Off 4 is a larger scale two day regional Melee tournament put together by FullMetal Mike & Waba Game.
Come and play with Georgia regulars as well as players from Out Of State!
See the official thread for details!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Why do we have mods snoopin around our fourms? idk i might get caught for eatin a crunch bar... yum crunch *CRUNCH*

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh i dunno, maybe because the 2 mods you see are... from GA?

Maybe?

Or maybe because we're GA, and when it comes to gaming, GA is known for drama?

Maybe?

-Counter Break!!-

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Annoyingly peppy J-pop and contemporary orchestral **** beats all those other genres by a longshot.

Just saying. <_<

tubes

Smash Ace
Ya turn out of like 8 people. Melee and Brawl.
I'll ask again but with a restated question so people can understand what I'm asking better.

If I wanted to go to Waba for Melee friendlies once a week, what would be the best day of the week to go?

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
I'll ask again but with a restated question so people can understand what I'm asking better.

If I wanted to go to Waba for Melee friendlies once a week, what would be the best day of the week to go?
friday

10epicfridays

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace

I wasn't aware you were asking me a question man. I would say fridays. If I go it would be on a friday and last friday is when I went. Come this friday. I'm going this friday and I think Lou(dentedglass) is. We aren't pros or top in the state, but we aren't complete noobs. Come play with us at least.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
@noir - you and your technical ***, i can't wait until i get melee, i should be at your level by friday.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
sorry guys i would have came but people dont know how to pick up the phone
*looks at mars*
well what about this friday whats good for this week?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
@noir - you and your technical ***, i can't wait until i get melee, i should be at your level by friday.
haha I was doing terrible. I'm not use to my opponent moving. Friday we can practice melee and brawl. I need to get a lot of brawl highlights so that I can make a combo video in the next 2 weeks. Anyone up to be in my combo video and wont get mad that i save a lot of replays?

sorry guys i would have came but people dont know how to pick up the phone
*looks at mars*
well what about this friday whats good for this week?
So far me, biglou, and antic are going.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Original Post Updated!
The update has been included here, for your convenience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TLP] - Thanksgiving Lock In Potluck
Date: Thursday, November 27th, 2008.
Time: 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM.
Door Fee: $10 with leftovers, $15 without them.

Waba Game will be closed on Thanksgiving day.
However, we will be opening at 11:00 PM to host a Lock In Potluck!
Bring your Thanksgiving leftovers and get in at a discounted rate!
If you are of legal drinking age, then you are welcome to bring some alcohol as well.
Waba will not be serving alcohol, so it's strictly BYOB.

Desu's note: It's going to be mad fun, everyone should come to this. Tons of thanksgiving leftovers, video games, and drinking games.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
For everyone planning to go Friday, you should come to the lock in on Thursday too!
Lots of food and funstuffs for all.
Plus it goes from 11pm to 7am.
More smash, more food, more fun, etc~

Eggz

Smash Hero
I mix, not produce. DJs in the UK do a lot more to the tracks than beatmatch, I mostly just make my mixes so I have a long series of well cut songs that don't cut sacrifice energy for empty bass to listen to for smash/car rides.

Top Bottom