• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Yeah, just leave the deep south out of it. I don't wanna have to worry about getting lynched or beaten to death for whistling at white women anyway:)
It's not like that anymore. White people are afraid of you people now.

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
So, when's the next Melee and Brawl tournament?

I remember when I used to save money from selling lollipops on my own time at school in order to go a tournament once a month. Most of you guys have jobs; there's no excuse for not going to tournaments. Gas prices are way down, too...

Let's talk about rides to Waba, IMO.

And million-dollar money match me in Brawl, everyone in this thread.
It on like donkey kong bring it mofo *looks to his right* "oh hell no i did not just do that"

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
If josh wasn't on our PR, we'd have an all black power rankings.

That's right
chaddd and fullmetal?
black.

rofl you put that in your sig, nica

GAwes

Hidden Boss
The deep south of GA doesn't really have a competitive community outside of Savannah, but they don't really have much backing to their skill other than the two times they've been at tournaments.
Yeah i know but its kinda the same argument as like the House of Representatives vs. the Senate. Places with no players (i.e. very south georgia) need some form of moderate representation in the off chance that they might become active. This list isnt for us, it isnt for the people that will be on it, so much as its for the kids that need to know who to go after to get better. Thats what the GA PR is for.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I suppose.
All we have to do is have someone step up and represent the south.
If that doesn't happen though, that's no reason to just not do the power rankings. We'll add the south representative whenever he shows up and have another PR release - like a bill of rights.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Yeah i know but its kinda the same argument as like the House of Representatives vs. the Senate. Places with no players (i.e. very south georgia) need some form of moderate representation in the off chance that they might become active. This list isnt for us, it isnt for the people that will be on it, so much as its for the kids that need to know who to go after to get better. Thats what the GA PR is for.
I thought it was for me and my ego.:(

chaddd

Smash Lord
Well, I only play characters with curley mustaches. And theres none in melee. So I guess that means Im done.
It doesn't matter. As long as you can reset that stacked chips infinite you're all good.

Oh, and fuck you everyone, that last post was too funny.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Wait......What? *Points to Albany, Ga*

We're active and about one hour away from Florida, if that isn't very South Georgia (besides Valdosta aka Dogy's old area) I don't know what is >.>.

We haven't showed up to any Atlanta area tournaments since Tipped off 3 due to our main ride ****ing up on us and my crappy work schedule. Once I get it repaired and perhaps get a new job from the way things are looking, expect to see us at more tournaments.

*looks at wes* ruh roh.
He knows what's up.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
omg i missed everything god ****
any im lol at everything i cant wait to be a beast at melee

@marty yo we can play non smash games anytime you already know i should just hit you up though you still in kennesaw?
yeah, i am still in kennesaw. and yes, we need to play non-smash things

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Soft- I think the question of "are there 10 active smashers in GA" has a more than obvious answer: YES- we just all end up playing in our respective areas.

The "problem" is getting either ALL the players in GA to make it to one tournament, or to involve more NEW smashers in whatever area the tournament is going to occur.

Nobody seems to want to man-the-****-up: "Oh melee is too hard, *insert name here* ***** me when I play, I'll just play brawl."
The general attitude is that becoming "top 10 material" or "standing a chance at winning" is impossible- is ABSOLUTE BULL****. I started playing in late 2006, got ***** for well over a year, and only during the past year started to be able to compete AND win against the top players in our state. Before that, I threw $$$ upon $$$ into tournaments, hosting smashfests and gas to go wherever smash was.

We play to win, but we also play for fun. If your only objective for playing smash is "to see if you can win some money" then you're wasting your time.

I'll reference something Sleepy said, here:
GET A JOB if money would be your only reason for playing melee.

When you're a scrub and you pay door fee/entry fee to enter a tournament- you're basically paying for the experience you gain. The best GA smashers aren't *******s you know- we're more than willing to play friendlies with you and try to point out things you can improve.

Man the **** up, GA

/end rant

Another question I wanted to raise about the GA pr being reborn- will we be doing SOLELY tournament placings? Or involving other aspects as well?
Because last time we went solely with attendance/tournament placings, and had the equivalent of a riot on the forums here.

I'd recommend placings/general known skill/MMs/attendance for the criteria for the PR.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I dunno about the PR's... we could get 10 smashers I guess.

I'd say I would be number 2... I dunno I do really well OOS/national tournaments, and I dont think anyone in GA has a better OOS/national record than I do, but Chaddd beats me, and recently its only been georgia tournaments, so off of that, I would say i'm number 2.

So, now that I've covered the part that might've gotten 10 pages of flame wars, we can make a good old boring PR.

Sorry, all about me and chaddd =D

<_<

>_>

*gets stabbed*

PS: chaddd, we need to get some bud going again, i got the funds. ;)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Give me ten minutes in Training Mode for Melee and I'll defeat at least half of the Melee PR. <3

Umby

Smash Master
I can't get good in Melee because everyone around me plays Brawl, and I can't go to Georgia Tech that often just to play Melee like I want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom