• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia is too good!

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
My friend Ares played you at LTEC and he said you got rid of some of his bad habits.
He also said you play really smart.

Others have also said similar things. ;) If I see you at a FL tourney sometime next year, I call first dibs on getting my butt kicked.

Edit:
Justice777: yeah, you are correct about wifi and online to an extent. All internet configs are different. Some may not be able to play foreigners.
However, it is not impossible to play them.
Also Wifi play still beats the pants off of the current melee system anyday. (Cars, planes, trains)

chaddd

Smash Lord
this might be the greatest post i've seen in this thread
You lie. Sleepy's post was quite possibly the greatest post ever. Regardless of the thread.

<333333333333333 sleepy

Gawd is GA always this hateful or what?
You sir, have not been paying enough attention to anything.

you wasted 8 minutes of my life!! suck my c0ck for forgiveness!!
Like I said. Lambchops rules.

Lambchops: Can you journey to GA to teach us how to play smash ?
No comment other than no comment.

Renth

Smash Hero
Wahhhhhh.
just because Brawl is coming out doesn't mean Melee is going to die out i've been hearing it a lot lately WHOA BRAWL we don't even know if it's going to be good tournament wise get over yourselves there's going to be melee tournaments forever.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Others have also said similar things. ;) If I see you at a FL tourney sometime next year, I call first dibs on getting my butt kicked.
It would be much better for you to assume you can win and learn what you need to know on your own, then apply it and if you don't get the results you desire, then practice practice practice. Who someone has and can beat has nothing to do with how well you'll do against them.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
you wasted 8 minutes of my life!! suck my c0ck for forgiveness!!
HAHA i seriously lolled for quite a while. Chops is the best

ps we should leave IQ out of smash. it just becomes a pissing contest
lets just agree that none of us will ever be as smart as mannie fresh

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
But it is apparent that he will teach me things I didn't already know b/c he is more experienced.
It would be foolish to think I can beat Lambchops knowing his reputation.

There is a fine line between humility and self-assurance. You may be comfortable against Lamb, but I KNOW I would get my butt whipped. Not 4 or 3 stocked but I wouldn't beat him. ;)

I want to play you as well Chaddd b/c you def. could teach me some things. Heres hoping

TOM: Dude Mannie fresh is REAL BIG!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ8Cpnjoggc

Jim Kelly

Smash Rookie
@ Chaddd: I was paying attention. It just seems like some of you couldn't get along.

I was about to bust in here with my amazing kung fu skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nldruy8k4VA ( Ya'll better recognize)

Looks a lot better now tho
:bigthumbu

TOM: Are you a hustla ? Only real G's and hustlas get down with ol Mannie Fresh.
Even if he gets down wit ol punk Lil Flip

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
LOL I like this guy ^

Is that like the black counterpart to Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris or something? :confused:

A black martial arts hero. Who would have thought ?
Can't say I don't like the idea :chuckle:

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Mr Tsunami - It concerns me very little whether or not you believe I have a genius IQ, but Mensa seems to think so, otherwise they wouldn't have let me join.

Also, the fact that you believe that all geniuses agree with organized education in a public setting proves that you know very little about the genius mind. Many geniuses practice autodidacticism. That means we teach ourselves, rather than going bankrupt trying to pay for an Ivy League education. Ivy League schools have never interested me in the slightest due simply to the fact that a college degree means about the same as a high school diploma these days. Since it's the new standard, it's now the new average.

PS. I got accepted to Duke University when I was 12. School sucks. I didn't go.
lol what is with you Georgia kids and your random claims of genius? Wes showed up lauding his brilliant mind in your last ridiculous thread and now you post this.

Being a genius is a lot more meaningless than having a college degree.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
O_o

Im all for this "getting GA better" thing too but..

. Don't tell me I don't know anything about Georgia Smash when I'm the one who turned it sideways for the first time in 6 years.
whether ur serious or not, plz explain what u mean by that? 6 years is a long time after all.....

Hey TRC

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Well if you'd take the time to know Wesley you'd know he is pretty ****ing brilliant.

So is Reflex and a handfull of other people... I don't know Chaddd well enough but he seems to fit the actual genius bill as I see it. Doesn't surprise me.

Man Georgia... all I can keep saying is "at least you're not South Carolina" .-.

edit : sup Mike G LOL

chaddd

Smash Lord
Being a genius is a lot more meaningless than having a college degree.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Being intelligent versus having a piece of paper.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord

I didn't say being intelligent was meaningless. Don't think scoring some arbitrarily high value on some kind of test (i.e., a "genius" level) is the same thing as being intelligent, or that it will be remotely indicative of future accomplishments.

So you're a genius. Fine. I believe you. So am I. But who cares, really? Richard Feynman had an IQ of 124, and he was one of the most brilliant scientists of the 20th century. Marilyn Vos Savant has the highest IQ of anyone alive, and she's an editor for Parade Magazine. My point is that IQ is just a number, a relatively meaningless one at that.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I didn't say being intelligent was meaningless. Don't think scoring some arbitrarily high value on some kind of test (i.e., a "genius" level) is the same thing as being intelligent, or that it will be remotely indicative of future accomplishments.

So you're a genius. Fine. I believe you. So am I. But who cares, really? Richard Feynman had an IQ of 124, and he was one of the most brilliant scientists of the 20th century. Marilyn Vos Savant has the highest IQ of anyone alive, and she's an editor for Parade Magazine. My point is that IQ is just a number, a relatively meaningless one at that.
You didn't say anything about IQ. You distinctly clarified that you were talking about intelligence.

Also, IQ's are meaningless. A perfect score on an IQ test is 1000. No one has ever scored more than a little over 1/5 of that. So how could someone determine that someone has an IQ of 1000, if the test designers themselves aren't able to attain a perfect score? Food for thought.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You didn't say anything about IQ. You distinctly clarified that you were talking about intelligence.

Also, IQ's are meaningless. A perfect score on an IQ test is 1000. No one has ever scored more than a little over 1/5 of that. So how could someone determine that someone has an IQ of 1000, if the test designers themselves aren't able to attain a perfect score? Food for thought.
I meant "being a genius" in the sense of attaining a certain score on a test (like the one you took to get into MENSA). If "genius" just means "really ****ing smart" then it isn't worthless but it's hard to know what is meant, exactly. But I wasn't really clear, so...sorry about that.

And if you agree that IQs are meaningless, why bring up MENSA at all? The only requirement for getting into MENSA is scoring in the top 2% on one of a couple different IQ tests.

ss118

Smash Master

you win the internet for this post
but Sleepy said no because of his awesome post earlier

dashdancedan

Smash Journeyman
one time I beat blake in a set using three different characters.

>_>

*goes back to lurker land*

oh and to the other marietta guy, I'm off john ward rd.Just mapquest it.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
All this talk about intelligence is fine and good, but lets remember that intelligence is subjective.
Like one of my high school teachers told my class, "It doesn't matter what your IQ # is b/c it merely pertains to the particular exam that you took."

It would take hundreds of exams over different subjects to get even a vague picture. Factor in the fact that multiple people must grade each manually and those people have diff. views on right and wrong. Mensa uses the same systematic grading scheme.

You are left with the logical problem of how that could work ? It doesn't. IQ is simply an estimate of your ability compared to others in the exact same circumstances. It can't be too entrusted as the environment is too controlled.
(BLAH BLAH BLAH yeah I know long winded ... I apologize)

Lets not get too into this intelligence debate (Even if it is nice to see something that doesn't pertain to smash once in a while);)

TRC is right. I haven't met any dumb smashers. I consider all of them smart ppl and lets leave it at that.

Also TRC: SC isn't bad. I mean there are not a "lot" of you, but the people that do play smash are quite good. :)

Rayku

Smash Lord
How much I have improved and how little recognition I have gotten for it leads me to a very depressed state, however I'm always ready to further my skills as much as possible in order to gain what I want: a 'champion' label.

As impossible as this may seem to some people, I've always felt like playing video games was one of my better talents, and I played Smash and fell in love with the game back in '98. Then I learned about bat drops, then wavedashing, and my world got turned upside down. I was introduced to competitive gaming, where I began playing Sonic as a side hobby. It then became a main hobby, but the community proved to be distrustful and I abandoned it for a very long time, to go back to the Smash community. It was there I met many interesting people, and sort of acquired a name for myself other than 'Champion of Sonic'. People know my screenname just by hearing it, which is always a good thing to hear about. Not everyone knows my real name, which I'm fine by.

I feel like I've gained a little bit of respect among the community of Smash Bros, not as much as I'd like, because much of your skill in this game depends on who you meet, as people would rather go up to someone of mentionable credit and say 'Hey, aren't you that guy?! You're really good!' than some random guy sitting on a bench/chair losing every fight they have.

I'm not close friends with anyone I've met through Smash. The one I talk to the most is Marty, which isn't even that much. I love the game, and the many people I have met have all seemed to be pretty cool people.

In other words, I play this game competitively because it is something that I love. I will forever try to improve, whether it is watching videos constantly and practicing on computers or actually going to someone's house once every 2398429387 years and playing a real person.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
TRC is right. I haven't met any dumb smashers. I consider all of them smart ppl and lets leave it at that.

Also TRC: SC isn't bad. I mean there are not a "lot" of you, but the people that do play smash are quite good. :)
incorrect, austin is awesome, but seriosuly, you guys have to face fact,s i'm pretty drunk and honestgly, this is a competeive game, you are in tournaments discussion. you would never see someone in thw orld coup being like "oh new zealand, sorry you don't have as many people as england, you guys are still good at rugby" you know why dood, because new zealand is a top 3 teamq int world, depsite its population and seapartaion, you know why??? cuase they have drive yo, step it up bro, get competitive. **** eveyrone thats not GA, **** Everyone thats not GA, **** everyone that doesnt' play c. falcon. **** everyone thats not me or bobby or miles, old school mother ****er, mike g. and the rats, get real yo, get brut4l, get metal, tear that sht up air guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GA Peach

Smash Lord
You lie. Sleepy's post was quite possibly the greatest post ever. Regardless of the thread.

<333333333333333 sleepy
lol, my fault. i seem to be mistaken. chad, we need to play. call me immediately if not sooner :lick:

P.S.: has anyone actually found an appropriate time to use the eyeball-eating smiley face?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey chaddd.
i think everyone gets what your trying to do.
there is just this thing called tact, that believe it or not, actually works

it doesn't take a genius to understand that telling someone (or in this case, a group of people) outright they SUCK is not the most effective way to encourage them to get better. If you think that it is the most effective way, then all I can tell you is that you're highly mistaken, take it or leave it.

its like "I really want my state to be good. My state sucks. if you don't like it **** you. but i really want to you be good. so listen to what I have to say. but also **** you cuz you suck. if you disagree with me **** you go away. But listen to me too because I want my state to be good"
that's how your coming off. Its just very incoherent, thats why people think you're just bragging, because someone who ACTUALLY wanted to help wouldn't be so dissmissive of everyone.

anyway I'm not from GA, and I'm pretty *** at this game so no one probably cares what I have to say. If you've got any tips for non-GA smashers I'm certainly down.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I want to get really good at Melee.

I also have my first and current competitive goal for Brawl set: I'm going to become the best Wario player in the nation.

I like proving others wrong. I scoff at those above me, those in the authoritative areas; I want to show others that I can get to their level, despite what they may think about me.

There's still going to be Melee around, and I still want to excel at it, even if Brawl ends up being better in every way. I have fun learning new strategies and taking myself to the next level, and you should, too. I don't care who you play or what your motives for playing are; you can excel and push yourself to great heights if you keep at it.

At the same time, I don't think I'm in much of a position to tell others this, as I don't feel that I have a definitively superior ability than some of the people that are being addressed. If anything, I think Chaddd's the best person for the job, since he's the #1 spot on the rankings for the state being addressed.

Still, no matter what your motives for playing Smash, you should want to take it upon yourself to excel. Getting better means new strategies and tactics to see, use, counter, and build upon, which makes for a more enjoyable experience. I play because I like to have fun, and whether it's slamming someone's face in-game, or doing the attacks mid-game in real life, I love getting better, and I love winning. I really can't argue otherwise, nor do I want to, nor should anyone want to.

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
SC isn't bad. I mean there are not a "lot" of you, but the people that do play smash are quite good. :)
:laugh: Only some of us from SC are quite good. I don't even want to figure out how low the ratio of my wins to losses against Austin is because it's pathetic.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Man Wes ripped that junk up!!!! :laugh:

Chaddd has a noble idea, but the execution was a bit off.
I can still get where he is coming from though.

Guess its time to turn it up!!!!!

Reflex will totally make Wario top tier.

CodeBlue: Are you coming to the tourney on the 20th?

:sleep time

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
I wish it was possible, but work is a *****. Too bad I already put in for some vacation time two weeks after the tourney or I'd probably be able to make it.

chaddd

Smash Lord
hey chaddd.
i think everyone gets what your trying to do.
there is just this thing called tact, that believe it or not, actually works

it doesn't take a genius to understand that telling someone (or in this case, a group of people) outright they SUCK is not the most effective way to encourage them to get better. If you think that it is the most effective way, then all I can tell you is that you're highly mistaken, take it or leave it.

its like "I really want my state to be good. My state sucks. if you don't like it **** you. but i really want to you be good. so listen to what I have to say. but also **** you cuz you suck. if you disagree with me **** you go away. But listen to me too because I want my state to be good"
that's how your coming off. Its just very incoherent, thats why people think you're just bragging, because someone who ACTUALLY wanted to help wouldn't be so dissmissive of everyone.

anyway I'm not from GA, and I'm pretty *** at this game so no one probably cares what I have to say. If you've got any tips for non-GA smashers I'm certainly down.
SRY DOOD. It's already worked wonders. I'm currently traveling across different regions of my state only to find that those who took my post seriously have almost doubled, if not tripled, their skill since my post's conception. Just because some people are crybabies doesn't mean others won't improve from it. For me, and I know many others, proving someone wrong is one of the strongest motivations.

ss118

Smash Master
I think chaddd is trying to become hokage...

BELIEVE IT!
If you ever say that again, I will take you, eat you, shee1t you out, melt the toilet I use down, throw it in a garbage disposal, stuff the remains up Naruto's @$$, throw the body in the water, and open the gates of hell so you will BURN AND DIE(if you haven't already)!!!

Justice777

Smash Cadet
If you ever say that again, I will take you, eat you, shee1t you out, melt the toilet I use down, throw it in a garbage disposal, stuff the remains up Naruto's @$$, throw the body in the water, and open the gates of hell so you will BURN AND DIE(if you haven't already)!!!
Actually that sounds like the begining of a porno I saw once.

Top Bottom